Dakkrothy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/1/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2484

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:07 AM

So, as I was thinking of how the game could change up a bit to make it more enjoyable for us all I might as well share my thoughts!

WARRIOR changes I'd like to see;

- Reduce the CD on bladestorm from 1.5 min to 35-45 sec cd to make it a much more desirable talent to chose (keep in mind you would replace shockwave for this). With the changes to avatar (removal of undispelable freedom) I think this would be a very viable option for warriors.

Reason: Bladestorm on a low cd gives you much greater mobility and a higher skill-cap level (pre bladestorm cc such as kidney shot, sheeps & what not).

It also makes the enemy team having to think more carefuly with your disarm which also increases their skill cap (e.g using disarm on bladestorm when recklessness hasnt been used yet leaves the warriors to do high amount of dmg after the bladestorm or vice versa but instead makes u able to sit on the target for longer with lower dmg).

During bladestorm u can not do extreme burst either so that would not be a problem.

- Keep the avatar nerf to freedom, having an undispelable freedom was outrageous to begin with.

- Change the gag order glyph in 2 different ways either -
A ) Your heroic throw now silences the target for 3 seconds
B ) Your pummel and heroic throw now silences the target for 3 seconds but ALSO increases the cooldown of your pummel by 5 seconds.

Reason for this is because I think gag order silence brings a higher skill-cap to warriors in general and shouldn't be removed completely.

- Put shockwave on a 30 second cooldown.

Reason: The fact that shockwave DR's itself if used off cool down says enough.

- Change positions of mass reflection & disrupting shout in the talent tree

Reason: Another higher "skill-cap" option I'd like to see in the game, having more abilities that can make a difference if used properly is a bonus - and if the changes above would apply this wouldnt be over the top - In my opinion.

- Make avatar and recklessness on internal CD.

Reason: Cooldown stacking is a major problem in MoP. Having a 50% crit buff ontop of 20% crit dmg & 20% overall damage is WAY over the top. It's too much of a difference between their normal damage and their burst dmg... you have to find a BALANCE to it & putting recklessness & avatar on an internal cd would fix it.

The cd's are Recklessness (+50% crit, 5 min cd) Avatar (+20% damage, 3 min cd) Skull banner (+20% party crit damage, 3 min cd)

This leaves more clutch usage of skull banner which has a 3 min cd and scales extreamly well with recklessness. As a warrior you wouldn't wanna use skull banner without recklessness but instead you can now use it more to benefit your teamates rather than yourself alone (if you want to use it offcd that is).

BUG FIXES;

- Using Safeguard on a target that is not LoS but still in RANGE of you still makes you get out of snares but does not trigger the cooldown of it. Needs a fix asap.

These were all the changes I could think of to warriors for now - can update it with feedback from comments!

SHAMAN changes I'd like to see;

- Glyph of purge -

A ) Now makes your purge remove 2 magic effects of the target but ALSO increases the cd with 5 seconds.
B ) Remove it completely

Reason: It's way too powerful as it is right now. If you leave a shaman alone to purge every global it outweighs a damage dealer in damage per second vs any resto druid team or even rshaman team... (dont even get me started vs disc priest or monk teams). This glyph is the sole reason why teams like 2x healer warrior can become extremely overpowered.

example - http://eu.battle.net...for long games/ (3x ddos losses 1x afk queue loss)

- Remove totemic restoration spec.

Reason: The fact that it affects tremor totem and puts it to a 30 second cooldown makes most fear effects in the game close to worthless against shaman teams (unless u stun/cc them at the same time). If it wasnt for Psyfiend priests might aswell unbind fear unless u play it clutch and switch to shaman with stuns & fear teamates. Warr fear is close to useless. Warlock fearing becomes a hussle with the addition of grounding to worry about. It's way too powerful. Having it on a 1 minute cd baseline is more than fine.

BUG FIXES;

- (irrelevant if change above would go through) but Totemic restoration bugs out when you use a minor glyph that puts down fake totems. Does not always but, but  it happens.

MAGE changes I'd like to see;

-

-

-

-

BUG FIXES;

- Give the mage a channeled castbar for ring of frost already or something similar. Not being able to see it HAS to be a bug

I was only able to give you in-depth thoughts on the classes  I play myself for now...

If you have any feedback regarding class changes OR any comments on my thoughts please list them below & I will react & update the current post!

Edited by Dakkrothy, 14 November 2012 - 10:16 AM.

#2 Rylezlol

Rylezlol
  • Rylez
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 1/2/2/2/1/2
  • RBG: 2381

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:11 AM

warriors got enough utilety. u dont need gag order.   everything else looks fine

Edited by Rylezlol, 14 November 2012 - 10:12 AM.

#3 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:13 AM

add

Warlock:
- increase damage from UA dispel and/or make it give us a shard
- Haunt undispellable

thanks. Healing needs to be adjusted as well but other people can come up with better changes there than I can.

Edited by Thaya, 14 November 2012 - 10:14 AM.

Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#4 Tosan

Tosan
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/0/1/2/1/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:25 AM

HUNTERS:

FIX POWERSHOT BUG PLS  (doesn't do ANYTHING like 1/3 of the time).

Edited by Tosan, 14 November 2012 - 10:26 AM.

#5 Saikx

Saikx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arcane 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 2137
  • 3v3: 2624
  • RBG: 2184

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:27 AM

"A ) Your heroic throw now silences the target for 3 seconds
B ) Your pummel and heroic throw now silences the target for 3 seconds but ALSO increases the cooldown of your pummel by 5 seconds.

Reason for this is because I think gag order silence brings a higher skill-cap to warriors in general and shouldn't be removed completely."

Agree with A), disagree with B ). Gag order on Pummel is the most retarded thing Blizzard could´ve done to a talent ever, even with the +5s CD change Warriors will just chain their Silences + Shockwave + Charge into a target(probably most of the time a healer) until it dies.

Remove gag order from Pummel, other changes are fine.

Edited by Saikx, 14 November 2012 - 10:27 AM.

Posted Image

Visit my stream: http://www.twitch.tv/saikx

#6 latturalol

latturalol
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1875
  • 3v3: 2076
  • 5v5: 288

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:28 AM

View PostRylezlol, on 14 November 2012 - 10:11 AM, said:

warriors got enough utilety. u dont need gag order.   everything else looks fine

This in every single way possible makes a 1500 warrior 1800+ even if he misses every pummel in the game..

#7 Nihi

Nihi
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Restoration 0/0/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2383

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:28 AM

Increase health pool by at least 30% maybe even 50% while leaving dmg and healing the same

I disagree to your gag order change B. Pummel should only lockout or silence if you actually interrupt successfully.

Fakecasting should be relevant

However the importance of fakecasting as a healer has continuously decreased over time.
Why?
1. too many interupts / stuns where implemented
2. changes like gag order glyph

Edited by Nihi, 14 November 2012 - 10:50 AM.

#8 Domesauce

Domesauce
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2098

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:59 AM

I'm more concerned with people doing no damage for 2 minutes and then doing 4 HP bars of damage in 5 seconds, then back to nothing. A lot of these little changes are good but not really relevant at this point.

#9 Jokerplex

Jokerplex
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/0/2/1/1

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:26 AM

Nerf warrior damage
Nerf mage damage
Nerf demo
Nerf spriest

Good game

#10 wtfbro

wtfbro
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/.

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:39 AM

don't know if it's intended or not, but bladestorm can't be disarmed anymore (atleast from my perspective as a spriest).. it just says immune and the warrior keeps storming :|

#11 Naga

Naga
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Blood 0/2/0/0/0/2
  • RBG: 2557

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:47 AM

The best point you (dakkroth) makes, and the thing i agree with the most, is cooldown stacking.
Its sort of like trinket stacking in the old days (vanilla mages with double trinket and pom pyro oneshotting ppl), its the stacking of cooldowns that make's warriors really absurd, the pummel silence, to low cd stun etc dosnt help, but its the insanely bursty dmg with cd's thats beyond retarded imo.

Edited by Naga, 14 November 2012 - 11:59 AM.

Posted Image

#12 Jacquelol

Jacquelol
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1053
  • 3v3: 192
  • LocationNORSWE

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:19 PM

View PostTosan, on 14 November 2012 - 10:25 AM, said:

HUNTERS:

FIX POWERSHOT BUG PLS  (doesn't do ANYTHING like 1/3 of the time).

pmuch this
Jacquel "The Druid" is currently not playing wow.

Shout out too Lunor for being the most amazing friend one can have.

Shout out too Hyuru the most amazing, friendly and nice person ive met on AJ
Shout out too Ardnut the second most amazing and friendly person ive met on AJ
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#13 Zong

Zong
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:18 PM

Yeah Tremor is broken as hell, but Fear is way worse now, come the fuck on. Priests have two seperate instant fears. Warlocks have two seperate instant fears available, both can be instant cast. Warrior cd is 1 min(1.5 in 5.1)

I guess this goes hand in hand with CC just being generally broken but I can't imagine having fun playing any other healer right now, the amount of fears alone you would receive would just be crazy. Not to mention the other CCs...

Bottom line: We need way less CC before nerfs to anti-CC. Tremor is probably the main reason Shamans are so good right now but the core problem of that is the amount of CC's in the game, not the amount of anti-CC's..
Posted ImagePosted Image

• Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:38 PM

View PostZong, on 14 November 2012 - 01:18 PM, said:

Yeah Tremor is broken as hell, but Fear is way worse now, come the fuck on. Priests have two seperate instant fears. Warlocks have two seperate instant fears available, both can be instant cast. Warrior cd is 1 min(1.5 in 5.1)

I guess this goes hand in hand with CC just being generally broken but I can't imagine having fun playing any other healer right now, the amount of fears alone you would receive would just be crazy. Not to mention the other CCs...

Bottom line: We need way less CC before nerfs to anti-CC. Tremor is probably the main reason Shamans are so good right now but the core problem of that is the amount of CC's in the game, not the amount of anti-CC's..

Remove blood fear and the 5.1 nerf to warrior fear and fear is fine. Blood fear is the single stupidest god damn ability I have ever seen in this game, in any season or expansion, but blizzard has said they're fine with the current state of CC, you should just prevent it
apparently. I have also at no point said that we are not against making changes to CC and the dispel system, simply that we are content with where it is right now and for the moment we don't have any plans to change it.

#15 Claynz

Claynz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1344
  • LocationNorway

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:43 PM

If you want to take something from enhance i also think you need to give something, it's kinda on the edge. Even tho i do agree Purge glyph is insanely strong but that's what makes enhance not being at the bottom this season.

#16 Rumiah

Rumiah
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/2/1/2/0
  • RBG: 1150

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:48 PM

View PostJokerplex, on 14 November 2012 - 11:26 AM, said:

Nerf warrior damage
Nerf mage damage
Nerf demo
Nerf spriest

Good game

You forgot shamans

#17 saffie

saffie
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2112

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:25 PM

One thing that bothers me apart from the most obvious problems is how almost nothing ever goes oom. Especially mages spamming spellsteal, shadow priests and moonkins spam healing.

It feels like the only thing that can go oom is warlocks, need to life tap and eat your healers mana instead while every other caster has infinite mana.

#18 Woodyhoho

Woodyhoho
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Brewmaster 1/0/1/2/0/0
  • RBG: 2253

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:27 PM

View Postsaffie, on 14 November 2012 - 05:25 PM, said:

One thing that bothers me apart from the most obvious problems is how almost nothing ever goes oom. Especially mages spamming spellsteal, shadow priests and moonkins spam healing.

It feels like the only thing that can go oom is warlocks, need to life tap and eat your healers mana instead while every other caster has infinite mana.

You are seriously clueless if you think shadow priests who are healing arent going oom...

#19 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 2273
  • 3v3: 2634
  • 5v5: 2359
  • RBG: 2126

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:41 PM

View PostWoodyhoho, on 14 November 2012 - 05:27 PM, said:

You are seriously clueless if you think shadow priests who are healing arent going oom...

They can heal a ton before going oom, and between disperse and that voidling talent thing, they can really get mana back fast.

#20 Shadowtiger

Shadowtiger
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Stormreaver
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:01 PM

I just don't like the fact that it feels like it doesnt mater at all anymore if you are melee or ranged since everything got millions of ways to escape ensnares and slows...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<