idevpro
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/0/0/1/1
  • RBG: 2161

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:22 PM

Why does it feels that WoW is so hard to balance when other shitter mmo games are even more fair to play.. I really think this games has gone much worse, and getting worse, specially cus of the attitude of game designers (Mr.fucktardcrawler) when people point out bugs/issue to some classes and the response is meaningless awful anaswers.

Again the problem i actually see is not how bad the game is right now, as much as blizzard feedback and actions towards it, I only came back for mop, almost haven't played cataclysm, but now thinking of really leaving the game cus i totally lost hope that it can be any better.

Please share your thoughts
Posted Image

#2 Hyuru

Hyuru
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2237
  • LocationNOT EVEN EU

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:28 PM

PvE
Posted Image

#3 latturalol

latturalol
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1875
  • 3v3: 2076
  • 5v5: 288

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:34 PM

Make spells work differently in pvp combat and pve combat BOOM GAME FIXED OMG took us so long to figure it out make certain abilities do less damage or more damage in pvp or pve combat its so easy.. >_>

#4 Smir

Smir
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/2/0/2/0
  • LocationAustria

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:43 PM

to be honest....
first of when you write your thread as question and want to ask something dont call people fucktards (even if you probably dont like GC)

as said befor the reason is PVE
and 95+% of the game atm is random stuff + PVE and to be fair changes made there are very accurate and fast
and its also very balanced, the game has tons to do for the average player so he keeps playing and is entertained

they once had a few spells they didnt allow in arena (e.g.: curse of doom) but it seems like they dont like the system (would deffo be the easiest way to balance around in pve and pvp)
but again arena a small part with low public interests so thats probably why its not that fast like in other sections (blizzard is a company if you have the chance of blancing for 95% or for 5% you first look at the 95%)

also like the last weeks wehre EVERYONE was crying why it takes so long to fix the mmr bug, working in this branche its just not possible
they most likely have one replication job for major changes, that they cant do just on the fly, each week.
It was just not possible, the only solution would have been to completely disable the arena until the researched a "good fix" and that would have even been worse

things are not always that easy like people wish it was and also, or even more important, our (arenaplayers) standpoint isnt allways the most important when you see it buisness wise (i wish it was, but it sadly is a fact that it is no longer, probably this will change if people start to make tournaments and the community gets more public attention)

Edited by Smir, 15 November 2012 - 12:44 PM.

#5 SlumxDogx

SlumxDogx
  • Junkies
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:45 PM

View PostHyuru, on 15 November 2012 - 12:28 PM, said:

PvE

+rep /thread

#6 Nez

Nez
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Sunstrider
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/2/.

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:47 PM

Since we're talking about PvE, here.

43 fucking LFR boss kills and 2 fucking items, go me, go rng.

Edited by Nez, 15 November 2012 - 12:51 PM.

#7 Nez

Nez
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Sunstrider
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/2/.

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:50 PM

double post

Edited by Nez, 15 November 2012 - 12:51 PM.

#8 idevpro

idevpro
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:59 PM

Ain't other games have PvE part too?

Well, i think everyone agrees that since GC was in charge, the game went terribad and his answers to questions and thoughts about pvp are just bad..

I think its because i was over-excited for mop putting high hopes that it could bring back good skillful and competitive PvP, considering there was really good changes ( talent system, pvp power, base resilience) and that they said they will focus on pvp more..
Posted Image

#9 idevpro

idevpro
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:01 PM

View PostNez, on 15 November 2012 - 12:47 PM, said:

43 fucking LFR boss kills and 2 fucking items, go me, go rng.

haha, actually this is one of the main reasons i will never do PvE, the looting system.. besides that pve is boring anyway.
Posted Image

#10 Smir

Smir
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • LocationAustria

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:10 PM

i think people should stop to shittalk GC
the only thing i wish was a bit more insight into the whole "buff/nerf/balance" change, so it would be more transparent

but guys, if you go to a restaurant and want special "offers" do you go to the cook and insult him first?

#11 Psychic1

Psychic1
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Holy 2/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2164

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:14 PM

The only way i see WoW PvP to ever be as good as it can be is if Blizzard would somehow sell the rights to another company and let them make an arena-tournament.com style game. Or they could leave the Arena pass realm open all year with its own seasons and do separate balance changes there, but as long its Blizzard doing it, it wont happen. Most people dont understand that the PvP community is so small compared to the PvE side that there really is no point for them to care

#12 Smir

Smir
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • LocationAustria

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:24 PM

View Postidevpro, on 15 November 2012 - 01:01 PM, said:

haha, actually this is one of the main reasons i will never do PvE, the looting system.. besides that pve is boring anyway.

pve in classic was very nice and actually after not doing pve for a long time i really enjoy the bossfights (no serious pve just the noob lfr stuff, the mechanics they offer are new and kinda nice, not the general nuke dragon leave fire ....)
pve imo is to find out how boss mechanics work and to find out the strategy

what most people call pve nowadays is brainfucked nuking and on a bit higher level the coping of a bossfight fromt he good guilds :)

#13 idevpro

idevpro
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:30 PM

View PostPsychic1, on 15 November 2012 - 01:14 PM, said:

Or they could leave the Arena pass realm open all year with its own seasons and do separate balance changes there, but as long its Blizzard doing it.

This, this is the best thing could ever be done for pvp'ers. I know pvp players are less than 5% of wow players. BUT, pvp is the thing that actually gives this game fame/rep/and tournys and shit. so its still a bit important i guess.
Posted Image

#14 Raak

Raak
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1693
  • 3v3: 2124

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:31 PM

View PostSmir, on 15 November 2012 - 01:10 PM, said:

i think people should stop to shittalk GC
the only thing i wish was a bit more insight into the whole "buff/nerf/balance" change, so it would be more transparent

but guys, if you go to a restaurant and want special "offers" do you go to the cook and insult him first?

Gc deserves every last bit of shit he gets. He has proved again and again his inability to take advices from community and players that actually know thing or two about this game.

And that cook metaphor makes absolutely no fucking sense since everyone has already sinked loads of money into this game so that kinda gives reason to be miffed about the stage of the game, and about the guy who's ruining it.

#15 Kerzen

Kerzen
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 0/0/2/0/2/.

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:50 PM

Pve / Pvp

Tons and tons of abilities, with scaling from tons of different stats, which scale different for every spec

11 classes

Promoting shit like stampede for the sake of "hunters asking for this kind of spell for long time"

Trying to please every casual = high end pvp never the indicator of balance

#16 Ainy

Ainy
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Свежеватель Душ
  • Шквал
  • Talents: Retribution 1/2/0/2/2/0

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:53 PM

Its so hard to do anything, if you do exactly nothing.

#17 infectionx

infectionx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/1/2/0/2/.

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:54 PM

WALL OF TEXT LATER, SHOUTOUT TO MY HOMIE LOKKROTH!.

On topic, It's not hard to balance wow, it may have been hard per in tbc when very few speccs/classes were actually viable(unless you focused the balance on those only), but wotlk and in the recent past cataclysm both had moments(or seasons) were the game was fairly balanced.

For example s10 was fairly balanced, it could use some tweaks ofcourse but the balance was in a good state.
What went wrong was the absurd pve that came into arena eventually(legendaries mid-end s10/early s11, vial,cunning,hc gruthalak, daggers etc) and a bunch of unecessary buffs and the lack of a few necessary nerfs.

What i am trying to say is that there have been moments where the game could have been greatly balanced, but wrong GC and co happened :) and yes you are correct the game has been getting worse pvpwise at least, i have no idea how pve is.

Edited by infectionx, 15 November 2012 - 02:04 PM.

Restoration shamans in season 11 According to
Felic:
And yeah they can survive for more than 30 seconds without casting. You have partners in 3v3 you know? SURPRISE

#18 Hyrmine

Hyrmine
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:20 PM

To be honest I'm not sure if Blizzard wants to balance WoW. Let's face it, it has never been perfect and you all still played, so why make it perfect?
If WoW PvP was perfect it would mean that they can't really change it anymore since it would then start becoming imbalanced again. But if they never ever did change PvP and all classes stayed always the same you would quit WoW after a while since it would just get boring.

PS: Support this idea to improve AJ <3
http://www.arenajunk...nnounce-events/

#19 inkorperated

inkorperated
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Shadow 0/2/2/2/2/1
  • RBG: 1944

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:30 PM

View PostSlumxDogx, on 15 November 2012 - 12:45 PM, said:

+rep /thread
you didn't give any rep you filthy liar

#20 dudelolxd

dudelolxd
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sanguino
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Combat
  • RBG: 768

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:41 PM

View PostHyrmine, on 15 November 2012 - 03:20 PM, said:

To be honest I'm not sure if Blizzard wants to balance WoW. Let's face it, it has never been perfect and you all still played, so why make it perfect?
If WoW PvP was perfect it would mean that they can't really change it anymore since it would then start becoming imbalanced again. But if they never ever did change PvP and all classes stayed always the same you would quit WoW after a while since it would just get boring.

Burning Crusade was a wet dream.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<