• LocationSweden

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:35 AM

just let the religious people bomb themselves off this planet
Posted Image

#22 Bloodriot

Bloodriot
  • Members

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:39 AM

Does Israel not have the right to defend itself? And, at the risk of labouring the point, argumentum ad verecundiam and ad populum are not persuasive in the slightest.
Posted Image

#23 Breadstic

Breadstic
  • Meebz
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Malfurion
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 2/0/1/1/0/0
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:04 AM

who fucking cares honestly

#24 Thedream

Thedream
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/2

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:06 AM

View PostBloodriot, on 20 November 2012 - 03:39 AM, said:

Does Israel not have the right to defend itself? And, at the risk of labouring the point, argumentum ad verecundiam and ad populum are not persuasive in the slightest.

I think you missed the point of me linking the article in this context

in your style that would be:
ibat super caput tuum

(i posted the link to show how the united states was defending israel blindly and the quote was supposed to help you spot that)

Posted Image

live.laugh.love

i am the law

#25 Bloodriot

Bloodriot
  • Members

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:16 AM

You're going to have to explain how a ~400 word article from a middle of the road newspaper shows that America blindly defends Israel.
Posted Image

#26 Thedream

Thedream
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:20 AM

"We believe Israel has a right to defend itself, and they'll make their own decisions about the tactics they use in that regard."

Posted Image

live.laugh.love

i am the law

#27 Buglamp

Buglamp
  • Members

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:23 AM

I think people just side with the underdog as it's easier to sympathize with the loser.

They're both full of misguided people fighting due to nonsensical religious beliefs(and some are just simply assholes I'm sure), but if I had to take a side it'd be w/Israel only because they seem to have a slightly less retarded culture - less misogynistic for sure.

There's no real aggressor anymore - it's like gang wars, they've been at it for so long each side can justify anything as revenge for past offenses from the other side.

#28 Bloodriot

Bloodriot
  • Members

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:28 AM

It seems to me that would only be evidence of your point of that was the first and last comment the US had ever made about Israel.
Posted Image

#29 Thedream

Thedream
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:40 AM

why is the past relevant?

Posted Image

live.laugh.love

i am the law

#30 Bloodriot

Bloodriot
  • Members

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:47 AM

You're seriously asking why the past is relevant in the Israeli/Palestine conflict. My gosh we really have fallen from lofty heights of AJOT political discussion and into a debauched, murky world where history doesn't matter and a single line White House statement vindicates your position that the defence of a secular-democracy and ally from annihilationist forces is "blind". Although, my threads tend to run on this trajectory.
Posted Image

#31 Bloodriot

Bloodriot
  • Members

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:48 AM

http://www.nsfwcorp....tch/gaza-no-way
Posted Image

#32 Thedream

Thedream
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:59 AM

View PostBloodriot, on 20 November 2012 - 04:47 AM, said:

You're seriously asking why the past is relevant in the Israeli/Palestine conflict. My gosh we really have fallen from lofty heights of AJOT political discussion and into a debauched, murky world where history doesn't matter and a single line White House statement vindicates your position that the defence of a secular-democracy and ally from annihilationist forces is "blind". Although, my threads tend to run on this trajectory.
heh

I guess i was a bit vague but i meant that why should the past matter in the argument that the united states is blindly supporting israel, nothing to do with israel/palestine

also, its hard to imagine a country getting into as many religious conflicts as israel being completely secular

Posted Image

live.laugh.love

i am the law

#33 bareblar03

bareblar03
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/1/2/./.
  • RBG: 1954

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:16 AM

I don't understand Israel's place in this, they were effectively refugees to begin with in Palestine, they then began to expand and turned the state of Palestine into a militarized country divided sharply, filled with checkpoints and split between the Israelis and the Palestinians, Gaza and the likes were heavily disputed and those disputes fuel much of the conflict we see today.

I'm not condoning the actions of either side but I definitely don't support an oppressive society such as Israel.

"Keep the fire alive inside you." - Baron X.
Soundcloud.com/BaronX
Facebook.com/BaronXOfficial
YouTube.com/BaronXOfficial
Twitter.com/BaronXOfficial
Coming Soon: BaronXOfficial.com

Artist of ProseTM
Posted Image

#34 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:29 AM

View PostBloodriot, on 20 November 2012 - 03:09 AM, said:

Blindly defending? You must be joking. There is nothing blind about the defence of a secular democracy against annihilationist forces. And 23% of the world population, is that meant to be impressive? As I said, truth isn't found in consensus, especially not the consensus of explicitly anti-Semitic countries.
I don't imagine how anyone could call a Jewish state secular...
______________________________________________________________________________________  

Both parties have done their fair share of atrocities but you are fucking right I'd side with Israel in a second.  

Hamas is nothing but fundamentalist religious terrorists that are unwilling to communicate and negotiate with a very uneducated population:  Read very dangerous and spontaneous.
Israel is pretty much the same except they are willing to negotiate and they are educated.

I don't know why Palestine's arab brothers never seem to want to help them with anything other than annihilating the Jews.  You think Syria/Jordan would allow refuge for them..since you know, those countries all use to be one of the same territory.

I like this quote:  

The truth is that if Israel were to put down its arms there would be no more Israel. If the Arabs were to put down their arms there would be no more war

History is important and understanding that Israel is not situated in a place like Europe/NA is a huge deal and something to keep in mind when talking about how they deal with terrorism and the Palestinians.  I'm not saying what they have done is excusable but it is certainly understandable.

The US providing them protection is needed.  Either that or the US would have to turn face and tactically bomb the shit out of them.  Remember this is a nuclear armed state in a very unstable area.  If they (Israel) were invaded again and things looked  grim for them....I'd hate to think what would happen.
I'm always right.
Posted Image

#35 AndrewJackson

AndrewJackson
  • Members

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:40 AM

What countries not on my border do is not a concern of mine; and my country should not be present on either side.

#36 Breadstick

Breadstick
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Arena Tournament 1
  • Coliseum 1
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:41 AM

View PostAndrewJackson, on 20 November 2012 - 05:40 AM, said:

What countries not on my border do is not a concern of mine; and my country should not be present on either side.

unfortunately the united states is concerned with anything that happens anywhere in the world and is present almost everywhere
Posted Image

#37 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:52 AM

Good.  I think it is incredibly ignorant and irresponsible for the west not to interfere with international conflicts.  Call it evil or arrogant, but it is necessary.
I'm always right.
Posted Image

#38 AndrewJackson

AndrewJackson
  • Members

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:04 AM

View Poststcolbert, on 20 November 2012 - 05:52 AM, said:

Good.  I think it is incredibly ignorant and irresponsible for the west not to interfere with international conflicts.  Call it evil or arrogant, but it is necessary.
I'm far more concerned with my children that can not read and my people that starve than sending my young men to their deaths in a country they do not belong in.

#39 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:28 AM

I would be as well.  I think it is an unfair burden that the US carries but I still acknowledge it as necessary evil in a selfish way.
I'm always right.
Posted Image

#40 LowDeeps

LowDeeps
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:40 AM

Not to oversimplify a complicated issue, but...

If any country was launching 500+ missiles in to a city in the USA --I think it's pretty clear we'd respond by reinstating scorched earth policy.  I am not saying it's "right", but we wouldn't even blink.

Israel is well armed, and fully capable of resolving their issues militarily without the aid of it's allies.  I am not an advocate of war, but I am shocked at Israel's reluctance to wage it.
I am:
:priest: Lowdeeps on Magtheridon
:priest: Lowdeepz on Arthas
:warlock: Lowdeepz on Emerald Dream

View Postdusknoir_, on 07 April 2011 - 11:23 PM, said:

I FUCKING HATE TALBADAR SO MUCH.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<