pripripriest
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/.
  • LocationDurotar

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:49 PM

I don't see why the whole cryin about seriously.

1) OH SNAP shammy in a stun/silence is fucked. So is Pala, so is Priest (once 3 mins cd PS is gone...and to be fair even with that on now you get shat on...) so is Monk (yeah cocoon jk 2 mins cd jk dispel). Druid is the ecception and as i said in few posts not long ago, when 5.1 nerf on warr/mage dmg hits, you'll see the rise of godmode druids.

2) I agree, maybe this is too much. You actually need to cast now instead of grounding, shock, reptide ns link totem... it's not cool but deal with it. STL totem should be droppable if silenced (not interrupted) like some sorta bubble. Tremor not usable if silenced is not a too bad idea considering you have to waste a silence on a feared target to keep it so. What an op shit is that totem since cataclysm changes

3) Nerf hybrid off heals (starting with shadow priests) and to compensante this silencenototem thing, lower the duration of silences. If you ask me there is far too many and they last for too long. 4 sec blanket cs is a joke

4) the astral shift thingy that reduces dmg should be castable while stunned (like ps) but not silenced (unlike barkskin, well it's 2x dmg reduction. Cd increased to 2mins, a point in the middle between PS and Skin

5) Cryin about earth shield dispells is pathetic. All classes get dispels and the best at it is... YEP shammy. Still you get a lot of other little buff when u cast reptide so takin it off is not even that easy (at least as single cast dispeller). With removal of Glyph of purge and nerf on spellsteal mana cost it should be fine

Oh, btw FORGET ABOUT MASTERY NERF on shammies.. that would affect pve, not gonna happen
----------------
Hàppypiè©

"
The future... seems to me no unified dream but a mince pie, long in the baking, never quite done."
E. Young

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#142 Mavrei

Mavrei
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:51 PM

Posey do me next!  Do me!  Make me feel bad.

#143 Nerfmytotems

Nerfmytotems
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/2/1/0/2
  • RBG: 2007

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:27 PM

View Postpripripriest, on 15 November 2012 - 09:49 PM, said:

I don't see why the whole cryin about seriously.

4) the astral shift thingy that reduces dmg should be castable while stunned (like ps) but not silenced (unlike barkskin, well it's 2x dmg reduction. Cd increased to 2mins, a point in the middle between PS and Skin

Useable while Stunned or Silenced, would make it a little bit better..

Astral Shift is already 2 minutes (which is fine)

You can’t forgot that Priests have spectral guise - usable while stunned, help to avoid some damage or prevent the next cc out of the stun...

Now it is going to be CC the shaman the whole game maybe get a kill

OR  tunnel the shaman for 95% chance to win for a team with a brain cell or 2 (ok maybe little exaggerated but that is going to happen)

-----------------------------------

New Meta game VS Shaman....

ooo sweet shaman on oposite team....

TUNNEL!!!!!!   Wait its patch 5.1 TUNNEL HARDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Win... (Thinks to self - “we had to work to get a kill on a shaman last patch”)

Collect points

Just think of all the melee cleaves now that will have guaranteed wins vs shamans…. Going have to play with mages now or just die…

Can’t even think what it will be like as elemental…..
Playing 3’s as ele…. Says to partner -  "I hope you can global someone… because I won’t even be able to assist now…"

Edited by Nerfmytotems, 15 November 2012 - 10:50 PM.

#144 hotcowz

hotcowz
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:28 PM

Good change. Should have done this seasons ago. Rogue + Fire mage killing a healer in 2.5 seconds whilst in cheapshot or Swifty Macro is a compltely different story and it's not the healer survivability issue.

#145 khuna

khuna
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Assassination 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1942

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:37 PM

its fine you will have 10+seconds to kill him while he wont be able to do anything now dw, even with burning crusade dmg this is overkill

#146 Nerfmytotems

Nerfmytotems
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:41 PM

I dont know if many people have noticed but MOP is all about bringing back BC class mechanics but sugar coating half of them (this is just a quick list of the top of my head)
  • Execute back to good old days or slaying people
  • Warriors munching on peoples faces and nothing you could do about it
  • Shamans used to always have double purge
  • Restokin druids able to assit with DPS
  • Totems not useable while silenced
  • (WOTLK but same thing) DK dispelling hots - now they have purge

You have to remember that shamans never used to be able to place totems while silenced back in BC.... (Worst healer of BC)

They made the changes for WOTLK and made shaman heals competative with every other class,

Cata came out - tremor totem nerf (jokes) made them more noob friendly and countered fear comps harder and we also played with Locks/Rogues ... they had so much control so people couldnt go the shaman.

Shamans strong point has always been keeping other people up and had average defensives (relied on comp hence why never worked with double melee well)  

The shamans problem has always been that shamans were always trainable now this is going to be a joke, especiallywith earth shield dispels too

if you notice most games played now if the team loses it is because of a switch to the shaman... not on one of the dps....

Or if you are playing with reckful... train the shaman all day long...(in current state of the game... not even for 5.1)

Edited by Nerfmytotems, 15 November 2012 - 10:46 PM.

#147 Korzul

Korzul
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Doomhammer
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 2315
  • 3v3: 2744
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 1151

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:43 PM

OH SNAP shammy in a stun/silence is fucked. So is Pala, so is Priest

We have less to use than both those classes after the next patch, with none of the added protection paladins enjoy against melee cleaves.

Nearly every single comp next patch can simply tunnel a shaman to victory. People seem to be pretending killing shaman or their team mates right now is difficult when i've had zero problems with any healer that doesn't have a shadowpriest behind them.

It's going to be super tough guys screaming in vent "POPPING COOLDOWNS AND STUNNING, JUST BLANKET HIS TRINKET AND WE WIN"

Even with the deep set fucking hatred half of you people are displaying for the spec, agreeing that this change is anything but complete stupidity is bollocks. Instead of bullshitting yourself trying to justify the change just man up and admit your going to enjoy watching shamans get crushed easilly by every mouthbreathing comp out there.

#148 Toxile

Toxile
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Aszune
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 2006
  • 3v3: 1931

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:44 PM

Need more changes like this.........

#149 Nerfmytotems

Nerfmytotems
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:51 PM

View PostToxile, on 15 November 2012 - 10:44 PM, said:

Need more changes like this.........

Especially to mages.....

"Cant Blink While Stunned"

That would be the equiv change for a mage...

#150 Rylezlol

Rylezlol
  • Rylez
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 1/2/2/2/1/2
  • RBG: 2381

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:54 PM

doubt this is going live tbh

but obv i hope they do some other kind of nerf 2 shamans. at the moment they are kinda by far the best healer like in cata.

Edited by Rylezlol, 15 November 2012 - 10:55 PM.

#151 Eazymothafukne

Eazymothafukne
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Balance 1/2/2/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 1988
  • 3v3: 2604
  • 5v5: 1152
  • RBG: 957

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:29 PM

This is probably the worst fucking nerf i've ever seen shamans get. Less mobility for enhance ele? So if your healer is full feared from RNG psyfiend you are fucked if you get silenced?? Thank god I don't play a shaman anymore.
http://i.imgur.com/L60huZm.png
150k Shield slam avatar crit. ^

Real gamers unite

#152 Khra

Khra
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Ragnaros
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/2/0/0/2
  • RBG: 959

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:04 AM

Its still on PTR its not final, blizz its gonna revert this change its kinda stupid

#153 pripripriest

pripripriest
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/.
  • LocationDurotar

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:11 AM

Spectral guise... not even sure if srs ...

However "oh no pop all cd stun+silence" kills everything. nerf blanket silence instead of makin god mode shammies. Sadly mastery can't be touched for pve as i said
----------------
Hàppypiè©

"
The future... seems to me no unified dream but a mince pie, long in the baking, never quite done."
E. Young

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#154 breuerx

breuerx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Cenarius
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1944
  • 3v3: 2185
  • RBG: 192

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:40 AM

What did I just read...
Hoz fails with his lock.

#155 Deeklol

Deeklol
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:45 AM

Only make spirit link usable while blanketed
Hey, add me on LoL :)

IGN: Keklyz

#156 Sabyth

Sabyth
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Uldaman
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:55 AM

View Postfabians19, on 16 November 2012 - 12:04 AM, said:

Its still on PTR its not final, blizz its gonna revert this change its kinda stupid
How many retarded changes have we thought this exact same thing before they went live?

I second what many others have said, I don't mind being able to not use totems on a lockout. Blanket silences should not lock out totems. Now to only get Blizz to hear this feedback.

#157 Domesauce

Domesauce
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2098

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:16 AM

View Postpripripriest, on 15 November 2012 - 09:49 PM, said:

1) OH SNAP shammy in a stun/silence is fucked. So is Pala, so is Priest (once 3 mins cd PS is gone...and to be fair even with that on now you get shat on...) so is Monk (yeah cocoon jk 2 mins cd jk dispel). Druid is the ecception and as i said in few posts not long ago, when 5.1 nerf on warr/mage dmg hits, you'll see the rise of godmode druids.

You somehow missed the issue, even as you typed the exact issue.

In stun+silence

Priest - PS+trinket
Druid - skin+trinket
Pala- bubble+trinket
Shaman- trinket

Currently shamans have totems+trinket, and enough totems to really give them 3-4 outs for stun+silence. Druids have displacer and sometimes block, giving them 3-4 outs for stun silence. These are the only 2 good healers atm. Priest/pala have 2 and are pretty trash at staying alive vs anything, after this change shamans will have 1, and be completely useless.

#158 Nearz

Nearz
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Rashgarroth
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:44 AM

Not being able to use healing totem (any sort) while blanket is the worst thing possible.
Shaman won't be able to survive mages, warriors, maybe even rogue, even if they 're not using any sort of cd!

Not being able to use any totem while CS on nature cast seems pretty fair.
But only if damage are toned down a lot for war, mage, demolock...

But seriously, was shaman the class that needed a nerf or the other healers who need a buff?

#159 Nerfmytotems

Nerfmytotems
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:36 AM

View PostNearz, on 16 November 2012 - 01:44 AM, said:

But seriously, was shaman the class that needed a nerf or the other healers who need a buff?

This....

Monks & Priests need buffs!
Pallys, maybe something to help v casters (mages)
Druids are in a good place
Shamans slight tone down.

Or just give everyone another 10% passive resil....(jokes 25 min time out)

#160 Nerfmytotems

Nerfmytotems
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:43 AM

View PostStauss, on 15 November 2012 - 07:55 PM, said:

How do you nerf resto shamans without fucking over ele and enhance? :confused:

They dont care about elemental or enhance in arena, they have tried to tone down resto shamans since WoTLK and ALWAYS they have nerfed All shaman class spells instead of just resto specific.

Its hard to take this any other way, but in blizzards eyes every shaman is Resto for pvp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<