Hyrmine
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:52 AM

Does anyone have opinions on this game?
PvP starts at 07:20 but it seems to be something BG oriented still.

#2 Envenom.

Envenom.
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Alonsus
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:24 AM

wow, gameplay! finally

playing gw2 waiting for this

cant wait, i heard it gonna be pvp like e.g.

someone throw oil on floor and a mage can light it up 'syngery attacks' or something like that

this sounds alot like gw2, but its been in development since 2007, should be good

#3 Kelustu

Kelustu
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:06 AM

Honestly I don't like that kind of thing. It's cool for a bit, but then it just becomes obnoxious. There's too many balls in the air to effectively have a handle on it all.
Posted Image

#4 Thanatos

Thanatos
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Khaz'goroth
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:35 AM

Combat looks kinda bland. The kind of MMO that I'd ultimately settle on is one with the Demon souls/Dark Souls/ Monster hunter style of combat with equally challenging mobs from the first level and up. Pounding on mobile test dummies gets pretty boring fast.

GW2 had the idea somewhat but difficulty got toned a lot after the first few BWEs.

Though I wouldn't mind doing a run through the game for a bit of exploration.
ಠ_ಠ

Posted Image

#5 Otaku

Otaku
  • Members
  • Locationaus

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:43 PM

seems unique in my opinion. if anything like other elder scrolls, bow/arrow - hold shield up ect. not having a bunch of keybinds or something.

maybe unique ain't that right word but it's nice to see a game go in a difference direction.
Posted Image

#6 Buglamp

Buglamp
  • Members

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:20 PM

Not particularly exciting to me, would've been way better if they'd've taken some notes from games like Mount and Blade with good real time melee/archery combat. I don't want to play MMO style combat in third person, it's shit for the immersion/exploration that made TES so popular in the first place. I'm also personally just sick of looking at the back of my characters in so many games regardless.The graphics / visual design look good for an MMO, but a lot of it looks copy/paste from existing TES games rather than something new.

#7 Shaylá

Shaylá
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Onyxia
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents:

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:49 PM

This has the potential to be one of the greatest MMO of all times but I`m 90% sure it's going to turn out to be a shitty carbon copy of every MMO ever with the only diffeence being that it plays in the Elder Scrolls Universe

#8 dijitaled

dijitaled
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Azjol-Nerub
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/1/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1666

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:04 AM

nice vid

#9 Namechangex

Namechangex
  • Members

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:14 AM

Nice, going to be interesting to see more.
Please use an appropriate signature; thanks! Use only common abbreviations and acronyms, and then give their definition as soon after their first use as possible. Occasionally, however, an abbreviation or acronym may be so familiar to intended audiences that it may be used without a definition. In fact, some may be more familiar than the full name. http://www.arenajunk...-rules-2272014/

#10 Namechangex

Namechangex
  • Members

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:16 PM

Applied for Beta. Hoping to see some fun in here :duckers:

Please use an appropriate signature; thanks! Use only common abbreviations and acronyms, and then give their definition as soon after their first use as possible. Occasionally, however, an abbreviation or acronym may be so familiar to intended audiences that it may be used without a definition. In fact, some may be more familiar than the full name. http://www.arenajunk...-rules-2272014/

#11 Envenom.

Envenom.
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Alonsus
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:06 PM

signed up also, cant wait

the registration was rly cool aswell, seems like we might not be forced into some activities e.g. raiding, they ask about play-style specifically so I hope we this is what I am expecting

#12 Synkz

Synkz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/0/2/.

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:56 AM

yeah i signed up too

i'm honestly not very concerned with the pvp aspect of the game, more concerned with how you control your character.  i'm hoping it will be just like other games in the series using 1st person mode with the ability to block/parry and aim abilities.

#13 Hyrmine

Hyrmine
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:53 AM

I genuinely trust Bethesda. They're one of the few reliable and trustworthy dev companies who are actually good at what they do, RPGs.
A lot of people are whining that the trailer is bad, but I don't care, I'm sure the game will be good enough to draw a good chunk of players into it.

#14 Duckers

Duckers
  • Moderators
  • Curse Premium
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:37 AM

View PostHyrmine, on 28 January 2013 - 12:53 AM, said:

I genuinely trust Bethesda. They're one of the few reliable and trustworthy dev companies who are actually good at what they do, RPGs.
The other games are developed by Bethesda Game Studios, this is developed by ZeniMax Online Studios. The MMO is seemingly made by different a company (but same publisher afaik?) So it may not necessarily be as good as previous titles. :(

#15 Hyrmine

Hyrmine
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

View PostDuckers, on 28 January 2013 - 05:37 AM, said:

The other games are developed by Bethesda Game Studios, this is developed by ZeniMax Online Studios. The MMO is seemingly made by different a company (but same publisher afaik?) So it may not necessarily be as good as previous titles. :(
You are right. I guess it's hopeless then.

#16 Tehflayz

Tehflayz
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Burning Legion
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2
  • RBG: 2056
  • LocationFUKN JERSEY

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:21 AM

I'm looking forward to this quite a bit. There's a lot of discussion and podcasts about the game; many people have been to the developers and they seem like they genuinely care about the player's advice, or so they say.

This game seems to revolve a lot around PvP towards the max level. You can become the emperor of Cyradil based on your performance in PvP scenarios and battles. There's so much to discuss about this game, I figured this would be getting a lot more hype than it is honestly. Of all the games that I think could be the WoW killer, I'd assume this would be it. If Elder Scrolls can't pull it off, the only thing left is another Blizzard MMO.

So long as ESO has some sort of RBG or Arena, or a ladder system of any sort, I'm set.

#17 BaklivaX

BaklivaX
  • Members
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:19 AM

View PostTehflayz, on 07 February 2013 - 01:21 AM, said:

I'm looking forward to this quite a bit. There's a lot of discussion and podcasts about the game; many people have been to the developers and they seem like they genuinely care about the player's advice, or so they say.

This game seems to revolve a lot around PvP towards the max level. You can become the emperor of Cyradil based on your performance in PvP scenarios and battles. There's so much to discuss about this game, I figured this would be getting a lot more hype than it is honestly. Of all the games that I think could be the WoW killer, I'd assume this would be it. If Elder Scrolls can't pull it off, the only thing left is another Blizzard MMO.

So long as ESO has some sort of RBG or Arena, or a ladder system of any sort, I'm set.
That's how GW2 looked at first glance.
Posted Image

#18 Envenom.

Envenom.
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Alonsus
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:04 PM

We held our first small friends-and-family test on February 28th. Invitations to the general public for the first round of beta events will be sent around the end of March.  At first, beta events will generally be held on the weekends, and each test will have limited windows of access to the game. You’ll receive your invitation in advance so you can make time to participate. While there will only be a few events per month early on, they will be held more frequently as we approach launch. We’ll post notifications on our website and social media channels whenever we send a batch of invitations. When we do, check the  e-mail address you used to register for the beta. If you’ve been selected, you’ll receive an invitation with instructions.

In the beginning of the beta program, invitations will be for scheduled play sessions. This means that the game will only be available for play during specific times (provided in the invitation). Every beta event will have a clear focus; our developers will be looking for feedback on specific areas, features, or other gameplay elements.

At first, beta events will generally be held on the weekends, and each test will have limited windows of access to the game. You’ll receive your invitation in advance so you can make time to participate. While there will only be a few events per month early on, they will be held more frequently as we approach launch

source: http://www.elderscro...stions-answered

check ur emails if u signed up, dont miss out, end of march invites

#19 BaklivaX

BaklivaX
  • Members
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:42 PM

This scared me, gonna fail same as GW2 :D
Posted Image

#20 Envenom.

Envenom.
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Alonsus
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:10 AM

20 Minutes of BETA Introduction Leaked, and taken down fast

anybody got a good link, its been getting pretty bad talk around it, its beta thought I would be interested in seeing this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<