• Curse Sites
Help

Demo - Supremacy vs Service (WoW Tournament)

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 EpiTeK

EpiTeK
  • Junkies
  • Unknown Raceclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Elemental 1/1/2/2/1/2
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationQuebec, Canada

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:18 PM

So I was watching Battle net WoW Tournament yesterday and all demo locks were using supremacy as demo, any reason behind this? I thought service extra burst combine with dark soul was better than supremacy substain damage.
I are french!

#2 Charmerx

Charmerx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/2/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2214

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

Well with pet you can get the shield talent, and the pet also gives you demoic power when it hits something, and it does actually good dmg imo.

#3 saffie

saffie
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2112

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:51 PM

I dont think anyone was using service, most warlocks use supremacy and I saw 1 warlock use sacrifise.

#4 Siolith1993

Siolith1993
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/2/1/0/2

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:57 PM

supremacy gives 25% MS effect from improved felguard, maybe thats why?

#5 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:04 PM

Yeah its most likely because of MS provided by pet. If you play with a warrior though, you just go Service or Sacrifice (just use it together with Dark Soul and make sure you resummon before the instant resummon buff expires).
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#6 Nadagast

Nadagast
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/2/0/1
  • RBG: 2365

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:29 PM

View PostThaya, on 17 November 2012 - 08:04 PM, said:

Yeah its most likely because of MS provided by pet. If you play with a warrior though, you just go Service or Sacrifice (just use it together with Dark Soul and make sure you resummon before the instant resummon buff expires).

Yep, pretty much this.  25% ms is something really nice to bring to a lot of comps that previously couldn't have it.  I even still go Supremacy sometimes when playing with a Warrior, the extra defense provided by the larger shield and the split opportunities provided by two 25% ms are really nice.

#7 zajklon

zajklon
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Bronzebeard
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Destruction 1/0/1/2/2/1

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:52 AM

its been since burning crusade that i have played demo and am kinda clueless to what im doing atm for doing the highest possible dps..

this is what im doing now :
pop cds ( ds+ trinket)  ,cast service , cast imp swarm, and  build fury with fel flame, gul dan ;corruption and soulfire procs till i have enough to go meta form.

in meta form i activate my aura , cast doom and burst with  with touch of chaos and chaos wave ? and never touch soulfire or fel flame becuse of the shit damage  per demonic fury they do.

is that the right way ? or should i keep my cooldowns (swarm/2nd pet and trinkets)  till demon form? no idea if pet damage gets the 50% damage boost from demon form..

and another question, can you keep up elements on someone and at the same time have the enfeeblement aura? or do they override each other?

#8 Kewpa

Kewpa
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmane
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Demonology 0/2/2/2/0/2

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:01 PM

imimmolation aura is complete shit
don't pop your cds while your building demonic fury pop when you are going into form
use doom chaos wave and then spam touch of chaos with the rest of your demonic power

Edited by Kewpa, 18 November 2012 - 12:01 PM.

#9 Domesauce

Domesauce
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2098

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:22 PM

View Postzajklon, on 18 November 2012 - 11:52 AM, said:

its been since burning crusade that i have played demo and am kinda clueless to what im doing atm for doing the highest possible dps..

this is what im doing now :
pop cds ( ds+ trinket)  ,cast service , cast imp swarm, and  build fury with fel flame, gul dan ;corruption and soulfire procs till i have enough to go meta form.

in meta form i activate my aura , cast doom and burst with  with touch of chaos and chaos wave ? and never touch soulfire or fel flame becuse of the shit damage  per demonic fury they do.

is that the right way ? or should i keep my cooldowns (swarm/2nd pet and trinkets)  till demon form? no idea if pet damage gets the 50% damage boost from demon form..

and another question, can you keep up elements on someone and at the same time have the enfeeblement aura? or do they override each other?

meta, put up aura (enfeeblement), doom (optional), touch of chaos (optional), shift out, build fury. For fury use imps, corruption+elements, fel flame, hand of guldan, soul fire, and hellfire if lots of targets (images, imps, pets, etc). When you burst- meta, CDs (optional), chaos wavex2, touch of chaos spam.

Pretty sure that's the entire spec glhf

Edited by Domesauce, 18 November 2012 - 12:27 PM.

#10 lazeyx

lazeyx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Demonology 2/2/0/1/1/2

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:44 PM

keep up aura of enfeeblement all game not only when you shift for burst... its not that expensive
dont forget to put carrion swarm on your bars, it provides nice utility
do NOT use grimoire of service, its garbage, go spremacy for 25% MS or even sacrifice for more burst (only sac when youre about to pop demon form)
oh and never use darksoul with less then ~50% fury if youre not 100% sure it will get you a kill

use imps either to generate fury or for more burst, id say its up to you

Edited by lazeyx, 18 November 2012 - 01:54 PM.

#11 zajklon

zajklon
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Bronzebeard
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Destruction 1/0/1/2/2/1

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:10 PM

u sure service is crap? heard alot of top warlocks recommend it in other threads

Edited by zajklon, 18 November 2012 - 02:11 PM.

#12 lazeyx

lazeyx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Demonology 2/2/0/1/1/2

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

just my opinion... it makes you even more CD reliant + the pets getting cc'd everytime and the extra stun every 2 minutes is not worth the talent imo, also to me it feels like sacrifice provides more extra burst than service and its more comfortable to use to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<