#101 lobster

lobster
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:33 PM

you spit acid with steady focus and rapid fire up ...  you shoot fast as fuck.

Posted Image
[18:31:47][W:From] [Shinyz]: say: "my cat died i gotta leave to burn it" then come to my cnanel and ill protect u  
[18:31:50][W:From] [Shinyz]: aight qt?

#102 idevpro

idevpro
  • Junkies

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:55 PM

BM dmg is just way too much, blink strike 130k on mage, 55k kill command non crit... way less cds, 1 min cc breaker, pet stun, MUCH more focus regen = more tranq shots, way reliable dmg.

MM still doesn't give you any extras as a different spec. So BM still wins
Posted Image

#103 Shadowtiger

Shadowtiger
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Stormreaver
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:34 AM

biggest issue as MM is probably that steady shot crits for what, 9k?

#104 Tosan

Tosan
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/0/1/2/1/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:38 AM

View Postidevpro, on 28 November 2012 - 10:55 PM, said:

BM dmg is just way too much, blink strike 130k on mage, 55k kill command non crit... way less cds, 1 min cc breaker, pet stun, MUCH more focus regen = more tranq shots, way reliable dmg.

MM still doesn't give you any extras as a different spec. So BM still wins
Except that BM is unplayable against high end wizards, pet is CC'd/killed for days.

Edited by Tosan, 29 November 2012 - 01:38 AM.

#105 Ragerlis

Ragerlis
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Nemesis
  • Rampage
  • RBG: 576

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:06 AM

View PostTosan, on 29 November 2012 - 01:38 AM, said:

Except that BM is unplayable against high end wizards, pet is CC'd/killed for days.

This, BM lose against anyone who CC your pet, of course zerg setups like kfc works with BM, but if you fail to burst someone down(aka warrior cds) prepare to lose, especially now with weapon pvp power buff, mages and others can zerg you pet down easily without using CD's.

And peeling you is way easier, CC pet until DR, cc hunter until DR.

#106 lobster

lobster
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:42 AM

yah any team past 1800 that sees a bm hunter will just kill your pet twice and collect their points. or your healer goes oom healing your squishy as fuck pet ... and then they collect their points.  If you're pet is living and you're high rated it's through shear awfulness of your competition not any pet control skill you may have

Posted Image
[18:31:47][W:From] [Shinyz]: say: "my cat died i gotta leave to burn it" then come to my cnanel and ill protect u  

#107 Kettu

Kettu
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Dunemaul
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/2/0/2/0
  • RBG: 960
  • LocationKuwait

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:59 AM

@ the people saying Powershot should have a lower cast time / being able to cast it on the move

Go check out what it was like trying to get an aimed shot cast off in TBC against melee classes tunneling you. Now you can shoot them in the face from melee range, stop whining really.

@ the people saying Powershot should have a 100% crit chance / do more dmg

It's the hardest hitting ability in game. Are you serious this isn't enough?

Posted Image
(Powershot+blink strike opener from camoflauge @ 2.2k ratings)

Atm you can reliably global anyone without bubble / ice block / dispersion within 2sec of your opener alone just by popping CDs and going Powershot->blink strike->kill command from camo. As you can see in the screenshot, my pet didn't even get to claw / autohit since the target was alredy dead after blink strike.

@ the people saying BM pet survivability is not good enough

First of all, you are doing it wrong if you let the game drag long enough for your opponents to kill your pet twice. Secondly, pet survivability is just fine. It's just warriors and mages doing way too much damage in general. Once that is taken care of, pets will be fine. Thirdly, mend pet glyph is more than enough to keep your pet out of "high end wizard shit" most of the time.

Here's a few tips for those who still enjoy playing as BM.

Since you don't have cc immunity for your pet anymore, BM only offers you retarded burst + extra pvp trinket compared to the other specs. You want to abuse these 2 things to the max. The damage you can put out during the 2-3sec window you want to kill someone is based on your stats. Nothing else. There is no reason not to min-max the stats on your gear.

1. Gem 100% pvp power (160pvp power+80agi on helm)
2. Enchant Agi > all
3. Reforge hit cap = Expertise cap > mastery > all

The stats I currently have:

30656ap (with hawk)
61.06% PvP power (73.15% with rapid fire)
40.69% mastery (with spirit beast)

Stampede was the easiest way of globaling people and it got fixed for obvious reasons. However, there are still 3 fairly simple ways of doing the same thing. Abuse while you can : )

1. Kill the target within 2sec of your opener from camoflauge. There's a trick to make your first blink strike and kill command do 20% more dmg. Shouldn't be hard for anyone with bit of hunter experience to figure out what it is. Like I alredy mentioned, you simply pop your CDs (no procs) and powershot->silencing shot->blink strike->kill command. With my stats, the numbers usually look like this: 135k->85k->80k + (35k claw+auto shot+auto hit). Notice that this is without a single crit. If the target trinkets silencing shot, simply stun him. If the target for some reason survives this, just readiness->silence->blink strike->kill command him again.

2. Spec your pet cunning. Your goal is to bait the enemies to drop your pet to low hp (your pet will do 50% more dmg) and to get as many procs as possible at the same time (proc trinket + scope+tailoring proc). Once stars align, you simply pop CDs and blink strike->kill command. They will reliably hit 145k+140k. Add a 60k claw hit and your target will die without a single crit. Once you get the hang of this, you will notice stars aligning more and more often. The key to making this work is popping cower and bullheaded when your pet is howering at low hp.

Your opponents won't have time to react to these 2 scenarios / don't see it coming, which makes them quite reliable ways to win the match.

3. Mixture of scenarios one and two. Simply you wait till stars align (get as many procs as possible) -> pop CDs -> pop stampede with all possible buff / debuff pets ->hope powershot 1shots your target. This is not very reliable as your powershot cast can and most likely will be interrupted. However, if your power shot cast goes thru and does happen to crit, it will one shot your target.
Posted Image
(310k hit. Highest crit I've gotten in arena is 576k so far)

This was with trinket proc+scope proc and all CDs popped as orc @ ~71k ap.

All of this is without taking into account the chance of powershot bug which will be fixed soon™

#108 GrieverZ

GrieverZ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Thaurissan
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1698
  • 3v3: 2495
  • 5v5: 1335
  • RBG: 192

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:00 AM

Rofl. tried Marks for fun with some random warrior from trade chat. Getting a Powershot off outside a camo opener is absolutly impossible, even getting an aimed shot off with anything training you (and EVERY SINGLE TEAM was training me into dirt), is pure fantasy, so you're stuck using Chimera on CD while spamming 9k crit steady shots or 20k crit arcane shots. Even if you get one off, during the 2-3 gcds you spent casting it off, virtually every other class will have tripled the damage/pressure you wouldd do with instant.

Think i'm finally throwing the towel, this season isn't recuperable. If i'm wrong anywhere, feel free to point it out.

P.S : I couldn't care less about globalling people with fucking gimicks as BM, its not fun whatsoever, if its entertaining for you and you actually feel rewarded from your wins/kills, more power to you, doesn't work for me.

#109 idevpro

idevpro
  • Junkies

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:00 PM

Powershot Bugs
Just wanted to keep you guys updated, we're aware of this issue (when targeting a stationary target), it's already being worked on but unfortunately it's the kind of bug that will probably only be fixed with a client-side patch, probably with 5.2 (please note that this is a very early estimation of when it’s going to get fixed, don’t take it for granted as it might change at any time.
Posted Image

#110 DeArHeLL

DeArHeLL
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Dun Modr
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/1/2/1/1
  • RBG: 1703

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:54 PM

View PostKettu, on 01 December 2012 - 03:59 AM, said:

@ the people saying Powershot should have a lower cast time / being able to cast it on the move

Go check out what it was like trying to get an aimed shot cast off in TBC against melee classes tunneling you. Now you can shoot them in the face from melee range, stop whining really.

@ the people saying Powershot should have a 100% crit chance / do more dmg

It's the hardest hitting ability in game. Are you serious this isn't enough?

Posted Image
(Powershot+blink strike opener from camoflauge @ 2.2k ratings)

Atm you can reliably global anyone without bubble / ice block / dispersion within 2sec of your opener alone just by popping CDs and going Powershot->blink strike->kill command from camo. As you can see in the screenshot, my pet didn't even get to claw / autohit since the target was alredy dead after blink strike.

@ the people saying BM pet survivability is not good enough

First of all, you are doing it wrong if you let the game drag long enough for your opponents to kill your pet twice. Secondly, pet survivability is just fine. It's just warriors and mages doing way too much damage in general. Once that is taken care of, pets will be fine. Thirdly, mend pet glyph is more than enough to keep your pet out of "high end wizard shit" most of the time.

Here's a few tips for those who still enjoy playing as BM.

Since you don't have cc immunity for your pet anymore, BM only offers you retarded burst + extra pvp trinket compared to the other specs. You want to abuse these 2 things to the max. The damage you can put out during the 2-3sec window you want to kill someone is based on your stats. Nothing else. There is no reason not to min-max the stats on your gear.

1. Gem 100% pvp power (160pvp power+80agi on helm)
2. Enchant Agi > all
3. Reforge hit cap = Expertise cap > mastery > all

The stats I currently have:

30656ap (with hawk)
61.06% PvP power (73.15% with rapid fire)
40.69% mastery (with spirit beast)

Stampede was the easiest way of globaling people and it got fixed for obvious reasons. However, there are still 3 fairly simple ways of doing the same thing. Abuse while you can : )

1. Kill the target within 2sec of your opener from camoflauge. There's a trick to make your first blink strike and kill command do 20% more dmg. Shouldn't be hard for anyone with bit of hunter experience to figure out what it is. Like I alredy mentioned, you simply pop your CDs (no procs) and powershot->silencing shot->blink strike->kill command. With my stats, the numbers usually look like this: 135k->85k->80k + (35k claw+auto shot+auto hit). Notice that this is without a single crit. If the target trinkets silencing shot, simply stun him. If the target for some reason survives this, just readiness->silence->blink strike->kill command him again.

2. Spec your pet cunning. Your goal is to bait the enemies to drop your pet to low hp (your pet will do 50% more dmg) and to get as many procs as possible at the same time (proc trinket + scope+tailoring proc). Once stars align, you simply pop CDs and blink strike->kill command. They will reliably hit 145k+140k. Add a 60k claw hit and your target will die without a single crit. Once you get the hang of this, you will notice stars aligning more and more often. The key to making this work is popping cower and bullheaded when your pet is howering at low hp.

Your opponents won't have time to react to these 2 scenarios / don't see it coming, which makes them quite reliable ways to win the match.

3. Mixture of scenarios one and two. Simply you wait till stars align (get as many procs as possible) -> pop CDs -> pop stampede with all possible buff / debuff pets ->hope powershot 1shots your target. This is not very reliable as your powershot cast can and most likely will be interrupted. However, if your power shot cast goes thru and does happen to crit, it will one shot your target.
Posted Image
(310k hit. Highest crit I've gotten in arena is 576k so far)

This was with trinket proc+scope proc and all CDs popped as orc @ ~71k ap.

All of this is without taking into account the chance of powershot bug which will be fixed soon™
if you do so well in arena shouldn't you have a higher rating than 2k?

#111 Dravern

Dravern
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Dun Modr
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 2/0/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1642
  • 3v3: 2285
  • 5v5: 672

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:59 PM

and if you dont oneshot someone, leave arena?

#112 GrieverZ

GrieverZ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Thaurissan
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1698
  • 3v3: 2495
  • 5v5: 1335

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:45 PM

View Postidevpro, on 01 December 2012 - 12:00 PM, said:

Powershot Bugs
Just wanted to keep you guys updated, we're aware of this issue (when targeting a stationary target), it's already being worked on but unfortunately it's the kind of bug that will probably only be fixed with a client-side patch, probably with 5.2 (please note that this is a very early estimation of when it’s going to get fixed, don’t take it for granted as it might change at any time.

Rofl, what hapened to the "skillshot" part. Its fine guys, we're going to fix your only lvl 90 ability worth using in 6 months, nothing to worry about.

#113 Broxxy

Broxxy
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/2/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1706
  • 3v3: 2134

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:46 PM

Well Im sure he is just team hopping like most everybody. So calling out his ratings is dumb. But its still a flawed arguement. The problem is I think the majority of the community , not just hunters are just tired of looking for the gimmick one shot scenario. Whether the crits line up or not. so what? its not a fun play style. Your second method of procs lining up. Thats always been fun waiting for procs to line up before attempting a burst oppurtunity. but seriously...waiting for pets to be at certain hp and hoping you get procs in that window while your in a position to open a burst? Dont see that being a viable method when that many random factors are an arguement for viability.

I think this class is grasping at straws . Aimed shots and powershot are common and simple to get off in bgs where we know blizz is focusing their attention since cata released. Wont make a bit of difference how tough it is to do it reliably in arena. The changes to marks in patch along with aspect changes were STRICTLY PVE. The raid parses from all sources show hunters are lower on dps. They are simply making the rotations cleaner and easier to do. Even todays hotfix on serpent sting was strictly a pve change. Blizz is not concerned with hunter performance in 3v3.

#114 lobster

lobster
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:13 AM

More serpant sting damage... Is this a fucking joke???

Posted Image

#115 Snipin

Snipin
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/0/0/0/1/1

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:55 AM

View Postlobster, on 02 December 2012 - 05:13 AM, said:

More serpant sting damage... Is this a fucking joke???

I gave up hope

#116 Rhetorical1

Rhetorical1
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Survival 2/2/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1403
  • 3v3: 2131
  • 5v5: 1056

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:20 AM

my powershot doesnt register on targets that are standing still, only works on moving targets (10%) of the time.

#117 Kettu

Kettu
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Dunemaul
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/2/0/2/0
  • RBG: 960
  • LocationKuwait

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:49 PM

View PostGrieverZ, on 01 December 2012 - 06:00 AM, said:

Getting a Powershot off outside a camo opener is absolutly impossible,

I'm sorry if you feel that way.

Think i'm finally throwing the towel, this season isn't recuperable. If i'm wrong anywhere, feel free to point it out.

Why do you play a game if you think it's shit?

I couldn't care less about globalling people with fucking gimicks as BM, its not fun whatsoever, if its entertaining for you and you actually feel rewarded from your wins/kills, more power to you, doesn't work for me.

Entertaining, yes. Rewarding, no. You are saying it's not entertaining one shotting mages and having them come to your server so they can ragewhisper you about how op hunters are?

View PostDeArHeLL, on 01 December 2012 - 03:54 PM, said:

if you do so well in arena shouldn't you have a higher rating than 2k?

Where exactly did I claim that? Are you dumb or?

View PostDravern, on 01 December 2012 - 03:59 PM, said:

and if you dont oneshot someone, leave arena?

Spanish logic.

View PostBroxxy, on 01 December 2012 - 07:46 PM, said:

The problem is I think the majority of the community , not just hunters are just tired of looking for the gimmick one shot scenario.

Hunter has been a gimmick class since forever. I'm just giving tips for those who still bother with competing / playing to win.

#118 Tosan

Tosan
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/0/1/2/1/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:52 PM

View PostKettu, on 02 December 2012 - 01:49 PM, said:

Hunter has been a gimmick class since forever. I'm just giving tips for those who still bother with competing / playing to win.

Hunters weren't gimmicky in wotlk or cata........although I didn't like the ret style "push big damage buttons off of CD" playstyle of wotlk hunter, it wasn't gimmicky though it was pretty consistent/well rounded, and it got even better in Cata.

#119 DeArHeLL

DeArHeLL
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Dun Modr
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/1/2/1/1
  • RBG: 1703

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:16 PM

View PostKettux, on 02 December 2012 - 01:49 PM, said:

Where exactly did I claim that? Are you dumb or?
Sorry, I didn't want to offend you, and I appreciate your tips. Only pretended to confirm your tips with an high arena rank :).

Edited by DeArHeLL, 02 December 2012 - 06:16 PM.

#120 Eelda

Eelda
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Dragonblight
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/2/1/0/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 2749
  • 3v3: 3085
  • 5v5: 2178

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

full pvp power w/ full mastery reforge

Synergise traps/saps on the other 2 select a target, have t2 wep double upgraded, play with rogue who has same, then 90% teams die in cheapshot

powershot > blinkstrike LOL

Pets
For example if i played Rshaman Thug i would run this

Pet 1 - Ferocity windstrider for 8% magic dmg increase on target
Pet 2 - Ferocity dino with MS/5% crit buff
Pet 3 - Ferocity Rhino with 4% increase physical dmg  (if rogue didnt apply haste buff id use that instead)

Then for last 2 pets i would run

Pet 4 - Cunning Sillithid, For 5 Sec root that cant be dispelled which i use with stampede + bomb every time

Pet 5 Main pet
Cunning Shale Spider for 3 sec stun on 30 sec CD (which cooldown alligns with trap every time) + a Blessing of kings buff that shaman or rogue dont apply
(if i wasnt with rshaman who provides +3k mastery id proberly always prefer spirit beast for +20% dmg on blinkstrike in opener, otherwise i think the 3 sec stun and kings buff is better for this setup atleast)

Im always switching between my shale spider and sillithid for ROS.

Only thing i dont like is if you use spirit beast as main pet with ROS and it dies you cant abandon it, so you gotta try ress or its game rofl, thats partly a reason i prefer other pets, so if they die its np you can instant resummon with macro and then tame again after arena, unlike spirit beasts.

anyways my thoughts

Edited by Eeldax, 02 December 2012 - 07:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<