Shaylá
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Onyxia
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents:

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:22 PM

View Postmethodman2, on 23 November 2012 - 03:47 PM, said:

all you dimwitted cunts that are arguing about pointless shit; i hope you develop RSI and arthritis

Are you suffering? It's okay to end it, you know...

#202 Buglamp

Buglamp
  • Members

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:50 PM

View PostReliuna, on 23 November 2012 - 03:36 PM, said:

so sweet and so true

so fresh and so clean

#203 Reliuna

Reliuna
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Naxxramas
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • Talents: Balance
  • LocationSweden

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:25 PM

View PostBuglamp, on 23 November 2012 - 04:50 PM, said:

so fresh and so clean

so sweet and so true
Posted Image

#204 FTRouslan

FTRouslan
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Maiev
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Frost
  • RBG: 1141

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:11 PM

Why doesn't anyone agree that both sides have been doing some pretty awful stuff, and that this vicious cycle only continues because each side justifies their actions because of previous actions from the other side? There's never going to be peace if we continue to polarize ourselves towards "Israel" (Netanyahu's government) or "Palestine" (Hamas). Quotation marks are intentionally used in this case.

Who cares about who is more in the right? It's a stupid moot point. Both countries are engulfing the area into bloodshed, and until we either replace these governments or force them into actually protecting the prosperity of their respective people by coming to an agreement, then we will never find peace in this area. Since the United States has huge amounts of influence in this area, and much of the current situation is the result of our actions in the Middle East, either we're obligated to solve the problems we've created, or it's time to finally back away and stop trying to control the lives of people in other nations.

Do any of you really think the Israeli people, or the Palestinian people, are any more special? Why should a human life be weighted more than the other?

I haven't seen anyone, on any issue regarding recent events in Israel/Palestine, talk about alternatives to peace, only reasons to justify the ignoble actions of their respective governments... which almost always fail to correlate with the best interests of the population at large.
Nasty, brutish, and about 6'1".

View PostNameswapro, on 18 November 2014 - 09:38 PM, said:

Look at me. I can start and stop wars, at will. I can save or destroy the world. I can do anything I fucking want. Just now, I pissed near my toilet bowl because I fucking can.

#205 Reliuna

Reliuna
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Naxxramas
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • Talents: Balance
  • LocationSweden

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:01 PM

View PostFTRouslan, on 25 November 2012 - 07:11 PM, said:

Why doesn't anyone agree that both sides have been doing some pretty awful stuff,

i believe everyone agrees with that?
Posted Image

#206 Thedream

Thedream
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/2

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:04 PM

View PostReliuna, on 25 November 2012 - 09:01 PM, said:

i believe everyone agrees with that?
ye i think i said this on first or second page

Posted Image

live.laugh.love

i am the law

#207 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:31 PM

There's never going to be peace anyway when one side just wants to kill the other side. Alternatives to peace that don't involve bloodshed? I'm interested to hear.
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#208 Bloodriot

Bloodriot
  • Members

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:09 PM

View PostFTRouslan, on 25 November 2012 - 07:11 PM, said:

Why doesn't anyone agree that both sides have been doing some pretty awful stuff, and that this vicious cycle only continues because each side justifies their actions because of previous actions from the other side?

"They are both bad, okay"

This sort of talk doesn't make for an interesting conversation now, does it?
Posted Image

#209 FTRouslan

FTRouslan
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Maiev
  • Whirlwind

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:26 PM

View PostBloodriot, on 25 November 2012 - 11:09 PM, said:

So basically the whole point of this thread was to prove an ignorant opinion that ultimately was as useless, if not more useless, than my previous post?

Nothing constructive to this debate AT ALL. I hope you realized you wasted your time coming up with your stupid thoughts.

Look at me. I can start and stop wars, at will. I can save or destroy the world. I can do anything I fucking want. Just now, I pissed near my toilet bowl because I fucking can.

#210 Bloodriot

Bloodriot
  • Members

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:43 PM

h8ers gonna h8 mods can suck it
Posted Image

#211 FTRouslan

FTRouslan
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Maiev
  • Whirlwind

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:30 AM

View PostBloodriot, on 29 November 2012 - 09:43 PM, said:

h8ers gonna h8 mods can suck it

Did you come up with that one by yourself? Or did having to actually understand what's going on in Palestine prove to be too much of an arduous task for you to handle?

#212 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Moderators
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:31 AM

lol !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ha ha ha ah ! ! ! ! !  !

bk said:

I used to beat off alot, and fail all my classes

Insight said:

I figured he's a phony but I was secretly hoping to get pounded by someone famous.

View PostTw1zle, on 07 August 2011 - 11:05 PM, said:

i wasnt aware that america was a country

i guess we learn things every day

#213 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:36 AM

Posted Image

is this some subtle trolling or what the fuck is going on

Edited by Thaya, 30 November 2012 - 12:36 AM.

#214 FTRouslan

FTRouslan
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Maiev
  • Whirlwind

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:42 AM

View PostThaya, on 30 November 2012 - 12:36 AM, said:

Posted Image

is this some subtle trolling or what the fuck is going on

Wladyslaw worst troll world

#215 FTRouslan

FTRouslan
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Maiev
  • Whirlwind

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:55 AM

I'd give you rep since you put a lot of effort into making a paint picture over nothing, but I ran out of rep today. Remind me tomorrow.

#216 Bloodriot

Bloodriot
  • Members

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:17 AM

View PostFTRouslan, on 30 November 2012 - 12:30 AM, said:

Did you come up with that one by yourself? Or did having to actually understand what's going on in Palestine prove to be too much of an arduous task for you to handle?

You were my inspiration :)
Posted Image

#217 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:17 AM

Obviously a lot of effort

#218 FTRouslan

FTRouslan
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Maiev
  • Whirlwind

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:11 AM

Apparently, reading comprehension and the art of the subtle invective is lost upon this thread.

Did you come up with that one by yourself? Or (a thinly veiled insult insinuating that Bloodriot had no idea what he was talking about)?

View PostBloodriot, on 30 November 2012 - 01:17 AM, said:

You were my inspiration :)

Did you come up with that one by yourself? Or a thinly veiled insult?

Or

Generally,  the word "or" implies having to choose one thing over another. I see you've made your own choice.

Anyways I'm going to stop, since I'm just going to bash people more if this thread doesn't receive the rightful death it deserves.

#219 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Moderators
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:57 AM

shut the fuck up

bk said:

I used to beat off alot, and fail all my classes

Insight said:

I figured he's a phony but I was secretly hoping to get pounded by someone famous.

View PostTw1zle, on 07 August 2011 - 11:05 PM, said:

i wasnt aware that america was a country

i guess we learn things every day

#220 FTRouslan

FTRouslan
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Maiev
  • Whirlwind

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:09 AM

Anyways, I'm only harming myself by continuing this bullshit conversation. I'd rather give this thread one last shot and continue from the point of breakage.

View PostBloodriot, on 25 November 2012 - 11:09 PM, said:

Promoting one side over another, based off of propaganda, like every single other conversation over the internet on Palestine, doesn't make for an interesting conversation either. Been there, done that. Yaaaaaaaaaaawn.

Maybe discussing alternatives to promote peace, such as not assassinating the leaders of a country, or reinacting Manifest Destiny in the Outremer, or not sponsoring an extremist-leaning military wing, or not engaging in indiscriminate primitive rocket launches could serve as a better focal point for discussion. These are only immediate solutions, but they can go a long way for the betterment of all mankind.

I just don't understand the need for polarization. My personal opinion is that the way Palestinians are treated right now is a mixture of Native Americans in the 1800s, and a general extremist stereotyping, which is halting any peace initiatives because we are condescending at best, outright genocidal at worst in that area of the world.

Even though that's what I personally believe politically, I don't think Hamas is always in the right (since they seem to not be able to reel in their quasi-"terrorist" military branch), especially with its promotion of 1400 year old morals. But that does not give us the right to essentially treat them as an inferior group of people.

At the end, the best option is to figure out what is the path to peace. What are the obstacles (I don't believe it's the people in general, I think it's the leadership of both sides which needs to be tackled)? What can bring about this change? Perhaps another social revolution brought about by the internet? Perhaps Israeli military confrontation in Palestine is hurting their chances of ending this conflict in the long term by destroying infrastructure, cultivating additional support for a rather fundamentalist group, and ruining the economy to help preclude some of this technological development required for the spread of information.

What is your opinion to stop the carnage? Let's make this thread require actual thought now, disregarding previous posts.

Oh, except for this one:

View PostSykeasaurus, on 30 November 2012 - 03:57 AM, said:

shut the fuck up

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<