Jump to content

dont fuck this up america


  • Please log in to reply
230 replies to this topic

#201 HealsnPeels

HealsnPeels

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:05 AM

View PostKelustu, on 09 November 2012 - 11:51 PM, said:

I think we've done a pretty damn good job with our choices. I honestly do believe that Obama's a good man for the job, he's just dealing with epic levels of shit on all levels. And no, I don't think he's done as well as others could have, or even he could have, but I don't think it's been bad.

I also think that Clinton, JFK, FDR, Nixon, Eisenhower and Wilson were all great Presidents. Sure, there might have been a better choice out there somewhere, but it's not like we're getting left with nothing.

I've never been impressed with the man. Anyone who is willing to sit through Reverend Wright's sermons immediately frightens me. I find his arrogance repulsive at times. Quiet confidence is one thing, but the way carries himself (and from the way he's been built up by others) it almost feels as if he believes everything he does is "ordained". This self righteousness isn't good for our country in any way. Before you go assuming i'm bashing Democrats, i understand both sides are responsible for this behavior and I believe this is a disastorous problem for our country when selecting candidates.
R/D feel the need select a candidate that is destined to anger the other side because they're forced to push an agenda based on party guidelines. There is 0 compromise because each side believes they are 100% correct. It's pretty present on these forums as well when you think about it on both ends of the spectrum.

#202 HealsnPeels

HealsnPeels

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:15 AM

View PostBuglamp, on 09 November 2012 - 06:33 PM, said:

Qualified / capable to run the country? Maybe there are. Willing to run it as well as qualified and capable to get themselves elected into the job? Not many fit such criteria.

Unfortunately you're correct. Can't really add anything to that

View PostSlashgiggle, on 09 November 2012 - 11:34 PM, said:

Actually, Romney was cannon fodder from the beginning. Typically it is VERY hard to defeat a sitting president, even with a good candidate. It has only happened a few times and usually due to unusual circumstances. This is why all the republicans voters actually wanted to see sat this election out, because if you lose an election you typically don't run again unless you are a crazy old man.

Now they just have to wait 4 years and they can go full steam ahead with a real candidate

Obviously incumbents are near impossible to unseat at any level of government, whether it's at the local or national level. Hence why you send out a neutral candidate on a sort of test run. You know ur voter base is going to vote R just becuase of the opposition so why not try to win the 20% of voters or so who might sway either way?

#203 Theoh

Theoh
  • Members
  • Posts: 1049

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:26 AM

i think jon huntsman could have won if he made it past the primary. idiots told their best shot to fuck off.

#204 yourmomrofl

yourmomrofl
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Vashj
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Posts: 3071
  • Talents: Blood

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:25 AM

View PostBuglamp, on 08 November 2012 - 05:52 PM, said:

IIRC Obama has said he plans on cutting taxes for the middle class, if anything. Unless these middle class people are thinking they're actually part of the upper class which will likely see tax increases or at least their tax cuts voted in previously will expire.
That was my point, people who are above the median wealth think they are above average wealth and higher redistribution politics will hurt them.

View PostZenneroth, on 03 March 2011 - 07:42 PM, said:

Alright, so I've started experimenting with alcohol (only 20 so I can't go out to bars yet) and last weekend my brother and I were chillin out, watching netflix, and I started drinking at around 10 in the morning. I get tipsy and keep around that level till about 6 PM, then after the buzz wore off I felt like shit. It wasn't necisarily a headache, the best I can describe it is how you feel when you are really fucking tired but not sleepy. Anyway I tried to get feeling better by drinking water but I didn't feel any better until I woke up the next morning.

#205 Shaylá

Shaylá
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Onyxia
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Posts: 5348
  • Talents:

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:02 PM

View PostKelustu, on 09 November 2012 - 11:51 PM, said:

he's just dealing with epic levels of shit on all levels.

If you want to keep your reputation as a semi-intellectual internet jerk you are going to ahve to try way harder. You sound like a thirteen year old who just discovered reddit.

#206 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Posts: 5714
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

View Postyourmomrofl, on 10 November 2012 - 11:25 AM, said:

That was my point, people who are above the median wealth think they are above average wealth and higher redistribution politics will hurt them.

It's more than that though.

Many people in the states have a dogmatic outlook on politics.  For some reason they hold pride with respects to one party or the other and defend it no matter what.  They view the other party as the bad guy and feel the need to ridicule it and never meet eye to eye on any matter.  It's like some kind of fucked up religious political outlook.

#207 Bloodriot

Bloodriot
  • Members
  • Posts: 10409

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:22 PM

The American Political system is two milquetoast centrist parties trading vitriol from opposite sides of the middle, and thats what you get when your country is not a Constitutional Monarchy.
Posted Image

#208 Raux

Raux
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Gorgonnash
  • Rampage
  • Posts: 2100
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:40 PM

View PostBloodriot, on 10 November 2012 - 11:22 PM, said:

The American Political system is two milquetoast centrist parties trading vitriol from opposite sides of the middle, and thats what you get when your country is not a Constitutional Monarchy.

Conservative and Unionist Party
Centre-right party which can be loosely divided into three categories, though with considerable overlap: The Thatcherites orConservative Way Forward, who strongly support a free market and tend to be Eurosceptic, the economically moderate, often more europhile but socially conservative One Nation Conservatives, and the socially conservative, deeply EuroscepticCornerstone Group.

Labour Party
Centre-left; a big tent social-democratic party historically allied with the trade union movement; platform is based upon mixed market Third Way policies since the party's reinvention as New Labour in 1994, while maintaining democratic-socialist MPs and Left-wing factions within the party such as the Socialist Campaign Group; generally supports greater Pro-Europeanism

cool story
i am #83

also i fucked a lesbian

also i fought a ninja in a bar and made him piss himself

raux

#209 Bloodriot

Bloodriot
  • Members
  • Posts: 10409

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:04 AM

What you are describing is two rather different parties.
Posted Image

#210 Bloodriot

Bloodriot
  • Members
  • Posts: 10409

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:08 AM

The Dems and Repubs differ the most violently on issues of abortion, contraception funding and whether the military budget should be big, or really big.
Posted Image

#211 Kelustu

Kelustu
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm
  • Posts: 3950
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:45 AM

View PostShaylá, on 10 November 2012 - 12:02 PM, said:

If you want to keep your reputation as a semi-intellectual internet jerk you are going to ahve to try way harder. You sound like a thirteen year old who just discovered reddit.

30x as many filibusters as any other Congress in the history of our nation. The largest economic collapse for our nation since the Great Depression, the largest global economic crash the world has ever seen. Do those not count as epic levels of shit that he has to deal with?
Posted Image

#212 Kelustu

Kelustu
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm
  • Posts: 3950
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:49 AM

View Poststcolbert, on 10 November 2012 - 02:30 PM, said:

It's more than that though.

Many people in the states have a dogmatic outlook on politics.  For some reason they hold pride with respects to one part or the other and defend it no matter what.  They view the other party as the bad guy and feel the need to ridicule it and never meet eye on any matter.  It's like some kind of fucked up religious political outlook.

Being entirely honest, it's hard not to see the majority of the GOP as the bad guy. I like some of the people in the party, like Christie, Rubio, Schwarzenegger (although he's done for good now), McCain, Gramm and others. However, the base of the party is so unbelievably radical and insane that it's just hard to take them seriously. Look at the primaries, that should tell you everything you need to know. They ran against college, against contraceptives for females, against basic welfare, and they scared off every single moderate in the party. Why do you think that Christie and Rubio decided not to run? This would have been a perfect election to win, with high unemployment and record levels of poverty. Their party is just insane.
Posted Image

#213 Raux

Raux
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Gorgonnash
  • Rampage
  • Posts: 2100
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:01 AM

View PostKelustu, on 11 November 2012 - 12:49 AM, said:

Being entirely honest, it's hard not to see the majority of the GOP as the bad guy. I like some of the people in the party, like Christie, Rubio, Schwarzenegger (although he's done for good now), McCain, Gramm and others. However, the base of the party is so unbelievably radical and insane that it's just hard to take them seriously. Look at the primaries, that should tell you everything you need to know. They ran against college, against contraceptives for females, against basic welfare, and they scared off every single moderate in the party. Why do you think that Christie and Rubio decided not to run? This would have been a perfect election to win, with high unemployment and record levels of poverty. Their party is just insane.

wat. of the repubs that could have been named you went with those? errrr k
i am #83

also i fucked a lesbian

also i fought a ninja in a bar and made him piss himself

raux

#214 Kelustu

Kelustu
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm
  • Posts: 3950
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:15 AM

View PostRaux, on 11 November 2012 - 01:01 AM, said:

wat. of the repubs that could have been named you went with those? errrr k

What would you have said? The issue is that I'll never actually agree with the Republicans on much of anything. It's just a difference of ideology. I'm not saying that those are the people I'd vote for, I'm saying that they're sane and often willing to compromise. Other than in 2008, McCain has actually been very, very moderate and willing to reach across the aisle. He's even shit on the tea party's radicalism a few times since the election in 2008. Lindsey Gramm said, while Obama was nominating either Kagan or Sotomayor, I forget which, that elections have consequences. I hated him before that, but it honestly made me respect him a lot more. He said that the Republican party lost, they needed to recognize it and needed to deal with it. Rubio is incredibly likable, open to discussion and there's not much else to say. Christie is off and on, sometimes he shows that he can be bipartisan, and sometimes he's a hack.

I should have also mentioned Powell, although I'd have to say he's probably more of a Democrat than a Republican in actuality, especially after the party embarrassed him internationally.
Posted Image

#215 Shaylá

Shaylá
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Onyxia
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Posts: 5348
  • Talents:

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:30 PM

View PostKelustu, on 11 November 2012 - 12:45 AM, said:

30x as many filibusters as any other Congress in the history of our nation. The largest economic collapse for our nation since the Great Depression, the largest global economic crash the world has ever seen. Do those not count as epic levels of shit that he has to deal with?

It's not that I don't agree with you, because I do. It's just that 'epic levels of shit' really sounds like something a thirteen year old would say

#216 Raux

Raux
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Gorgonnash
  • Rampage
  • Posts: 2100
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:37 PM

View PostShaylá, on 11 November 2012 - 12:30 PM, said:


It's not that I don't agree with you, because I do. It's just that 'epic levels of shit' really sounds like something a thirteen year old would say

when you have tens of millions of public workers at risk of losing their jobs, pensions and healthcare going under or unfunded, and subsidy and welfare programs going to shit all because senate/congress are waving their dicks at eachother from across a desk over whether to raise an arbitrary limit or change a tax that amounts to less than +/-1% of the average person's wage-- you can certainly call it epic levels of shit.
i am #83

also i fucked a lesbian

also i fought a ninja in a bar and made him piss himself

raux

#217 Shaylá

Shaylá
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Onyxia
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Posts: 5348
  • Talents:

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:49 PM

If you use 'epic' to describe anything but an opera or a legend/ancient narrative you're a reddit tier yolo420swag-faggot

#218 Raux

Raux
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Gorgonnash
  • Rampage
  • Posts: 2100
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:16 PM

View PostShaylá, on 11 November 2012 - 03:49 PM, said:

If you use 'epic' to describe anything but an opera or a legend/ancient narrative you're a reddit tier yolo420swag-faggot

considering the usage of epic was incredibly widely used before floor drain snogging retards like yourself went all hipster angst against social media outlets, i'm just going to have to leave it 'you're dumb'.
i am #83

also i fucked a lesbian

also i fought a ninja in a bar and made him piss himself

raux

#219 Kakio

Kakio
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Khadgar
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Posts: 1646
  • Talents: Protection
  • LocationNorway ^^,

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:52 PM

View PostShaylá, on 11 November 2012 - 03:49 PM, said:

If you use 'epic' to describe anything but an opera or a legend/ancient narrative you're a reddit tier yolo420swag-faggot

Posted Image

Posted Image


#220 Shaylá

Shaylá
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Onyxia
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Posts: 5348
  • Talents:

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:23 PM

View PostRaux, on 11 November 2012 - 04:16 PM, said:

considering the usage of epic was incredibly widely used before floor drain snogging retards like yourself went all hipster angst against social media outlets, i'm just going to have to leave it 'you're dumb'.

'the usage of epic was incredibly widely used'

then an ad hominem

'went all hipster'

are you even trying? youre making this way too easy for me




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<