Help

examples of how feminism isn't about equality

• Please log in to reply
336 replies to this topic

#1 Theoh

Theoh
  • Members

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:51 PM

not sure how this board feels about feminism. i do not think it actually wants equality. it doesnt view people as people.

But such progress leaves some feminists unimpressed. According to Christina Hoff Sommers, in 2009, when President Obama proposed massive construction industry-boosting "infrastructure" spending, women's groups "were appalled." (HT: Hans Bader)
Even though 80 percent of the 5.7 million jobs lost over the first eighteen months of the recession were held by men, cries for more jobs for women arose from a feminist group calling itself "WEAVE" (Women's Equality Adds Value to the Economy). The group's complaints were bolstered by the National Organization for Women, Feminist Majority, Institute for Women's Policy Research, and National Women's Law Center. Members of the super-coalition slammed Obama for pushing a "Macho Stimulus Plan" packed with "testosterone-laden 'shovel-ready'" lingo that focused on "jobs for burly men." Rumor has it that the ladies also objected to the President speaking in deep masculine tones when talking about shovels and stuff.

Read more: http://www.americant...l#ixzz2BlRwpJVL

and

Resident feminists scoffed. Men? Needing a place to discuss their “issues?” Ridiculous. Men were the issue. Meanwhile, the SFU Women’s Centre had been fighting the good fight since 1974, and offering its small campus office as a haven.
As for a men’s centre? Declared the Women’s Centre’s website — which, curiously, offers a “Male Allies” link, as if to enlist them — well, “the men’s centre is everywhere else.”

In other words, it’s still a man’s world, even if female university students significantly outnumber male students across the country, including at SFU.

The Women’s Centre would, however, support a men’s centre on one condition, and I paraphrase: if the men used the centre to admit to their gender crimes.

“Our support,” it stated on the website, “would be contingent on that centre’s mission statement, vision, and mandate. If the centre were about challenging popular conceptions about masculinity, confronting homophobia, sexism, racism, classism, and ability issues then we would definitely be the first to promote and fundraise for such a group.”

Read more: http://www.vancouver...l#ixzz2BlSgMpjI

Im pro choice. want women to get equal pay. co pay for contraceptives. but the ideology that believes in rape culture,  male privileged, and whatever other buzzwords that were formulated in a gender studies class can be ridiculous.

#2 Buglamp

Buglamp
  • Members

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:56 PM

Well as I understand it there are feminists, and then there are feminazis who are over sensitive, insane, and/or anti-male. Pretty sure the original form of feminism was just in favor of the same rights as men for women. Then some people went overboard with it.

#3 Breadstick

Breadstick
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Arena Tournament 1
  • Coliseum 1
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:57 PM

might be relevant
Posted Image

#4 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:25 PM

Ridiculous.

I hate the modern idea of feminism.  Those bitches should just fuck off.
I'm always right.
Posted Image

#5 Zoness

Zoness
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Survival

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:35 PM

we want equality but only when it affects us positively

#6 treeqt

treeqt
  • Members

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:01 PM

is it you brian?
[04:20:00] Dan: Just bang her
[20:05:48] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'd like to think
[20:05:51] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'm a modest person

#7 Slashgiggle

Slashgiggle
  • LocationHome of the Brave

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:05 PM

All sex is rape
Fernando Torres, Lord of Football

#8 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:15 PM

"Hey guys, you're born with a penis.  You should apologize for your gender's past crimes"

Honestly...bunch of stupid bitches.

It's like black people thinking white people should be apologetic on a personal level for slavery that happened 150 years ago.  Get with the times, stop living in the past.
I'm always right.
Posted Image

#9 Slashgiggle

Slashgiggle
  • LocationHome of the Brave

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:19 PM

Don't tell me what to do you rapist
Fernando Torres, Lord of Football

#10 Theoh

Theoh
  • Members

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:22 PM

View Poststcolbert, on 09 November 2012 - 11:15 PM, said:

"Hey guys, you're born with a penis.  You should apologize for your gender's past crimes"

Honestly...bunch of stupid bitches.

It's like black people thinking white people should be apologetic on a personal level for slavery that happened 150 years ago.  Get with the times, stop living in the past.

MALE PRIVILEGED

who the hell is brian?

#11 Kelustu

Kelustu
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:29 PM

View PostBreadstick, on 09 November 2012 - 09:57 PM, said:

might be relevant

I assumed this was common knowledge by now, but it was still very well explained.

View Poststcolbert, on 09 November 2012 - 10:25 PM, said:

Ridiculous.

I hate the modern idea of feminism.  Those bitches should just fuck off.

There's a feminist in my American Political Thought class. We started the semester by going over Locke. My professor mentioned that Locke was actually very modern for his time, arguing that men and women should have equal roles in raising their children, except when they disagree something, the father should have priority. She yells about how it's not really equality because the father is still taking control. We spent the entire fucking class period explaining how equalist and modern Locke's view was in relation to the time he wrote it. She keeps bringing it up every single class. I hate her so much.
Posted Image

#12 Buglamp

Buglamp
  • Members

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:35 PM

I assume that vid just explains that women tend to take career paths toward lower earning jobs?

#13 Theoh

Theoh
  • Members

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:37 PM

haha fuck. well me and kel actually agree on something. the concept of the 17th century can be lost on some.

#14 Theoh

Theoh
  • Members

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:38 PM

View PostBuglamp, on 09 November 2012 - 11:35 PM, said:

I assume that vid just explains that women tend to take career paths toward lower earning jobs?

yes. and how they are directed or decide to not pursue a more math oriented professions.

#15 Powerslave

Powerslave
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:26 AM

http://www.menarebetterthanwomen.com
Posted Image
Timeless guide to warrior : http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

#16 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Moderators
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:44 AM

View PostKelustu, on 09 November 2012 - 11:29 PM, said:

I assumed this was common knowledge by now, but it was still very well explained.

There's a feminist in my American Political Thought class. We started the semester by going over Locke. My professor mentioned that Locke was actually very modern for his time, arguing that men and women should have equal roles in raising their children, except when they disagree something, the father should have priority. She yells about how it's not really equality because the father is still taking control. We spent the entire fucking class period explaining how equalist and modern Locke's view was in relation to the time he wrote it. She keeps bringing it up every single class. I hate her so much.

Tell me you speak up @ her.  Please.

bk said:

I used to beat off alot, and fail all my classes

Insight said:

I figured he's a phony but I was secretly hoping to get pounded by someone famous.

View PostTw1zle, on 07 August 2011 - 11:05 PM, said:

i wasnt aware that america was a country

i guess we learn things every day

#17 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Moderators
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:44 AM

At the very least I'd probably be saying "holy shit dude" every time she talked, loud enough so she could hear it.  100%

bk said:

I used to beat off alot, and fail all my classes

Insight said:

I figured he's a phony but I was secretly hoping to get pounded by someone famous.

View PostTw1zle, on 07 August 2011 - 11:05 PM, said:

i wasnt aware that america was a country

i guess we learn things every day

#18 Kelustu

Kelustu
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:52 AM

View PostBuglamp, on 09 November 2012 - 11:35 PM, said:

They go into lower paying fields, are more likely to be in part-time jobs and often take time off to raise or have children. There may be some sexism in pushing women to go into those lower paying fields as a product of society, but the pay gap when controlling for field, level of education and time spent is largely nonexistent (2 cents on average).
Posted Image

#19 Kelustu

Kelustu
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:08 AM

View PostSykeasaurus, on 10 November 2012 - 12:44 AM, said:

Tell me you speak up @ her.  Please.

Our entire class does. Even the professor kicked her out last week.
Posted Image

#20 Theoh

Theoh
  • Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:29 AM

View PostKelustu, on 10 November 2012 - 01:08 AM, said:

Our entire class does. Even the professor kicked her out last week.

typical. trying to silence the victim.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<