• Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/.
  • LocationDurotar

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:09 AM

View Postsalamix, on 18 November 2012 - 11:59 PM, said:

What is with the RMP "back in the day when skill existed" nonsense? For any other class that wasn't RMP for the last ~3 YEARS the game was beyond boring.  The whole wow community seems to cock suck the living shit out of RMP mirrors so that some random video on AJ can be posted with someone bragging over someone blinding someones vanish. This nostalgia is beyond stupidity and RMP mirror matches are not the only definition of skill in this game. But now suddenly RMP isn't the number one comp anymore  everything should be nerfed. Chaos wave etc etc are obviously OP but  the number of boners over RMP is equal to the number of other comps that took equal amounts of skill.

RMP isn't the be all and end all. there are 32 different specs. RMP just includes three of them.

Last blizzcon finals was phd vs mls. Still fun to watch. This is fun to you ? lazer show with pets everywhere while ppl get globaled out of swiftymacros ? feel sorry for you
----------------
Hàppypiè©

"
The future... seems to me no unified dream but a mince pie, long in the baking, never quite done."
E. Young

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#42 salamix

salamix
  • Members

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:34 AM

View Postpripripriest, on 19 November 2012 - 12:09 AM, said:

Last blizzcon finals was phd vs mls. Still fun to watch. This is fun to you ? lazer show with pets everywhere while ppl get globaled out of swiftymacros ? feel sorry for you

I didn't say this final was bad or good you just randomly jumped to that conclusion. Pretty sure I didn't even mention the final. my point wasn't about the final at all. its about the fact half the communitys thinks RMP mirrors are the definition of skill and that the comp has the god given right to be up there every season, and if it isn't people whip out their cocks / cigars and start talking about it like the mirror games were the definiton of skill and were exciting. Everyone seems to be able to name a good rogue or priest. 75% of this "community" would struggle to name 10 hunters that even played the game, let alone famous ones even tho there have been decent hunter comps or any other class for that matter.

#43 pripripriest

pripripriest
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/.
  • LocationDurotar

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:46 AM

rmp is not only funny thing to watch but mop arena is disgusting. most of teams were clownin around waitin for burst cds then BANG cy@
Worst part only healer partially able to handle that was resto shammy. other classes... lol
----------------
Hàppypiè©

"
The future... seems to me no unified dream but a mince pie, long in the baking, never quite done."
E. Young

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#44 Wetworks

Wetworks
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy
  • RBG: 768

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:35 AM

View Postpripripriest, on 19 November 2012 - 12:46 AM, said:

rmp is not only funny thing to watch but mop arena is disgusting. most of teams were clownin around waitin for burst cds then BANG cy@
Worst part only healer partially able to handle that was resto shammy. other classes... lol

Lol I don't understand what you expect from this game it's been a joke for a while...

The bit I watched it has changed player skill, doing everything youre suppose too, all that doesn't matter.
It was all about the comp and if you can counter the other team I didn't think Yas had a chance with the setups they were playing but whatever....

Edited by Wetworks, 19 November 2012 - 01:38 AM.

#45 Justblaze

Justblaze
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/1/1/1/1
  • RBG: 192

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:37 AM

View Postsalamix, on 18 November 2012 - 11:59 PM, said:

What is with the RMP "back in the day when skill existed" nonsense? For any other class that wasn't RMP for the last ~3 YEARS the game was beyond boring.  The whole wow community seems to cock suck the living shit out of RMP mirrors so that some random video on AJ can be posted with someone bragging over someone blinding someones vanish. This nostalgia is beyond stupidity and RMP mirror matches are not the only definition of skill in this game. But now suddenly RMP isn't the number one comp anymore  everything should be nerfed. Chaos wave etc etc are obviously OP but  the number of boners over RMP is equal to the number of other comps that took equal amounts of skill.

RMP isn't the be all and end all. there are 32 different specs. RMP just includes three of them.

RMP is the most entertaining to watch tbh, especially rmp mirrors , maybe that's just an opinion or even biased opinion since i'm a rogue, but i think many agree it's the most entertaining , more than mongo drool comps like tsg anyway..

#46 Ashcraft

Ashcraft
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/2/2/0/0

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:39 AM

Fel flame, fel flame, fel flame, fel flame, fel flame, fel flame, fel flame, fel flame, fel flame, fel flame, fel flame, fel flame, fel flame, fel flame, fel flame, fel flame, fel flame, fel flame, fel flame, fel flame, fel flame, fel flame, fel flame, fel flame, fel flame, fel flame, fel flame, fel flame, fel flame, fel flame, fel flame, OFMG POP CDS CHAOS WAVE AGRWBRAGHWARGAWADASGWAGHWAJKAWFAFNW

win

#47 phishy

phishy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Laughing Skull
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:45 AM

View Postsalamix, on 19 November 2012 - 12:34 AM, said:

I didn't say this final was bad or good you just randomly jumped to that conclusion. Pretty sure I didn't even mention the final. my point wasn't about the final at all. its about the fact half the communitys thinks RMP mirrors are the definition of skill and that the comp has the god given right to be up there every season, and if it isn't people whip out their cocks / cigars and start talking about it like the mirror games were the definiton of skill and were exciting. Everyone seems to be able to name a good rogue or priest. 75% of this "community" would struggle to name 10 hunters that even played the game, let alone famous ones even tho there have been decent hunter comps or any other class for that matter.

i think you're the one jumping to conclusions, or assumptions in this case, about how this community feels about RMP. i don't think we all want RMP as the be all end all. maybe you're mixing up people's desire to have old arena back with their desire for RMP back. i think we all would rather have the style of arena of wotlk or cata over MoP, regardless of which class is ontop. balance aside, the game is too reliant on cooldowns right now which is terrible for arena. I don't think anyone wants cooldowns to be as strong as they are right now

#48 ROKMODE

ROKMODE

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:54 AM

There are too many defensive cooldowns as well. The game has become less strict about positioning over the years and more reliant upon cooldown conservation. To make matters worse, sometimes you don't even need smart cooldown conservation since there are ever more cooldowns on deck for later use.
Expect bias in posts because
Wotlk is the best thing since sliced bread

#49 Sweatyfingrs

Sweatyfingrs

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:03 AM

They should have trolled Snutz and just handed him the second place check

All jokes aside, well deserved win bringing it home for the USA
Posted Image

#50 Pride7

Pride7
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:06 AM

View PostEazymothafukne, on 18 November 2012 - 07:57 PM, said:

So they are promoting an unbalanced game? You just agreed with my post before. GJ

I forgot to add priest healer in earlier, my apologies.  

My point was that it was about not about promoting a balanced game or not, its about promoting a game, in general, as a marketing strategy to gain more exposure and in turn more money.  Blizzard didn't sit down and say "lets promote the balanced World of Wacraft 3v3 arena," no matter what you say, it just was never the case.  If you want wow to be promoted as an esport, and you in turn care about them broadcasting a balanced game, you're asking the wrong company/the wrong game.

Your argument seems to be: well if blizz can't have a balanced pvp game then I don't want to watch.  Which is great because you don't have to watch, let alone blizzard doesn't give 3 shits about your viewership, as you clearly haven't noticed over the years!  You simply weren't the targeted audience, nor the reason they made the effort.  If you don't believe me, go look at the changes from Blizzcon 2011 to BWC 2012 for starcraft.  THAT is what Blizzard looks like when they care.  You'll see better maps, a better format, more world representation, more prize money, a bigger pool of participants, outsourced production to places like MLG and DH, DH being the best esport producers in the world, hands down, bar none.  You'll see sick games because of the money on the line and the totality of the players.  WCS Korea was essentially a GSL itself, with so many amazing games and talented players.  The fact is, blizzard's outlook on wow is not the same- they are not trying to make wow an esport, and you have to realize it, otherwise you're going to be flaming blizzard for no reason until you decide to quit the damn game like so many before you.

You don't see why the increased the prize pool and I just explained it to you.  I agree, they should work more to balance the game, but the truth is, whether you care or not, blizzard did not have the BWC to show case their perfectly balanced MMO wow arena gameplay.  They put some money in it to bring in exposure as WoW is blizzards money machine.

tl;dr- Blizzard isn't promoting a balanced game, and they didn't intend to do so.  Use braincells, OR follow Starcraft, because its a fun game to watch.  And blizzard cares about it.  A lot. xD

#51 Twocat

Twocat
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:09 AM

View PostEazymothafukne, on 18 November 2012 - 07:57 PM, said:

So they are promoting an unbalanced game? You just agreed with my post before. GJ
This game was ever balanced?
I really liked the games where the beastcleave ran in and globaled the mage, those games were really good.
Posted Image

#52 infectionx

infectionx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/1/2/0/2/.

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:15 AM

View PostTwocat, on 19 November 2012 - 02:09 AM, said:

This game was ever balanced?
I really liked the games where the beastcleave ran in and globaled the mage, those games were really good.
One of the many reasons bloodlust got removed from arena (dem 0.8 cyclones), although that was in s7 where the game was in a rather good state.
In the end noone wants an ultimate balance where everything is perfect, we just want to be able to put a fight and be able to win ragardless of x vs y setup or classes.This seriously should not be so hard to do, but i really dont know why they have managed to do such a terrible job this time around.
Restoration shamans in season 11 According to
Felic:
And yeah they can survive for more than 30 seconds without casting. You have partners in 3v3 you know? SURPRISE

#53 Thricton

Thricton
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arcane 0/2/1/1/1/.
  • LocationON, Canada

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:33 AM

View PostSweatyfingrs, on 19 November 2012 - 02:03 AM, said:

All jokes aside, well deserved win bringing it home for the USA

2/3 of them are Canadian though..

Didn't really watch the tournament at all because MOP is the worst but glad to see those guys win.

#54 Justblaze

Justblaze
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/1/1/1/1

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:57 AM

View PostThricton, on 19 November 2012 - 03:33 AM, said:

2/3 of them are Canadian though..

Didn't really watch the tournament at all because MOP is the worst but glad to see those guys win.
He meant North America :D!

#55 ROKMODE

ROKMODE

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:11 AM

Canada=US #2
Expect bias in posts because
Wotlk is the best thing since sliced bread

#56 Twocat

Twocat
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:13 AM

I love my hat.
Posted Image

#57 Eazymothafukne

Eazymothafukne
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Balance 1/2/2/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 1988
  • 3v3: 2604
  • 5v5: 1152
  • RBG: 957

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:14 AM

View PostPride7, on 19 November 2012 - 02:06 AM, said:

I forgot to add priest healer in earlier, my apologies.  

My point was that it was about not about promoting a balanced game or not, its about promoting a game, in general, as a marketing strategy to gain more exposure and in turn more money.  Blizzard didn't sit down and say "lets promote the balanced World of Wacraft 3v3 arena," no matter what you say, it just was never the case.  If you want wow to be promoted as an esport, and you in turn care about them broadcasting a balanced game, you're asking the wrong company/the wrong game.

Your argument seems to be: well if blizz can't have a balanced pvp game then I don't want to watch.  Which is great because you don't have to watch, let alone blizzard doesn't give 3 shits about your viewership, as you clearly haven't noticed over the years!  You simply weren't the targeted audience, nor the reason they made the effort.  If you don't believe me, go look at the changes from Blizzcon 2011 to BWC 2012 for starcraft.  THAT is what Blizzard looks like when they care.  You'll see better maps, a better format, more world representation, more prize money, a bigger pool of participants, outsourced production to places like MLG and DH, DH being the best esport producers in the world, hands down, bar none.  You'll see sick games because of the money on the line and the totality of the players.  WCS Korea was essentially a GSL itself, with so many amazing games and talented players.  The fact is, blizzard's outlook on wow is not the same- they are not trying to make wow an esport, and you have to realize it, otherwise you're going to be flaming blizzard for no reason until you decide to quit the damn game like so many before you.

You don't see why the increased the prize pool and I just explained it to you.  I agree, they should work more to balance the game, but the truth is, whether you care or not, blizzard did not have the BWC to show case their perfectly balanced MMO wow arena gameplay.  They put some money in it to bring in exposure as WoW is blizzards money machine.

tl;dr- Blizzard isn't promoting a balanced game, and they didn't intend to do so.  Use braincells, OR follow Starcraft, because its a fun game to watch.  And blizzard cares about it.  A lot. xD
If they are trying to promote a game that is insanely broken at the moment then they are not gaining money. No one wants to play a game that is insanely broken and that is why im mostly on live to just play with friends and then im on AT where you don't die within a global thru cheat death without lining anything up or even just thru shield wall + die by the sword.  I can understand them trying to promote but they also had alot less viewers then they did last year and the year before on stream. They also had alot of problems with their stream such as random lag during games yas randomly stopping a game with no one explaining what happened and not being able to change their comp much. Really only reason snutz won blizzcon was due to MLS and it being the only GOOD comp there that could beat anything. 2nd place was a team that played TSG then mage war x... I turned the stream off as soon as I saw TSG where another got globald, watched the vods already knew snutz had it after that happened. Game is broken and complete shit atm I don't understand why they would promote shit like this where even in stream chats people are saying it's completely broken and then giving 1st place 100,000$ for facerolling. IMO they lost money.
http://i.imgur.com/L60huZm.png
150k Shield slam avatar crit. ^

Real gamers unite

#58 Wetworks

Wetworks
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy
  • RBG: 768

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:40 PM

^ pretty much, it's sad but before the finals even started Yas was the underdogs just by the setups alone. I'm not sure how MLS is played in MOP, but I know in the past a MLS that had half a brain of what they needed to do will never lose to a TSG or WMS. Nothing against the guys that won since I know a few personal, but this was another of many tourneys thats a joke.

#59 Sska

Sska
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/2/2
  • RBG: 2464

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:37 PM

Congratulations, was watching from the start until the very end! :duckers:
Was also proud to see European team performance there, good job guys!

View PostBigmoran, on 18 November 2012 - 07:56 PM, said:

Adouken won in my heart.
This <3
Any one else felt his pain on trying to cast chaos bolts? :(

#60 salamix

salamix
  • Members

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:02 PM

View Postphishy, on 19 November 2012 - 01:45 AM, said:

i think you're the one jumping to conclusions, or assumptions in this case, about how this community feels about RMP. i don't think we all want RMP as the be all end all. maybe you're mixing up people's desire to have old arena back with their desire for RMP back. i think we all would rather have the style of arena of wotlk or cata over MoP, regardless of which class is ontop. balance aside, the game is too reliant on cooldowns right now which is terrible for arena. I don't think anyone wants cooldowns to be as strong as they are right now

its not really an assumption. as i mentioned a large majority of this community would fail to name 10 hunters/ferals/any shaman spec that isn't resto.
no one would struggle to name 10 rogues/priests/mages and this is a fact. its not as if these three classes are played more than any other class if you actuallly look at class representation, its purely because of the shit tons of RMPs that used to be about and the "famous" players that rolled the comp and did well. If everything people complained about in MOP was nerfed and blizzard listened to the whines of all the rogues by making shadowstep baseline and after they finally find a way to buff disc without buffing shadow it doesn't take a genius to work out which comp is going to be on top at mid way through 5.1.

I honestly don't think RMP vs a different comp (i.e. not mirror) took as much skill in previous seasons as people make it out to be. the mage/rogue globaling someone in a bomb when the game has barely begun is just depressing and stupid to watch. and if they survive that then the synergy provided by the sheer amount of cc  by all three classes has just been covered up because its apparently "fun" to watch. This WOTLK/cata nostalgia seems to have implanted a notion that things were balanced back then. Yet I could name a few specs that didn't even feature during those expansions because they were so poor.

RLS mirrors last season took more because the games were much longer but any mention of RLS on these forums seems to make people suicidal because it was mind numbingly boring.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

<