Shaylá
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Onyxia
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents:

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:00 PM

View PostTop, on 07 November 2012 - 06:23 PM, said:

It's called being self sufficient, an overlying archetype of republican way of thinking.  Just because you personally benefit from Obamacare does not make it correct for the nation.  Healthcare is a service.  It is your responsibility to pay for services.  Be a man, take care of yourself or as you put it, die at age 30.  It's the self deserving generation of people that favor the democratic policies.  I'm not interested in paying for your healthcare, so Fuck you.

Obama is charismatic, like many elected presidents before him.  He has a likeable personality, and that's why he won.  Romney was awkward about certain things and the way he spoke sometimes.  Anyone who votes based on those things is a number of different adjectives, gullible, ignorant, etc.  Romney would not make important decisions by himself, no president does in this era, anyone saying things like that falls into this category.  Ignorant, gullible.

Some interesting facts:

More men voted for Romney
More women voted for Obama.
More low income/innercity (read uneducated and often self deserving stereotype) overwhelmingly voted for obama.
More rural (read uneducated but roughly translated into hard working manual labor SELF SUFFICIENT) residents voted for Romney.
Ages 18-30 (young) heavily favored Obama.  Again, charismatic, the "cool" guy.  A horrible way to decide your vote.
More of the older/wiser generation (40+) voted for Romney.

Disclaimer:  I don't care who you voted for.  I voted for Romney, simply because I don't like my tax dollars (and I pay a lot of taxes) going to programs like welfare that encourage laziness and "devolution".

I don't mind Obama.  I don't agree with some of his policies as far as the future of our country is concerned, but I work the for government, and big government (democrat) translates into job security for me and my organization getting more government revenue, so really I will see significant personal benefits from Obama being in office.  It's not about my individual gains though.  That's short sighted thinking.

Oh and, politics on the internet is a lose/lose.

Top out.

ahahahahahahah
AHAHAHAHAHAHAH

you forgot your hashtags man

#realpatriot #eagle #starsandstripes #jesus #yoso

#182 Bloodriot

Bloodriot
  • Members

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:56 PM

You pay for the service through tax.
Posted Image

#183 Zoness

Zoness
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Survival

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:15 AM

View PostSlashgiggle, on 08 November 2012 - 10:45 PM, said:

Zoness's political view is skewed by dicks
classical liberal dicks

#184 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Moderators
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:28 AM

View PostShaylá, on 08 November 2012 - 11:00 PM, said:

ahahahahahahah
AHAHAHAHAHAHAH

you forgot your hashtags man

#realpatriot #eagle #starsandstripes #jesus #yoso

plz dont tarnish #yoso by associating him w/ him :(

or jesus either, hes a pretty cool guy

bk said:

I used to beat off alot, and fail all my classes

Insight said:

I figured he's a phony but I was secretly hoping to get pounded by someone famous.

View PostTw1zle, on 07 August 2011 - 11:05 PM, said:

i wasnt aware that america was a country

i guess we learn things every day

#185 Buglamp

Buglamp
  • Members

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:36 AM

jesus was so far from the ideology of conservative america it's fucking hilarious
Ghost of the white faced clown

#186 Nermó

Nermó
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Feral Combat
  • LocationSweden

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:23 PM

Amazing how there are still so many ignorant Americans@2012.

Not that I see Obama as a good president, but atleast he's better than Romney.
Posted Image

#187 Kakio

Kakio
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Khadgar
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Protection
  • LocationNorway ^^,

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:26 PM

ye thats also a bit of a issue. The fact that because of the two party system no president that people actually wanted to elect was there to choose from. People basically chose obama cause they didnt like mitt or mitt cause they didnt like obama. If there were more options on the table that where readily available (not these people who have no party and get like 7k followers nationwide) I think someone else entirely would have been chosen.

Posted Image

• Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/0/2
  • LocationPakistan

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:27 PM

View PostNermó, on 09 November 2012 - 02:23 PM, said:

Amazing how there are still so many ignorant Americans@2012.

Not that I see Obama as a good president, but atleast he's better than Romney.
jelly cos US is 1# at everything?

#189 AwesoMegAmazing

AwesoMegAmazing
  • Members
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:40 PM

View PostKakio, on 09 November 2012 - 02:26 PM, said:

ye thats also a bit of a issue. The fact that because of the two party system no president that people actually wanted to elect was there to choose from. People basically chose obama cause they didnt like mitt or mitt cause they didnt like obama. If there were more options on the table that where readily available (not these people who have no party and get like 7k followers nationwide) I think someone else entirely would have been chosen.

I agree.

View PostDuckers, on 09 February 2011 - 04:05 PM, said:

I eat McDonalds every day

View PostDuckers, on 12 June 2012 - 07:44 AM, said:

Can't ever really go wrong with McDonalds.

View PostDuckers, on 08 August 2012 - 12:25 AM, said:

Get that girl a Happy Meal and she will never leave you.

#190 Nermó

Nermó
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Feral Combat
  • LocationSweden

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:30 PM

View PostBitinghard, on 09 November 2012 - 02:27 PM, said:

jelly cos US is 1# at everything?

:D :D :D
Posted Image

#191 Buglamp

Buglamp
  • Members

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:07 PM

None of the third party candidates would be remotely viable even if they would've been running with the kind of support a dem/repub candidate gets. I also don't think any of them would've made a better president than Obama. It also has to be considered there are many things that you just can't get from a president currently - part of politics is picking battles you can win because some battles just aren't popular enough and will prevent you from being elected.

If Obama had run w/marijuana legalization as part of his agenda for example, he probably would have lost electoral votes without gaining any - any state that's pro-MJ legalization is already blue. And there's no guarantee he'd be able to deliver on such a promise since he'd have to struggle with what's probably a mostly anti-legalization congress and house.

#192 terribleperson

terribleperson
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/2/0/2/.

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

View PostBuglamp, on 09 November 2012 - 04:07 PM, said:

None of the third party candidates would be remotely viable even if they would've been running with the kind of support a dem/repub candidate gets. I also don't think any of them would've made a better president than Obama. It also has to be considered there are many things that you just can't get from a president currently - part of politics is picking battles you can win because some battles just aren't popular enough and will prevent you from being elected.

This is pretty true.

A lot of people think part of the reason Romney wasn't very popular was because of his immigration position.

#193 HealsnPeels

HealsnPeels

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:43 PM

View Postterribleperson, on 09 November 2012 - 04:11 PM, said:

This is pretty true.

A lot of people think part of the reason Romney wasn't very popular was because of his immigration position.

Reasonably certain anyone who disliked Romney's stance on immigration was going to vote for Obama because "they wanted stuff."

#194 HealsnPeels

HealsnPeels

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

None of the third party candidates would be remotely viable even if they would've been running with the kind of support a dem/repub candidate gets.

I find it rather unfortunate that out of 300 million people we're basically only able to vote for 2. I'm fairly certain it wouldn't have been difficult to find someone more qualified/capable than the options we were presented with.

Edit: As someone who leans slightly right even i found it difficult to vote for Romney. If the Republicans plan on winning an election in 4 years it might be time to think out of the box and support a more neutral candidate with conservative financial principles; or just cross their fingers that the economy continues on the downturn which doesn't serve anyones best interests.

#195 Buglamp

Buglamp
  • Members

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:33 PM

Qualified / capable to run the country? Maybe there are. Willing to run it as well as qualified and capable to get themselves elected into the job? Not many fit such criteria.

• Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationPakistan

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:35 PM

View PostNermó, on 09 November 2012 - 03:30 PM, said:

:D :D :D
wtf are you smling for ? I'm dead serious US is 1# at everthing they got Thomas Edison the chicks the celebrites they are basically a role model for every country in the world.

#197 Kakio

Kakio
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Khadgar
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Protection
  • LocationNorway ^^,

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:05 PM

its #1 not 1#. get it right please.

Posted Image

• Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationPakistan

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:34 PM

View PostKakio, on 09 November 2012 - 07:05 PM, said:

its #1 not 1#. get it right please.
1#

xDD

#199 Theoh

Theoh
  • Members

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:25 PM

If Obama had run w/marijuana legalization as part of his agenda for example, he probably would have lost electoral votes without gaining any - any state that's pro-MJ legalization is already blue. And there's no guarantee he'd be able to deliver on such a promise since he'd have to struggle with what's probably a mostly anti-legalization congress and house.

a lot of people here vastly overestimate the presidents power on the economy or creating laws. they are supposed to be a magistrate at home and a foreign diplomat.

#200 Slashgiggle

Slashgiggle
  • LocationHome of the Brave

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:34 PM

View PostHealsnPeels, on 09 November 2012 - 05:49 PM, said:

I find it rather unfortunate that out of 300 million people we're basically only able to vote for 2. I'm fairly certain it wouldn't have been difficult to find someone more qualified/capable than the options we were presented with.

Edit: As someone who leans slightly right even i found it difficult to vote for Romney. If the Republicans plan on winning an election in 4 years it might be time to think out of the box and support a more neutral candidate with conservative financial principles; or just cross their fingers that the economy continues on the downturn which doesn't serve anyones best interests.

Actually, Romney was cannon fodder from the beginning. Typically it is VERY hard to defeat a sitting president, even with a good candidate. It has only happened a few times and usually due to unusual circumstances. This is why all the republicans voters actually wanted to see sat this election out, because if you lose an election you typically don't run again unless you are a crazy old man.

Now they just have to wait 4 years and they can go full steam ahead with a real candidate
Fernando Torres, Lord of Football

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<