AHAHAHAHAHAHAH

you forgot your hashtags man

#realpatriot #eagle #starsandstripes #jesus #yoso

plz dont tarnish #yoso by associating him w/ him :(

or jesus either, hes a pretty cool guy

bk said:

I used to beat off alot, and fail all my classes

Insight said:

I figured he's a phony but I was secretly hoping to get pounded by someone famous.

View PostTw1zle, on 07 August 2011 - 11:05 PM, said:

i wasnt aware that america was a country

i guess we learn things every day

#182 Buglamp

Buglamp
  • Members

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:36 AM

jesus was so far from the ideology of conservative america it's fucking hilarious

#183 Nermó

Nermó
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Feral Combat
  • LocationSweden

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:23 PM

Amazing how there are still so many ignorant Americans@2012.

Not that I see Obama as a good president, but atleast he's better than Romney.
Posted Image

#184 Kakio

Kakio
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Khadgar
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Protection
  • LocationNorway ^^,

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:26 PM

ye thats also a bit of a issue. The fact that because of the two party system no president that people actually wanted to elect was there to choose from. People basically chose obama cause they didnt like mitt or mitt cause they didnt like obama. If there were more options on the table that where readily available (not these people who have no party and get like 7k followers nationwide) I think someone else entirely would have been chosen.

Posted Image

#185 AwesoMegAmazing

AwesoMegAmazing
  • Members
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:40 PM

View PostKakio, on 09 November 2012 - 02:26 PM, said:

ye thats also a bit of a issue. The fact that because of the two party system no president that people actually wanted to elect was there to choose from. People basically chose obama cause they didnt like mitt or mitt cause they didnt like obama. If there were more options on the table that where readily available (not these people who have no party and get like 7k followers nationwide) I think someone else entirely would have been chosen.

I agree.

View PostDuckers, on 09 February 2011 - 04:05 PM, said:

I eat McDonalds every day

View PostDuckers, on 12 June 2012 - 07:44 AM, said:

Can't ever really go wrong with McDonalds.

View PostDuckers, on 08 August 2012 - 12:25 AM, said:

Get that girl a Happy Meal and she will never leave you.

#186 Nermó

Nermó
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Feral Combat
  • LocationSweden

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:30 PM

View PostBitinghard, on 09 November 2012 - 02:27 PM, said:

jelly cos US is 1# at everything?

:D :D :D
Posted Image

#187 Buglamp

Buglamp
  • Members

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:07 PM

None of the third party candidates would be remotely viable even if they would've been running with the kind of support a dem/repub candidate gets. I also don't think any of them would've made a better president than Obama. It also has to be considered there are many things that you just can't get from a president currently - part of politics is picking battles you can win because some battles just aren't popular enough and will prevent you from being elected.

If Obama had run w/marijuana legalization as part of his agenda for example, he probably would have lost electoral votes without gaining any - any state that's pro-MJ legalization is already blue. And there's no guarantee he'd be able to deliver on such a promise since he'd have to struggle with what's probably a mostly anti-legalization congress and house.

#188 terribleperson

terribleperson
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/2/0/2/.

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

View PostBuglamp, on 09 November 2012 - 04:07 PM, said:

None of the third party candidates would be remotely viable even if they would've been running with the kind of support a dem/repub candidate gets. I also don't think any of them would've made a better president than Obama. It also has to be considered there are many things that you just can't get from a president currently - part of politics is picking battles you can win because some battles just aren't popular enough and will prevent you from being elected.

This is pretty true.

A lot of people think part of the reason Romney wasn't very popular was because of his immigration position.

#189 HealsnPeels

HealsnPeels

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:43 PM

View Postterribleperson, on 09 November 2012 - 04:11 PM, said:

This is pretty true.

A lot of people think part of the reason Romney wasn't very popular was because of his immigration position.

Reasonably certain anyone who disliked Romney's stance on immigration was going to vote for Obama because "they wanted stuff."

#190 HealsnPeels

HealsnPeels

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

None of the third party candidates would be remotely viable even if they would've been running with the kind of support a dem/repub candidate gets.

I find it rather unfortunate that out of 300 million people we're basically only able to vote for 2. I'm fairly certain it wouldn't have been difficult to find someone more qualified/capable than the options we were presented with.

Edit: As someone who leans slightly right even i found it difficult to vote for Romney. If the Republicans plan on winning an election in 4 years it might be time to think out of the box and support a more neutral candidate with conservative financial principles; or just cross their fingers that the economy continues on the downturn which doesn't serve anyones best interests.

#191 Buglamp

Buglamp
  • Members

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:33 PM

Qualified / capable to run the country? Maybe there are. Willing to run it as well as qualified and capable to get themselves elected into the job? Not many fit such criteria.

#192 Kakio

Kakio
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Khadgar
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Protection
  • LocationNorway ^^,

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:05 PM

its #1 not 1#. get it right please.

Posted Image

#193 Theoh

Theoh
  • Members

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:25 PM

If Obama had run w/marijuana legalization as part of his agenda for example, he probably would have lost electoral votes without gaining any - any state that's pro-MJ legalization is already blue. And there's no guarantee he'd be able to deliver on such a promise since he'd have to struggle with what's probably a mostly anti-legalization congress and house.

a lot of people here vastly overestimate the presidents power on the economy or creating laws. they are supposed to be a magistrate at home and a foreign diplomat.

#194 Slashgiggle

Slashgiggle
  • LocationHome of the Brave

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:34 PM

View PostHealsnPeels, on 09 November 2012 - 05:49 PM, said:

I find it rather unfortunate that out of 300 million people we're basically only able to vote for 2. I'm fairly certain it wouldn't have been difficult to find someone more qualified/capable than the options we were presented with.

Edit: As someone who leans slightly right even i found it difficult to vote for Romney. If the Republicans plan on winning an election in 4 years it might be time to think out of the box and support a more neutral candidate with conservative financial principles; or just cross their fingers that the economy continues on the downturn which doesn't serve anyones best interests.

Actually, Romney was cannon fodder from the beginning. Typically it is VERY hard to defeat a sitting president, even with a good candidate. It has only happened a few times and usually due to unusual circumstances. This is why all the republicans voters actually wanted to see sat this election out, because if you lose an election you typically don't run again unless you are a crazy old man.

Now they just have to wait 4 years and they can go full steam ahead with a real candidate
Fernando Torres, Lord of Football

#195 Kelustu

Kelustu
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:51 PM

View PostBuglamp, on 09 November 2012 - 06:33 PM, said:

Qualified / capable to run the country? Maybe there are. Willing to run it as well as qualified and capable to get themselves elected into the job? Not many fit such criteria.

I think we've done a pretty damn good job with our choices. I honestly do believe that Obama's a good man for the job, he's just dealing with epic levels of shit on all levels. And no, I don't think he's done as well as others could have, or even he could have, but I don't think it's been bad.

I also think that Clinton, JFK, FDR, Nixon, Eisenhower and Wilson were all great Presidents. Sure, there might have been a better choice out there somewhere, but it's not like we're getting left with nothing.
Posted Image

#196 Matisse

Matisse
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Khaz Modan
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:39 AM

Kelustu did you vote in MA or CA?

Posted Image

View PostBreadstick, on 07 September 2012 - 03:32 AM, said:

some pickles are really good

#197 Kelustu

Kelustu
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:55 AM

Didn't vote. I know it's stupid but I don't like the idea of voting in a state that I don't live in, and I don't really live in either state. And I'm going to live in D.C. for 6 months next semester, instead of back in L.A., then will live abroad for 2 months, then back to Boston for 3. I know it's 1 vote and it doesn't even matter a little bit, but I still feel like my vote should be for something I want to change, and I'm not a position to want something to change in either state. Presidential and Senate votes were locked up in both states, also, so I just didn't bother all together.
Posted Image

#198 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:59 AM

That's actually pretty responsible.
I'm always right.
Posted Image

#199 Matisse

Matisse
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Khaz Modan
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:44 AM

View PostKelustu, on 10 November 2012 - 05:55 AM, said:

Didn't vote. I know it's stupid but I don't like the idea of voting in a state that I don't live in, and I don't really live in either state. And I'm going to live in D.C. for 6 months next semester, instead of back in L.A., then will live abroad for 2 months, then back to Boston for 3. I know it's 1 vote and it doesn't even matter a little bit, but I still feel like my vote should be for something I want to change, and I'm not a position to want something to change in either state. Presidential and Senate votes were locked up in both states, also, so I just didn't bother all together.

Fair enough. Didn't feel like voting on the state ballot questions/Propositions?

Also found out I live with a bunch of Republicans.

Posted Image

View PostBreadstick, on 07 September 2012 - 03:32 AM, said:

some pickles are really good

#200 Kelustu

Kelustu
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:00 AM

You live in Boston? What school? And nah, the only ballot propositions I knew enough about before I would have had to vote were 30 and 37.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<