• Shadowburn
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1481
  • 3v3: 1617
  • RBG: 1727

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:45 AM

Hey,

Edit: Our warrior is still rocking 463 heroic weapon :P

A little about my 3s team, I'm a s10 glad lock from RLS pre cunning/legendary daggers (sat 2608 rating cuz I just refused to pve lolz). My warrior got to 2200-2300 last season and my sham got up to 2600 in s6 and 2400 in s9.

Alright so We're playing WLS (I'm demo) and we pretty much obliterate most teams our last team last week went 34-6 to 2100 team rating (we like selling high teams for gold since we pretty much all went crazy buying mounts). All of the sudden this week while making a new team we started facing TreeSG and TSG and this scenario always happens...

They go for our Shaman

We go for DK hard wait for AMS and then I DSoul and my warrior avatars, our Sham dies and 2 sec later DK dies ( i use my peels when their warrior avatars aka axe toss if on dal map or blades edge i try to ask my sham to go near a ledge so i can push off the dps).

Afterwards I have nothing and warrior hpal kill me and the warrior. I really thought going so offensively hard would make them switch to being more defensive because we actually do land a kill in the 6 times we faced them in a row (literally we killed the dk every time 2 secs after our shaman died and he always died 1 minute after they connected on him).

I'm doing everything possible and our warrior does everything he can but with lich ams and zerk rage; it's hard.

If it's anything noteworthy to add our shaman's mana always drops faster than the other team's shaman and I was looking at our comp's through nadagastt's eyes and Cdew keeps his mana high up there even against TSG and TreeSG he doesn't seem like he's stressing and never dies within 1 min that the other team connected on him and Nada doesn't even axe toss peel that often...

Sorry for all this description and a lot of useless text, I just really want to know other shaman's opinion on what we or my sham are doing wrong.

Edited by Obzy, 18 November 2012 - 11:52 AM.

#2 Seyck

Seyck
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 2/2/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 192

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:14 PM

as a shammy this is what i would say:
im not a big fan of natures guardian, on a swap on me with a warrior with x stacks and avatar ready, probably trinkets aswell, i would go astral shift, mainly becouse of avatar.
also i like windwalk totem better becouse of mages and stuff but that's beside the point.
when i meet a TSG comp it feels more like a race against time, my cds will end at some point, and on a switch without cds i am powerless.
burn cds like theres no tomorrow. stun them both. disarm warrior in avatar and pray to god.
there are 2 reasons why your shammy drops faster on mana, 1)other shammy has DMF trinket. or 2) yours forgets watershield when hardcasting and not pressured.

hope this helps anything.

Edited by Seyck, 18 November 2012 - 12:15 PM.

#3 Obzy

Obzy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1481
  • 3v3: 1617
  • RBG: 1727

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:52 PM

Pressuring faster and more effectively than them is possibility once my war gets his T1 tuesday!

As for astral; my sham is die hard nature's guardian doubt he'll listen since most R1's use Nature's I'll give him a shout about it mb he'll listen.

And for the sham running oom, ionno if watershield while not pressured means the difference between running oom within 1 min or being more than 3/4 full.

#4 Evolute

Evolute
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:15 PM

water shield makes a difference.

he's probably spam healing really inefficiently and overhealing because he's scared

reminder that sometimes it's not your healer fucking up, it's your dps sucking ass and not being able to properly time cooldowns to force them to go defensive or die, or simply not having as much gear so theyre going to beat down a target faster

Posted Image

#5 sikemu

sikemu
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Frostwolf
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:22 PM

the only thing you can do as a shaman is attempt to pull the melee out of los to create extra pressure. Outside of that, you have to rely completely on your teammates to either peel with stuns snares and disarms, or through pure damage.

#6 Kerzen

Kerzen
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 0/0/2/0/2/.

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:45 PM

not sure if you know but cunning nor legendaries were in the game in s10, shady man, shady

#7 pyrellael_3428244

pyrellael_3428244
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Kirin Tor
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Elemental 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1937
  • 3v3: 2319

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:39 PM

Cast a gate way on pretty much any map (not sure how effective dalaran would be) Demonic gateway is your best friend it literally carries you to victory because if your shaman dies in the 15 second window it takes to gateway across the map you guys aren't peeling enough or at all.

But actually seems impossible to kill a good wls (or any lock team) as any melee cleave with that gateway down in a good spot.

Just have your shaman use the gateway when he's introuble and don't earthsheild yourself as the shaman, its just dispelled in a second by most teams (including tsg w/ icy touch glyph) Water sheild keeps your mana up cause you're surging so much and also ES doesn't heal for as much either =\

tl;dr Gateway is your friend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<