#1 sammyjo06

sammyjo06
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Black Dragonflight
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:24 AM

I'm playing with a rogue right now. I know rogues aren't the best right now, but we're trying to make it work for fun. Anyways, almost every match I just cannot get out any damage. I'm almost full deadly, and I've gone for pvp power gems and reforging to haste in my gear, getting all socket bonuses. I have 6.14% hit.

I am using all the tools in my box...Spectral guise on stuns, getting fears off, using fade to drop slows or avoid casts, using my pet either to peel or to range fear people, etc. But we're just rarely getting the kill (we've played around 90 games and lost as many as we've won).

Here's how the match goes most of the time:

1) Rogue and I go out in his aoe stealth thing
2) Rogue saps something (usually the healer on a healer/dps team)
3) I stand next to the sapped thing if possible and mindblast to get my first orb. I then apply dots.
4) I fear whatever was sapped if I'm next to it, if this is not possible I will sometimes silence it or it'll get a blind, depending on the situation. Either way, usually there is a sap > fear > blind > fear > silence > occasionally another sap in some order.
5) I put my pet on the kill target, keep dots up, mb on cd, have power auras to tell me when I get instant procs, use my on-use sp trinket with 3x dp, and mind flay when all else fails.

The health bar just doesn't move when I'm on someone, and my rogue partner usually ends up doing 3-4x my damage....As in, we'll win and he'll have done 600k to my 250k, give or take based on how long the match was.

This doesn't change regardless of who is focused. They focus me, he does more damage, they focus him, he still does more damage. It also is regardless of the class (plate vs cloth, for example). Obviously pvp is not a dps contest, but we are often losing due to my lack of offensive pressure.

What am I doing wrong? Why does my dps suck? Should I be mind spiking more? I typically only mind spike if I get the instant proc that doesn't remove dots or if I failed to juke and we need to get the kill. Should I not be mind blasting on cd? Should I be popping sp trinket earlier? Should I not be gemming for pvp power (I am gemming according to a 2400 rated spriest)?

#2 Canadianpimp_613638

Canadianpimp_613638
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Discipline 2/2/1/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1822

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:53 AM

From the way you describe it, it sounds like you aren't doing much wrong. I personally like to start out with a VT, then Mind Blast, but it's preference I guess. The only thing you didn't mention was using Halo as a source of damage. It you have the mana to afford to Halo someone at max range, it's definitely worth it as it does ~50k at max range. You also should be dotting the off target as well when you have time just because that can generate more Mind Spike and MB procs which ultimately lead to more dmg output on your kill target. Just chain CC like it seems like you already are and you should land kills if you coordinate your bursts together.

#3 deprivelol

deprivelol

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:00 PM

o hey enzymez i c u creepin

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Shadow priest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users