#1 Hendie

Hendie
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:06 AM

Some people will probably say Godcomp, but at the moment with all the demo locks/shammy/x it seems shammy is better than druid for this comp.

Ele/sp/healer is better with a pala
Shadowplay better with a shammy
KFC better with shammy/pala
SP/warr/shammy...
Warr/mage/shammy...

I cant seem to think of any comp which is better with a druid healer, any thoughts?
www.twitch.tv/Hendiee

#2 Ariyia

Ariyia
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Restoration 2/0/2/1/2/0
  • RBG: 960

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:05 PM

View PostHendie, on 11 November 2012 - 11:06 AM, said:

Some people will probably say Godcomp, but at the moment with all the demo locks/shammy/x it seems shammy is better than druid for this comp.

Ele/sp/healer is better with a pala
Shadowplay better with a shammy
KFC better with shammy/pala
SP/warr/shammy...
Warr/mage/shammy...

I cant seem to think of any comp which is better with a druid healer, any thoughts?

You are right...

Edit:

I really don't think Druid is going to be t 1 again, as long as Warlocks keep their instant fear.
Rdruids get raped so hard from insta fear, and shamans with 30sec tremor are just 10000x times better in every comp.

Edited by Ariyia, 11 November 2012 - 02:40 PM.

#3 TteSPORTSDoomsen

TteSPORTSDoomsen
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2250
  • 3v3: 3104
  • RBG: 2632
  • LocationTyskland

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:23 PM

Honestly, Druid is still the best one for Shatterplay. Shaman is pretty much better in any other comp but right now, where warriors are way over the top and every second team has a warrior in ,druid cc is quite useful. getting a kill with a shaman healer seems to be way harder.

Edited by TteSPORTSDoomsen, 11 November 2012 - 01:24 PM.

#4 Hendie

Hendie
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:05 PM

View PostAriyia, on 11 November 2012 - 01:05 PM, said:

You are right...

Edit:

I really don't think Druid is going to be t 1 again, as long as Warlocks keep their instant fear.
Rdruids get raped so hard from insta fear, and shamans with 30sec tremor are just 10000x times better in every comp.

Aye fully agree about this, we are forced to play with either a mage or priest at the moment, for dispells or block.

and doomsenx i have to disagree after 70% of teams in our last session had a demo lock/shammy/x which fucks godcomp up quite a bit, i see the tremor and purges being alot more benefical for kills/surviving.
www.twitch.tv/Hendiee

#5 pripripriest

pripripriest
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/.
  • LocationDurotar

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:18 PM

you forgot to mention Disc Priests.. they are over the roof atm !
----------------
Hàppypiè©

"
The future... seems to me no unified dream but a mince pie, long in the baking, never quite done."
E. Young

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 phunk

phunk
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/2/1/0/0

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:03 PM

View Postpripripriest, on 11 November 2012 - 06:18 PM, said:

quit whining already I'm so tired of complains and whine, change spec to shadow or reroll untill the spec you like works again. whining on this forum doesn't help anyway

#7 pripripriest

pripripriest
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationDurotar

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:16 PM

View Postphunk, on 11 November 2012 - 07:03 PM, said:

quit whining already I'm so tired of complains and whine, change spec to shadow or reroll untill the spec you like works again. whining on this forum doesn't help anyway

are you mad or smtg?

Edited by pripripriest, 11 November 2012 - 09:18 PM.

----------------
Hàppypiè©

"
The future... seems to me no unified dream but a mince pie, long in the baking, never quite done."
E. Young

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 Hendie

Hendie
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:43 AM

View Postpripripriest, on 11 November 2012 - 06:18 PM, said:

No need to cry about discs in the druid forum thx.

But also RMP is prob the best comp for rogue/mage/x if played correct.
www.twitch.tv/Hendiee

#9 TteSPORTSDoomsen

TteSPORTSDoomsen
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • 2v2: 2250
  • 3v3: 3104
  • RBG: 2632
  • LocationTyskland

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:39 PM

View PostHendie, on 11 November 2012 - 05:05 PM, said:

and doomsenx i have to disagree after 70% of teams in our last session had a demo lock/shammy/x which fucks godcomp up quite a bit, i see the tremor and purges being alot more benefical for kills/surviving.

Hm, I get your point but I think, that Shaman would only help out the survivibility part and not really the kill part. The Shaman could help with purging Demon Soul but  both SPriest and Mage should always stay ready to spellsteal/dispel it.

#10 pripripriest

pripripriest
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationDurotar

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:06 PM

View PostHendie, on 12 November 2012 - 10:43 AM, said:

No need to cry about discs in the druid forum thx.

But also RMP is prob the best comp for rogue/mage/x if played correct.

no mate i wasn't cryin.. i was enjoyin very much your rant about druids due to the fact shammies are, if possible, even more op. What else do you need this time ? You got :

- retarded hot healing (swappable now, yep it's true). Awesome how unlike most classes (dispel shield, earth shiled, pala absorption, monk cocoon) if your lifebloom is dispelled it blooms and gets u mana/ur target heals
- swiftmend and ns with very short cd
- tree of skills where you sit on a broccoliform and spam regrowth while being immortal
- travel form that makes you move away from trouble removes snares or roots and makes you immune to poly effect. castable while silenced
- Melee problems ? typhone (usable on any form and can interrupt casts too)
- Roots spam which, with the nerf on dispel system, are some kinda insane cc on melees (can't be that good vs palas)
- Clone spam.. best CC in game without sorta doubts
- Pick among Aoe blind that doesn't break on dots, 5 secs stuns instant or the aoe gripinoneplace thingy ... which seems to be good on some rbg
- Infinite mana... cause ooming is truly not an option. Also known as spam gem pvp power for even better heals
- Symbiosis.. Having ferals bubbling or restos ice blockin is just pathetic...
- best defencive dispel in game out of questions: you take poisons magic and curses all in 1 button.
- Desplaced beast or whatever the name is ... most retarded spell in game EVER. Blink + stealth every 30 secs... do i really need to comment this ?
- Fairy fire... rapes rogue with 1 button .. wasn't that amazing with normal dispel mechanics.. jk 8 secs cd..

regardless all this, you even manage to rant on your forum...

this said you asked if you are top notch healer for most of comps. I believe it really depends on your team playstyle. Shammy can grant some better surv but druid can grant Infinitely better cc possibly used even offencively (you can potentially cc the whole team just by urself). You have, if used properly, a FAR better dmg assist in cat form compared to shammy. I think ppl truly underestimate this but resto druids in cat form on cds do amazing dmg which can really turn the table for your team. Shammy dmg assist is rather shit tbh.
Both classes (shammy and druid) needs to be toned down by FAR. some mechanics are outdated and needs to be reverted/removed cause they don't fit anymore on the current status of the game.

hope you liked this answer better than what you called "cryin about disc" altho i truly suspect you just miss druid godmode state that you had in pre cata.. and just can't cope with that
----------------
Hàppypiè©

"
E. Young

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#11 Hendie

Hendie
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:14 PM

I can tell that you have no idea what your talking about im not even going to reply to your indivdual points in your wall of text. I was in no way ranting (im actually having alot of fun playing rdruid at the moment) i was after some discussion.

Sup guys just going to go cat form in 3v3 and start nuking, damn resto druids so good.

Edit: You have also derailed from the topic, crying about disc and listing some of the druids abilities and having a personal attack at me is nothing to do with "is druid best for any comp"

Edited by Hendie, 12 November 2012 - 02:20 PM.

www.twitch.tv/Hendiee

#12 Top

• Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:50 PM

View PostHendie, on 11 November 2012 - 05:05 PM, said:

Ditto...getting frustrated with the new fotm demo lock emergence.   Seems like the only games we're losing lately are to demo lock groups -_-.  Warlocks rise to the top once again and with that comes the shaman.

#13 pripripriest

pripripriest
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationDurotar

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:51 PM

View PostHendie, on 12 November 2012 - 02:14 PM, said:

I can tell that you have no idea what your talking about im not even going to reply to your indivdual points in your wall of text. I was in no way ranting (im actually having alot of fun playing rdruid at the moment) i was after some discussion.

Sup guys just going to go cat form in 3v3 and start nuking, damn resto druids so good.

this sums it up for you :

Posted Image
----------------
Hàppypiè©

"
E. Young

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#14 ApplejackxD

ApplejackxD
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Discipline
  • RBG: 2371

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:55 PM

View Postphunk, on 11 November 2012 - 07:03 PM, said:

What's wrong with you?! Let people complain if they want to, maybe we disc priests don't want to play DPS? Nobody ever flamed Minpojke when he was sad about druids being bad in cata, and nobody should!
Posted Image

#15 Top

• Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:11 PM

I think you two clicked the wrong forum.  The one for priest QQ is labeled "Priest" not "Druid". the picture is funny though :duckers:

#16 Chaals

Chaals
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • 2v2: 2749
  • 3v3: 3074
  • 5v5: 2701
  • RBG: 2144

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:31 PM

Currently playing enhance, warrior, resto druid on 2550mmr and can't really think it would be better with any other healer atm. With 30 sec cd tremor totem from enhance I'm hardly ever in long cc chains. Enhance needs alot of peels since they are still kinda weak against melees. Other healers cant really peel melees from enhance but druids with roots & clones can easily peel a warrior off from enha and druid also gives shitloads of offensive cc for that comp, clone, bash, 1min cd solar beam for enha/1min cd fear from warr with symbiosis.

#17 dverik

dverik
  • Locationswe

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:41 PM

View Postpripripriest, on 12 November 2012 - 02:51 PM, said:

Please stop.

#18 Chaals

Chaals
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • 2v2: 2749
  • 3v3: 3074
  • 5v5: 2701
  • RBG: 2144

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

View Postpripripriest, on 12 November 2012 - 02:51 PM, said:

Posted Image
he mad when resto druid critted him for 130k+ in 2s? :(

#19 scottsteiner

scottsteiner
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Elemental 2/1/0/2/1/2
  • RBG: 192

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:56 PM

Remove symbiosis from arena and druids would be alot more balanced. Well maybe not remove but the spell should come with some sort of down side IE; resto druid can swap for mage iceblock but now mage no longer has iceblock. This would make it a huge descion to use symbiosis or not.

Seriously take a step back and realize that symbiosis is probaly the best spell in the game.

#20 Ariyia

Ariyia
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Restoration 2/0/2/1/2/0
  • RBG: 960

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:13 PM

View Postpripripriest, on 12 November 2012 - 02:06 PM, said:

no mate i wasn't cryin.. i was enjoyin very much your rant about druids due to the fact shammies are, if possible, even more op. What else do you need this time ? You got :

- retarded hot healing (swappable now, yep it's true). Awesome how unlike most classes (dispel shield, earth shiled, pala absorption, monk cocoon) if your lifebloom is dispelled it blooms and gets u mana/ur target heals
- swiftmend and ns with very short cd
- tree of skills where you sit on a broccoliform and spam regrowth while being immortal
- travel form that makes you move away from trouble removes snares or roots and makes you immune to poly effect. castable while silenced
- Melee problems ? typhone (usable on any form and can interrupt casts too)
- Roots spam which, with the nerf on dispel system, are some kinda insane cc on melees (can't be that good vs palas)
- Clone spam.. best CC in game without sorta doubts
- Pick among Aoe blind that doesn't break on dots, 5 secs stuns instant or the aoe gripinoneplace thingy ... which seems to be good on some rbg
- Infinite mana... cause ooming is truly not an option. Also known as spam gem pvp power for even better heals
- Symbiosis.. Having ferals bubbling or restos ice blockin is just pathetic...
- best defencive dispel in game out of questions: you take poisons magic and curses all in 1 button.
- Desplaced beast or whatever the name is ... most retarded spell in game EVER. Blink + stealth every 30 secs... do i really need to comment this ?
- Fairy fire... rapes rogue with 1 button .. wasn't that amazing with normal dispel mechanics.. jk 8 secs cd..

regardless all this, you even manage to rant on your forum...

this said you asked if you are top notch healer for most of comps. I believe it really depends on your team playstyle. Shammy can grant some better surv but druid can grant Infinitely better cc possibly used even offencively (you can potentially cc the whole team just by urself). You have, if used properly, a FAR better dmg assist in cat form compared to shammy. I think ppl truly underestimate this but resto druids in cat form on cds do amazing dmg which can really turn the table for your team. Shammy dmg assist is rather shit tbh.
Both classes (shammy and druid) needs to be toned down by FAR. some mechanics are outdated and needs to be reverted/removed cause they don't fit anymore on the current status of the game.

hope you liked this answer better than what you called "cryin about disc" altho i truly suspect you just miss druid godmode state that you had in pre cata.. and just can't cope with that

View Postscottsteiner, on 12 November 2012 - 04:56 PM, said:

Remove symbiosis from arena and druids would be alot more balanced. Well maybe not remove but the spell should come with some sort of down side IE; resto druid can swap for mage iceblock but now mage no longer has iceblock. This would make it a huge descion to use symbiosis or not.

Seriously take a step back and realize that symbiosis is probaly the best spell in the game.

You two have basically no idea of the game right now, if you seriously think you can ever go dps mode as Druid , then you are already winning anyways.
If you are not playing with a Mage and/or Priest or without Symbiosis you would basically die instantly to every meele cleave in the game.
And I don't think Rdruids are bad, they will just never be a T1 healer again due to the fact that as long as lock is viable we are useless.

Edited by Ariyia, 12 November 2012 - 05:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<