pripripriest
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/.
  • LocationDurotar

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:18 PM

if ask me the worst thing EVER in mop is the Dispel Mechanics.. it just killed the game as healer ... there are no words to describe how stupid it is
----------------
Hàppypiè©

"
The future... seems to me no unified dream but a mince pie, long in the baking, never quite done."
E. Young

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#222 Blackonblack

Blackonblack
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Burning Steppes
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:41 PM

Ok here it goes again, GC is back on twitter doing his thing!

Rob Daly@Ravenswordx
@Ghostcrawler Hey GC with the change in 5.1 making totems act as spells was it intended to nerf all specs or just resto ?

Greg Street@Ghostcrawler
@Ravenswordx it was intended as a nerf to totems. Now that they do things (not just buffs) they were hard to counter.

I don't really get what he's saying. How are they hard to counter? What does it really mean to counter a totem, especially now that totems "Do Things"???

I guess we should all be happy that they're only nerfing totems and not shamans though.

Edited by Blackonblack, 20 November 2012 - 10:05 PM.

#223 Force

Force
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Свежеватель Душ
  • Шквал
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/0/1/2/0/0
  • RBG: 1489

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:11 AM

View PostBlackonblack, on 20 November 2012 - 09:41 PM, said:

Ok here it goes again, GC is back on twitter doing his thing!

Rob Daly@Ravenswordx
@Ghostcrawler Hey GC with the change in 5.1 making totems act as spells was it intended to nerf all specs or just resto ?

Greg Street@Ghostcrawler
@Ravenswordx it was intended as a nerf to totems. Now that they do things (not just buffs) they were hard to counter.

I don't really get what he's saying. How are they hard to counter? What does it really mean to counter a totem, especially now that totems "Do Things"???

I guess we should all be happy that they're only nerfing totems and not shamans though.

yep, good news.... ah wait

#224 sikemu

sikemu
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Frostwolf
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration
  • RBG: 192

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:31 PM

I don't understand at all why other healers are so happy to see shamans get nerfed. Disc priests and Holy paladins especially... a shaman nerf that completely destroys the class against a any 1800 team who is capable of chaining a stun into a blanket silence is going to put shamans through 3-4 cooldowns just to attempt a recovery.

Burst damage needs to be toned down and disc priests need to be brought back in line with the other three healers currently. I mean realistically holy paladins are just as good as shamans before this totem nerf goes through...

#225 Draakex

Draakex
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Holy 1/2/1/0/1/0
  • RBG: 1149
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

View Postsikemu, on 21 November 2012 - 04:31 PM, said:

I don't understand at all why other healers are so happy to see shamans get nerfed. Disc priests and Holy paladins especially...

Disc priests and Holy paladins especially...

Disc priests

Disc

yeah... right.

Posted Image

#226 pripripriest

pripripriest
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationDurotar

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:46 PM

I don't understand at all why other healers are so happy to see shamans get nerfed. Disc priests and Holy paladins especially... a shaman nerf that completely destroys the class against a any 1800 team who is capable of chaining a stun into a blanket silence is going to put shamans through 3-4 cooldowns just to attempt a recovery.

Burst damage needs to be toned down and disc priests need to be brought back in line with the other three healers currently. I mean realistically holy paladins are just as good as shamans before this totem nerf goes through...

this  --|>    Posted Image
----------------
Hàppypiè©

"
The future... seems to me no unified dream but a mince pie, long in the baking, never quite done."
E. Young

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#227 pyrellael_3428244

pyrellael_3428244
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Kirin Tor
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Elemental 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1937
  • 3v3: 2319

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:15 PM

Ok so someone who plays a resto shaman and a holy paladin I have to say that this change is stupid. I've always thought it was really too strong to drop healing totems while kicked because that rewards poor play, Not using them while blanket silenced? That is just an awful way to nerf such a strong class. I mean even paladins can at least bubble while silenced.

I'm actually just not even wanting to think about watching my team get psyfiended then watching me get 5 second silenced and being unable to tremor while I get lolshatterplayed or war/spriest or any combination of 2 dps.This won't be fun at all.

Inb4 shamans op gso retorts. Like I said I don't like that they can drop it while locked that's dumb and you're being rewarded for being bad. So it should just be changed to not dropping them while locked out only not blanket silence.(Not looking to sound like i'm crying just wish blizzard would do something correctly)

Now from a paladins point of view it's not fun to be able to do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING either while cc'd, Obviously cc is there to control you so you can't do much but with all the instant unavoidable cc in the game changes like these just make the game that much less fun to play and much less balanced.

Tl;dr Poor way to change a class that's too strong (blizzard loves overnerfing and overbuffing stuff)

Edited by pyrellael_3428244, 21 November 2012 - 09:16 PM.

#228 Admoney

Admoney
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1910
  • 3v3: 2057
  • 5v5: 1527
  • RBG: 2025

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:38 PM

View PostDakkrothy, on 15 November 2012 - 12:05 AM, said:

im not gonna sit here and defend shamans but that change officially made them BY FAR the easiest healer to kill for any rogue caster comp. You can BARELY survive the stun openers, now with a garrote + a dr'd garrote... how the hell are you gonna survive? Shamans needed fixes, but this is over the top imo. GL&HF shamans surviving anything.

lets not even get started at how much worse ele shammy survival will become either.

gawd, gotta play something silly like double healer warr in order to even survive... oh wait :X

Prediction - RMP & possibly RPS will dominate the brackets, this is a HUGE rogue buff add godmode comp to that also, almost dying in every single deep freeze switch, now with addition of a 5 sec spriest silence followed up LaaawwLLllll GL

TL;DR = omg rshams MIGHT have a counter now

Edited by Admoney, 21 November 2012 - 11:38 PM.

#229 Force

Force
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Свежеватель Душ
  • Шквал

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:27 AM

No totems while locked out, add passive, that gives you -25% all dmg reduction while stuned/silenced, balanced.

#230 S!nturvy

S!nturvy
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Eredar
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/2/2/./2

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:34 PM

-25% dmg reduction won't help my mates and -25% dmg reduce for the whole party is too damn high.

The change is retarded. So I dont discuss about any workarounds.

#231 Force

Force
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Свежеватель Душ
  • Шквал

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:41 PM

View PostS!nturvy, on 22 November 2012 - 12:34 PM, said:

-25% dmg reduction won't help my mates and -25% dmg reduce for the whole party is too damn high.

The change is retarded. So I dont discuss about any workarounds.
i mean - while blanket you can use your totems, while school locked - you cant.

#232 sarma

sarma
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/0/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 2263
  • 3v3: 2436
  • 5v5: 1247
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:53 PM

easiest healer to kill for any rogue caster comp.

rogue

Last time I checked rogues were doing little to no dmg , keet dying 3 seconds into game and could be kited infinitely.
Only rmp I had seen was ziqo and co feeding on 1900 mmr
So shamans are going to be countered by 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000001% teams active on ladder since that is how much people do play rogues nowdays

And yes this is coming from dk
Posted Image

#233 pripripriest

pripripriest
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationDurotar

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:49 PM

View PostForce, on 22 November 2012 - 09:27 AM, said:

No totems while locked out, add passive, that gives you -25% all dmg reduction while stuned/silenced, balanced.

Anything else ? Don't know .. want a coffee or maybe a "iwin" button that automatically dc opponents in arena ? could be tough on games versus other shammies.. but if you are fast enough ....
----------------
Hàppypiè©

"
E. Young

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#234 Braindeadly

Braindeadly
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Survival

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:33 PM

sorry but rshamans are currently godlike healers and this just means you can't faceroll your spirit link etc anymore

paladins,druids = good

disc/holy priests = below average

monks = dire

#235 Korzul

Korzul
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Doomhammer
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 2315
  • 3v3: 2744
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 1151

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:42 PM

sorry but rshamans are currently godlike healers and this just means you can't faceroll your spirit link etc anymore

Nope it just means everyone else can faceroll one dimensional tunnel tactics into any shaman they see for a free win, and that wizards have to think less to work for their rating.

Yey for progress.

Edited by Korzul, 23 November 2012 - 01:54 AM.

#236 Raystigz

Raystigz
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Shadowmoon
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 959
  • LocationNew York

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:27 PM

im not gonna sit here and defend shamans but that change officially made them BY FAR the easiest healer to kill for any rogue caster comp. You can BARELY survive the stun openers, now with a garrote + a dr'd garrote... how the hell are you gonna survive? Shamans needed fixes, but this is over the top imo. GL&HF shamans surviving anything.

lets not even get started at how much worse ele shammy survival will become either.

gawd, gotta play something silly like double healer warr in order to even survive... oh wait :X

Prediction - RMP & possibly RPS will dominate the brackets, this is a HUGE rogue buff add godmode comp to that also, almost dying in every single deep freeze switch, now with addition of a 5 sec spriest silence followed up LaaawwLLllll GL

so you're saying that shamans are going to be complete and utter shit except everyone is still going to use one LOL
twitch.tv/Raystigz stream maybe someday i'll start using it again

#237 bighandxyz

bighandxyz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Fenris
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Blood 0/2/0/0/1/0
  • RBG: 2041

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:35 PM

View PostKorzul, on 22 November 2012 - 04:42 PM, said:

Nope it just means everyone else can faceroll one dimensional tunnel targets into any shaman they see for a free win and that wizards have to think less to work for their rating.

Yey for progress.
you might have to get peels like everyone else.

the horror

#238 Guest_Talbadar_*

Guest_Talbadar_*

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:18 PM

Elemental and Enhancement Shamans need buffs, that is true, but this change has been necessary for a long time coming. This change was made a long time ago back when Wrath started I believe because they weren't that strong back then, but with all their added utility since Cataclysm this has been the one glaring issue with Shamans that will actually make them more fair to fight against. I compiled a list of changes myself and this one was on that list (not that I even got in contact with Blizzard about any of it). Why? It's simply overpowered to be able to do things while interrupted or silenced as a healing class. If Mages or Rogues are killing Shamans instantly every game then nerf the stuns/blankets/damage, but keep this change. Nature's Guardian is something that is not being mentioned in any of this discussion. Gaining 100k health before you die is a big deal. Don't forget you can Healthstone and Battlemaster while locked out/blanketed.

How fair is it to for a Shaman to get imp cs'd or silenced and just drop grounding totem, healing tide, and then link if they're still in trouble? It's always been ridiculous seeing Shamans just rotate through their abilities while silenced. You can also Unleash Elements still while silenced AFAIK.

Displacer Beast while silenced (and its short cooldown) need to be addressed at the same time as this.

Lastly, if Shamans are dying to certain classes I can guarantee you all the other healers besides resto druids will be dying just as quick. So if they are actually even a little interested in making healers viable damage/CC WILL be toned down.

#239 averagepriestz

averagepriestz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:39 PM

View PostKorzul, on 22 November 2012 - 04:42 PM, said:

Nope it just means everyone else can faceroll one dimensional tunnel targets into any shaman they see for a free win and that wizards have to think less to work for their rating.

Yey for progress.

Do you think Priests and Resto Druids can just sit and tank physical classes with how the current meta game is? Everyone has to get peels. Druids were perhaps able to sit with 3xLifeblooms in the end of WotLK, but those days are over. Shit explodes if you can not get away or peeled.

#240 Armagedon

Armagedon
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 1/2/1/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2123

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:46 PM

You might actually need peels if you get interrupted, how unfortunate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<