• Curse Sites
Help

Anyone else enjoying the post election butthurt?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 AwesoMegAmazing

AwesoMegAmazing
  • Members
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:51 PM

View PostBreadstick, on 11 November 2012 - 08:48 PM, said:

yeah, things like national healthcare have clearly not worked for any other country ever

Just because other countries have it doesn't mean it's better than what we had before. Do you understand what Obamacare will do to the healthcare industry? Long story short, healthcare quality is going to go down the toilet.

View PostDuckers, on 09 February 2011 - 04:05 PM, said:

I eat McDonalds every day

View PostDuckers, on 12 June 2012 - 07:44 AM, said:

Can't ever really go wrong with McDonalds.

View PostDuckers, on 08 August 2012 - 12:25 AM, said:

Get that girl a Happy Meal and she will never leave you.

#22 Kakio

Kakio
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Khadgar
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Protection
  • LocationNorway ^^,

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:01 PM

View PostAwesoMegAmazing, on 11 November 2012 - 08:51 PM, said:

Just because other countries have it doesn't mean it's better than what we had before. Do you understand what Obamacare will do to the healthcare industry? Long story short, healthcare quality is going to go down the toilet.

humor me with the long story please as i dont quite see your line of thought.

Posted Image

#23 Kelustu

Kelustu
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:48 PM

View PostAwesoMegAmazing, on 11 November 2012 - 08:51 PM, said:

Find me an article or some kind of proof that says so. The quality of care is the exact same, it's just that it becomes more affordable. Other countries with socialized medicine have "worse" quality only because we have more advanced technology here. Making it available to everyone doesn't change that.
Posted Image

#24 Pharaun

Pharaun
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:56 PM

Oh no, a slightly conservative, hawkish, pro-business politician with only partial party control over congress and $1 billion in funding beat a slightly more conservative, hawkish, pro-business politician with only partial party control over congress and $1 billion in funding.  WHAT EVER SHALL WE DO?  This is a huge travesty, and we will be sure to see more of the significant, life-altering changes that we saw over the last 4 years.
"Who, after all, is today speaking of the destruction of the Armenians?"

-Adolf Hitler, 1939

#25 AwesoMegAmazing

AwesoMegAmazing
  • Members
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:05 PM

View PostKelustu, on 11 November 2012 - 09:48 PM, said:

Find me an article or some kind of proof that says so. The quality of care is the exact same, it's just that it becomes more affordable. Other countries with socialized medicine have "worse" quality only because we have more advanced technology here. Making it available to everyone doesn't change that.

Do you people not know what google is? No. Do your own work.

#26 Kelustu

Kelustu
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:13 PM

View PostPharaun, on 11 November 2012 - 09:56 PM, said:

Oh no, a slightly conservative, hawkish, pro-business politician with only partial party control over congress and $1 billion in funding beat a slightly more conservative, hawkish, pro-business politician with only partial party control over congress and $1 billion in funding.  WHAT EVER SHALL WE DO?  This is a huge travesty, and we will be sure to see more of the significant, life-altering changes that we saw over the last 4 years.

I expected more from you. The very nature of America's democracy is that of compromise. Nothing gets done unless you can get some kind of support from the other side, even when you're in control. The differences between parties are huge, but the end result is always similar legislation, because you have to appease the other side. It's the small changes that don't get as much press that make a huge difference. No pre-existing conditions clause would *not* have made it through with a Republican president or controlled Congress.

View PostAwesoMegAmazing, on 11 November 2012 - 11:05 PM, said:

Do you people not know what google is? No. Do your own work.

That's not how it works. The burden of proof is on you unless it's such a blatantly simplistic argument that all the facts are taken for granted and you are approaching an analytical conclusion from those basic facts. You're arguing AGAINST the accepted facts.
Posted Image

#27 Theoh

Theoh
  • Members

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:47 PM

Yes. The healthcare act sucks. Mostly because what it does to the markets in the future. Higher costs and more monopolization of the market. The funny thing is, even if I ideologically disagree with it, a public option with a private healthcare sector with little regulation would have been better for everyone in general. Obamacare was more corporatism.

#28 breadstik

breadstik
  • Junkies

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:23 AM

I'm enjoying the butthurt because all the idiots voted for romney and i get to enjoy their tears

#29 AwesoMegAmazing

AwesoMegAmazing
  • Members
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:35 AM

View PostKelustu, on 11 November 2012 - 11:13 PM, said:

it's a blatantly simplistic argument

Look it up yourself. I'm not wasting my time.

#30 Breadstick

Breadstick
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Arena Tournament 1
  • Coliseum 1
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:40 AM

what exactly are you trying to accomplish by coming into a thread, stating your opinion as a fact and then refusing to back up your statements?
Posted Image

#31 Fazzmania

Fazzmania
  • Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Aman'Thul
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:03 AM

View PostAwesoMegAmazing, on 12 November 2012 - 12:35 AM, said:

Look it up yourself. I'm not wasting my time.

Funny how this is exactly the same line used by people who are trying to convince you the moon landing was faked
Posted Image

#32 Hobbeś

Hobbeś
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tanaris
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:19 AM

I reckon he's lookin' to rustle up some jimmies gosh darnit

#33 Thedream

Thedream
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/2

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:43 AM

View PostHobbeś, on 12 November 2012 - 02:19 AM, said:

I reckon he's lookin' to rustle up some jimmies gosh darnit
Posted Image

Posted Image

live.laugh.love

i am the law

#34 Pharaun

Pharaun
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:26 AM

View PostKelustu, on 11 November 2012 - 11:13 PM, said:

I expected more from you. The very nature of America's democracy is that of compromise. Nothing gets done unless you can get some kind of support from the other side, even when you're in control. The differences between parties are huge, but the end result is always similar legislation, because you have to appease the other side. It's the small changes that don't get as much press that make a huge difference. No pre-existing conditions clause would *not* have made it through with a Republican president or controlled Congress.
The nature of our voting system means that we gravitate towards only two parties, and those parties end up defining a very thin and hazy line distinguishing themselves.  It's not because they have to compromise - in fact we have to compromise a lot less than other democratic systems that sport way more than 2 parties.

The no pre-existing conditions clause, while important, is still a tiny part of a pretty tame piece of legislation.  It really doesn't change much.

My point is that it really didn't matter who got elected president in this cycle.  Yes, most of what gets done is a compromise, but that's the point - neither party controls congress, we're not going to see any crazy legislation.  The actual executive branch under Obama behaves pretty much the same as before.

Maybe I'll be proven wrong, we can check back in 4 years.
"Who, after all, is today speaking of the destruction of the Armenians?"

-Adolf Hitler, 1939

#35 Kelustu

Kelustu
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:39 AM

View PostPharaun, on 12 November 2012 - 03:26 AM, said:

The nature of our voting system means that we gravitate towards only two parties, and those parties end up defining a very thin and hazy line distinguishing themselves.  It's not because they have to compromise - in fact we have to compromise a lot less than other democratic systems that sport way more than 2 parties.

The no pre-existing conditions clause, while important, is still a tiny part of a pretty tame piece of legislation.  It really doesn't change much.

My point is that it really didn't matter who got elected president in this cycle.  Yes, most of what gets done is a compromise, but that's the point - neither party controls congress, we're not going to see any crazy legislation.  The actual executive branch under Obama behaves pretty much the same as before.

Maybe I'll be proven wrong, we can check back in 4 years.

You'll never be "proven wrong" because the differences in parties are subtle in some areas. You'll never know what would have happened if the other party got elected, as well. The compromising nature of our form of government makes it seem as though both parties are one and the same, but that couldn't be further from the truth.

Within the last week, Obama has made it clear three times that if Republicans try to use the middle class as a hostage to keep taxes low on the rich, then he's going to let the taxes on the middle class end as well. That's certainly not something you'd see under a Republican president. The medicare expansion, its gigantic loopholes and the inability to pay for it that were passed under Bush? Opposed by democrats, but passed because it was somewhat compromised. They had to water it down. That's the difference.

If you look at the end result of legislation from both parties you're going to find a similar result, but the difference comes down to trying to get your party the bigger portion so they have to compromise less.

The best way I can think to explain this is coloring. You had a yellow crayon, a red crayon and a blue crayon. Now, the result is always going to be yellow-ish, but there are still definite and noticeable differences between yellow-red and yellow-blue. Perhaps not the best colors to illustrate my point, but it should get across what I'm trying to say.
Posted Image

#36 Raux

Raux
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Gorgonnash
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:50 AM

View PostFazzmania, on 12 November 2012 - 02:03 AM, said:

Funny how this is exactly the same line use by people who are trying to convince you the moon landing was faked

http://www.youtube.c...87gciwebw#t=30s
i am #83

also i fucked a lesbian

also i fought a ninja in a bar and made him piss himself

raux

#37 Kelustu

Kelustu
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:56 AM

Study it out bro.

Honestly, I have to give credit for Mathews for this. He gave her a chance to describe herself, instead of just shitting all over her, then walked away realizing that she would never, ever give a legitimate response.
Posted Image

#38 LowDeeps

LowDeeps
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:02 AM

View PostRaux, on 12 November 2012 - 04:50 AM, said:

When all these dumb elderly Republicans start dying off will America be better off, or do you think we'll just find a way to replace them with more stupid people?
I am:
:priest: Lowdeeps on Magtheridon
:priest: Lowdeepz on Arthas
:warlock: Lowdeepz on Emerald Dream

View Postdusknoir_, on 07 April 2011 - 11:23 PM, said:

I FUCKING HATE TALBADAR SO MUCH.

#39 Kelustu

Kelustu
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:56 AM

View PostLowDeeps, on 12 November 2012 - 07:02 AM, said:

When all these dumb elderly Republicans start dying off will America be better off, or do you think we'll just find a way to replace them with more stupid people?

I expect that at some point Democrats will become the party of stupid. I don't know when and it certainly seems that it's Republicans time right now, but there's always a switch every few decades between which party has a stranglehold on the people and ideas of the previous century.
Posted Image

#40 berserker

berserker
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:23 AM

Doesn't get better than this

Posted Image