Shawir
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Arms
  • RBG: 2477

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

they can't even balance 3 races in sc2, how could they manage to correctly balance 11 classes with a million specs

Posted Image

#22 tonnylol

tonnylol
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Retribution 1/2/0/2/2/0
  • LocationNorway

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:58 PM

View PostSmir, on 15 November 2012 - 01:10 PM, said:

but guys, if you go to a restaurant and want special "offers" do you go to the cook and insult him first?

If he's made shit food for 3 years straight and I had no other place to eat, I would probably insult him indeed.
Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one. - Bruce Lee

#23 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 2273
  • 3v3: 2634
  • 5v5: 2359
  • RBG: 2126

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:30 PM

View Postidevpro, on 15 November 2012 - 01:30 PM, said:

pvp players are less than 5% of wow players.

This isn't true, stop saying it.

#24 Kraftyy

Kraftyy
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Shadowmoon
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1506

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

View PostSmir, on 15 November 2012 - 01:10 PM, said:

but guys, if you go to a restaurant and want special "offers" do you go to the cook and insult him first?

If you paid $25 for a beef filet and there's a turd in your mashed potatoes, what do you do?!

Edited by Kraftyy, 15 November 2012 - 07:13 PM.

Sometimes I sometimes when I sometimes, but not all the time.

#25 Aristoi

Aristoi
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Azralon
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/2/2/0
  • RBG: 576

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:08 PM

View PostSmir, on 15 November 2012 - 01:24 PM, said:

what most people call pve nowadays is brainfucked nuking and on a bit higher level the coping of a bossfight fromt he good guilds :)
so true

#26 myboomstick

myboomstick
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Daggerspine
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:00 PM

View PostKraftyy, on 15 November 2012 - 05:44 PM, said:

If you paid $25 for a beef filet and there's a turd in your mashed potatoes, what do you do?!

Man up and eat it

#27 idevpro

idevpro
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/0/0/1/1
  • RBG: 2161

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:08 PM

No one said wow will be/should be perfect, but it doesn't have to be complete shit when we talk about arena/classes balance, if u made the game fine in a season, that doesn't mean it can not be changed cus its fine and any change will make it bad, you can keep changing and renewing each class/spec and still make the game overall fine, not super perfect but fine.. But yea, why would blizzard care when they have been gaining money since they release this game.. unless the employees there actually want to do their jobs and make the game at its best all time. sadly its a more of business than anything else.
Posted Image

#28 scottsteiner

scottsteiner
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Elemental 2/1/0/2/1/2
  • RBG: 192

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:18 PM

WOW is so much more balanced then EVERY OTHER MMO out there. Balancing 11 classes between pvp and pve is impossible. They do make a good effot IMO.

#29 Qlol

Qlol
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Restoration 0/0/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2043

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:07 AM

So many overly critical posts in this and every other thread discussing changes.  I love wow but of all the other games that I've played, Wow has, bar none, the worst community I've ever been a part of.  Other games have whiners but overall the community is positive but when you come over to the wow community everyone just bashes each other and more specifically Blizzard.  I've yet to figure it out but it's almost been the reason for a few of my hiatuses.

You can never expect Blizzard to take you seriously if you just bash them with the entirety of your post.  Yes, changes need to happen.  Yes, AJ has great ideas.  But most AJ posters bash Blizzard and then end their post with, "Shit game, cy@."  You can't expect to get anything accomplished with this attitude.  It hasn't worked yet so why don't we try a different approach!  Commend Blizzard for what they are doing correctly and then kindly and politely suggest changes you think would help the game.  

Also, as already said, PvE is a part of the game.  Consider ideas that would help arena and consider the PvE ramifications.  Are they too great?  If yes, consider an alternative.

#30 Danücsmlan

Danücsmlan
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/0/1/1/1
  • RBG: 1332

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:13 AM

I dont get the point... blizzard does such a good job the past years for pve and pvp.

I play warrior and everything seems fine to me.

#31 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 2273
  • 3v3: 2634
  • 5v5: 2359
  • RBG: 2126

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:44 AM

View Postscottsteiner, on 15 November 2012 - 11:18 PM, said:

WOW is so much more balanced then EVERY OTHER MMO out there. Balancing 11 classes between pvp and pve is impossible. They do make a good effot IMO.

GW2 Is more balanced than WoW UPON release. It just lacked arenas and teams/rating. It can be done, Blizzard just isn't trying - or the people they have hired are inept that their job.

#32 Speedymart

Speedymart
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/2/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 2013
  • 3v3: 2710
  • 5v5: 1437
  • RBG: 2227

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:47 AM

View PostDanücsmlan, on 16 November 2012 - 03:13 AM, said:

I dont get the point... blizzard does such a good job the past years for pve and pvp.

:duckers:
Posted Image

#33 Nisslol

Nisslol
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 2002
  • 3v3: 2636
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:50 AM

View PostQlol, on 16 November 2012 - 03:07 AM, said:

So many overly critical posts in this and every other thread discussing changes.  I love wow but of all the other games that I've played, Wow has, bar none, the worst community I've ever been a part of.  Other games have whiners but overall the community is positive but when you come over to the wow community everyone just bashes each other and more specifically Blizzard.  I've yet to figure it out but it's almost been the reason for a few of my hiatuses.

You can never expect Blizzard to take you seriously if you just bash them with the entirety of your post.  Yes, changes need to happen.  Yes, AJ has great ideas.  But most AJ posters bash Blizzard and then end their post with, "Shit game, cy@."  You can't expect to get anything accomplished with this attitude.  It hasn't worked yet so why don't we try a different approach!  Commend Blizzard for what they are doing correctly and then kindly and politely suggest changes you think would help the game.  

Also, as already said, PvE is a part of the game.  Consider ideas that would help arena and consider the PvE ramifications.  Are they too great?  If yes, consider an alternative.

someone never played league of legends

Popped a molly, I'm sweating.

View PostRizzo, on 07 April 2011 - 04:00 AM, said:

World of Cantcastunlessitsinstantcraft:  CCataclysm

View PostAyrasaurus, on 18 May 2013 - 04:23 PM, said:

im an idiot

#34 idevpro

idevpro
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:38 AM

View PostDanücsmlan, on 16 November 2012 - 03:13 AM, said:

:D

View PostQlol, on 16 November 2012 - 03:07 AM, said:

When you've been promised and waiting for years that the game will be fixed, and pvp will be fine, and you see it actually goes worse, than you have nothing to do but this, after having done many threads on battle.net forums giving ideas discussing why class x is god and class y is shit. etc

Dota is more balanced btw, any dota game has 100+ heroes. Dont tell me wow is hard to balance because actually it is not if you have a very little amount of intelligence.
Posted Image

#35 ApplejackxD

ApplejackxD
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Discipline
  • RBG: 2371

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:42 AM

Here's the thing, if you want a balanced e-sport game then WoW is not what you should be playing, sorry you wasted your youth.
Posted Image

#36 ApplejackxD

ApplejackxD
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • RBG: 2371

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:44 AM

View PostRegent, on 15 November 2012 - 04:30 PM, said:

This isn't true, stop saying it.

It is true... It's basically 5% if the playerbase who only play PvP and no PvE at all. People who quit because the PvP is bad. I for one don't give a damn about classbalance and you shouldn't unless you are like some people on this forum and play it on a tournament level with cash prices involved.

I'm just so sick of all the whiners out there, even with bad balance you can still play and a have a good time and what the heck is so bad about re-rolling for one season if you feel you absolutely can't play your own class?
Posted Image

#37 idevpro

idevpro
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:49 AM

View PostApplejackxD, on 16 November 2012 - 08:44 AM, said:

what the heck is so bad about re-rolling for one season if you feel you absolutely can't play your own class?

Good logic there
Posted Image

#38 idevpro

idevpro
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:23 AM

Swifty macro dominating blizzcon, gg demo locks/warriors.. just makes me more convinced this game has lost 99% of skillful playing
Posted Image

#39 Loveformoney

Loveformoney
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Tarren Mill
  • Misery

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:58 PM

View PostRegent, on 16 November 2012 - 03:44 AM, said:

GW2 Is more balanced than WoW UPON release. It just lacked arenas and teams/rating. It can be done, Blizzard just isn't trying - or the people they have hired are inept that their job.

Blizz isn't trying but GW2 isn't balanced either.
Member of AJ Gentleman's Club- A fine gentleman!

#40 Ctuhlu

Ctuhlu
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:18 PM

It's not just PVE. At all.

Take a look at some of the most commonly complained about things in the last few seasons. Off the top of my head: Resto Shaman cleansing/burst healing, Rogue control, too many silences/stuns, too much instant CC, Warrior one-shotting stuff, instant hungering cold, etc etc. None of that has really any influence on PVE. When Resto Shamans were OP in PVP for Cataclysm, they were also the quote-unquote worst PVE healer. And sure rogues could keep a player locked down almost indefinitely in seasons 9-11, but what advantage did that give them in PVE? Stuns don't work on bosses.

And then for the specs that would get absurdly high burst capabilities (warriors, mages) -- being able to "burst" something down in PVE is not very important as what really matters is your overall DPS, 99% of the time. Burst damage could have easily been tweaked in favor of sustain and nobody would have really cared aside from the pre-teens that wouldn't see as big of numbers and would take their angst to the forums.

Fast forward to MoP and you have an even HIGHER amount of CC and silences, and again -- these spells are very rarely even applicable in PVE, especially raids. Overall, PVEers don't really care if the Shadow Priest blanket silence is 5 seconds long or 3 seconds long. It's really only the PVPers that do. Now obviously there are some PVE things that DO fuck with PVP, such as raid gear, but saying PVE is the main reason why WoW PVP is imbalanced is to me extremely inaccurate.

It comes down to developer incompetence, ignorance, or apathy. Or all three.

Fourreur said:

we have to switch to them making the decision to pop reck or not to pop reck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<