Help

Finally - victory for Snutz, Venruki and Kollektiv

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#61 aviadian

aviadian
  • Members

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:06 PM

Havent seen anyone comment on the map pool//bans thing, I find it rly retarded that the losing team in GF is actually forced to "pick" a map that heavily favors their opponent. thats just a slap in the face...

#62 Owies

Owies
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Hydraxis
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Enhancement 2/0/1/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2361

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:22 PM

I don't see how people can hate

View Postphaurenlol, on 19 November 2012 - 03:06 PM, said:

Oh look they might finally lose their virginities!

People like you are most likely the biggest fat pasty nerds, I'm going to say most good WoW players actually have a life. You can still play wow as a hobby rather than letting it consume your life. Snutz has hardly played this xpac, Kollektiv has been busy with work and Venruki has been practicing every day for this tournament. On another note, warlocks are incredibly unbalanced, congrats to my homies but I think that you should have to practice to win a tournament, Team EG has practiced every single day for this tournament and I think they deserved to of either won or got second place. (GG comp) But Venruki has improved so much since the beginning of the xpac so grats to him. Keep mirin you nerds that are saying grats on winning the worst wow tournament. Please you won't ever even be placed top 10. They just made 105k for playing a game.
Posted Image

#63 Justblaze

Justblaze
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/1/1/1/1
  • RBG: 192

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:27 PM

ye you're probably a virgin yourself drooling on your keyboard, why are you even allowed to post on this site...

#64 edthelad

edthelad
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 0/1/0/1/0/.

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

Literally only virgins use this as an insult
Posted Image

#65 kjlol

kjlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Azjol-Nerub
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/0/0/0/2
  • RBG: 2267

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

View PostAshcraft, on 19 November 2012 - 01:39 AM, said:

Fel flame, fel flame, fel flame, fel flame, fel flame, fel flame, fel flame, fel flame, fel flame, fel flame, fel flame, fel flame, fel flame, fel flame, fel flame, fel flame, fel flame, fel flame, fel flame, fel flame, fel flame, fel flame, fel flame, fel flame, fel flame, fel flame, fel flame, fel flame, fel flame, fel flame, fel flame, OFMG POP CDS CHAOS WAVE AGRWBRAGHWARGAWADASGWAGHWAJKAWFAFNW

win

Skrillex's next big hit!

#66 Tsx

Tsx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arcane 1/2/0/2/2/2/.
  • 2v2: 2457
  • 3v3: 3078
  • 5v5: 2693
  • RBG: 2347

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:45 PM

View Postsaska¨¨1296682067, on 18 November 2012 - 02:05 PM, said:

zunniyaki is god healer
shams are god healers.

#67 Maajty

Maajty
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Combat 2/1/1/2/0/2
  • LocationSWE xD

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:40 PM

View Postinfectionx, on 18 November 2012 - 02:15 PM, said:

Well deserved, did they increase the prizepool? :o
Snutz knew it all along, he prolly lost the others on purpose to win the bigger prizepool this year! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Edited by Maajty, 19 November 2012 - 05:41 PM.

#68 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:40 PM

Quoting myself from the other thread:

Tournaments are mostly dominated by caster cleaves, there have been exceptions but they are relatively rare if you look at the overall performance. Caster cleaves are just way easier to play than any other comp (opinion backed up by Snutz and Reckful, we talked about this two 16 hours ago) and warlocks have close to never been really bad for tournaments. I don't think that a comp like Warrior/Hunter/Shaman would have been more effective against MLS than Warrior/Mage/Shaman.

#69 Namechangex

Namechangex
  • Members

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:09 PM

Have to say, deep down I enjoyed watching yet another turney lol
Please use an appropriate signature; thanks! Use only common abbreviations and acronyms, and then give their definition as soon after their first use as possible. Occasionally, however, an abbreviation or acronym may be so familiar to intended audiences that it may be used without a definition. In fact, some may be more familiar than the full name. http://www.arenajunk...-rules-2272014/

#70 Pride7

Pride7
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:31 PM

View PostEazymothafukne, on 19 November 2012 - 09:14 AM, said:

If they are trying to promote a game that is insanely broken at the moment then they are not gaining money. No one wants to play a game that is insanely broken and that is why im mostly on live to just play with friends and then im on AT where you don't die within a global thru cheat death without lining anything up or even just thru shield wall + die by the sword.  I can understand them trying to promote but they also had alot less viewers then they did last year and the year before on stream. They also had alot of problems with their stream such as random lag during games yas randomly stopping a game with no one explaining what happened and not being able to change their comp much. Really only reason snutz won blizzcon was due to MLS and it being the only GOOD comp there that could beat anything. 2nd place was a team that played TSG then mage war x... I turned the stream off as soon as I saw TSG where another got globald, watched the vods already knew snutz had it after that happened. Game is broken and complete shit atm I don't understand why they would promote shit like this where even in stream chats people are saying it's completely broken and then giving 1st place 100,000$ for facerolling. IMO they lost money.

First off, the game is not balanced.  I'm telling you that blizzard isn't looking at it as "promoting a broken game."  They are promoting their game, regardless of the nature, and you cannot tell me that that does not make sense.  You're essentially saying that not product should be advertised unless its perfect, or reasonably perfect.  You have seen COUNTLESS advertisements for sub par, or not even working products.  Example: Vitamin C.  The stupid vitamin was studied when it first came to popularity and it was found that it does nothing to help your immune system fight influenza symptoms and often has more do with your perception of how it will help your health (can't find the study, I wrote it down too long ago).  Why does this product sell on this basis, if it has not been scientifically proven to do do anything to help these symptoms, and in fact shown to be primarily based on psychological perception of it?  Because of the advertisements (like Airborne or w/e) and testimonies of people that praise it for helping your immune system fight influenza symptoms.  So maybe you don't like Blizzard for engaging a valid (read: not perfect) business model?  

Secondly the stream issues were not exclusive to world of warcraft.  The production was outsourced to a Chinese company as it was for WCS: asia finals, and the quality is sub par to that of other large tourneys (DH in particular, which held the WCS Eu finals, which was one of the best produced tourneys of the season).  So if you are bashing Blizzard for their stream quality, go for it, but its not just wow.  Blizzard knows about the issues and they are hosting the next global finals in the US/Eu as Mike Morhaime released yesterday.

Finally, are you the king of reddit?  "IMO they lost money."  What the hell does this even mean?  In your opinion they lost money?  Can you have an opinion on factual statements?  Neither of us know what financial gains blizzard got out of this.  Neither of us have seen blizzards financial summary and we probably never will, but that doesn't mean they didn't make any money out of this.  Exposure means a lot, especially in China, for world of warcraft.  Advertising and exposure doesn't directly net you money, but sales that occur because of advertisements do.  Holy shit.  I'm not even convinced you have any idea of what you thought you said.  Have fun!

#71 Justblaze

Justblaze
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/1/1/1/1

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:23 PM

View PostWildeHilde, on 19 November 2012 - 06:40 PM, said:

Tournaments are mostly dominated by caster cleaves, there have been exceptions but they are relatively rare if you look at the overall performance. Caster cleaves are just way easier to play than any other comp (opinion backed up by Snutz and Reckful, we talked about this two 16 hours ago) and warlocks have close to never been really bad for tournaments. I don't think that a comp like Warrior/Hunter/Shaman would have been more effective against MLS than Warrior/Mage/Shaman.
JUNGYUP PHD!

#72 infectionx

infectionx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/1/2/0/2/.

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:54 PM

View PostMaajty, on 19 November 2012 - 05:40 PM, said:

Snutz knew it all along, he prolly lost the others on purpose to win the bigger prizepool this year! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I bet he was laughing in an evil manner mocking the previews winners for getting less money, revenge is a bitch :P
Restoration shamans in season 11 According to
Felic:
And yeah they can survive for more than 30 seconds without casting. You have partners in 3v3 you know? SURPRISE

#73 Reirei

Reirei
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1952
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:01 PM

about time, cg!

i wish tourney wasn't such zerg fest tho :/
shut up pvp guy

#74 Ctuhlu

Ctuhlu
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:36 PM

Tournaments are mostly dominated by Lock/Shaman

Fixed that for ya. It just so happens that Lock+Shaman usually means the 3rd is also a caster. Actually Lock Shaman is so dominant that just about anything will fit in the 3rd slot. It's not that caster cleaves in general are dominant, it's that lock shaman is so easy to play that the caster cleaves ride to the top with a much easier time.

Also don't forget that TSG, Beastcleave, PHD, and DK/Ret/Priest also have had strong tournament success, including two world championships.

Fourreur said:

we have to switch to them making the decision to pop reck or not to pop reck

#75 Independancex

Independancex
  • Junkies
  • LocationQueens, NY

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:46 AM

Well, You can only get second place so many times... And cry once...
(one of many snutz 2nd place / crying jokes)

#76 phishy

phishy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Laughing Skull
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:38 AM

View Postsalamix, on 19 November 2012 - 03:02 PM, said:

its not really an assumption. as i mentioned a large majority of this community would fail to name 10 hunters/ferals/any shaman spec that isn't resto.
no one would struggle to name 10 rogues/priests/mages and this is a fact. its not as if these three classes are played more than any other class if you actuallly look at class representation, its purely because of the shit tons of RMPs that used to be about and the "famous" players that rolled the comp and did well. If everything people complained about in MOP was nerfed and blizzard listened to the whines of all the rogues by making shadowstep baseline and after they finally find a way to buff disc without buffing shadow it doesn't take a genius to work out which comp is going to be on top at mid way through 5.1.

I honestly don't think RMP vs a different comp (i.e. not mirror) took as much skill in previous seasons as people make it out to be. the mage/rogue globaling someone in a bomb when the game has barely begun is just depressing and stupid to watch. and if they survive that then the synergy provided by the sheer amount of cc  by all three classes has just been covered up because its apparently "fun" to watch. This WOTLK/cata nostalgia seems to have implanted a notion that things were balanced back then. Yet I could name a few specs that didn't even feature during those expansions because they were so poor.

RLS mirrors last season took more because the games were much longer but any mention of RLS on these forums seems to make people suicidal because it was mind numbingly boring.

it seems like you're assuming that we all want rmp back. the only thing rogues and disc priests want right now is to be viable. if they became viable and rmp became overused again, it'd be because they have great synergy obviously, which they have always had.

its obviously not skillful or entertaining to global someone in an rmp opener, just as watching two MLS teams trading insane offensive and defensive cds for 20min only to find a winner of who did the most dmg is not entertaining either.

the game has always had balance issues. always had classes that are just terrible. the only times that this game is as balanced as ever is when every class has at least one spec that they can play to a gladiator rating or higher. the wotlk/cata nostalgia doesnt want rmp to run everything. we just want games to matter in between blowing every cd

and you answered yourself about the whole "anyone can name 10 r/m/p" thing. to most people watching rmp or just those specific classes in general is more entertaining. videos, tourney's, whatever the case may be. being able to name more rmp's than TSG's or PHD's or WLD's doesnt mean the community wants to watch a tourney full of rmp mirrors

Edited by phishy, 20 November 2012 - 04:40 AM.

#77 Xandyn

Xandyn
  • Xandyn
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/1/2/2/.

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:14 PM

not really, there is no easier or harder comp to play when you play in a tournament level, because any mistake you make will be abused by the opposing enemy team (if they are good) to win.
caster cleaves generally are just more forgiving for mistakes. doesn't mean it's easier to play tho, you've got better chances to win if you play as good as the opposite team, but it won't be easier to play.

Edited by Xandyn, 20 November 2012 - 05:26 PM.

#78 Ownaggi

Ownaggi
  • Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Blackhand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2212

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:51 PM

wat? Warlocks good in Arena?? might pick my fork of truth...

#79 averagepriestz

averagepriestz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:11 PM

View PostXandyn, on 20 November 2012 - 05:14 PM, said:

not really, there is no easier or harder comp to play when you play in a tournament level, because any mistake you make will be abused by the opposing enemy team (if they are good) to win.
caster cleaves generally are just more forgiving for mistakes. doesn't mean it's easier to play tho, you've got better chances to win if you play as good as the opposite team, but it won't be easier to play.

Xandyn try to read your own post one more time. It is one big contradiction.

Edited by averagepriestz, 22 November 2012 - 07:12 PM.

#80 Xandyn

Xandyn
  • Xandyn
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/1/2/2/.

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:26 PM

View Postaveragepriestz, on 22 November 2012 - 07:11 PM, said:

Xandyn try to read your own post one more time. It is one big contradiction.
well you didn't really understand what I wrote then

caster cleaves have a higher chance to win (generally) when playing in a tournament. it's impossible or at least very hard to play in tournaments and not make any mistakes, therefore caster cleaves are more reliable in tournaments, and that only means one thing, that caster cleaves have a higher/steadier chance to win, because they are less susceptible to mistakes costing them a game.

that, however, DOES NOT mean they are easier to play. no certain comp is easier to play than any other comp, because it all comes down to the players behind the comp, and what I mean by this as a Mage:

I will play RMP and it's going to be just as 'hard' for me to perform as it would be playing a caster cleave, you still have to work as much in the game, still have to perform your best, however if you DON'T perform your best, you're less likely to loss, that does not mean it's easier to actually play the game because of the comp.

happy to clear that up for you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<