• Wèntworth
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/2/0/2/0
  • RBG: 583

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:14 AM

Why would you ever play affliction without GoSac anyway? Not like the other grimoires improve your dot or multitarget damage in any way. GoSac is far superior to the other two.

I find a lot better to play with supremacy and soul link, gosac isn't rly good as affli, because you can't spam haunt, you almost never use drain soul and malefic gasp isn't used all the time ... If GoSac would increase dot damage, i'd say go for it but it's not the case.
The pet do pretty good damage and it's easier to CS with plus atm healers go oom pretty fast, so it's always useful to have a pet.

Affli : Supremacy
Destro : GoSac

Edited by Bonjourhihi, 08 November 2012 - 02:25 AM.

#22 varvaros

varvaros
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:34 AM

I tried some demo with shaman/moonkin.The overall dmg was decent but i felt i was doing something wrong.I have a few questions so please enlighten me. ^_^
1)How do you spend your globals excluding corruption and cc chains(fear/stun/coil). -i m spamming fel flame :mellow:
2)Do you spend your fury spreading doom?
3)Is immolation aura worth pressing?
4)When to use demon form?At full fury with cd(every 2m) or at every decent opportunity you get(but no full fury in that case)

I understand the comp isn't as good as with a mage,but i'm more interested in learning demo's playstyle.So if anything comes to mind feel free to add it.A decent video or stream could be helpful too.
Neigh! Whinny!

#23 Stigz

Stigz
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration 0/0/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1666
  • LocationFinland

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:13 AM

View Postvarvaros, on 08 November 2012 - 08:34 AM, said:

I tried some demo with shaman/moonkin.The overall dmg was decent but i felt i was doing something wrong.I have a few questions so please enlighten me. ^_^
1)How do you spend your globals excluding corruption and cc chains(fear/stun/coil). -i m spamming fel flame :mellow:
2)Do you spend your fury spreading doom?
3)Is immolation aura worth pressing?
4)When to use demon form?At full fury with cd(every 2m) or at every decent opportunity you get(but no full fury in that case)

I understand the comp isn't as good as with a mage,but i'm more interested in learning demo's playstyle.So if anything comes to mind feel free to add it.A decent video or stream could be helpful too.

Boomkin/Demo/Healer can ditch out some seriously retarded AOE pressure, I guess that is some place to start at.
Posted Image
63% Resilience, Destro is hard?

#24 Chanimal

Chanimal

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:12 AM

View PostBonjourhihi, on 08 November 2012 - 02:14 AM, said:

I find a lot better to play with supremacy and soul link, gosac isn't rly good as affli, because you can't spam haunt, you almost never use drain soul and malefic gasp isn't used all the time ... If GoSac would increase dot damage, i'd say go for it but it's not the case.
The pet do pretty good damage and it's easier to CS with plus atm healers go oom pretty fast, so it's always useful to have a pet.

Affli : Supremacy
Destro : GoSac

affliction's spread pressure is terrible now, it's much better to get GoSac and do pressure from haunt / MG since those two spells are the only thing making affliction do any damage right now
twitch.tv/chanimaly follow me!

#25 Ermurazorqt

Ermurazorqt
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 768

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:17 AM

Playing some demo LSD, but like someone previously mentioned KFC can shit on the ele shaman quite hard. I also tried destruction but tbh it's the most boring specc i've ever played and affliction is too easily outhealed. As demo you can actually do unstoppable high damage with cd's while destruction is the easiest to stop and affliction doesn't do enough dmg.

I think demo with a dot class like fire mage / Moonkin / SP also could be similar to the effect LSD 2 had in S11 with good spread damage.

#26 Domesauce

Domesauce
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2098

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:53 AM

Demo shadowcleave might actually be real. Aoe grip + chaos wave + howling blast + fel storm is pretty obscene even without CDs, but you might just autolose to good cleaves

#27 Nadagast

Nadagast
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1878
  • 3v3: 2779

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:26 PM

My thoughts on the last few posts:

Demo Boomkin Shaman might be pretty good, depending on how strong Boomkins are (I really do not know).  Here are answers to your four questions.

1. Lots of Fel Flame.  Sounds like you're doing it about right.  Kinda unfortunate that this is the playstyle, but it is what it is.
2. Doom is useful when it will not be dispelled.  Use judgement.
3. I'm having a hard time thinking of a time where Immolation Aura would be worth pressing.
4. This is also judgement.  If your partner has significant damage, you may want to swap in and double Chaos Wave without any CDs up.  But the fury cost is significant, so be careful.  Also make sure you're swapping into demon form every 30s to keep up Aura of Enfeeblement.

I played some Demo LSD with Ele Shaman, and Ele just feels weak.  I think the main problem is that Ele defense is weak.  Maybe if I worked at it more that comp could be decent, but it felt pretty hopeless that it'd ever be near MLS.

Demo DKLS would be super good I think, but again, DK defense feels weak.  DKs cooldowns haven't really significantly changed, whereas everyone else got a bunch of CDs in MoP.  They feel behind in the CD department.  But I expect the damage you could output would be absolutely insane.

Edited by Nadagast, 08 November 2012 - 08:26 PM.

#28 Manath

Manath
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aman'Thul
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • RBG: 1802

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:19 PM

do i sac my felguard as demo before i pop everyting to burst? or is the superdemon/2nd demon the better choice?

#29 Smir

Smir
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/2/0/2/0
  • LocationAustria

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:34 PM

with no ms you normally use wrathguard
and with a (e.g.) war u use grimoire of service and felguard, they do a lot of dmg

you dont sacc

#30 Manath

Manath
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aman'Thul
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • RBG: 1802

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:12 PM

okay, thanks

#31 Barashade

Barashade
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravenholdt
  • Misery
  • Talents: Affliction
  • RBG: 2426

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:17 AM

How is pet survivability as demo? Yet to try it myself on higher ratings.

#32 vacantt

vacantt
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:01 PM

delete please

Edited by vacantt, 10 November 2012 - 11:17 PM.

#33 Beldam

Beldam
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2306

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:44 AM

I just hit 90 so I don't have arena xp yet this season but it seems like people aren't taking mortal coil while playing demo.  Is howl of terror  necessary even with blood pact?  I could see combining mortal coil with mage deep freeze or warrior shockwave; and it's only a 45s cooldown, has anyone tried it?

Noriyasu said:

this is such a retarded change, rogues are going to get gibbed right and left after wotf'ing a fear because they can't trinket a cs/kidney.

Powerslave said:

you will not be able to bladestorm ever post patch

#34 Nycto

Nycto
  • Junkies

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:39 AM

View PostBeldam, on 12 November 2012 - 02:44 AM, said:

I just hit 90 so I don't have arena xp yet this season but it seems like people aren't taking mortal coil while playing demo.  Is howl of terror  necessary even with blood pact?  I could see combining mortal coil with mage deep freeze or warrior shockwave; and it's only a 45s cooldown, has anyone tried it?
Yeah, but the cc from howl or shadowfury is better in the majority of situations, a mage deep + blanket CS is enough time to kill someone while you cc someone else anyway.

#35 Pandalol

Pandalol
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Balance 0/0/2/1/2/2
  • RBG: 2357

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:44 PM

View PostNadagast, on 08 November 2012 - 08:26 PM, said:

My thoughts on the last few posts:

Demo Boomkin Shaman might be pretty good, depending on how strong Boomkins are (I really do not know).  Here are answers to your four questions.

1. Lots of Fel Flame.  Sounds like you're doing it about right.  Kinda unfortunate that this is the playstyle, but it is what it is.
2. Doom is useful when it will not be dispelled.  Use judgement.
3. I'm having a hard time thinking of a time where Immolation Aura would be worth pressing.
4. This is also judgement.  If your partner has significant damage, you may want to swap in and double Chaos Wave without any CDs up.  But the fury cost is significant, so be careful.  Also make sure you're swapping into demon form every 30s to keep up Aura of Enfeeblement.

I played some Demo LSD with Ele Shaman, and Ele just feels weak.  I think the main problem is that Ele defense is weak.  Maybe if I worked at it more that comp could be decent, but it felt pretty hopeless that it'd ever be near MLS.

Demo DKLS would be super good I think, but again, DK defense feels weak.  DKs cooldowns haven't really significantly changed, whereas everyone else got a bunch of CDs in MoP.  They feel behind in the CD department.  But I expect the damage you could output would be absolutely insane.

Played it tonight (moonkin/demo/sham). Its very very strong. People talk about swifty one shot macros but never seem to realize that moonkin honestly prolly have the strongest one. With all my shit popped I starsurge for about 185k on average. And even outside of CD's my spread pressure is not bad. Demo lock aura, bloodfear, and your burst just make it out of this world.

#36 Nadagast

Nadagast
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:16 PM

View PostPandalol, on 12 November 2012 - 03:44 PM, said:

Played it tonight (moonkin/demo/sham). Its very very strong. People talk about swifty one shot macros but never seem to realize that moonkin honestly prolly have the strongest one. With all my shit popped I starsurge for about 185k on average. And even outside of CD's my spread pressure is not bad. Demo lock aura, bloodfear, and your burst just make it out of this world.

Interesting!  How is Moonkin survivability?  Offheals?  Do they still do mega DoT pressure outside of CDs, or are they mostly a CD class now?

#37 Pandalol

Pandalol
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Balance 0/0/2/1/2/2
  • RBG: 2357

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:21 PM

View PostNadagast, on 12 November 2012 - 09:16 PM, said:

Interesting!  How is Moonkin survivability?  Offheals?  Do they still do mega DoT pressure outside of CDs, or are they mostly a CD class now?

Moonkins are brick shithouses. I cant count on 1 hand the amount of times ive died this season. With competent partners they just arnt viable targets. 15% passive reduction, displacer, bark, might of ursoc, and most importantly symbiosis with a lock (I get a better version of undending resolve. Mine is 50% for 12 seconds.) Not to mention I give you rejuv, which is actually pretty insane overall. Its the best symbiosis pairing that moonkin can get. Offheals are ok, 1 min NS is the biggie but its strong enough to keep a shaman up through godcomp deepfreezes with the shaman doing nothing. And most kills come through CD's like every single class minus mages, but even our dot pressure outside cd's is decent. Starfall got a big buff so shifting to lunar often is really helpful. Also with our CD's up moonfire applies both dots with 1 global, so I often get every single classes defensives with my first offensive CD usage.

Ive played with a warlock trying every spec. Nanigans and Kigz as affliction and destro, and recently Slip in mostly blues as demo. Its actually stupid how much easier it is as demo.

Edited by Pandalol, 12 November 2012 - 10:29 PM.

#38 Nadagast

Nadagast
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:57 PM

Yeah I'm pretty sure that Affliction and Destruction are just terrible specs.  Demo is pretty solid right now though...  Hm.  Interesting.  :)

I may have to try some LSD!

#39 saffie

saffie
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2112

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:06 AM

View PostNadagast, on 12 November 2012 - 11:57 PM, said:

Yeah I'm pretty sure that Affliction and Destruction are just terrible specs.  Demo is pretty solid right now though...  Hm.  Interesting.  :)

start with mushrooms first.

#40 Slipnslidejr

Slipnslidejr
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1051
  • 3v3: 1056
  • 5v5: 1055
  • RBG: 2211

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:23 AM

View PostNadagast, on 12 November 2012 - 11:57 PM, said:

Nada Destro owns

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<