#21 droolingmoron

droolingmoron
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:33 AM

you're privileged after all though. your language doesn't have the same amount of masculine nouns like german. so you get around having to add female suffices to every noun that could also include women (if you want to write gender equitable). besides it looks idiotic because of the capital I (Binnen-i), f.ex.: LehrerInnen, SängerInnen, TänzerInnen or Lehrer/innen, Sänger/innen, Tänzer/innen etc.
they basically mixed up grammatical gender with biological gender - basically feminists are trying to fuck up our language and they're quite succesful with it.
Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen.

L.W.

#22 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:48 AM

View PostKelustu, on 09 November 2012 - 11:29 PM, said:

I assumed this was common knowledge by now, but it was still very well explained.

There's a feminist in my American Political Thought class. We started the semester by going over Locke. My professor mentioned that Locke was actually very modern for his time, arguing that men and women should have equal roles in raising their children, except when they disagree something, the father should have priority. She yells about how it's not really equality because the father is still taking control. We spent the entire fucking class period explaining how equalist and modern Locke's view was in relation to the time he wrote it. She keeps bringing it up every single class. I hate her so much.
Just give her that look kelustu...you know which one.
I'm always right.
Posted Image

#23 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:51 AM

Posted Image
I'm always right.
Posted Image

#24 Buglamp

Buglamp
  • Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:02 AM

do you mean like, biological privilege?

#25 Breadstick

Breadstick
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Arena Tournament 1
  • Coliseum 1
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:09 AM

View PostDU5KNOIR, on 10 November 2012 - 01:55 AM, said:

is there anybody in this thread (prior to this post) who isn't literally braindead irl? i feel like giving up pacifism just so i can raise the world's average IQ

it is 100% impossible, period and without exception, to simultaneously be a reasonable human being and not believe in male privilege

i don't believe the point of the thread was to say that women aren't or haven't been discriminated against, but instead that radical feminists are looking for more than just equality

the whole male/white/straight/thin/able-bodied/whatever privilege thing is getting really old and quite honestly just sounds whiny. i can't help but feel like there are better ways for people to get their points across than to make tumblrs so people can cry about how much harder their life is than someone who was born differently

i recognize that things like white and male privileges probably exist (i hate even using the word privilege in that way, ugh) but a radical form of anything, such as feminism in this example, is almost always unreasonable
Posted Image

#26 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:16 AM

Fuck off retard.
I'm always right.
Posted Image

#27 Breadstick

Breadstick
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Arena Tournament 1
  • Coliseum 1

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:25 AM

View PostDU5KNOIR, on 10 November 2012 - 02:16 AM, said:

i wish those people would just stop irritating me with their requests for the rights i was given for no reason :`-(

...? i'm talking about these people writing in asking if it's racist to write a book as a white guy and making your main characters black. people are so fucking scared to offend anyone they actually ask if something as silly as this is racist. like, are you kidding me? next you're gonna have people asking if it's sexist to write a book as a male and make a female character

and what exactly is supposed to happen anyway, am i supposed to apologize for being white? for being male? for being straight? for being thin? for being fucking able bodied? it's absurd

i'll give you that there are advantages to being a male but how is it helpful to write in to a tumblr and complaining because a dude at a gas station used a condescending tone when you were asking about fuel economy?
Posted Image

#28 Theoh

Theoh
  • Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:35 AM

View PostDU5KNOIR, on 10 November 2012 - 01:55 AM, said:

is there anybody in this thread (prior to this post) who isn't literally braindead irl? i feel like giving up pacifism just so i can raise the world's average IQ

it is 100% impossible, period and without exception, to simultaneously be a reasonable human being and not believe in male privilege

p.s.

um what? feminism has turned into an ideology devoid of reason, logic, and resistance to scrutiny. if you disagree with them, even to a small %, you suddenly hate women and support rape culture.

it perpetuates victim hood.

people should be viewed as people. unfortunately, feminism doesn't accomplish this. of course it isn't that black and white. there are a good amount who just want equality, but the ones who turn into extreme ideologues. basically it is an overreaction. an overreaction to the point that a mens rights movement has started (which does have some points about father's rights/divorce sometimes). like feminists, there are some rational people, but then there are those who overreact due to emotion.

notice how if you criticize feminism, we are suddenly low IQ apes. mean while i can be pro choice. say women can do whatever they want. marriage. not have kids. fuck anyone. i dont care. individuals are individuals and should have that freedom. i just have a problem with the ideology that came out of the equality battle.

#29 Breadstick

Breadstick
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Arena Tournament 1
  • Coliseum 1

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:39 AM

View PostDU5KNOIR, on 10 November 2012 - 02:33 AM, said:

you're supposed to acknowledge those privileges and actively work to remove them

well, i already acknowledged them

is it more helpful to do nothing?

like i said earlier, tumblrs like those feel really whiny and i'd imagine they turn more people away from their cause than get people to agree with them. i really have no proof of that, but whatever
Posted Image

#30 Reliuna

Reliuna
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Naxxramas
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • Talents: Balance
  • LocationSweden

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:41 AM

didnt read 1 post

glad to be gay
Posted Image

#31 Theoh

Theoh
  • Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:43 AM

View PostReliuna, on 10 November 2012 - 02:41 AM, said:

didnt read 1 post

glad to be gay

werd

#32 Breadstick

Breadstick
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Arena Tournament 1
  • Coliseum 1

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:53 AM

View PostTheoh, on 10 November 2012 - 02:35 AM, said:

notice how if you criticize feminism, we are suddenly low IQ apes.

check your human privilege bro, using "ape" as an insult? sorry they weren't born the same as you
Posted Image

#33 Hobbeś

Hobbeś
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tanaris
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:55 AM

what the fuck. I thought Tumblr was just a place to look at Korean chicks.

#34 Theoh

Theoh
  • Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:58 AM

View PostDU5KNOIR, on 10 November 2012 - 02:47 AM, said:

who is them?
i thought that was pretty obvious. ideological feminists. ideologue - An adherent of an ideology, esp. one who is uncompromising and dogmatic

i'm going to guess that's because the creation of victims is ongoing
the point is you can't view yourself as a victim if you ever want to reach balance and independence. you'll have some minds who want to be treated as equals. you'll have some who will be perpetual victims. blaming men/white men for everything. this causes anger. wrong or right, people do not think rationally while angry. this causes the overreaction and an unnecessary force. which ultimately leads to some type of gender battle rather than harmonious existence. this causes men to overreact because ideological feminist will not only demand equal rights, but to be treated differently because they are a women. that means men have to become less masculine which is biologically retarded. men feel like they are being attacked (wrong or right, doesnt matter) so they will react or overreact. it perpetuates an endless circle of bullshit.

also being treated differently because you are a woman is the opposite goal of equality.

so you're saying people from the middle east shouldn't have rights because of the taliban? that there should be a white rights movement because of taliban oppression? (actually i bet that exists, unfortunately)

if you were to tell a mathematician 4x4=12, would you be offended if they said you were wrong?

yeah too bad those arent the inputs for the function.

#35 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:04 AM

View PostDU5KNOIR, on 10 November 2012 - 02:47 AM, said:

who is them?

i'm going to guess that's because the creation of victims is ongoing

so you're saying people from the middle east shouldn't have rights because of the taliban? that there should be a white rights movement because of oppression by brown people? (actually i bet that exists, unfortunately)

if you were to tell a mathematician 4x4=12, would you be offended if they said you were wrong?

now work on the other half
Wtf.

Complete idiot.
I'm always right.
Posted Image

#36 Buglamp

Buglamp
  • Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:07 AM

I thought tumblr was just an older, failed version of twitter.

Also the victim thing is definitely overdone by many self proclaimed feminists some of which've never really experienced any significant discrimination - living in liberal first world countries and whining about beer commercials objectifying women or whatever and overreacting to all sorts of minor things they perceive as great injustices. That's why feminism has a bad rep now.

(And no, I'm not saying not experiencing discrimination personally means you shouldn't be a feminist, just that it adds to the ridiculousness of some of their overreactions.)

#37 Breadstic

Breadstic
  • Meebz
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Malfurion
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 2/0/1/1/0/0
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:13 AM

I have a tumblr there are alot of great artists who use it, i just use it to browse though

#38 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:16 AM

View PostDU5KNOIR, on 10 November 2012 - 03:05 AM, said:

Posted Image it was an analogue for the poster's stupid opinion that radicals are enough of a reason to dismiss a movement or make countermovements - in this case, that radical feminists are enough of a reason to discount feminism or create mens rights movements

Being a radical or extremist will not help any movement ever in a civilized society.  It continues the cycle and further degrades and divides society.  That is the fucking point we have all been trying to make, you dumb fuck.
I'm always right.
Posted Image

#39 Raux

Raux
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Gorgonnash
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:21 AM

this video is entirely relevant to this thread.

i am #83

also i fucked a lesbian

also i fought a ninja in a bar and made him piss himself

raux

#40 Capers

Capers
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Assassination 0/2/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1509
  • LocationFlorida, U.S

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:32 AM

Just making this post to let everyone know I'm gonna pop in here later or tomorrow, and that the OP isn't me.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<