• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/1/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2484

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:51 AM

View PostAthlete, on 15 November 2012 - 07:42 AM, said:

so it's completely my fault and not the developers that the game is imbalanced?  And for the record, I never said it was ok that shamans (or any healer) were completely defenseless during stuns or silences, you're just assuming that's what I meant.

blizzard listens to the forums which consists of a very softcore player base & they use the same ideology.... "my class was bad that season, so now its your turn to feel the pain". Not sayin its you alone, im sayin its people with that mindset that keeps this game the way it is, and their headquarters is probs filled with biased opinions around class balance.

If it follows this endless circle the game will never become more balanced.

No offence, its what I think and my opinion alone

#82 Rylezlol

Rylezlol
  • Rylez
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 1/2/2/2/1/2
  • RBG: 2381

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:53 AM

now shamans are like holypalas with tremor but worse surviveabilety. like no bouble no x2 bop no x2 sac cc no Shildwall. oh forgot u can spec it as shaman :8

#83 Dakkrothy

Dakkrothy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/1/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2484

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:55 AM

View PostRylezlol, on 15 November 2012 - 07:53 AM, said:

now shamans are like holypalas with tremor but worse surviveabilety. like no bouble no x2 bop no x2 sac cc no Shildwall. oh forgot u can spec it as shaman :8
during the lockout yeah, but I feel like shamans are going to be forced to play with a shadowpriest in order to even get out of the stuns alive & be able to use their cds... this is gonna hit shamans rock hard, trust

#84 Zong

Zong
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:58 AM

I love this whole "if damage is reduced it's fine" argument.

Yeah sure, but damage isn't getting reduced. The changes to mages will not affect their burst at all, warriors will have slightly less control but still insane cd popping damage(3 TFB stacks is enough for a massive amount of burst btw). No other class has had their burst even touched.

Burst – Aside from Hunters, and possibly Warriors and Mages, we don’t think burst is out of control. Other specs that get mentioned by players are Destruction Warlocks, Frost Death Knights, and Shadow Priests.

/cough

The fact is Blizzard thinks that burst is only a slight problem from like two specs, in contrary to what......everyone else says. If the patch went live as is, burst would not change in the slightest, in fact it will only get worse with more T2 weapons.

Put poison's dispel on Cleanse Spirit in my opinion, rogue/caster is too much of a counter for rshamans.

Edited by Zong, 15 November 2012 - 08:03 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#85 Deeklol

Deeklol
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:01 AM

honestly guys i wish they just fuckin remove tremor totem
Hey, add me on LoL :)

IGN: Keklyz

#86 Ziqoo

Ziqoo
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Fire 1/2/0/2/1/.
  • RBG: 959

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:04 AM

"oh no we will get 1shot"

learn to peel your Shaman healer? That's what every other healer-comp has to do, ofcourse with the minus that most healers dont have some random shit that heals u back up to 50% when u drop to 30% IN THE SILENCE/STUN

Shamans dont need more tools, Ele&Enhance needs something for defensive, I agree with that and thats why the only reason this nerf is quite bad is because it hits those two specs aswell. Personally I can see why they used to have it (because you didn't have dispel, you actually had to prevent cc from landing on your teammates and actually be good, and it would be clunky as fuck if they didn't), but now this is something that is outdated and needs to be gone since they introduced dispel. I personally don't understand why the Shaman should save 100-150k hp after each stunlock by mindlessly pressing low cd grounding totem, compared to any other healer team (with the exception of vanishing 30sec cd druids) that actually has to take the damage.. My personal opinion is that it takes alot more skill to set up a swap on the healer (for normal comps) than it takes to spam grounding out of the stunlock, and does not the teammates peel well enough, or a large CD (like NS) is used from the healer, he deserves to die.

#87 Athlete

Athlete
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 2167
  • 5v5: 862
  • RBG: 2364

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:06 AM

View PostDakkrothy, on 15 November 2012 - 07:51 AM, said:

blizzard listens to the forums which consists of a very softcore player base & they use the same ideology.... "my class was bad that season, so now its your turn to feel the pain". Not sayin its you alone, im sayin its people with that mindset that keeps this game the way it is, and their headquarters is probs filled with biased opinions around class balance.

If it follows this endless circle the game will never become more balanced.

No offence, its what I think and my opinion alone

I was merely giving khuna an example of what holy paladins have been going through since Burning Crusade, similar to what shamans are about to be going through.  I didn't say it was alright or that this is how things should be.

"my class was bad that season, so now its your turn to feel the pain". Not sayin its you alone, im sayin its people with that mindset that keeps this game the way it is

I don't have this mindset about the game at all but I do wish every healer was more equal.  I do agree that they're being too harsh with this nerf, and that they should just buff the other healers and give them similar strengths.
Posted Image

#88 Ktpearie

Ktpearie
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Holy 0/2/1/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1542
  • 3v3: 1044
  • Location"\_( シ)_/"

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:08 AM

View PostAthlete, on 15 November 2012 - 08:06 AM, said:

I was merely giving khuna an example of what holy paladins have been going through since Burning Crusade, similar to what shamans are about to be going through.  I didn't say it was alright or that this is how things should be.

I don't have this mindset about the game at all but I do wish every healer was more equal.  I do agree that they're being too harsh with this nerf, and that they should just buff the other healers and give them similar strengths.

hi Tod
"\_( シ)_/"

#89 Nycto

Nycto
  • Junkies

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:15 AM

Good, being able to use this stuff when silenced/locked out was as stupid as being able to do it while hexd.

#90 Blackonblack

Blackonblack
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Burning Steppes
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:03 AM

I wish resto shamans would at least take me out for dinner or buy me a pretty necklace before they proceed to fuck me in the ass!

#91 mukuld50

mukuld50
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Elemental ./././././.
  • RBG: 2666

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:16 AM

This is the worst possible change that could be made in the current state of this game... jesus.  Not being able to use totems while locked out, I agree with, but not being able to use totems while blanketed????

They need to nerf or revamp shaman mastery, nerf the purge glyph for restoration, remove the totemic restoration talent, make NS a 2 minute cooldown, and probably even reduce the crit chance on healing surge with tidal waves up.  Shaman throughput and output needed nerfs, not shaman survivability.

Edited by mukuld50, 15 November 2012 - 09:23 AM.

#92 hearthadinlol

hearthadinlol
  • Kaska
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 192

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:19 AM

if they are doing this they should just fucking make astral shift like s8 again since we actually have nothing now.. our totems can be one shot already riptide/es purged.... sick
Posted Image

#93 mukuld50

mukuld50
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Elemental ./././././.
  • RBG: 2666

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:28 AM

View Posthearthadinlol, on 15 November 2012 - 09:19 AM, said:

if they are doing this they should just fucking make astral shift like s8 again since we actually have nothing now.. our totems can be one shot already riptide/es purged.... sick

Offensive purges need a cooldown just like defensive dispel.  World of fucking purgecraft all over again

#94 hearthadinlol

hearthadinlol
  • Kaska
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 192

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:35 AM

View Postmukuld50, on 15 November 2012 - 09:28 AM, said:

Offensive purges need a cooldown just like defensive dispel.  World of fucking purgecraft all over again

yeah i guess, but shamans would be fine if tey got that 30-40% reduce dmg while stunned or silenced.. and fix the purge on ES not all 9 charges for 1 purge..
Posted Image

#95 Chazzwozzer

Chazzwozzer

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:45 AM

View Postmukuld50, on 15 November 2012 - 09:16 AM, said:

This is the worst possible change that could be made in the current state of this game... jesus.  Not being able to use totems while locked out, I agree with, but not being able to use totems while blanketed????

They need to nerf or revamp shaman mastery, nerf the purge glyph for restoration, remove the totemic restoration talent, make NS a 2 minute cooldown, and probably even reduce the crit chance on healing surge with tidal waves up.  Shaman throughput and output needed nerfs, not shaman survivability.

Agree completely with everything in this post.  Every single nerf you listed are the same ones that I've been suggesting to my teammates since I started playing MoP (except the tidal waves one, hadn't thought of that). In addition I think all offensive purges should be given a cooldown similar to the defensive dispel, and all NS type spells should be two minute cds (PoM included).

Edited by Chazzwozzer, 15 November 2012 - 09:49 AM.

#96 mnny

mnny
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Restoration 2/0/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2219
  • LocationPannonia

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:07 AM

LOL KASKA, gtfo

#97 Miluu

Miluu
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 2501
  • 3v3: 2400
  • RBG: 2178

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:24 AM

The 40% Magic Damage reduce doesnt help a hpally at all, a mage will still kill u in a deep+soft cs. You cant really compare a paladin and a shaman lol, 160k+ unleash greater heal vs 65k divine lights etc. Shamans needed to be nerfed and this change is a good step, but they have to reduce the healing output as well.

Edited by Miluu, 15 November 2012 - 10:25 AM.

#98 Raikufail

Raikufail
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Fire 1/2/0/1/1/.

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:26 AM

Shaman has been the best healer since Cata release due to it being the hardest healer to CC, Every other healer u can Blanket into a casted CC except shamans because they can grounding for example. 30 secs tremor atm is retarded. Even 1 min tremor is retarded.  Almost very single high team involves a resto shaman due to their utility which is over the top.

It is just really boring to face resto shamans aswell compared to every other healer due to the fact that they are harder then any other healer to CC. Every game it's like... resto shaman again... and whenever u play a comp without a resto shaman and u face 1 u will at disadvantage the whole game.

Edited by Raikufail, 15 November 2012 - 10:49 AM.

#99 Daisyduke

Daisyduke
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 2532
  • 3v3: 3004
  • RBG: 2147

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:54 AM

were cleaves like TSG / PHD, and i still think it was NEVER really good and only worked because there is so few ppl good enough at this game to be able to play against it properly

Both comps won blizzcon, just sayin. Even tho I agree that I felt I could beat any meleecleave at any time as a mage with my comps.

Can we please talk about how Tremor turns the current game into rock/paper/scissors in regards to warrior fear (maybe bloodfear) giving you insane advantages in simply having a shaman?
Most players that get feared have to trinket. Shamans just give the entire team no-risk-jailfree cards to cancel out the retarded 1min undispellable aoe fear. Restoshamans are also as raiku said the hardest to cc, its so hard that most shamans dont fucking know to LOS casts because they just have so many tools available.

Having said this tho, they will probably be too squishy during stun/silence locks.

Edited by Daisyduke, 15 November 2012 - 11:55 AM.

Alec

#100 Stigz

Stigz
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration 0/0/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1666
  • LocationFinland

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:08 PM

So any Rogue team will hard counter Shaman teams more than they hard counter Paladins after  this change?

Great!
Posted Image
63% Resilience, Destro is hard?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<