#1 Ickz

Ickz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Brewmaster 0/0/0/2/0/1

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:56 AM

For PvE, I know monks are prioritizing mastery last with haste and crit being better (after exp/hit caps of course). What is everyone's experience with mastery for pvp? Seems like it would produce higher burst potential? The few 1900 rated monks or so I've seen seem to be reforging to crit and mastery.

#2 Klonken

Klonken
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Alonsus
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/2/1
  • RBG: 192

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:13 PM

ur talking dps wise or healing wise?

#3 Emoeritz

Emoeritz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2056

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:16 PM

I am quite sure he meant windwalker monks.

As MW you wouldn't even consider mastery, ever.

#4 Ickz

Ickz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Brewmaster 0/0/0/2/0/1

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:27 AM

Yes, I'm talking WW.

#5 dirtymoney

dirtymoney
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/1/2/1/1
  • RBG: 2265

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:22 AM

never mastery, especially after patch with tiger palm buff. I'll reforge everything i can to crit with haste being my main stat

#6 Woodyhoho

Woodyhoho
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Brewmaster 1/0/1/2/0/0
  • RBG: 2253

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:40 PM

You should go crit all the way.  To little uptime to bother with mastery / haste.

#7 EpiTeK

EpiTeK
  • Junkies
  • Unknown Raceclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Elemental 1/1/2/2/1/2
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationQuebec, Canada

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:22 PM

Why is crit so good for WW Monks?

I know for brewmaster it gives you Elusive Brew but I can't find any passive that justify going crit over haste or even mastery.
I are french!

#8 Lilyi

Lilyi
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Discipline 0/0/1/0/1/2
  • RBG: 1136

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:27 PM

As far as I understand it:

Haste - Highest PvE damage secondary stat on target-dummy fights where you have high melee up-time. People don't like haste as much as in PvP as PvE because you have limited up-time in melee range of your target, giving you more time to regen energy. If you don't ever bottom out your energy (with good energizing brew usage), you have enough haste. If you ever hit full energy mid-fight, you might have too much haste.

Mastery - The primary benefit is being able to get more back-to-back blackout kicks for more burst, while also giving you more 'bang for your buck' on your energy usage, extending the life of your energy bar (similar effect to haste). It also makes the tiger power buff slightly easier to maintain. The drawback is that mastery's benefit on spinning fire blossom is zero, which as I understand is used pretty heavily vs. medium and high armor targets.

Crit - Affects everything, and is pretty competitive with the other stats even in target-dummy style dps with high up-time on the target. The drawback is that it offers slightly less controllable burst, particularly vs. low armor targets where blackout kick is your go-to chi dump.

Expertise - Offers the highest and most consistent damage and chi generation vs classes with more dodge/parry than your current expertise percentage. Also reduces the chance of getting screwed on a leg sweep dodge/parry. Value drops to zero when hitting targets with less dodge/parry than your current expertise percentages, when using spinning fire blossom, or when attacking targets who are stunned. If you fight a lot of teams where you sit on targets with high dodge/parry outside of stuns most of the time (i.e. rogue, warrior, hunter, dk, windwalker monk), this might be a good stat to invest more heavily in, but maybe not if you use a lot of SFB.

Edited by Lilyi, 19 November 2012 - 12:05 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<