WoW Related. New ability knowledge! (?)

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Jontep

Jontep
  • Members
  • LocationBureå

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:06 AM

Hey, I've not been playing WoW since WoTLK, and all the new abilitys are getting really tough to learn. It would be so much easier to learn if either someone could give me like the basic intel, or if there were some sort of guides/website that explains it well. I'd like to know all of the both offensive and defensive types of CD's and procs that each class has. And also like the standard DPS-rotation for each class in certain specs.

#2 Breadstick

Breadstick
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Arena Tournament 1
  • Coliseum 1
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:22 AM

View PostJontep, on 07 November 2012 - 12:06 AM, said:

Hey, I've not been playing WoW since WoTLK, and all the new abilitys are getting really tough to learn. It would be so much easier to learn if either someone could give me like the basic intel, or if there were some sort of guides/website that explains it well. I'd like to know all of the both offensive and defensive types of CD's and procs that each class has. And also like the standard DPS-rotation for each class in certain specs.

www.wowhead.com might be useful, not sure

might want to head on over to the waiting room if you need more info, probably won't get much here. i'd try to help more but i haven't played in forever either
Posted Image

#3 BaklivaX

BaklivaX
  • Members
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:41 AM

Y U SO NICE?
Posted Image

#4 Jontep

Jontep
  • Members
  • LocationBureå

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:57 AM

View PostBreadstick, on 07 November 2012 - 12:22 AM, said:

might want to head on over to *link* if you need more info, probably won't get much here. i'd try to help more but i haven't played in forever either

I appreciate that you're helping me in this subject. I guess I'll just make an own sort of spell-sheet from wowhead, since it's very hard to find someone else that has done the same...

View PostBaklivaX, on 07 November 2012 - 12:21 AM, said:

Lazy fuck just read forums, no1 will guide u, especially in OFF TOPIC

And well, making this topic is actually a result of not beeing lazy. I'm just making an opportunity for people like myself, and for the most of the elite players in the scene. Players actually need stuff like this. Checking everything up on wowhead and stuff is really time consuming, and it sucks away alot of the fun. Now that the new expansion has come, there are ALOT of people who doesn't have a fu*kn clue of what's going on in PvP. In fact I'd be really amazed if people decided they didn't want this.

The reason I posted this here is cause I believe this is a forum where people care, and want to share their knowledge.

#5 Shipupi

Shipupi
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Detheroc
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:54 AM

View PostJontep, on 07 November 2012 - 12:57 AM, said:

The reason I posted this here is cause I believe this is a forum where people care, and want to share their knowledge.

In Offtopic noone cares that much about WoW, as bstick said, check waiting room
Posted Image

#6 breadstik

breadstik
  • Junkies

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:59 AM

There are some people who might care, but a lot of them aren't up to date with how the game works currently, and for that reason they rather just post something mean.

#7 Reliuna

Reliuna
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Naxxramas
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • Talents: Balance
  • LocationSweden

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:04 AM

View PostBreadstick, on 07 November 2012 - 12:22 AM, said:

might want to head on over to the waiting room if you need more info, probably won't get much here. i'd try to help more but i haven't played in forever either

ROfl

do u get paid for being a moderator or why would you do this?
Posted Image

#8 Breadstick

Breadstick
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Arena Tournament 1
  • Coliseum 1
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:05 AM

View PostReliuna, on 07 November 2012 - 02:04 AM, said:

ROfl

i would've answered that regardless of whether i was mod or not

if you've noticed i've answered several wow related questions in the past here in OT, usually ends up with me directing them to the waiting room though
Posted Image

#9 Reliuna

Reliuna
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Naxxramas
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • LocationSweden

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:11 AM

cannot recall
Posted Image

#10 Pharaun

Pharaun
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:20 AM

Moved to waiting room
"Who, after all, is today speaking of the destruction of the Armenians?"

-Adolf Hitler, 1939

#11 Matisse

Matisse
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Khaz Modan
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:36 AM

View PostJontep, on 07 November 2012 - 12:57 AM, said:

time consuming

As Breadstick suggested, the Waiting Room or wowhead are good places to start. You can also "Ask a Gladiator" once you have more specific questions.

However, I'm going to call you out on it: yes, you're being a bit lazy. It's great that you made a post and that you want to learn more, but asking the forum to just list all procs, cooldowns, and rotations for each class when that information is readily available elsewhere (AJ has plenty of guides, macros, interface/UI stuff, etc.; wowhead and mmochampion also have extensive lists/sources) is an insult. You're asking others to compile a list so that you don't have to. And like you said, it's time consuming. There's a huge difference between doing some research so you know what to ask, and not doing any research and asking what you're asking: for someone else to do all the work. So, before denying that you're lazy, I recommend that you try to not be so lazy.

I don't mean to sound like a dick, but I probably do. Anyway, check out the links and do some reading/in-game testing, think of specific questions and scenarios that you would like to know more about, and people will be better able to help you.

Posted Image

View PostBreadstick, on 07 September 2012 - 03:32 AM, said:

some pickles are really good

#12 Fazzmania

Fazzmania
  • Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Aman'Thul
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:23 AM

View PostReliuna, on 07 November 2012 - 02:04 AM, said:

ROfl

look m8 helping people is one of the most precious gifts in life and makes your heart fill with +reps. it's all about Dat Rep
Posted Image

#13 Reliuna

Reliuna
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Naxxramas
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • LocationSweden

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:53 AM

View PostFazzmania, on 07 November 2012 - 04:23 AM, said:

look m8 helping people is one of the most precious gifts in life and makes your heart fill with +reps. it's all about Dat Rep

i reached 1000+ rep some days ago

by not helping 1 person
Posted Image

#14 Stigz

Stigz
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration 0/0/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1666
  • LocationFinland

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:44 AM

Slightly on topic then: Can anyone tell me more about Monks? Haven't seen too many of them, no frickin clue what they do lol
Posted Image
63% Resilience, Destro is hard?

#15 Jacquelol

Jacquelol
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1053
  • 3v3: 192
  • LocationNORSWE

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:15 AM

Its quite a big list of information! the best tips I can give is to probly check some PvE guides to learn you some basic rotations!

Other then that I know basicly nothing about monks they are still a big question mark in my book !?! but most of the defensives that where back in wotlk are the same such as barkskin, bubble and iceblock

Ill try to give you a list of a druids defensives to start you of!

Barkskin 12 sec duration (20% reduced damage and if glyhped also gives 25% reduced chance to be critted note! this ability can be used stunned, frozen, incapacitated, feared or asleep)
[ http://www.wowhead.com/spell=22812 ]

Ironbark 12sec duration (an ability that can be used on a friendly target meaning you can use it on others that reduces the damage taken with 20% to note! this ability is only offerd for Resto Druids in their arsenal of abilitys and when a restodruid have 4 pvp set item bonus this cooldown is reduced by 90 seconds letting it land on a short 30sec cooldown instead of the basic 2min CD)
[ http://www.wowhead.com/spell=102342 ]

Might of Ursoc 20 sec duration (this ability gives the druid 30% increased health pool and activates bear form note! this ability is commonly used by a Druid as a messure of last resort oftenly used at lower health pools to bring himself up to speed)
[ http://www.wowhead.com/spell=106922 ]

Displacer Beast (from the Tier one in the talent Tree of Druids this ability on a 30second cooldown gives the druid the ability to blink 20y forward and activates catform+prowl even if in combat. This ability is rather an escape mechanic)
[ http://www.wowhead.com/spell=102280 ]

Wild Charge range (also from Tier one druid talent tree on a 15 second cooldown offers the Druid different movment or escape mechanics depending on the form the druid is currently in so here is a list)
Caster Form 8-25y range = Gives the Druid an ability to fly thowards an ally (or mushroom) to the position the ally was in when pressed.
Cat Form 8-25y range = Leaps to an enemy target dazing it for 4seconds
Bear Form 8-25y range = Charges to the target rooting it in place for 4 seconds
Moonkin Form = Disengages from the figth leaping 20y backwards away from danger (only usable in combat sorta like disengage from hunters)
Travel Form = Leaps 20y forward
Aquatic form = Gives the Druid a speed increase in water for 150% (making the Druid extremly fast in waters stacks with the minor glyph)
Tree Form wild charge is the same as in caster form.
[ http://www.wowhead.com/spell=102401 ]

Symbiosis this ability is quite uniqe and offers defensive aswell as offensive cooldowns to your arsenal the best way to explain this ability is simply to offer you a link to a full spreadsheet of different abilitys the Druid can obtain when using this ability!
[ http://www.wowhead.c...ility-symbiosis ]

Good Luck and I hope this was to somekinda help for you! if there is more questions you would like to know feel free to ask!

Edited by Jacquelol, 07 November 2012 - 11:17 AM.

Jacquel "The Druid" is currently not playing wow.

Shout out too Lunor for being the most amazing friend one can have.

Shout out too Hyuru the most amazing, friendly and nice person ive met on AJ
Shout out too Ardnut the second most amazing and friendly person ive met on AJ
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<