Skill > Comp (general tips & commentary)

Skill matters

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

• Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy 2/0/2/0/0/2
  • RBG: 1866

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:52 PM

Hey guys, Hallowed here! Today I have something really cool to show you!

I noticed lots of players complaining about poor balance on the WoW-forums, and I decided to make a nice little video to show that it's still possible to get decent ratings even if your own class isn't too good at the moment!

Without further ado, hop right in, turn up the volume, and don't forget to watch in HD!

Posted Image

#2 Afrozombie

Afrozombie
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/1/0/2
  • RBG: 2021
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:13 PM

There's a lot of reasons why people don't play their rogues, monks, or priests, but a lot of the time it comes down to a L2P issue. Watching the warrior forums on the WoW main site proves a lot of the problems with the community, mainly the vocal minority that thinks they're being screwed over.
I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion.
~Alexander the Great

• Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:41 PM

View PostAfrozombie, on 16 November 2012 - 03:13 PM, said:

There's a lot of reasons why people don't play their rogues, monks, or priests, but a lot of the time it comes down to a L2P issue. Watching the warrior forums on the WoW main site proves a lot of the problems with the community, mainly the vocal minority that thinks they're being screwed over.

While I do think the classes I mentioned in the video are terrible compared to their respective counterparts, I don't think it's as bad as most people claim it to be. You can still win by outplaying your opponents, you just need to work harder for it now. I, for one, welcome this period of being underpowered, as it'll only help me become an even better player once balancing kicks in.
Posted Image

#4 Afrozombie

Afrozombie
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:40 PM

I felt the same way doing 3s in S11. As a warrior you were mostly defensive for the majority of games you played, and I ended up becoming a pro at kiting even as a warrior. And I agree with your idea; when the rest of the classes balance, either through nerfs or other changes, the ones that stayed consistent will know their class better than anyone else, while the others won't have any idea how to beat a comp they've never played.

But its still sad when a class plays itself. And when a good player gets behind the wheel of an already unbalanced class, it really defeats the point of trying to play a game where so much is wrong and nothing is done to fix it. The warrior nerfs are heavily warranted, but it shouldn't be taken to the extent of gutting the class either, kind of like what happened to rogues.
I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion.
~Alexander the Great

#5 Reirei

Reirei
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1952
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:45 PM

The problem is that eventually you will hit the wall where you face good players riding fotms and they will just take a dump on you.

My personal complain still stands, it is not that i can't kill, it is not that i die fast it is the fact that i simply can't find any half decent arena team for my rogue. The current one i run is for shit and giggles not to mention sp on our team didn't even use/talented/glyphed mind spike untill i told him to. He played his priests for long time, i played my sp for 3 weeks tops. Sad times.
shut up pvp guy

#6 Afrozombie

Afrozombie
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:51 PM

View PostReirei, on 16 November 2012 - 04:45 PM, said:

The problem is that eventually you will hit the wall where you face good players riding fotms and they will just take a dump on you.

My personal complain still stands, it is not that i can't kill, it is not that i die fast it is the fact that i simply can't find any half decent arena team for my rogue. The current one i run is for shit and giggles not to mention sp on our team didn't even use/talented/glyphed mind spike untill i told him to. He played his priests for long time, i played my sp for 3 weeks tops. Sad times.
This basically sums up almost every issue with 2200+ skilled players who sit at 1800 rating because they cannot find decent partners to push it all the way. I spend a lot of my time riding with my friends trying to get them into a position where they feel confident in their skill, but I never focus enough on pushing my own rating. I got lucky earlier this season and managed to pull out a legit 2200 in RBGs against several rank 1s (thank you temple queue 13 games in a row) but lost it trying to keep my point cap and helping guildies gain rating with my substantially higher MMR.

I don't know how Blizzard will remove this wall, and I don't think they will ever care to, but I will always be regarded as one of the best warriors my friends know and what people say my rating is compared to what my actual rating is can mean a lot.
~Alexander the Great

• Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:34 PM

View PostAfrozombie, on 16 November 2012 - 04:51 PM, said:

This basically sums up almost every issue with 2200+ skilled players who sit at 1800 rating because they cannot find decent partners to push it all the way. I spend a lot of my time riding with my friends trying to get them into a position where they feel confident in their skill, but I never focus enough on pushing my own rating. I got lucky earlier this season and managed to pull out a legit 2200 in RBGs against several rank 1s (thank you temple queue 13 games in a row) but lost it trying to keep my point cap and helping guildies gain rating with my substantially higher MMR.

I don't know how Blizzard will remove this wall, and I don't think they will ever care to, but I will always be regarded as one of the best warriors my friends know and what people say my rating is compared to what my actual rating is can mean a lot.

The only times I got 2.2 was when I had teammates that didn't mind spending time to improve. I've tried so many players in MoP but none compare to the friends I played with. (who all quit because of MoP, mind you). Hence my highest rating in MoP is 1.9k, because people want that instant 2.2k, without having to work for it.

Blizzard has nothing to do with that though, they don't control player behaviour.
Posted Image

#8 Reirei

Reirei
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1952
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:18 AM

View Postnoobie25, on 16 November 2012 - 08:34 PM, said:

The only times I got 2.2 was when I had teammates that didn't mind spending time to improve. I've tried so many players in MoP but none compare to the friends I played with. (who all quit because of MoP, mind you). Hence my highest rating in MoP is 1.9k, because people want that instant 2.2k, without having to work for it.

Blizzard has nothing to do with that though, they don't control player behaviour.

actually they do, all my friends quit because pvp in mop sucks so bad (and guess who made mop?) so i have to run with randoms and having exact same issues with impatience etc.
shut up pvp guy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<