NiNLeX
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/1/2/0/0/0

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:01 AM

PvP
  • The growing conflict between the Horde and the Alliance has spilled across the face of Azeroth: level 90 players can now queue for Wintergrasp and Tol Barad via the PvP tab to battle one another in these epic conflicts.
  • Arena matches now have a 25 minute time limit (was 45 minutes).
  • Rated Battlegrounds now share the same spell restrictions as Arenas.
Taken from MMO-Champion, what do you think of these changes?

Personally I think the arena change is something we have all been waiting for, even though matches in 3s rarely last so long except when there is 1v1 between healer and another healer or a class / baddie who can't kill healer. I wouldn't mind if they changed it to 20 minutes even.

The RBG change is really good as well even though there aren't many spells affected, but still. Makes it more fun for myself at least.

And the chance to que for WG and TB as 90 should promote more PvP in those 2 dead PvP-zones. I know you could que for them as 90 before, but I think this will promote their activity and they work as a nice way to increase that honor gain for your alts.

Not like any of these changes would be "metagame-changers", but they are nice move into right direction. And yeah, there are many issues that should be prioritized over this, because they need fixing like MMR-abuse shit, but that's not what this thread is about, there are at least 100 posts about that so keep that stuff out of this one k thx bai.

#2 Jacquelol

Jacquelol
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1053
  • 3v3: 192
  • LocationNORSWE

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:25 AM

atleast the rbg changes are a big +!

Bloodlust gives some classes so much more then others and killing in rbg will acctuly have valute.

cus atm kills are so pointless.
Jacquel "The Druid" is currently not playing wow.

Shout out too Lunor for being the most amazing friend one can have.

Shout out too Hyuru the most amazing, friendly and nice person ive met on AJ
Shout out too Ardnut the second most amazing and friendly person ive met on AJ
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy 2/0/2/0/0/2
  • RBG: 1866

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:46 AM

Not sure what to think of the time limit change. Have had plenty of wins after 30+ minutes.
Posted Image

#4 NiNLeX

NiNLeX
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/1/2/0/0/0

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:12 PM

View Postnoobie25, on 15 November 2012 - 10:46 AM, said:

Not sure what to think of the time limit change. Have had plenty of wins after 30+ minutes.

15min + games in 3s are pretty devastating (even more in 2s) so I personally get really demotivated to play that long games, ofc it depends whether it is a 2v2 or 3v3 situation (still talking about 3s), because sometimes you can tell that you won't score a kill until your cd are up in net 3 mins or you need to get a ress. I played 1 game in S8 vs protpala, dk & resto druid with LSD which lasted 32 minutes and in the end we lost, but our opponets had 300 better rating so we were kinda happy that we managed to last so long and we had lots of kill opportunities. But since then I haven't had a good game which would have lasted over 10 mins. Had lots of wins in 2s after 30 mins though.

#5 terribleperson

terribleperson
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/2/0/2/.

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:46 PM

I think these are all good changes. I think rbg's will probably see a more balanced combination of classes with this and all of the other changes. 5.1 actually looks pretty decent. Granted there are some over nerfs here and there, but none that are ridiculously game-breaking.

:)

#6 Twocat

Twocat
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:58 PM

can't wait to play double heals warr and just stalemate for 25 minutes against any team we can't beat
Posted Image

#7 Reirei

Reirei
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1952
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:05 AM

those silly 38 min matches (last one as sp/rdruid vs mage/rdruid, even tho we won i didn't want to do any arena for few days after that), i doubt i will miss them...i don't think that 25 min is that bad of a number, it is more than enough times for even longest CDs to reset and i honestly don't see how longer matches are usually any entertaining anyway...

i hope towers/heavies are changed to appropriate HP if 90s gonna Q in~

changes to RBGs were needed imo, having to bring a class with hero was kind of dumb...

in overall i think those are good changes, now if they did something about retarded burst in game~
shut up pvp guy

#8 dijitaled

dijitaled
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Azjol-Nerub
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/1/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1666

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:11 AM

25m matches finally!!

#9 Afrozombie

Afrozombie
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/1/0/2
  • RBG: 2021
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:34 PM

Good to have some more time restrictions. And allowing 90s to queue into old battlegrounds is very nice, since I'm really big into world PvP when I have more than 5 hours of spare time and I'm not trolling Moon Guard.

But the lust change is nice for RBGs. No more lusting to see who can global x number of players in x number of seconds.
I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion.
~Alexander the Great

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<