Jump to content

Moonkin Expertise and Mage/Moonkin/X?


  • Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Xattie

Xattie
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Jubei'Thos
  • Vengeance
  • Posts: 102
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:28 PM

Hello guys so i finally got my druid to 90, time for a boomkin comeback :D Was wondering about current stats that are optimal for druids.

Optimally after checking out a couple of top druids the stat priorities are

Hit (6%?) -> Haste cap (5300) -> Crit -> Mastery

However i saw a druid getting expertise?! Is expertise needed?

Also, i'm planning to run Moonkin/Mage/X. Which healer do you think is the best for this comp? Shaman or Paladin?

Thanks guys (:

#2 Unni

Unni
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Posts: 3
  • Talents: Restoration 2/0/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1948

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:40 PM

all casters get their expertise converted to hit since mop. so reforging all your hit to expertise would make no difference other than confusing people who dont know about this change :) also you can use the expertise enchant on gloves if youre lacking hit.

Edited by Unni, 13 November 2012 - 01:40 PM.


#3 Xattie

Xattie
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Jubei'Thos
  • Vengeance
  • Posts: 102
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:43 PM

Ohhh i see, so effectively i can just get 6% hit cap and ignore expertise altogether yah?

#4 Zerud

Zerud

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:53 PM

View PostUnni, on 13 November 2012 - 01:40 PM, said:

all casters get their expertise converted to hit since mop. so reforging all your hit to expertise would make no difference other than confusing people who dont know about this change :) also you can use the expertise enchant on gloves if youre lacking hit.
Wow, I had no idea

Thanks for sharing!

#5 Melbyz

Melbyz
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Lightbringer
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Posts: 100
  • Talents: Balance 2/2/0/1/2/2/.
  • 2v2: 2916
  • 3v3: 3073
  • 5v5: 2409
  • RBG: 2316

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:21 PM

View PostXattie, on 13 November 2012 - 01:28 PM, said:

Hello guys so i finally got my druid to 90, time for a boomkin comeback :D Was wondering about current stats that are optimal for druids.

Optimally after checking out a couple of top druids the stat priorities are

Hit (6%?) -> Haste cap (5300) -> Crit -> Mastery

However i saw a druid getting expertise?! Is expertise needed?

Also, i'm planning to run Moonkin/Mage/X. Which healer do you think is the best for this comp? Shaman or Paladin?

Thanks guys (:

No people are retarded. The Expertise is for less dodge/parry chance on your bash if you have it talented and Crit is superior to haste since you rely on heavy starsurge crits and higher procc chance. Peace!

#6 Persidios

Persidios
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Uther
  • Whirlwind
  • Posts: 147
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/0

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:57 PM

Ive reforged everything to crit/mastery and have as little haste as possible. You want more crit for instant starsurges and more mastery for huge bursts during cd's. Haste just doesnt seem worth it in the current gear set to me.

#7 Pandalol

Pandalol
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Posts: 332
  • Talents: Balance 0/0/2/1/2/2
  • RBG: 2357

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:57 AM

View PostPersidios, on 15 November 2012 - 03:57 PM, said:

Ive reforged everything to crit/mastery and have as little haste as possible. You want more crit for instant starsurges and more mastery for huge bursts during cd's. Haste just doesnt seem worth it in the current gear set to me.

Nope.

#8 Xattie

Xattie
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Jubei'Thos
  • Vengeance
  • Posts: 102
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:11 PM

Hey pandamoniumz, i'm pretty much following your gear set/reforges and all, care to explain a little why haste is important? (:

#9 Pandalol

Pandalol
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Posts: 332
  • Talents: Balance 0/0/2/1/2/2
  • RBG: 2357

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:47 PM

View PostXattie, on 16 November 2012 - 03:11 PM, said:

Hey pandamoniumz, i'm pretty much following your gear set/reforges and all, care to explain a little why haste is important? (:

I hardcast quite a bit. Moonkins are unkillable juggernauts this season so I'm not really a viable kill target. 90% of teams ride my sham so I have alot of time to pump out casts/clones. And getting more of those is generally pretty good. Not to mention the whole extra dot tick thing. Get an extra dot/faster ticks = more chances at starsurges. I go crit secondary, dont get me wrong, but getting ~20% haste just seems "right" to me.

#10 Xattie

Xattie
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Jubei'Thos
  • Vengeance
  • Posts: 102
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

Ahhh i see, yeah thats a perfect rationale! Great thanks for the tip (: Appreciate it!

#11 Persidios

Persidios
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Uther
  • Whirlwind
  • Posts: 147
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/0

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:05 PM

I agree that haste is definitely worth it once fully geared, I've found that crit/mastery to be a better mix with low - medium gear levels.

#12 Melbyz

Melbyz
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Lightbringer
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Posts: 100
  • Talents: Balance 2/2/0/1/2/2/.
  • 2v2: 2916
  • 3v3: 3073
  • 5v5: 2409
  • RBG: 2316

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:21 PM

View PostPandalol, on 16 November 2012 - 05:47 PM, said:

I hardcast quite a bit. Moonkins are unkillable juggernauts this season so I'm not really a viable kill target. 90% of teams ride my sham so I have alot of time to pump out casts/clones. And getting more of those is generally pretty good. Not to mention the whole extra dot tick thing. Get an extra dot/faster ticks = more chances at starsurges. I go crit secondary, dont get me wrong, but getting ~20% haste just seems "right" to me.

Shooting Stars:
You have a 30% chance when you deal critical periodic damage with your Moonfire or Sunfire to instantly reset the cooldown of your Starsurge and cause its next cast within 12 sec to be instant.

Therefor crit is superior by far, and for MoP moonkins dmg is increased by 25% + 20% from Incarnation and Nature's Vigil every 3rd min and their main burst in pvp is starsurge procs combind with a normal cast from a wrath or starfire (Depending on eclipse). You will have around 12-17% passive haste with full gear in moonkin form anyway.

#13 Pandalol

Pandalol
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Posts: 332
  • Talents: Balance 0/0/2/1/2/2
  • RBG: 2357

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:23 PM

View PostMelbyz, on 17 November 2012 - 05:21 PM, said:

Shooting Stars:
You have a 30% chance when you deal critical periodic damage with your Moonfire or Sunfire to instantly reset the cooldown of your Starsurge and cause its next cast within 12 sec to be instant.

Therefor crit is superior by far, and for MoP moonkins dmg is increased by 25% + 20% from Incarnation and Nature's Vigil every 3rd min and their main burst in pvp is starsurge procs combind with a normal cast from a wrath or starfire (Depending on eclipse). You will have around 12-17% passive haste with full gear in moonkin form anyway.

Thank you for quoting my own abilities to me. Always have had trouble reading. With haste, you have an extra tick/faster ticks, which equals more chances at CRITICALS. And with crit secondary i have a decent enough chance to crit anyway. Haste just improves quality of life by a large margin.

#14 Xattie

Xattie
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Jubei'Thos
  • Vengeance
  • Posts: 102
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:29 AM

i see, thanks for your input guys! Really helpful and appreciate it (: Can i by any chance get your armory link tho melby? :D would help tons! Thanks!

#15 Supatease

Supatease
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 138
  • Talents: Feral 2/2/2/1/2/0/.
  • 2v2: 2365
  • 3v3: 2761
  • 5v5: 2319
  • RBG: 2309

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:59 AM

Moonkins are the jack of all trades yet masters of none.

Mages - Have higher single target burst and it happens WAY more often.

Warlocks - Have way higher aoe pressure and defensive cds.

Spriests - Have way higher defensive capabilties for their allies and themselves.

Moonkins - Have 2/3rds to a half of the power of each of those classes, making them obsolete most often when an opposing team has one paired with another or paired with warrior.

TBH after playing a little bit of this expansion I feel moonkins are in a worse position than they were for cata. They also feel way more gimicky and just as "skilless" as in cata, relying on a 1 hit wonder crit with all your cds is a little bogus when a mage can do it every 10 seconds and you can only do it every 3 minutes and theres still a chance you won't.

I'd recomend rerolling mage, demo lock or spriest if you want to do good.

My 2 cents.
Posted Image

#16 Melbyz

Melbyz
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Lightbringer
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Posts: 100
  • Talents: Balance 2/2/0/1/2/2/.
  • 2v2: 2916
  • 3v3: 3073
  • 5v5: 2409
  • RBG: 2316

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:47 AM

View PostXattie, on 18 November 2012 - 06:29 AM, said:

i see, thanks for your input guys! Really helpful and appreciate it (: Can i by any chance get your armory link tho melby? :D would help tons! Thanks!
Why not, http://eu.battle.net...nd/Melby/simple

#17 Xattie

Xattie
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Jubei'Thos
  • Vengeance
  • Posts: 102
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:57 PM

Hey melby/Padamoniumz, thanks for your input! i completely understand what you guys mean and the differing playstyles you guys prefer. Just a question tho, i'm gonna be running boomkin/mage, which setup do you think will be superior? Stacking haste as primary stat like pandamoniumz does or stacking crit as a primary stat? Thanks for your help guys (:

#18 Hotted

Hotted
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kargath
  • Vindication
  • Posts: 1636
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/2/2
  • RBG: 2295
  • LocationVenezuela

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:27 PM

View PostPandalol, on 16 November 2012 - 05:47 PM, said:

I hardcast quite a bit. Moonkins are unkillable juggernauts this season so I'm not really a viable kill target. 90% of teams ride my sham so I have alot of time to pump out casts/clones. And getting more of those is generally pretty good. Not to mention the whole extra dot tick thing. Get an extra dot/faster ticks = more chances at starsurges. I go crit secondary, dont get me wrong, but getting ~20% haste just seems "right" to me.
Pretty much this
Spoiler


Posted Image
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/hotted89
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hotted89
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/hotted89
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/hotted89

#19 Persidios

Persidios
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Uther
  • Whirlwind
  • Posts: 147
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/0

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:57 AM

I tried gearing haste (to cap) > crit > mastery on TR and I lose like 6% mastery and some crit compared to going all crit > mastery.

Personally I feel haste is just not good enough right now with the current gear set.

Can someone show me some numbers? I just feel like haste is not worth it at all? Maybe im wrong?

#20 Pandalol

Pandalol
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Posts: 332
  • Talents: Balance 0/0/2/1/2/2
  • RBG: 2357

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:32 AM

View PostPersidios, on 21 November 2012 - 03:57 AM, said:

I tried gearing haste (to cap) > crit > mastery on TR and I lose like 6% mastery and some crit compared to going all crit > mastery.

Personally I feel haste is just not good enough right now with the current gear set.

Can someone show me some numbers? I just feel like haste is not worth it at all? Maybe im wrong?

Its not a math and numbers thing. Having like no haste feels awful.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<