skeetzxo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/0/0/2
  • RBG: 2045

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:16 AM

Hey arenajunkies! As usual I'm coming to you guys for an honest opinion on how my Unholy Death Knight Guide comes across to the viewers.

I made it for new players to a Death Knight so if you're a pro you probably won't learn anything! Thanks!

Posted Image

#2 JackBlackxx

JackBlackxx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Unholy 0/1/2/0/0/2
  • RBG: 2418

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:11 PM

One thing you might want to include is cancelaura :) to not get feared from a pala / rooted by a priest while lichborne, remove hop faster and remove freedom before mage's steal it :P

/cancelaura lichborne
/cancelaura hand of protection
/cancelaura hand of freedom

Also target 1-2-3 macro's, focus 1-2-3 macro's, grip, chains and strang arena 1-2-3 macro's  can be very handy imo!

Edited by JackBlackxx, 08 November 2012 - 12:18 PM.

Posted Image

• Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy 2/0/2/0/0/2
  • RBG: 1866

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:00 PM

As above, cancelauras are very useful. I myself have one keybind in which I have almost every spell I could think of that I'd want to cancel.

Other than that, I think it's a nice little guide on Unholy, though it barely touches any gameplay. The fights at the end don't show new players anything, all they will see is people dying to you. They won't know why, or how.

Also, I'm firmly against macroing Blood Tap into any of my abilities. Sometimes I don't want to use my stacks, but having a macro force that onto me takes the choice away.
Posted Image

#4 skeetzxo

skeetzxo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:02 PM

View PostJackBlackxx, on 08 November 2012 - 12:11 PM, said:

One thing you might want to include is cancelaura :) to not get feared from a pala / rooted by a priest while lichborne, remove hop faster and remove freedom before mage's steal it :P

/cancelaura lichborne
/cancelaura hand of protection
/cancelaura hand of freedom

Also target 1-2-3 macro's, focus 1-2-3 macro's, grip, chains and strang arena 1-2-3 macro's  can be very handy imo!

View Postnoobie25, on 08 November 2012 - 01:00 PM, said:

As above, cancelauras are very useful. I myself have one keybind in which I have almost every spell I could think of that I'd want to cancel.

Other than that, I think it's a nice little guide on Unholy, though it barely touches any gameplay. The fights at the end don't show new players anything, all they will see is people dying to you. They won't know why, or how.

Also, I'm firmly against macroing Blood Tap into any of my abilities. Sometimes I don't want to use my stacks, but having a macro force that onto me takes the choice away.

I have all of those personally, I'll go into more advanced stuff later on. This is mainly for new players to Unholy (as stated in the OP). As for Blood tap, I also have that on a separate bound except I do have it in strangulate seeing as it's a 2 minute cooldown.

Thanks for the comments though!
Posted Image

#5 FTRouslan

FTRouslan
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Maiev
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Frost
  • RBG: 1141

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:54 PM

I like this guide! It's interesting enough to make me consider coming back to MoP to play unholy, although I'd like you to discuss other glyphs/talent choices because I disagree with some of the choices made in the video. They're not terrible though, far from it. Good luck!

#6 skeetzxo

skeetzxo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:59 AM

View PostFTRouslan, on 08 November 2012 - 07:54 PM, said:

I like this guide! It's interesting enough to make me consider coming back to MoP to play unholy, although I'd like you to discuss other glyphs/talent choices because I disagree with some of the choices made in the video. They're not terrible though, far from it. Good luck!

I didn't put in Glyph of Icy Touch and DS because I was trying to teach new players. If I had of included those and tried to teach them to track spells to dispel as well as managing runes to still be able to dispel and be offensive, as well has trying to teach them mouse over macros or arena123 macros it might of been a bit to much information for a new player.

The most I can hope for is this will get some DK's back into unholy and out of frost. Thanks for the comment!
Posted Image

#7 FTRouslan

FTRouslan
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Maiev
  • Whirlwind

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:09 AM

View Postskeetzxo, on 09 November 2012 - 12:59 AM, said:

I didn't put in Glyph of Icy Touch and DS because I was trying to teach new players. If I had of included those and tried to teach them to track spells to dispel as well as managing runes to still be able to dispel and be offensive, as well has trying to teach them mouse over macros or arena123 macros it might of been a bit to much information for a new player.

The most I can hope for is this will get some DK's back into unholy and out of frost. Thanks for the comment!

The biggest turnoff for me this season is having a class that has barely changed and came out of Cataclysm rather ill-equiped to deal with the rigors of an 8 second dispell, massive melee burst damage, and overall stale mechanics, especially regarding our CC like strangulate.

We lost a lot more than we gained, and we're set to lose more in areas we can ill-afford (survivability).

I have another question, is there a way to macro in scourge strike and necrotic strike into the same macro? I'm rather short on comfortable keybinds for damage moves, so that would be helpful.

• Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:16 AM

View PostFTRouslan, on 11 November 2012 - 04:09 AM, said:

The biggest turnoff for me this season is having a class that has barely changed and came out of Cataclysm rather ill-equiped to deal with the rigors of an 8 second dispell, massive melee burst damage, and overall stale mechanics, especially regarding our CC like strangulate.

We lost a lot more than we gained, and we're set to lose more in areas we can ill-afford (survivability).

I have another question, is there a way to macro in scourge strike and necrotic strike into the same macro? I'm rather short on comfortable keybinds for damage moves, so that would be helpful.

I just wish they hadn't changed Unholy at all. The Cataclysm version was perfect in my opinion. Now, with MoP, Frost has everything Unholy ever had, but with more burst damage. The only gain from unholy is the really strong Necrotics and a bit more control because of the petstun, which is why I still prefer unholy over frost.

And no, as far as I know, you can't create a macro that'll use a different move depending on what runes you have or something. The only option would be to go with the good old /cast [mod:shift] Scourge Strike, Necrotic Strike;
Posted Image

#9 FTRouslan

FTRouslan
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Maiev
  • Whirlwind

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:06 PM

View Postnoobie25, on 11 November 2012 - 10:16 AM, said:

I just wish they hadn't changed Unholy at all. The Cataclysm version was perfect in my opinion. Now, with MoP, Frost has everything Unholy ever had, but with more burst damage. The only gain from unholy is the really strong Necrotics and a bit more control because of the petstun, which is why I still prefer unholy over frost.

And no, as far as I know, you can't create a macro that'll use a different move depending on what runes you have or something. The only option would be to go with the good old /cast [mod:shift] Scourge Strike, Necrotic Strike;

Meh! Thanks though, I almost completely agree with your opinion. I mean not being able to dark sim bubble or block, when every other team has a class that can crit you for like 200k? Maaaaaaaaan...

But DKs are all I'll ever be, keep on fighting the good fight Skeetz, sorry to bring my bitching into the thread. Hopefully it served as a useful bump.

• Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:17 PM

View PostFTRouslan, on 11 November 2012 - 08:06 PM, said:

Meh! Thanks though, I almost completely agree with your opinion. I mean not being able to dark sim bubble or block, when every other team has a class that can crit you for like 200k? Maaaaaaaaan...

But DKs are all I'll ever be, keep on fighting the good fight Skeetz, sorry to bring my bitching into the thread. Hopefully it served as a useful bump.

DK most fun class. Noone to tell me no!
Posted Image

#11 Marceus

Marceus
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 1603

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:07 AM

View Postnoobie25, on 11 November 2012 - 09:17 PM, said:

DK most fun class. Noone to tell me no!

Couldn't have said it any better!
"Nerf Paper, but Scissors are fine"-Rock

#12 FTRouslan

FTRouslan
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Maiev
  • Whirlwind

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:02 PM

Yeah, being good as unholy feels a lot more rewarding than any other class.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<