Anyone else enjoying the post election butthurt?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#41 Pharaun

Pharaun
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:04 AM

View PostKelustu, on 12 November 2012 - 04:39 AM, said:

You'll never be "proven wrong" because the differences in parties are subtle in some areas. You'll never know what would have happened if the other party got elected, as well. The compromising nature of our form of government makes it seem as though both parties are one and the same, but that couldn't be further from the truth.

Within the last week, Obama has made it clear three times that if Republicans try to use the middle class as a hostage to keep taxes low on the rich, then he's going to let the taxes on the middle class end as well. That's certainly not something you'd see under a Republican president. The medicare expansion, its gigantic loopholes and the inability to pay for it that were passed under Bush? Opposed by democrats, but passed because it was somewhat compromised. They had to water it down. That's the difference.

If you look at the end result of legislation from both parties you're going to find a similar result, but the difference comes down to trying to get your party the bigger portion so they have to compromise less.

The best way I can think to explain this is coloring. You had a yellow crayon, a red crayon and a blue crayon. Now, the result is always going to be yellow-ish, but there are still definite and noticeable differences between yellow-red and yellow-blue. Perhaps not the best colors to illustrate my point, but it should get across what I'm trying to say.
No that's a good analogy, I understand what you mean.
"Who, after all, is today speaking of the destruction of the Armenians?"

-Adolf Hitler, 1939

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<