• Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:28 PM

I'm on board with all of ^ changes

Posted Image
[18:31:47][W:From] [Shinyz]: say: "my cat died i gotta leave to burn it" then come to my cnanel and ill protect u  
[18:31:50][W:From] [Shinyz]: aight qt?

#42 Shadowtiger

Shadowtiger
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Stormreaver
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:29 PM

My pet dies every fight vs. SP mage druid in <1 sec after the swap on it

Edit: IF I'D KNOW WHERE THE FUCKING RETARDS WHO DESIGN THIS GAME LIVES I'D KILL THEM

Edited by Shadowtiger, 17 November 2012 - 07:30 PM.

#43 idevpro

idevpro
  • Junkies

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:48 AM

1 more thing many ppl may haven't noticed, BM has passive thing that ur pet have 15% chance to restore you 20 focus, do you know that this works with Stampede pets? you can basically get insta 100 focus, i basically use stampede when im short on focus and i want to spam smth. Just proves how BM & stampede are so much working together.

Also is it only me or flare bugs many times? u throw it u dont see animation or effect, and it doesn't get ppl out of stealth.

Edited by idevpro, 19 November 2012 - 01:15 PM.

Posted Image

#44 Eminemqt

Eminemqt
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 2/0/1/2/1/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:59 PM

View Postidevpro, on 19 November 2012 - 08:48 AM, said:

Also is it only me or flare bugs many times? u throw it u dont see animation or effect, and it doesn't get ppl out of stealth.

If I'm not mistaken, that's only when you LoS after you cast the flare to its position? Or is it different? I don't know its a stupid bug anyways having to stay in LoS to get flare to work.

Anyways Blizzard is fucking ignorant so I doubt any of this will go through sadly. What goes on in the designer's minds, I'll never understand.

#45 Tosan

Tosan
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/0/1/2/1/0

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:13 PM

View PostEminemqt, on 19 November 2012 - 12:59 PM, said:

If I'm not mistaken, that's only when you LoS after you cast the flare to its position? Or is it different? I don't know its a stupid bug anyways having to stay in LoS to get flare to work.

You're right about this . If you cast a flare and then LoS the location before it lands, it will bug out :(  Takes some getting used to but it's not a huge deal once you know about it (though it still should be fixed, but never will).

#46 idevpro

idevpro
  • Junkies

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:15 PM

imo R I P hunters 5.1, nothing is gonna get fixed/changed.
Posted Image

#47 Tosan

Tosan
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:16 PM

View PostRagerlis, on 16 November 2012 - 08:43 AM, said:

Power shot is crap no matter what, low dps, the knockback isn't that good for burst/kill setup moments, the cast is just horrendous, and its a skill shot.

Meh the knockback can either be useless, slightly detrimental or amazing depending on situation.

The damage of powershot is actually high as fuck if it crits with rapid fire up.  The issue is without rapid fire it's hard to get the cast off and if it doesn't crit, WITHOUT trinket/rapid fire up, it's pretty marginal damage against some classes.

It does own squishier classes though, I've seen 150-160k crits on clothies with T1 weap.

#48 Tosan

Tosan
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:17 PM

View PostHiddenstalke, on 16 November 2012 - 10:27 AM, said:

there should be glyph of powershot where it removes knockback or can't aoe hit cc-ed targets.

Glyphs are a terrible solution to problems ;P  It should ignore CC'd targets regardless.  At first I thought it didn't ignore them due to PvE (people want to AoE in pve right, and why ignore RoF targets right??), but thinking about it, how often are trash aoe mobs CC'd where you'd WANT to break the CC?  Just RoF I can think of.....so I don't think ignoring CC'd targets would hurt it badly in PvE at all...

#49 Tosan

Tosan
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:19 PM

@Griever: Interesting ideas, kinda like the "powered up" shots idea.  Though I don't mind the way it currently works either, as long as they give rid of the stupid "skill shot" aim bullshit, it is so clunky with wow mechanics.

#50 Shadowtiger

Shadowtiger
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Stormreaver
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:27 PM

and rapid fire as the only "big cooldown" for MM hunters, compared to every single other class is just shit

#51 Jokerplex

Jokerplex
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/0/2/1/1

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:32 PM

I dont think hunter damage is bad, its just other classes are retarded.

Im constantly coming top of arena scoreboards in damage, we are just lacking proper reliable burst, not having to rely on crits. (hunterlyf)

#52 Hiddenstalke

Hiddenstalke
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/2/0/0/1/.
  • 2v2: 2701
  • 3v3: 2872
  • 5v5: 2326
  • RBG: 1909

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:14 PM

View PostJokerplex, on 19 November 2012 - 07:32 PM, said:

Im constantly coming top of arena scoreboards in damage, we are just lacking proper reliable burst, not having to rely on crits. (hunterlyf)
Powershot should have 100% crit chance
Aimed shot proc should have 100% crit chance
Chimera should have bit increased crit chance.
Think that will fix our rng part - altho i think then it would be better to reforge mastery or even haste maybe?(cast faster dem steadies for those procs! Or even faster Powershot cast^^ )
www.twitch.tv/hiddenstalkeeu

#53 GrieverZ

GrieverZ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Thaurissan
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1698
  • 3v3: 2495
  • 5v5: 1335
  • RBG: 192

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:31 PM

View PostTosan, on 19 November 2012 - 01:19 PM, said:

@Griever: Interesting ideas, kinda like the "powered up" shots idea.  Though I don't mind the way it currently works either, as long as they give rid of the stupid "skill shot" aim bullshit, it is so clunky with wow mechanics.
I agree with the "skill shot" part being completly stupid, it doesn't work with WoW's engine whatsoever, and what class has to deal with that bullshit anyway? Besides the ability has such a long cast time, wich makes that mechanic even worse.

Other reason i don't like the current power shot is because of how redundant it is with Aimed Shot. Same problem with Kill Command/Blink Strike. We have enough keybind as is, and enough abilities that either really don't do much, or are insanely situational (Snake Trap, Widow Venom, Scare Beast, to name a few). Having very similar abilities on top of that is just dumb, just feels like Blizzard has a very hard time to come with creative abilities for Hunters, unlike Warlocks or Mages for example.

As bad as Aion was, i really really miss the Ranger class from that game.

And to be honest, outside Camo openers, how do you even get powershot off atm? :/

It feels like every single team tries to train me to death unless they swap to global my healer. Near impossible for me to get a 3 seconds cast off unless i have RF up.

Edited by GrieverZ, 19 November 2012 - 09:32 PM.

#54 Jokerplex

Jokerplex
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/0/2/1/1

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:30 PM

No, i dont think it should have 100% crit chance,

Hunters just need more crit chance (Agility class having less crit then strength classes lol)

Chimera needs to do more base damage, crit damage is fine.

mastery needs to change to maybe increase crit chance with chimera shot and powershot? But saying that the amount of damage wild quiver does is alot. you just dont notice it.

#55 lobster

lobster
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:24 PM

monks have a skillshot

Posted Image
[18:31:47][W:From] [Shinyz]: say: "my cat died i gotta leave to burn it" then come to my cnanel and ill protect u  
[18:31:50][W:From] [Shinyz]: aight qt?

#56 bblueberry

bblueberry
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Destromath
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Marksmanship 0/0/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2015

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:55 PM

its so depressing that wls and mages are better again :-/

#57 Tosan

Tosan
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:46 AM

View PostShadowtiger, on 19 November 2012 - 02:27 PM, said:

and rapid fire as the only "big cooldown" for MM hunters, compared to every single other class is just shit

Yeah tbh it should be 2 minutes, and/or Readiness needs to be 3 minutes again....

#58 Tosan

Tosan
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:49 AM

View PostJokerplex, on 19 November 2012 - 07:32 PM, said:

Yup.  People complain about the damage but DPS wise we're pretty good, just hard to have reliable burst especially when Rapid Fire is a 3 min CD, Readiness is 5, and Powershot->Chimera is our only reliable burst BUT LONG COOLDOWNS + POWERSHOT ALMOST NEVER WORKS (let alone the chance to actually crit being low) is just a bad combination, makes our burst so unreliable.  Powershot HITS pretty hard tbh, Powershot->Chimera non crit isn't bad burst even without rapid fire/trinket, it's decent, it's just that powershot is so damn unreliable.  17%~ crit chance,  1 min CD,  HUGE chance to just fail.......

Reduce Readiness/Rapid Fire CD's and make powershot work like Aimed shot -> Hunter problems mostly solved.

#59 Tosan

Tosan
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:52 AM

View PostGrieverZ, on 19 November 2012 - 09:31 PM, said:

I agree with the "skill shot" part being completly stupid, it doesn't work with WoW's engine whatsoever, and what class has to deal with that bullshit anyway? Besides the ability has such a long cast time, wich makes that mechanic even worse.

Other reason i don't like the current power shot is because of how redundant it is with Aimed Shot. Same problem with Kill Command/Blink Strike. We have enough keybind as is, and enough abilities that either really don't do much, or are insanely situational (Snake Trap, Widow Venom, Scare Beast, to name a few). Having very similar abilities on top of that is just dumb, just feels like Blizzard has a very hard time to come with creative abilities for Hunters, unlike Warlocks or Mages for example.

As bad as Aion was, i really really miss the Ranger class from that game.

And to be honest, outside Camo openers, how do you even get powershot off atm? :/

It feels like every single team tries to train me to death unless they swap to global my healer. Near impossible for me to get a 3 seconds cast off unless i have RF up.

I agree.  I don't mind Powershot being hard to get off without Rapid Fire though, as long as it's adequately rewarding (I've gotten like 50-75k hits with T1 weapon so it's definitely not bad).  The problem is this HUGE chance of just failing and doing absolutely nothing ruins it.  I think Powershot is a great ability without the random miss chance.

#60 Shadowtiger

Shadowtiger
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Stormreaver
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:17 PM

View PostTosan, on 23 November 2012 - 02:46 AM, said:

Yeah tbh it should be 2 minutes, and/or Readiness needs to be 3 minutes again....

I honestly don't even think that's the problem, I feel like the biggest issue is that rapid fire, compared to pretty much every other "big cooldown" is so damn weak. I mean seriously, try comparing it with avatar/reckless/dark soul/whatnot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<