• Rylez
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 1/2/2/2/1/2
  • RBG: 2381

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:43 AM

i still agree that they should buff the damage by mby 5-10% and make hurt more for dispelling UA. forgot 2 mention that making demo aura dispellable is making skillcapp higher in some kind. etc you can ask for you healer 2 dispel you before using cd's. kinda cordinate burst abit more then like what i do now. now my team is like this ( BRUUUM SHITS GOING DOWN ON THAT MAGE BRUUM BRUM BRUM mage has died)

Edited by Rylezlol, 15 November 2012 - 08:45 AM.

#22 Bonjourhihi

Bonjourhihi
  • Wèntworth
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/2/0/2/0
  • RBG: 583

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:43 AM

Demo is only good because ppl don't know how that spec works, so they can be oneshotted without even knowing why. But the burst is avoidable.

#23 Paulweezy

Paulweezy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/0/0/1
  • RBG: 2339

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:37 AM

View PostDomesauce, on 15 November 2012 - 07:57 AM, said:

wtf?

Okay, so you need an offensive dispel to get it off? backwards

Using it vs mages will just be putting it on yourself? backwards  <<<---------

ya you said it. lol. won't solve anything.

#24 Nadagast

Nadagast
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1878
  • 3v3: 2779

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:19 AM

View PostBonjourhihi, on 15 November 2012 - 08:43 AM, said:

Demo is only good because ppl don't know how that spec works, so they can be oneshotted without even knowing why. But the burst is avoidable.

Demo is still good even when people know how it works.  You can burst while stunned with no trinket and they can't avoid it.  Plus the aura is just insane good.  The aura, imps, doom, and 25% MS also make the sustained pressure pretty good, almost certainly better than any other Warlock spec.

View PostRylezlol, on 15 November 2012 - 08:43 AM, said:

i still agree that they should buff the damage by mby 5-10% and make hurt more for dispelling UA.

Affliction needs a major revamp, not just a 5-10% damage buff.  :(

Edited by Nadagast, 15 November 2012 - 10:22 AM.

#25 slantsix

slantsix
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction 0/0/0/0/2/2
  • RBG: 2421

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:47 AM

destro is fun, but not fun trying to get cbs off against god comp

#26 Raikufail

Raikufail
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Fire 1/2/0/1/1/.

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:53 AM

Affliction is really good in Pve and since this game has become "A burst game"  I dont see affliction becoming viable until they increase substained damage for all classes and nerf burst healing /damage.

#27 Eiviyn

Eiviyn
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/0/2/0

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:33 AM

Aren't warlocks relatively bad right now?

http://www.crossladd...om/arena/stats/

If they're nerfing massive chaos bolts and the demo auras, then what?

Mannaroth's Fury isn't going to affect the auras too, so range 45 -> 20.

When's aff

#28 Wallirik

Wallirik
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2567
  • 3v3: 3226
  • 5v5: 2495
  • RBG: 2592

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:19 PM

View PostBonjourhihi, on 15 November 2012 - 08:11 AM, said:

As affli, play with a warrior/mage and you can get easy 2500.

What i basically do :

- Open with 3x soul shar/soul swap on everyone under burst macro, the warrior or mage choose a target, it can be the healer, we oneshotted a lot of healers just at the beginning by doing that.
- Put the blood fear CD in the middle of your screen or something and spam it when it's up, if you don't have a full DR on the healer, use it on a dps, i think bloodfear is the "key" of the win because this spell is OP.
- I usually keep a coil, a fear and my defensive cooldown for warrior burst, mage burst, demo burst etc ... You have to know when they are going to use their cds, then don't get oneshotted.
I don't think anyone said you can't get rating as affli, it's just a billion times easier as demo lol

#29 myboomstick

myboomstick
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Daggerspine
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:06 PM

Surprised they nerfed it that hard, figured the range nerf was enough..

So how is this going to work? Purgable(aka spellstealable :mellow: ) off you? or enemy healers dispelling the aura off their teammates?

#30 Eiviyn

Eiviyn
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/0/2/0

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:49 PM

View Postmyboomstick, on 15 November 2012 - 08:06 PM, said:

Surprised they nerfed it that hard, figured the range nerf was enough..

So how is this going to work? Purgable(aka spellstealable :mellow: ) off you? or enemy healers dispelling the aura off their teammates?

Offensive dispel on lock.

#31 myboomstick

myboomstick
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Daggerspine
  • Cyclone

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:55 PM

View PostEiviyn, on 15 November 2012 - 08:49 PM, said:

Offensive dispel on lock.

thanks.

Yea, that's going to be pretty shit. Not sure about gamebreaking for the spec, but it's definitely going to make some comps alot more challenging.

#32 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:55 PM

Dispelable is one thing, but it's gonna be really bad to have it spellstolen. You'll basically not be able to use it at all vs mages.
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#33 saffie

saffie
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2112

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:28 AM

View PostThaya, on 15 November 2012 - 11:55 PM, said:

Dispelable is one thing, but it's gonna be really bad to have it spellstolen. You'll basically not be able to use it at all vs mages.

Spellsteal needs to change anyway, now that mages are never going oom its literally spammable and the most broken spell in the game, but people dont realise it because its more obvious to see the problem in some classes critting 200k.

#34 Smir

Smir
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/2/0/2/0
  • LocationAustria

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:57 PM

i cante believe that mages allways get tollerated
there is some flame here and there
but there has never been the big crying like it is around for demo, wars or stampede (the crying is ok but you cant take out mages)

the 60k common icelance 90k sometimes adn the most redic shit beside spellsteal is the insane magic cc vs a 8 sec cd dispel

anyway :)
its just weired that people dont cry more about mages

#35 Nycto

Nycto
  • Junkies

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

View PostSmir, on 16 November 2012 - 03:57 PM, said:

i cante believe that mages allways get tollerated
there is some flame here and there
but there has never been the big crying like it is around for demo, wars or stampede (the crying is ok but you cant take out mages)

the 60k common icelance 90k sometimes adn the most redic shit beside spellsteal is the insane magic cc vs a 8 sec cd dispel

anyway :)
its just weired that people dont cry more about mages
Well i think 170k+ crits (x2 as well) being instant cast and an aoe is a bit over the top for demo ^_^

#36 saffie

saffie
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:38 PM

Demo burst is indeed over the top but the whole game is about popping cds at this point.

And I know that mages have a lot of cc/damage/utility/survival problems that all make them op but for some reason nothing in this game makes me as upset as spellsteal does, not even TFB.

Spam one button all day, purge buffs, steal them for yourself (hots, damage cds, bop etc) and never go oom is just blargh.

#37 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 1792
  • RBG: 2050

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:52 PM

View Postsaffie, on 16 November 2012 - 06:38 PM, said:

Demo burst is indeed over the top but the whole game is about popping cds at this point.

And I know that mages have a lot of cc/damage/utility/survival problems that all make them op but for some reason nothing in this game makes me as upset as spellsteal does, not even TFB.

Spam one button all day, purge buffs, steal them for yourself (hots, damage cds, bop etc) and never go oom is just blargh.

Absolutely agree,

Spell steal is in my opinion the most broken thing in the game at the moment.  As someone mentioned earlier, its easier to notice 200k crits.  Spell steal takes zero mana and there is zero downside to using it.  How much do shields heal for now?  50k?  If that's the case, not only is spell steal removing or doing 50k worth of damage, but putting the shield on the mage, 100k damage swing.  

I do not think that 3xmana increase will be enough, mages will just have to evocate once and a while.  

My suggested change:  Make it like old school arcane blast, if used within a certain time (5 sec) the mana cost stacks.  Problem solved.

I know people don't care about 2s but would completely negate certain shit 2xdps comps.

#38 saffie

saffie
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:27 PM

View PostHackattack3, on 16 November 2012 - 06:52 PM, said:

Absolutely agree,

Spell steal is in my opinion the most broken thing in the game at the moment.  As someone mentioned earlier, its easier to notice 200k crits.  Spell steal takes zero mana and there is zero downside to using it.  How much do shields heal for now?  50k?  If that's the case, not only is spell steal removing or doing 50k worth of damage, but putting the shield on the mage, 100k damage swing.  

I do not think that 3xmana increase will be enough, mages will just have to evocate once and a while.  

My suggested change:  Make it like old school arcane blast, if used within a certain time (5 sec) the mana cost stacks.  Problem solved.

I know people don't care about 2s but would completely negate certain shit 2xdps comps.

that still wouldnt fix the problem as mage mana would still be infinite, and manacost of their spells are next to none, in that case you go oom by spamming spellsteal but then go up in mana anyway while dpsing.

The real fix here is making moonkins/mages/shadow priests/eles go oom easier by increasing the cost of all spells and reducing their mana gain which is definatly a needed change on itself, and THEN making spellsteal cost more on top of it, or simply put it on cd.

#39 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:31 PM

View PostHackattack3, on 16 November 2012 - 06:52 PM, said:

Absolutely agree,

spell steal long enough and you will go oom  the problem is mana regeneration

ive spammed spell steal against a KFC with a druid w/ SS  glyph just to keep myself alive and ive gotten down to about 90-80k mana only to shoot back up seconds later to let the fun begin again its pretty mindless the 25% will probably deter mages from spamming it so often but with evo / mana gems find it hard to believe that will stop them arcane blast change seems like a pretty good idea

but on the part about shields 90% of the time our shields are purged off any way.
US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix

http://www.anook.com/kannetix

www.twitch.tv/kannetix - Gladiator Mage Stream follow me and see when i go live!

#40 Krym

Krym
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • EU-Teldrassil
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:05 AM

Also: Fury Ward is now useable twice. And it is dispellable.

Both are stealth changes.

Edited by Krym, 28 November 2012 - 12:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<