• Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:44 PM

View Postaveragepriestz, on 08 November 2012 - 08:29 AM, said:

Maybe you should learn to read aswell, while you are it it calling others out.

Daeco0r or w/e his name is. The Warrior from Method linked the blue post first (omgomgomg).
Obviously you didn't understand my post; all my post was saying is that THIS BLUE RESPONSE WAS ALREADY POSTED BEFORE AND THEREFORE THERE IS NO MORE NEED TO WHINE ABOUT TFB. Read my post again and if you have questions come see me after class.

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#62 pyrellael_3428244

pyrellael_3428244
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Kirin Tor
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Elemental 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1937
  • 3v3: 2319

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:09 PM

I just don't understand why blizzard adds these ultra rng abilities into the game in general. It's just not skillful to one shot anyone.
I also can't fathom why they think avatars nerf is going to help prevent uptime. Double charge and leap on short cds and if the warrior is smart intervene to a banner near their target and continue to train it.
At least I won't die in a shockwave/pummel blanket in 5.1! (jk heroic strike for 400k with upgraded gear/t2wep) =(

#63 oiml

oiml
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Antonidas
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 1/2/2/2/0/1

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:36 PM

View Postpyrellael_3428244, on 08 November 2012 - 07:09 PM, said:

I just don't understand why blizzard adds these ultra rng abilities into the game in general. It's just not skillful to one shot anyone.

They kept the spellreflect meta in the game for four expansions now, and you are seriously asking this question ?

#64 2infinitysv

2infinitysv
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/2/1/2/.

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:51 PM

buff rogues

byeee

#65 Libyanator

Libyanator
  • Barasi
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2401

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:07 PM

View Postoiml, on 08 November 2012 - 08:36 PM, said:

They kept the spellreflect meta in the game for four expansions now, and you are seriously asking this question ?

spell reflect meta doesn't hit for 407k in a global
[3:54:02 AM] Obelodalix: When it's full on flop
[3:54:06 AM] Obelodalix: Mine just gets lost
[3:54:09 AM] Obelodalix: in a sea of balls
[3:54:11 AM] Obelodalix: cuz I'm danny hart

#66 pyrellael_3428244

pyrellael_3428244
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Kirin Tor
  • Rampage

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:27 PM

View Postoiml, on 08 November 2012 - 08:36 PM, said:

True story. I forget about that meta cause I generally don't see it. Then I get all madbro when I reflect hoj onto myself.
But seriously one shotting blizzard probably won't fix this taste for blood thing, warriors aren't top dps in pve.

#67 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:41 PM

View Postpyrellael_3428244, on 08 November 2012 - 10:27 PM, said:

True story. I forget about that meta cause I generally don't see it. Then I get all madbro when I reflect hoj onto myself.
But seriously one shotting blizzard probably won't fix this taste for blood thing, warriors aren't top dps in pve.
Do yourself a favor and read the previous posts - you will find out that it WILL be fixed......

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#68 pyrellael_3428244

pyrellael_3428244
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Kirin Tor
  • Rampage

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:44 PM

View PostBraindance, on 08 November 2012 - 10:41 PM, said:

Do yourself a favor and read the previous posts - you will find out that it WILL be fixed......
I've read them, it's just testing so far we'll see if the changes come if any.

#69 Nightmonkey

Nightmonkey
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/0/0
  • RBG: 1999

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:13 AM

I play my Warrior quite a bit and I really don't like the way they work now.  I had a really long 2's game just yesterday that went on for what seemed like at least 30-40 minutes.  It was Warrior/Monk(healer) vs. Warrior/Hpal.  The other Warrior was playing super defensive whenever I would get on his Paladin so there was no hope of ever being able to kill him, and both healers sat at 75-100% mana whenever the Warriors attacked each other.

And so it went, cycling offensive and defensive cooldowns until I glanced up and noticed I had a 4 stack of TfB and the other Warrior was at about 50-60% hp.  I pressed the macro that every Warrior has that uses every offensive cooldown at once, and I hit him for 130k heroic strike into 90k execute (30k overkill).

I hate this sort of play.  Outside of 4 or 5 stacks of TfB and the 5 min cooldown button, no ability I used ever did more than 15-20k, with most of them being 5-10k.  I only got up to 4 stacks once, and that's where the match ended.

The Taste for Blood ability needs to be less random and more consistent.  How much more consistent needs to be determined through testing.  I don't like winning because I got lucky.  I don't want to feel like I have to get lucky in order to cause any real pressure.  I don't want to feel like I can only create pressure once every 5 minutes because I blew every cooldown.

The part that bothers me the most is that they will nerf TfB, eventually nerf using all cooldowns together, and will be removing Gag Order - and then what will Warriors have?  Good mobility and pretty bad damage compared to other classes.  These things need to be removed, but something needs to be done to make sure they don't fall too far behind compared to other classes.

#70 phishy

phishy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Laughing Skull
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:59 AM

View PostNightmonkey, on 09 November 2012 - 03:13 AM, said:

I play my Warrior quite a bit and I really don't like the way they work now.  I had a really long 2's game just yesterday that went on for what seemed like at least 30-40 minutes.  It was Warrior/Monk(healer) vs. Warrior/Hpal.  The other Warrior was playing super defensive whenever I would get on his Paladin so there was no hope of ever being able to kill him, and both healers sat at 75-100% mana whenever the Warriors attacked each other.

And so it went, cycling offensive and defensive cooldowns until I glanced up and noticed I had a 4 stack of TfB and the other Warrior was at about 50-60% hp.  I pressed the macro that every Warrior has that uses every offensive cooldown at once, and I hit him for 130k heroic strike into 90k execute (30k overkill).

I hate this sort of play.  Outside of 4 or 5 stacks of TfB and the 5 min cooldown button, no ability I used ever did more than 15-20k, with most of them being 5-10k.  I only got up to 4 stacks once, and that's where the match ended.

The Taste for Blood ability needs to be less random and more consistent.  How much more consistent needs to be determined through testing.  I don't like winning because I got lucky.  I don't want to feel like I have to get lucky in order to cause any real pressure.  I don't want to feel like I can only create pressure once every 5 minutes because I blew every cooldown.

The part that bothers me the most is that they will nerf TfB, eventually nerf using all cooldowns together, and will be removing Gag Order - and then what will Warriors have?  Good mobility and pretty bad damage compared to other classes.  These things need to be removed, but something needs to be done to make sure they don't fall too far behind compared to other classes.

It's probably the main reason why pvp in MoP is such a failure, this whole idea of healing far outclassing dmg until cooldowns are popped and then dmg goes through the roof. It's terrible design. I cannot agree with you on warriors current and potential state, however. Warriors are so much better than other classes right now that the current PTR changes will only knock them down a peg, which is still as good if not still better than most other classes.

#71 Pinka

Pinka
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 1850
  • 3v3: 2505
  • 5v5: 2388
  • RBG: 2455

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:18 AM

4 stacks of TFB rng is bad but its totally fine for locks to do the same dmg with a chaos bolt (cause its hard to get off). Still chaost bolt is barely mentioned. Cause its like a stealth fighter flying past the warrior qq radar.
Posted Image

#72 Jokerplex

Jokerplex
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/0/2/1/1

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:19 AM

View PostPinka, on 09 November 2012 - 10:18 AM, said:

4 stacks of TFB rng is bad but its totally fine for locks to do the same dmg with a chaos bolt (cause its hard to get off). Still chaost bolt is barely mentioned. Cause its like a stealth fighter flying past the warrior qq radar.

As were warriors with BM hunters.

I also called this

#73 Hendie

Hendie
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:41 AM

Posted Image
From 88% to 1% in 0.02... :(

Edited by Hendie, 09 November 2012 - 10:43 AM.

www.twitch.tv/Hendiee

#74 Domesauce

Domesauce
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2098

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:49 AM

View PostHendie, on 09 November 2012 - 10:41 AM, said:

Spoiler
From 88% to 1% in 0.02... :(

Blizzard response- This took considerable uptime and an entire talent tier ability. Next time, try keeping him on focus (use "/focus"!) and counter the warriors cooldowns with some of your own. As a druid, you have barkskin, treeform, nature's swiftness, and swiftmend to heal up after taking damage. You can also cyclone and root the warrior. Remember, you play arena with teammates, so try communicating with them to control the enemy at key moments.

#75 Domesauce

Domesauce
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2098

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:51 AM

Also, this situation is rare so it's not relevant to balance. Fixing it would only stop these flashy pictures and videos.

#76 Ctuhlu

Ctuhlu
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:35 AM

TLDR dodge it, in a game with no dodge button

Fourreur said:

we have to switch to them making the decision to pop reck or not to pop reck

#77 methodman2

methodman2
  • Mèthøðmåñ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/0/0/0/0
  • RBG: 1147

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:09 PM

View PostNightmonkey, on 09 November 2012 - 03:13 AM, said:

this exactly explains how warriors are right now. have the same issue playing my alt.

the whole strong abilities with long cooldowns design is flawed and gimmicky, it has always been the main issue with this game.

the ideology of abilities being a small enhancement to the class/pvp with a short cooldown is a much more successful way of balancing.

there are so many ways to work around TFB being ridiculous, without completely destroying warriors but the developers are more interested in playing with their colleague's fucking nutsacks

#78 Claynz

Claynz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1344
  • LocationNorway

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:46 PM

Back on topic; we are going to be trying out a change on the PTR where Taste for Blood will only be able to stack to a maximum of three. As has been said earlier in the thread and by Ghostcrawler on Twitter, the chance of getting five stacks is so incredibly low that this will have very little balance implications. We do admit though, the lack of it continuing to occur after this will be a nice quality of life and balance change.

There you go. Nerfed

#79 Axar81

Axar81
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Protection 2/1/1/1/0/2
  • RBG: 2108

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:48 PM

View PostClaynz, on 09 November 2012 - 01:46 PM, said:

Back on topic; we are going to be trying out a change on the PTR where Taste for Blood will only be able to stack to a maximum of three. As has been said earlier in the thread and by Ghostcrawler on Twitter, the chance of getting five stacks is so incredibly low that this will have very little balance implications. We do admit though, the lack of it continuing to occur after this will be a nice quality of life and balance change.

In 3s match on decent mmr, you will be not able to stack more then three anyway.

#80 Claynz

Claynz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1344
  • LocationNorway

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:00 PM

View PostAxar81, on 09 November 2012 - 01:48 PM, said:

In 3s match on decent mmr, you will be not able to stack more then three anyway.

Still removes the RNG kills from the warriors that do get 5 stacks like in Tosans movie.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<