• EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 2002
  • 3v3: 2636
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:35 AM

Sweet, looks like shamans might involve a brain cell to play now. In all seriousness though, I agree that silence should NOT prevent you from dropping totems, lockout however should. Like somebody said before, it's way too brainless to just blanket, and shamans will be extremely tunnelable now. Think pally without bubble.

Every single fucking time they must change shit in a stupid way. I hate shamans with all the passion because they faceroll so fucking hard it's unreal, but still, it's not really the right way to go. Ughhhh Blizzard..

Popped a molly, I'm sweating.

View PostRizzo, on 07 April 2011 - 04:00 AM, said:

World of Cantcastunlessitsinstantcraft:  CCataclysm

View PostAyrasaurus, on 18 May 2013 - 04:23 PM, said:

im an idiot

#62 pripripriest

pripripriest
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/.
  • LocationDurotar

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:41 AM

View PostParkways, on 15 November 2012 - 02:40 AM, said:

good thing i have never been locked out, ever.

how could you ? you barely need to cast :\
----------------
Hàppypiè©

"
The future... seems to me no unified dream but a mince pie, long in the baking, never quite done."
E. Young

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#63 spaceship

spaceship
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/2/0
  • RBG: 2389
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:31 AM

I also feel like this change was maybe a little overkill and didn't really address the actual problems with the Shaman class.

#64 mitmatlol

mitmatlol
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Barthilas
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/2/0

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:38 AM

Shower Time Shamans

#65 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 2273
  • 3v3: 2634
  • 5v5: 2359
  • RBG: 2126

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:39 AM

I have to agree with Zilea, this change is definitely something that is needed long term. Resto Shamans are no doubt very strong, but tend to be bad under heavy pressure and silences/stuns. I think that the Astral Shift talent should be looked at, possibly providing lessened damage while silenced/stunned like it used to.

Edit: I am also surprised about the lack of Ele buffs.

Edited by Regent, 15 November 2012 - 05:49 AM.

#66 Khra

Khra
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Ragnaros
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/2/0/0/2
  • RBG: 959

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:45 AM

This change sucks, shamans will be an easy kill, they should change to cant use totems when you get locked like pallys bubble, now you need to save trinket or use link too early just to get the totem destroyed because link got 5hp... imo they should nerf mastery its too OP but this change also hurts ele and enh, tho this is not final lets see

Edited by fabians19, 15 November 2012 - 05:46 AM.

#67 zier123

zier123
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Nordrassil
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/2/.

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:18 AM

Terrible change , mastery is the problem with shaman, not totems.

#68 Nightmonkey

Nightmonkey
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/0/0
  • RBG: 1999

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:27 AM

In this thread:  Paladins or people that play with Paladins say that the change is fine, they deal with getting donged on by casters every day.  People that play a Shaman or play with a Shaman think the change is too drastic because they don't want to be in the same world of shit as the other healers.  I'm somewhere in the middle as I play both classes.

I think the problem is that they've just added way too much garbage to the game over the years, and this whole campaign of homogenization really just made things worse.  It feels like literally every class/spec has an interrupt or blanket silence (or both) these days.

I primarily play a Shaman, and I'll deal with this change just fine - but it doesn't really hit the spot for me.  A nerf to the defenses of an Ele or Enhance Shaman is the exact opposite of what those specs need.  Once any two DPS connect to an Ele/Enh Shaman, the game basically ends for the Shaman.  You have 1-2 cooldowns and no passive abilities to prevent damage.

Basically I really don't care about this change, but some DPS classes need to be very strongly nerfed to go along with any nerfs to healers.  I'm looking at you, Wizards and Warriors.

Edited by Nightmonkey, 15 November 2012 - 06:29 AM.

#69 Improve

Improve
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 1737
  • 3v3: 2315
  • 5v5: 2652
  • RBG: 768

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:32 AM

yeah shamans definitely didn't need this, a mastery nerf or maybe just buff other healers.

Posted Image

#70 Draedx

Draedx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/1/2/1/.

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:43 AM

Great change!!

Now change spellsteal and hybrid healers thanks!

#71 Athlete

Athlete
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 2167
  • 5v5: 862
  • RBG: 2364

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:44 AM

View Postkhuna, on 15 November 2012 - 12:54 AM, said:

when priest will get buffed a bit RMP is gonna win everytime they see a shaman on the top right of their screen,garrote kidney 123012 sc stuns/silence can't tremor/ground/etc gg even if dmg get toned down
I've been dealing with this since Burning Crusade, where divine shield is removed before the GCD finishes against any competent priest and I just die in the opener.  I do think the totem nerfs are pretty harsh but I can't say that shamans will be completely crippled without this.  Shamans still have the best cc protection of any healer and insane passive healing, they're just going to have to deal with some things now that other healers have been going through forever.
Posted Image

#72 Aozlol

Aozlol
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blade's Edge
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 1957

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:50 AM

View PostZilea, on 15 November 2012 - 12:28 AM, said:

Okay, I'll bite. Why is it retarded that you can pummel a shaman, counterspell them, blanket silence them, etc and they can still drop grounding totem/healing hide/spirit link/tremor? If I get locked out, I can't even Divine Shield

Yes, it might require shamans needing a change somewhere else, but the above mechanics are poorly designed and the Blizzard change is definitely a good one

waat

#73 Draakex

Draakex
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Holy 1/2/1/0/1/0
  • RBG: 1149
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:54 AM

Good change in my opinion, now it actually matters if you successfully interrupt a shaman...

Posted Image

#74 khuna

khuna
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Assassination 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1942

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:02 AM

View PostAthlete, on 15 November 2012 - 06:44 AM, said:

I've been dealing with this since Burning Crusade, where divine shield is removed before the GCD finishes against any competent priest and I just die in the opener.  I do think the totem nerfs are pretty harsh but I can't say that shamans will be completely crippled without this.  Shamans still have the best cc protection of any healer and insane passive healing, they're just going to have to deal with some things now that other healers have been going through forever.

I would never defend something like that by using the paladin example because i honestly think that paladin was, is and will always be the worst healer in arena against any swap-based comp like rogue x or mage x only because they can't do anything while stunned/silenced or remove them(whats gonna happen to shamans now), the only comps that ever worked for pala ( against good teams and i insist on that lol because a team that don't push on a paladin and just plays D, sit back is doing it wrong and will see all of his dmg outhealed,I saw that happen so many times in cata/wotlk etc) were cleaves like TSG / PHD, and i still think it was NEVER really good and only worked because there is so few ppl good enough at this game to be able to play against it properly

With that nerf shamans will still have all of their insane overthetopà)ieàazàie) abilities but they won't be able to use it before they die lol

(sorry for my english and shit im so tired:(( )

#75 Libyanator

Libyanator
  • Barasi
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2401

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:19 AM

Precisely.
[3:54:02 AM] Obelodalix: When it's full on flop
[3:54:06 AM] Obelodalix: Mine just gets lost
[3:54:09 AM] Obelodalix: in a sea of balls
[3:54:11 AM] Obelodalix: cuz I'm danny hart

#76 averagepriestz

averagepriestz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:30 AM

It should hardly be an arguement that one class suffered for several expansions, thus another should.

Druids were terrible entire Cataclysm, does not mean Priests etc. should not be fixed this expansion. I do agree totems should not be used while silenced, and if it is, they should not be as strong as they were.

But introducing a new kind of defensive CD's would probably be needed. I still think they could implement the -20% or 30% damage reduction while stunned or silenced back again.

#77 Dakkrothy

Dakkrothy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/1/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2484

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:34 AM

they're just going to have to deal with some things now that other healers have been going through forever.

dumbest ideology ive ever heard & its ppl like you that are the sole reason this game stays unbalanced

yep I said it

#78 Athlete

Athlete
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 2167
  • 5v5: 862
  • RBG: 2364

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:42 AM

View PostDakkrothy, on 15 November 2012 - 07:34 AM, said:

dumbest ideology ive ever heard & its ppl like you that are the sole reason this game stays unbalanced

yep I said it
so it's completely my fault and not the developers that the game is imbalanced?  And for the record, I never said it was ok that shamans (or any healer) were completely defenseless during stuns or silences, you're just assuming that's what I meant.
Posted Image

#79 Domesauce

Domesauce
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2098

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:47 AM

This is a nerf to shaman survivability, not healing output. Totally backwards.

#80 Rylezlol

Rylezlol
  • Rylez
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 1/2/2/2/1/2
  • RBG: 2381

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:51 AM

not playing with shamans after 5.1

0 user(s) are reading this topic