khuna
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Assassination 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1942

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:19 PM

disagree, every shaman doesnt play with a SP, they will die in a deep / sp silence | garrote - ks ( /deep ) without being able to use any of their numberous overpowered (imagine a swap on a shaman with a deep silence as shadowpriest mage per exemple where he CANT LINK after the deep LOL ? ) cooldowns no matter what, thats retarded as fuck
again pala can shield
druid can vanish / leap w/e its called, skin
priest can ps ( once disc will get buffed if it does lol )
shaman needs to be nerfed or other healers buffed but not like that, this is going to be a joke and i know it for having done 2310923 games against shamans as rmp
shamans will be like druid without skin / leap once they trinketed, means they'll flop before the end of the blanket following the stun ( or the stun following the blanket )
make totems not usable while interrupted/locked, not blanketed(except healing tide maybe). Anyway i don't even know who i am talking to when i say that lol, blizzard prolly won't even read this forum/ revert this stupid change and ill have fun oneshotting shamans anyway

you can't nerf how blankets / stuns works because some classes are designed to kill in those blankets/stuns, otherwise they simply can't

#243 Korzul

Korzul
  • Premium Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Doomhammer
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 2315
  • 3v3: 2744
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 1151

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:03 PM

You can also Unleash Elements still while silenced AFAIK.

You can't, they changed that too. Everything reds out during a silence.

How fair is it to for a Shaman to get imp cs'd or silenced and just drop grounding totem

Probably about as fair as priests guising stuns and druids displacer beasting the silence then shifting to reach LoS. Without them they'd just flop in a stun/silence combo and the game would be even less skillful than it is now.
That's unless your pretending to yourself that pressing deep at the same time as one of your partners presses his instant cc to delay peels is tough.

Do you think Priests and Resto Druids can just sit and tank physical classes with how the current meta game is?

Do you think resto shamans can right now without near perfect peels?

Lastly, if Shamans are dying to certain classes I can guarantee you all the other healers besides resto druids will be dying just as quick.

Yes paladins die just as quick to wizards, thats niether fun or balanced for them.
Priests are hopefully going to get fixed soon.
And resto shamans next patch have the least amount of tools to survive a switch (eg we have trinket).
You can have the best heals in the game but it matters not if you don't get an opportunity to use them.

So if they are actually even a little interested in making healers viable damage/CC WILL be toned down.
Whereas it's easier to nerf shamans in other areas, buff the priests and paladins and kill off no stop offensive dispel spam.
The way you're suggesting takes more work and requires a complete revamp to a ton of the new shit they introduced. This isn't something that's likely to happen given bliz's track record.

Sadly trying to reason with people here and explain the issues with this change is as pointless as trying to explain to blizzard. There's too much bias and bollocks floating around and people chime in intent that their opinion is correct without having experienced shaman play or having tested what it's like with the changes. All they see is "omfg shaman nerf, YES!" without realizing the full extent of what it does not only to the class but to the overall balance of the game.
GC also seems to have dismissed all reasonable feedback given about it so it seems we're stuck with it going live.

I guess it's time to find a shadow priest to help compensate for the gaping hole this leaves in the class mechanics.

#244 Kosherz

Kosherz
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2346

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:29 PM

blizzard <3

Edited by Kosherz, 22 November 2012 - 11:30 PM.

#245 Zelyx

Zelyx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline 0/0/1/1/1/0

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:47 PM

I understand this may be very upsetting, as I would be if I played a shaman, but if you look at it from other perspectives, being able to do major CD's like spirit link and healing tide when locked out is pretty fucked up.

Though I'm not completely sure if this is the right change, since they may need the ability to use totems when silenced. But being able to use major CD's while locked out was a big issue overall. This will make sure that shaman's are on par with other healers in terms of penalty due to healing lock outs.

Someone mentioned that every class can do something when locked out, which is certainly not true. Mage can't iceblock when locked out on frost, paladin's can't bubble when locked in holy, priest's can't do shit when silenced, especially when locked out.

But I think the change is a little to much since something like RMP is going to completely shut down shaman teams in 5.1

#246 khuna

khuna
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:52 AM

blanketed not locked out

#247 pyrellael_3428244

pyrellael_3428244
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Kirin Tor
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Elemental 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1937
  • 3v3: 2319

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:32 AM

Honestly the real issue with shamans is using the defensive totems when locked out... And the fact that my one healing surge heals 1 person for their health bar if it crits

Also totemic restoration is really dumb and shouldn't be in the game or shouldn't affect grounding and tremor at the very least

The only complaint I have about any of this is WHY THE HELL did blizzard give me an aura mastery that the second spirit walkers grace is dispelled you lose the freaking immunity. @.@

Quality of life change, i'll just deal with getting cc'd more and trained more by casters like my paladin does, Nothing new here!

#248 bighandxyz

bighandxyz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Fenris
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Blood 0/2/0/0/1/0
  • RBG: 2041

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:50 AM

you can still Unleash Elements during silenced. And this nerf isn't going to cripple shaman, if anything they could use a few more

Edited by bighandxyz, 25 November 2012 - 05:50 AM.

#249 Korzul

Korzul
  • Premium Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Doomhammer
  • Blackout

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:35 PM

you can still Unleash Elements during silenced

No you can't, read the damn thread before posting this crap.

#250 Absoqt

Absoqt
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Burning Legion
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Discipline 1/2/1/1/1/2
  • RBG: 1905

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:12 PM

This change is a no brainer, no matter how much you whine. That doesn't mean it should be the only change.
Gooby pls

#251 Absoqt

Absoqt
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Burning Legion
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Discipline 1/2/1/1/1/2
  • RBG: 1905

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:20 PM

View Postkhuna, on 22 November 2012 - 10:19 PM, said:

you can't nerf how blankets / stuns works because some classes are designed to kill in those blankets/stuns, otherwise they simply can't

This means shamans go against the design of those classes, you should endorse this change.
Gooby pls

#252 Korzul

Korzul
  • Premium Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Doomhammer
  • Blackout

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

This means shamans go against the design of those classes, you should endorse this change.
He just realises how easy it will be to drop a shaman in a stun into blanket.

No-ones going to complain about not using totems when locked out, a lot of people will however end up giving up their shamans once they die 100-0 during 10 seconds + of not being able to use a single ability because of the silence change.

Edited by Korzul, 25 November 2012 - 06:33 PM.

#253 Hendie

Hendie
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:36 PM

View PostKorzul, on 25 November 2012 - 06:32 PM, said:

He just realises how easy it will be to drop a shaman in a stun into blanket.

No-ones going to complain about not using totems when locked out, a lot of people will however end up giving up their shamans once they die 100-0 during 10 seconds + of not being able to use a single ability because of the silence change.

Trinket and stop crying thx
www.twitch.tv/Hendiee

#254 methodman2

methodman2
  • Mèthøðmåñ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/0/0/0/0
  • RBG: 1147

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:34 PM

5.1 on tuesday boys, enjoy your last couple of days

#255 ROKMODE

ROKMODE

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:32 PM

I love how resto shaman nerfs always give the other shaman specs the dirty end of the stick. Even in s9 when ele was really bad, blizzard managed to remove bloodlust from arenas, nerf purge, change tremor, and nerf grounding without even thinking about how it would affect the other specs.
Expect bias in posts because
Wotlk is the best thing since sliced bread

#256 Bamflol

Bamflol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Holy 2/1/1/2/0/0
  • RBG: 2493
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:46 PM

View Postkhuna, on 22 November 2012 - 10:19 PM, said:

disagree, every shaman doesnt play with a SP, they will die in a deep / sp silence | garrote - ks ( /deep ) without being able to use any of their numberous overpowered (imagine a swap on a shaman with a deep silence as shadowpriest mage per exemple where he CANT LINK after the deep LOL ? ) cooldowns no matter what, thats retarded as fuck
again pala can shield
druid can vanish / leap w/e its called, skin
priest can ps ( once disc will get buffed if it does lol )
shaman needs to be nerfed or other healers buffed but not like that, this is going to be a joke and i know it for having done 2310923 games against shamans as rmp
shamans will be like druid without skin / leap once they trinketed, means they'll flop before the end of the blanket following the stun ( or the stun following the blanket )
make totems not usable while interrupted/locked, not blanketed(except healing tide maybe). Anyway i don't even know who i am talking to when i say that lol, blizzard prolly won't even read this forum/ revert this stupid change and ill have fun oneshotting shamans anyway

pallys can shield every 5 minutes, mages can deep every what, 30 seconds? So mages can potentially solo a pally every 30 seconds. Inb4 'well u hef bubble derpderp'. MD/Shattering. And last i checked, the majority of teams have a priest on them or a warrior. If they don't then oh well, you lived one df, what happens in the next 30 seconds?
Oh they're so hard done by, not being able to link after df? damn. I wish i could use any ability after the deep.

Edited by Bamflol, 25 November 2012 - 09:46 PM.

#257 khuna

khuna
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:51 PM

View PostHendie, on 25 November 2012 - 06:36 PM, said:

Trinket and stop crying thx

Shut up

pallys can shield every 5 minutes, mages can deep every what, 30 seconds? So mages can potentially solo a pally every 30 seconds. Inb4 'well u hef bubble derpderp'. MD/Shattering. And last i checked, the majority of teams have a priest on them or a warrior. If they don't then oh well, you lived one df, what happens in the next 30 seconds?
Oh they're so hard done by, not being able to link after df? damn. I wish i could use any ability after the deep.

Pallys are shit
Shamans will be too if they play without a SP

Druids can Displacer Beast while blanketed ( which is the best cooldown by far if used properly ), Barskin

IF priests get buffed, they can ps while stunned, or even vanish ( i heard its gonna get nerfed tho not sure ) and fear while locked out

People that are shit at this game should think twice before posting too

#258 Isumi

Isumi

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:08 PM

i think you have to see it in two different ways

shamans can drop their totems for their mates while silenc
ed, which is pretty strong because you have enough tools as shaman to heal your mates up, i think it's too strong and probably blizz nerf totems because of this

but the other thing ist, when shamans can't dropt their totems while silenced when they get trained its hit them a lot harder and shamans gonna die against every good rogue/x team, mage/x team

to find a good way to fix this problem is just reduce the op burst of nearly all classes that healers dont die in a stun -> silence , and druid shouln't be able to use displacer beast while silenced too.

nerf shamans mastery and remove totemic restoration, atleast for tremor and shamans are fine.

#259 Trenzix23

Trenzix23
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Elemental 1/1/2/1/0/2
  • RBG: 192

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:56 PM

I'm so excited to see mages opening with blanket cs into free kills

#260 Hendie

Hendie
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:11 PM

View Postkhuna, on 26 November 2012 - 07:51 PM, said:

Shut up

Pallys are shit
Shamans will be too if they play without a SP

Druids can Displacer Beast while blanketed ( which is the best cooldown by far if used properly ), Barskin

IF priests get buffed, they can ps while stunned, or even vanish ( i heard its gonna get nerfed tho not sure ) and fear while locked out

People that are shit at this game should think twice before posting too

Your always so mad?

and your saying displacer beast is better than spirit link totem....? :rolleyes:
www.twitch.tv/Hendiee

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

<