Iniciate
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Steamwheedle Cartel
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Balance 1/0/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2055

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:33 AM

This shouldnt go through tbh, i usally collect T2 on about 3-4 char each season. but since iv'e not come to level more then my druid right now it means i need to wait for next season too even be competetiv on my alts. And for rating inflation, in tbc wep was for only glad/duelists, dont see why it shouldnt be like that, whats it gonna be now ? challengers with t2?

#62 bighandxyz

bighandxyz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Fenris
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Blood 0/2/0/0/1/0
  • RBG: 2041

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:16 AM

View PostWildeHilde, on 02 November 2012 - 11:12 AM, said:

Will keep the ladders active, which is a good thing in my opinion, although I hate grinds. Will at least introduce the meta game of new items vs. upgrading existing ones and make sure that PvP gear stays better than PvE.
PvE gear is also upgrade-able, so the pvp gear stay better than PvE is a moot point

#63 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:59 AM

Think of the opposite. What if PvE gear could be upgraded and PvP gear not. This was actually the first plan and I made a news about that and the fact that PvP Power was missing on weapons.Would you rather grind raids or arenas/rbgs? This is no perfect model, no doubt. But I think it's better than to grind hardmodes and hope for trinkets with low drop rates or collect legendaries over months.

#64 bighandxyz

bighandxyz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Fenris
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Blood 0/2/0/0/1/0
  • RBG: 2041

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:17 AM

didn't read that thread, so I see what you mean now.

But you'll still have to PvE to get the best weapon, at least for melee. Difference in dmg between heroic wep and t2 pvp is just too large

#65 phishy

phishy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Laughing Skull
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:39 AM

View PostWildeHilde, on 04 November 2012 - 06:59 AM, said:

Think of the opposite. What if PvE gear could be upgraded and PvP gear not. This was actually the first plan and I made a news about that and the fact that PvP Power was missing on weapons.Would you rather grind raids or arenas/rbgs? This is no perfect model, no doubt. But I think it's better than to grind hardmodes and hope for trinkets with low drop rates or collect legendaries over months.

obviously its better than being forced to pve. however, i thought there was supposed to be a big push to get pve gear out of arena this expac? guess not? the point is that what he had before was better than what we will have whenever they decide to allow us to increase ilvl on gear with conq points.

and unless they make it so that arena rating grants higher conq points caps than rbg rating, it doesnt fix the queue time problem

#66 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:00 AM

The rating inflation will make it at least pretty close. As said not perfect, but I think it's an improvement over cataclysm.

#67 Guest_Talbadar_*

Guest_Talbadar_*

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:18 AM

Starbadar and my 2 other alts are unhappy with this change.

To think gaining points every week used to be as amazing as playing 5 games of arena or 3 games of RBGs. I've been looking for the return of that system for a  VERY long time. I'm okay with them making a change like this, not saying I like it or anything, but at least allow me to cap my points at a reasonable rate. It's insane doing 8 RBGs on 3 characters a week... barely any people have time to do it for the 3 month gear grind, and now they intend to increase the agony to 5 months? I don't think much thought went into this.

#68 Necrolina

Necrolina
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2313

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:26 AM

View PostWildeHilde, on 02 November 2012 - 02:45 PM, said:

Edit: @Smir: Couldn't agree more, but the playing for fun concept does not work, see S11. People camp rating to get titles most of the time. This way there is chance to play up in later season.

You forgot about the team rating boost by playing constantly. It is probably possible to reach 3.5-4k rating in arena over the course of the season. This means top-rated 3v3 will cap conquest point gains by doing arena.

You know what would make the ladders active? Shorter seasons. The time it will now take to get full gear on one single character should be enough for 1,5 seasons or so. How on earth can you even justify this?

I don't think you've ever played this game on a serious level, at least not back in vanilla / early bc, because if you did you'd remember the absolutely agonizing grind it took to get flasks, elixirs and potions back then. They steered away from the long periods of mandatory farm for a reason up until now and this should be no different. Hand out gear at certain ratings or hand out the exact same gear right at the start to even the playingfield, but don't force the already small pvp community to grind for ~5 months.

ps: Please, for the love of god, stop whining about the community and/or boosts in every second post you make. Even if you were right at first it became so old and so similar to a broken record that every shed of truth is now gone.

#69 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:56 AM

1.) Boosters are are corrupt pieces of s**t. They should be treated as such.

2.) As everyone plays like a Sissie and camps rating the only way to get participation is to force it.

3.) Rating decay is a good choice, but WoW's concept always was to increase and not decrease. I think most of us, at least me, would prefer rating decay and fixed gear for everyone, like on the tournament realm. Combine that with short, region-wide seasons or in other words, make a permanent tournament realm with short seasons.

4.) Until that we have tournaments for competition and live server arena/rbg for the grind.

#70 Hektic

Hektic
  • Junkies

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:55 PM

This completely puts me off playing the game. Came back for MoP with the hope that the new pvp power stat would mean I could continue to play alot of classes and spend less time doing the mundane pre-reqs like grinding gear. If this change goes live they need to heavily lower the amount of conq points obtainable from RBGs. This kind of change just punishes people who aren't mongoloids that only play one class their entire life

#71 Absoqt

Absoqt
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Burning Legion
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Discipline 1/2/1/1/1/2
  • RBG: 1905

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:43 PM

As for alts, this is one issue. People often say all they want is a permanent Arena Tournament.
I do not think WoW is good as a counterstrike type game. MMORPG features, even if annoying, are contributing to the overall appeal of the game. I'd wildly assume they got us into playing in the first place.

There's also the pity you need multiple characters of the same class to play with people you want. Making one battlegroup and forming a team with whoever you want would be a good start.
Gooby pls

#72 GrieverZ

GrieverZ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Thaurissan
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1698
  • 3v3: 2495
  • 5v5: 1335
  • RBG: 192

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:12 PM

Not a fan of it, sucks for anyone that can't play/cap 1 week for whatever reason, sucks for alts, sucks for people jumping in mid-season, sucks for people rerolling to play with friends/try a diff comp etc.

The gear-carrot should mostly be in PvE, they need to make the game competitive for the entire season (IE rating decay) to keep the ladder active and fair.

But that would imply that Blizzard actually listens to the community right?

#73 Pawzz

Pawzz
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery
  • LocationAustria

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:28 PM

Change it back to the old way. Play atleast 1 game per week and get points according to you team rating every wednesday.

#74 Kettu

Kettu
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Dunemaul
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/2/0/2/0
  • RBG: 960
  • LocationKuwait

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:46 PM

View PostWildeHilde, on 04 November 2012 - 09:56 AM, said:

2.) As everyone plays like a Sissie and camps rating the only way to get participation is to force it.

3.) Rating decay is a good choice, but WoW's concept always was to increase and not decrease. I think most of us, at least me, would prefer rating decay and fixed gear for everyone, like on the tournament realm. Combine that with short, region-wide seasons or in other words, make a permanent tournament realm with short seasons.

4.) Until that we have tournaments for competition and live server arena/rbg for the grind.
1. The people whom you fanboy / worship are the most well known boosters in EU. ??? Please start treating them as such if that's your opinion.

2. The people who camp are maybe 0.05% of the overall pvp population. How does forcing that 0.05% to play suddenly increase participation? _Forcing_ people to do stuff is not a solution to anything.

3. I'm quite sure most of us would not want a rating decay system. What do you base this on?

4. People don't play the game to grind afaik. Might be wrong tho. :PPP

#75 Necrolina

Necrolina
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2313

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

I don't even know what you are really on about. Without these "scum of the earth" boosters participating in high-end arena there would be no tournaments, no high quality streams to watch and no more interviews you could make because 99% of those players would be off doing something far more beneficial. You kind of remind me of the saying those who can, do, and those who can't, teach, except that you don't teach, but preach.

Rating decay and/or shorter seasons would be a change for the better, but it won't happen, not anytime soon anyway. Which brings me to your 4th point. Do you actually feel that this situation justifies bad decisions? I mean, if you are whining about arena participation what on earth makes you think that this won't just simply repell the competitive players? After 11 seasons people don't play to get t2, they play to compete and compare themselves.

I don't even know, this does not feel like an argument or a debate. You are way too adamant/stubborn and that, to me, seems to cloud your judgment on issues like this.

Edited by Necrolina, 04 November 2012 - 08:04 PM.

#76 Geru

Geru
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2327

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:19 PM

If you check the ladders right now its already nearly as inactive as last season, and everyone still needs gear. Why would that change?

I did 3s today (sunday, most active day) at around 17 and we did not get a single team over 2250.

Edited by Geru, 04 November 2012 - 08:20 PM.

#77 Regent

Regent

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:15 PM

1. Half the people on ArenaJunkies has done boosts at some point or the other, so thanks for calling them pieces of shit.

2. People camping is Blizzard's fault, they changed the way rating works in s6/7 (can't remember exactly) and then again in s10 with the stupid change of mmr falling off when swapping teams. Blizzard forced people to camp, sometimes rank 1's just want to camp, and they should be allowed to ASLONG as the system allows other teams to overtake them with serious commitment.

3. See point 2. You don't need rating inflation/deflation. You need mmr to NOT dissapear.

4. Tournaments are stale and few and far between. Balance and the fact that no one wants to watch the game in its current state.

#78 Nightmonkey

Nightmonkey
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/0/0
  • RBG: 1999

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:25 PM

I really don't like this.  I like to customize my characters and sometimes feeling like I won because I tuned my character better is fine with me.  That's part of the MMORPG thing that I like.

The Honor grind is already absolutely retarded.  Regular BG's are already filled with bots because people are sick and tired of grinding the same BG's over and over for 12 seasons now.  I've already done it this season for two different sets of gear on my Shaman, and I still need to finish my Warrior and Paladin.  To think that I'll have to go back into the BG's again for almost the same amount of time it took me to get my full set in the first place just really makes me want to quit the game again.

For PVE, things are equally bad there with this change.  The rate at which you generate Valor points is absolutely terrible.  You have to grind 5 mans, subject yourself to the retardation of LFR, and do as many daily quests as you can - every single day.

If they're going to require even more time invested to maintain competitive levels of gear, I won't play anymore.  This increase in points needed needs to come with a 100% increase in the rate at which the various points are acquired.  Gear already takes too long to get.

• Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:54 PM

Switch the RBG conquest point cap with the 3v3 conquest point cap. RBG's now give the same cap as 2s/5s, and 3s give the higher cap.

#80 Claynz

Claynz
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/2/2/0/0/0
  • 3v3: 480
  • LocationNorway

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:57 PM

I would not mind this change if they would let us have multiple arena teams :x

0 user(s) are reading this topic