Blizzard are in a fucked up spot atm. Some nukes needs so fucking hard down-tuning (Warlock, mage, warrior, Stampede (got it alrdy), etc.etc.). But when that is done, what in the actual fuck will stop healers such as resto shamans from keeping players alive 45 min every single game (this is disregarding off-healing by certain classes).
And nerfing all healing and/or mana regen (of some certain classes, read; shaman). Will totally fuck up with PvE so, no, ain't gonna happen.
What should be done?
- Less offensive cooldowns with so fucking huge impact.
- Some healing (most healing), specially some classes off-healing and some instant heals with low cooldown that heals for riddiculous amounts have to be tuned down ALOT (if dmg/burst nerfs that I/we hope for will come). Don't get me wrong tho, I think spells like natures swiftness etc. should exist. Big cooldowns make games more exiting, I just feel that it's better that they are on the defensive side, easier to balance. Tho many do have way to short cooldown at this state of the game game.
- Keep the defensive cooldowns, to an extent. The design that you will slowly tear down the enemy team by getting them to pop their defensive cooldowns, and then finally, when all are used they will die in a cc-chain on their healer (or then they take so much more dmg than the other team that their healer will finally oom, this CAN'T happen with some healers atm, I've had restoshamans sit on <5% mana for 5 min keeping people up, that is simply retarded...)
- Some spells/combos with too low cooldowns do too much dmg.
-Frostfire,frostbomb,icelance x2 for 250k+
-Heroic strike with stacks (I know it's RNG as fuck, but still, 300k+, realy??)
-Chaos bolt? (will be fixed if offensive cooldowns get fixed in arena? Help me here warlocks, you know your class better than i)
-BW Lynx Rush if you stand alone? Still only "realy" effective on clothies imo. And I like the design that there actually is a difference if you hit on cloth or plate as a physical dmg dealer. Something i didn't feel existed in wotlk
- I find it funny that ever since TBC they've talked about how they want arena to be more about sitting some where around 30-80% hp of you're getting targeted. So it isn't as much "Everyone sits on full hp and waits for the next shit storm to break lose when someone gets globaled". AND STILL I feel like the only expansion where they managed with this was in TBC. I just can't grasp how it can be so incredibly fucking hard to make it balanced, specially now with this PvP power and "Healing increased in arena by 30%" or whatever it is. Values that they easily can modify to make the PvP better. Same goes with cooldowns, just make them not usable in arena (It's a sloppy way to deal with it, but heck, its better than nothing?)
My few cents, over and out, hope someone cares to read the wall of text...
Edited by Shadowtiger, 07 November 2012 - 12:35 AM.