• Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 192

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:55 PM

View Postmnny, on 15 November 2012 - 10:07 AM, said:

LOL KASKA, gtfo

View Postmnny, on 15 November 2012 - 10:07 AM, said:

LOL KASKA, gtfo

maybe if i let you win a few rbgs you will like me?

Edited by hearthadinlol, 15 November 2012 - 01:01 PM.

Posted Image

#103 Ermurazorqt

Ermurazorqt
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 768

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:00 PM

I agree with people saying that this was the wrong change to make since the main issue with Shamans is their retarded strong healing and purge, oh god how double purge should not be a resto shaman spell. I really agree with Raiku in the fact that Shamans are so boring to meet compared to any other healer, especially since Shaman is the easiest healer to play since S9.

Disc priest has had double dispell since the beginning of time and now in MoP they removed it from disc and gave it to Shaman, such a facepalm.

What they need to do is:
- remove double purge glyph
- Increase CD on tremor to 1min - 1min 30 sec
- Nerf healing in some way or remove some major CD since shaman always has some major CD ready.

#104 Fakkaurinsta

Fakkaurinsta
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 0/0/1/1/0/0

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:30 PM

All of the 6 current pages in this thread discusses how OP resto shamans are, and I do agree they are way to strong. A big problem with this change is that it'll affect the two other specs heavily. Ele especially since there is absolutely nothing you can do while stunned/silenced except dropping totems.
I don't look forward to playing ele in 5.1 :(

#105 Rinolduus

Rinolduus
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:30 PM

I've been sugesting making totems behave like spells since WotLK.

BUT I kind of agree with what Dakkroth said:

View PostDakkrothy, on 15 November 2012 - 12:50 AM, said:

I do agree that u should not be able to use totems if you're LOCKED on a cast, so you get punished & need to think twice before you cast.... However, stun followed by a blanket silence kills off any healer right now, if it wasnt for bubble - druid stealth thingy get away - pain suppresion... what is a shaman gonna have to counter that now? NOTHING except for trinket possibly. But you shouldnt have to pop every single cd just because you get stunned followed by a silence.

Make totems behave like divine shield when it comes to silences/interrupts: make them usable while silenced, but not while locked out on nature school.

#106 methodman2

methodman2
  • Mèthøðmåñ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/0/0/0/0
  • RBG: 1147

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:56 PM

when you play with a shaman it's like being in a 6v3. because you are 3x every other healer

#107 mukuld50

mukuld50
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Elemental ./././././.
  • RBG: 2666

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:53 PM

What people really dont pay attention to is shaman mastery, unleashed elements, and everything else that provides a +% healing increase.  That added with the totemic restoration talent is a problem, not totems being castable while locked out.

Now itll be just like an RMP (or any other high burst swap comp) training a paladin... except that... we will have no bubble... and wont be able to use any of our major spells (i.e. huge totems) while dying.  I mean really, all we will have now against any half competent team that has two stuns and a blanket silence (rogue/x/x, mage/x/x, RMP blah blah blah), will be a trinket and battlemasters.

Hey at least this will hopefully make rogues appear back in high end arenas again :)

Edited by mukuld50, 15 November 2012 - 02:54 PM.

#108 lilpe

lilpe
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/0/2/2/0/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:08 PM

resto shamans is good, so lets nerf elemental and enhancement at the same time xDDDDDDDDDDDDDD xDDDDDD xDDDDD
http://www.twitch.tv/lilpelilpe streaming arenas on daily basis. Dont forget to click follow
http://www.youtube.com/lilpelilpe just started to fraps arenas

#109 Quixotic

Quixotic
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 0/1/1/1/0/0
  • LocationGöteborg, Sweden

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:25 PM

with earthshield dispellable in 1 purge too <.< GZ blizzard
For some people awesomeness is only one step away, for me on the other hand i've already crossed that line with a fucking mile.

#110 Nevershock

Nevershock
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:27 PM

View Postmethodman2, on 15 November 2012 - 01:56 PM, said:

when you play with a shaman it's like being in a 6v3. because you are 3x every other healer

Strive to be 3x the player then.

#111 Saikx

Saikx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arcane 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 2137
  • 3v3: 2624
  • RBG: 2184

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:29 PM

Shamans the good old Irelia of WoW, you can nerf the numbers how much you want the kit will always be broken as fuck. Only a nerf to the kit of shamans could break them the neck, gj Blizzard you found what to nerf on Shamans but you nerfed the wrong thing. You just broke them the neck XD

Posted Image

Visit my stream: http://www.twitch.tv/saikx

#112 Nihi

Nihi
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Restoration 0/0/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2383

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:20 PM

good change in my opion

but i'd prefer to see

can't place totems on lockout
but
can place totems on silence

Anyhow I highly doubt that this will go live without a further amendment or a different kind of compensation

Edited by Nihi, 15 November 2012 - 04:20 PM.

#113 Korzul

Korzul
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Doomhammer
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 2315
  • 3v3: 2744
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 1151

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:18 PM

Update time people:

Decided to download the TR and test this out due to some vain hope they'd compensate and make ES undispellable again or something.

Fun things to note:
/script DestroyTotem(2) is now blocked.
However you can still right click the totem to destroy it or recall for the same effect.

Earthshield still vanished in one dispel.

Unleash elements - Currently usable on live when silenced (unusable when successfully interupted) has been changed to be unusable when silenced.

When you get cc'd/silenced etc all your buttons go red.

You can turn off the new banners easilly.

I dueled 3 mages - Noone good was around to test and none of these guys seems to have much knowledge.

Mage 1: Fire - Took me from 100% - 20% in a dragonbreath combust combo, sadly he didn't cs out of the combust stun but i wouldn't have survived it anyway.

Mage 2: Frost - Bomb/deep/blanket - Came out at 5% health - No icey veins or orb was used for this because he'd wasted both previously.
One time this guy actually deeped me and just using lance/ffb took me to 20% by himself. No frost bomb was needed.

Mage 3: Fire - Slightly irrelevant but he did a frostjaw/deep/blanket on me as fire, needless to say all my buttons stayed red from 100%-0

I then proceeded to duel a few other classes for fun and to give me a bit more info about how we'll play out come 5.1.

Oh everyone was in full malevolent, i gemmed quite a chunk of resil and was rolling with around 63.5% damage reduction

Conclusion:
We're actually fucked if this goes live. A good mage sill be soloing your ass paladin style out of any unpeeled deep. You can add on top any warrior/spriest combo, Rogue+x, Mage+x, dk/warrior etc. They will tunnel you into oblivion and you'll sit there staring at red bars wondering what blizzard have been smoking.
You'll also enjoy a pillar of frosted dk who strangs you and pops remorseless. You won't however survive it :<

We can do precisely nothing once your trinkets down, not even unleash anymore. We're now a paladin without the melee defense.

Edited by Korzul, 15 November 2012 - 06:23 PM.

#114 flubbah

flubbah
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 384

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:29 PM

if this shit goes live, there will be no point playing shaman anymore

#115 Eissi

Eissi
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2228

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:36 PM

yeps.. I'd think the double healer setup will be only somewhat viable thing to play if this goes through. you will need another healer to keep you up since u can't do anything yourself after trinket

don't really understand blizzards logic or people who think this is the right thing to do

#116 gbubbah

gbubbah
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 2/2/2/1/0/0

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:07 PM

HAHHA ELE NERFS IM SO FUCKING OP NERF ME HAWEUNDUIABDIAUBDAIUDBAIUBHEQEQ PLEASE

#117 Zeiyo

Zeiyo
  • Junkies

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:14 PM

View Postflubbah, on 15 November 2012 - 06:29 PM, said:

if this shit goes live, there will be no point playing shaman anymore

any shaman spec for that matter

#118 Structural

Structural
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:18 PM

View PostZilea, on 15 November 2012 - 12:28 AM, said:

Okay, I'll bite. Why is it retarded that you can pummel a shaman, counterspell them, blanket silence them, etc and they can still drop grounding totem/healing hide/spirit link/tremor? If I get locked out, I can't even Divine Shield

Yes, it might require shamans needing a change somewhere else, but the above mechanics are poorly designed and the Blizzard change is definitely a good one

Why is it retarded that Holy Paladins can have 3 different CCs that don't DR each other?

#119 djp771133

djp771133
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1524

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:22 PM

Why not just nerf mastery, or the passive healing, or purge, or destroying your own totems...  Of all the nerfs to think of they thought of this.  Yet again, Blizzard goes full retard...

Edited by djp771133, 15 November 2012 - 07:23 PM.

#120 gbubbah

gbubbah
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 2/2/2/1/0/0

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:23 PM

The change makes tremor as an ele nearly useless, being the train target of every comp any half decent team will use one of there thousands of stuns/silences on me with one of their instant unstoppable fears on the healer.  Super excited at the idea of being forced to use my trinket to use my tremor. Or to be forced to trinket a random silence to place my amazing and sole defensive cooldown healing tide totem.

Edited by gbubbah, 15 November 2012 - 07:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<