• Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1878
  • 3v3: 2779

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:10 AM

This forum seems quite dead relative to other class forums... let's get some productive discussion going!

Share your favorite comps/specs and any random tips you've found to be useful.

I've been playing a fair amount of Demo MLS, and it seems to me like it's one of the strongest comps in the game.  I'm not sure what type of Demo tips to share, so if anyone has any questions about Demo, I'll do my best to answer here.

I also have a question: Has anyone had any success with playing single target Affliction?  With Grimoire of Sacrifice, Soul Swap glyph, using most of your shards on Haunt instead of SB:SS, and sitting there channelling Malefic Grasp, the damage could be low overall but decent single target/burst damage?  I don't expect this to be good, but I'm curious if anyone has tried it, and who knows, maybe I'll be surprised.

#2 Shadowtiger

Shadowtiger
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Stormreaver
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:15 AM

Some contribution from this class also, regarding Demo: Only met 1 demo warlock thus far and it was in 5s. And it looked realy strong, so surprised you don't see more of 'em.

#3 Numbtoes

Numbtoes
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Feral

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:07 AM

Those aoe auras make me cry :'(.

#4 Domesauce

Domesauce
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2098

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:10 AM

View PostNadagast, on 07 November 2012 - 12:10 AM, said:

I also have a question: Has anyone had any success with playing single target Affliction?  With Grimoire of Sacrifice, Soul Swap glyph, using most of your shards on Haunt instead of SB:SS, and sitting there channelling Malefic Grasp, the damage could be low overall but decent single target/burst damage?  I don't expect this to be good, but I'm curious if anyone has tried it, and who knows, maybe I'll be surprised.

Yea I was doing exactly that at 23-24 playing fire MLS. You're still mostly just a blood fear bot while mage one shots in deep freeze though. You can get cooldowns/kills if the other team completely ignores you, but it's a lot of casting and a lot of globals. I don't see any reason to play it over Demo.

#5 Regent

Regent

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:24 AM

I have always liked playing MLS on my alts, but that is mostly because there have been times when it has been extremely OP.

#6 Eiviyn

Eiviyn
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/0/2/0

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:31 AM

View PostNumbtoes, on 07 November 2012 - 01:07 AM, said:

Best part about demo. Stating the obvious incase anyone doesn't know, you can use macros like;

#showtooltip Metamorphosis
/castsequence reset=5 Metamorphosis, Aura of Enfeeblement
/cancelaura Metamorphosis

(mash twice)

Aura sticks even when you leave meta. Costs 0.5 sec of GCD and 3.5 fel flames worth of demonic fury.

#7 slantsix

slantsix
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction 0/0/0/0/2/2
  • RBG: 2421

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:30 AM

been playing mlp/mls/mld as destro and having lots of fun. Only comp that comes close to difficult is shatterplay. Rolled a few demo locks as they just fall over to caster comps.

#8 Smir

Smir
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/2/0/2/0
  • LocationAustria

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:42 AM

i would love to try ret, demolock restosham
has any1 played this sofar?

also my most favourit comp would be destro/demolock/frostmage/warlock

did try demolock sp rdruid and wasnt that much fun vs godcomp (vs other teams it was nice)

#9 alleaya

alleaya
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Hellscream
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Discipline 1/2/1/0/2/2
  • RBG: 2053

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:22 AM

played afflction lsd start of season and got rolled by every kfc (95% of teams on my BG are KFC) aint played my lock since, tempted to try demo though but never played it really.

#10 Hiddenstalke

Hiddenstalke
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/2/0/0/1/.
  • 2v2: 2701
  • 3v3: 2872
  • 5v5: 2326
  • RBG: 1909

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:42 AM

Destro/MM/healer  Sub/MM/healer (i enjoy playing RMP too -on lvl 80 realms tho as priest)
www.twitch.tv/hiddenstalkeeu

#11 Canadianpimp_613638

Canadianpimp_613638
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Discipline 2/2/1/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1822

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:46 PM

Just been playing w/ friends from high school at like 2k-2100 but Destro MLD seems pretty decent.

Saccing an Imp is really good against most teams for defensive dispel since your mage already has a CS. Just respecced Demo yesterday trying to learn. So what's the consensus on the Grimoire talent? Use Wrathguard for 25% MS with partners without MS and Service for extra burst/utility during Dark Soul? Also are you guys popping imps early to build fury or saving them for burst?

#12 Chillywillyx

Chillywillyx
  • Chillywilly
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Guardian 2/0/0/1/2/1
  • RBG: 960

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:30 PM

Fmp in cata , and Fms in MoP, due to me only enjoying the game when I play with mages or priests + How strong it was in cata
Tswizzle4Lyf3

#13 saffie

saffie
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2112

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:15 PM

MLD/MLS was decent, you cant do shit vs most comps as destro if they play it right but in general I enjoy it, demo is alright but it feels like you dont cast at all, especially for the burst. Affliction is the most boring spec of any class I have seen so far, I dont even have a spec for it aynmore.

#14 Tootzie

Tootzie
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Restoration 0/0/1/1/0/0

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:09 PM

Cata was RLS, wotlk was RLS, bc hands down RLD was my fav and overall was my favorite that comp felt like it had sooo much control.

#15 bighandxyz

bighandxyz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Fenris
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Blood 0/2/0/0/1/0
  • RBG: 2041

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:43 AM

View PostNumbtoes, on 07 November 2012 - 01:07 AM, said:

what aoe aura? immolation aura? they seem kinda costly for 4.5k dps, are they good for arena?

#16 Zander

Zander
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmane
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/1/2/2/2/2
  • RBG: 192

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:46 AM

Spriest/Unh DK/Rdruid (:
Still trying to get this comp going on my monk.

#17 Wallirik

Wallirik
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 2/0/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2643
  • 3v3: 3261
  • 5v5: 2737
  • RBG: 2654

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:28 AM

View Postbighandxyz, on 08 November 2012 - 12:43 AM, said:

what aoe aura? immolation aura? they seem kinda costly for 4.5k dps, are they good for arena?
aura of enfeeblement.
20% physical dmg reduction and 25% increased cast speed. 30sec duration

#18 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:48 AM

View PostNadagast, on 07 November 2012 - 12:10 AM, said:

Why would you ever play affliction without GoSac anyway? Not like the other grimoires improve your dot or multitarget damage in any way. GoSac is far superior to the other two.

But anyway it just gets fucked over by dispels. If you don't have shards and you get dispelled, yeah... you don't do damage for the next 3 globals, or 4 if you need to put a new curse too; that's not even mentioning that UA is a cast, and ignoring haunt. There's no way you'll have 2 shards every single time your dots are dispelled from the target you're trying to kill, so basically you'll always have to either cast dots or not have haunt up.

Soul Swap glyph is crap for this exact reason too, because in the situation that you do have spare shards, you might as well re-dot quickly with SB:SS instead of dealing with a cooldown on it.

TLDR it's shit.
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#19 Bonjourhihi

Bonjourhihi
  • Wèntworth
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/2/0/2/0
  • RBG: 583

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:53 AM

I play affliction with grimoire of supremacy and tbh i can say affli is pretty fine. You just need to play with a burst class such as Warrior or Mage.

Affliction might be the way to go for MoP, destro is unplayable against proper players and demo is shit, no one know how this spec works, so they are surprised to get oneshotted at some point during the game, it's easy to counter a demo lock, you just need to keep some cc/cs when he morph with burst cds ...

Edited by Bonjourhihi, 08 November 2012 - 02:00 AM.

#20 Synkz

Synkz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/0/2/0

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:56 AM

View PostThaya, on 08 November 2012 - 01:48 AM, said:

Why would you ever play affliction without GoSac anyway? Not like the other grimoires improve your dot or multitarget damage in any way. GoSac is far superior to the other two.

But anyway it just gets fucked over by dispels. If you don't have shards and you get dispelled, yeah... you don't do damage for the next 3 globals, or 4 if you need to put a new curse too; that's not even mentioning that UA is a cast, and ignoring haunt. There's no way you'll have 2 shards every single time your dots are dispelled from the target you're trying to kill, so basically you'll always have to either cast dots or not have haunt up.

Soul Swap glyph is crap for this exact reason too, because in the situation that you do have spare shards, you might as well re-dot quickly with SB:SS instead of dealing with a cooldown on it.

TLDR it's shit.

I thought that Grimoire of Service was decent now, since it actually locks out a school if you do it on cast.  I haven't played in about a month though, so things might have changed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<