• Blackout
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 2315
  • 3v3: 2744
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 1151

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:19 PM

Nearly twice as long to gear up fully.
Nearly twice as long spent thinking "Bah if only that other team didn't have the gear advantage they do" if you miss some weeks.
No hope of getting a viable offset to have fun with.
Zero fucking point starting alts even 4-6 weeks into the season.
Create an even bigger gear gap between high rated folk and people who have low caps.

This is really fucking stupid even for blizzard.

#42 Smir

Smir
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/2/0/2/0
  • LocationAustria

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:39 PM

View PostWallirik, on 02 November 2012 - 03:50 PM, said:

a lot of people here with the ability to look into the future.

lol
i am a wizard, thats part of my daily buisness

#43 Redefined

Redefined
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Subtlety
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationMississauga, Ontario, Canada

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:48 PM

Not cool, not at all. I am already behind on my "main" Rogue, my Warrior just hit 90 last week, and I'm leveling a Rogue on Tichondrius. Going to be soooooooooo far behind everyone and will barely be at a level playing field before season's end.

I am not for this at all. There are other ways to keep people playing. This isn't a good one.
------------------------------

Kzrs said:

I've never seen Redefined post anything dumb. +1

View PostXandyn, on 27 May 2012 - 02:39 PM, said:

best Rogue on US

#44 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 2273
  • 3v3: 2634
  • 5v5: 2359
  • RBG: 2126

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:50 PM

View PostRedefined, on 02 November 2012 - 04:48 PM, said:

Not cool, not at all. I am already behind on my "main" Rogue, my Warrior just hit 90 last week, and I'm leveling a Rogue on Tichondrius. Going to be soooooooooo far behind everyone and will barely be at a level playing field before season's end.

I am not for this at all. There are other ways to keep people playing. This isn't a good one.

I've never seen Redefined post anything dumb. +1 (If I had any reps left)

Edit: Came back 2 days later and repped.

Edited by Regent, 04 November 2012 - 09:07 PM.

#45 djp771133

djp771133
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1524

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:29 PM

View PostRedefined, on 02 November 2012 - 04:48 PM, said:

This.  I'll get hate on this but I am camping glad.  Not because I don't like competitive gameplay, it's just that once you get by like 2300 competitive gameplay doesn't exist.  You have 10 minute ques into 2k idiots for the whole night and end up getting like 50 rating for hours of work.  The past week or so I have been dying to do arenas but there is less than 10 teams above 2300 on my bg atm.  I know I'll never get ques that are good so my team and I decided to level alts so we could play arenas again.

Once we hit 90 we were going to play tsg and play some arenas and have some fun.  That comp is pretty gear dependent, but since we are only a few weeks behind I thought we'd be ok.  With this change we will be very far behind and more than likely won't be competitive in high brackets.

The simple solution to this would be all bgs queing into each other, because then you would have a lot better chance of having a fast que into a higher rated team, leading to more competitive games.

tl;dr almost doubling time to gear is asinine and ques could easily be fixed by merging the bgs.  My team was leveling alts to que 2200+ again but now we prob won't if the gear system goes through

Edited by djp771133, 02 November 2012 - 05:36 PM.

#46 Smiercx

Smiercx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 2/0/0/0/2/0

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:33 PM

Seasons lasting 6-7 months, getting full gear taking around 3+ months atm - fair enough. Seasons lasting 6-7 months, getting full gear taking around >6< months ? WTF... I thought end-game encounter was designed to provide fun and not eternal struggle for gear in order to be competetive. Not to mention some classes benefit much more from gear / weapons than other classes ( @ ferals, warriors and other melees being superior at the beginning of seasons ). Winter is coming for us, non-rbg players that also have shitloads of alts

#47 phishy

phishy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Laughing Skull
  • Vindication

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

such a terrible change. bye alts. hello rbgs. this doesnt make the ladders active, it just makes rbgs active.

will take nearly the whole season to have full gear

OR

the season will be a year long

#48 Stigz

Stigz
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration 0/0/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1666
  • LocationFinland

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:00 PM

What a load of crap...

They also need to address PVP weapons IMO when there are none available for Honor atm, they are way too big upgrades and hinders alts even more if you level up alts later on in the season.
Posted Image
63% Resilience, Destro is hard?

#49 cbit

cbit
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kargath
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/2/2/2/1

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:47 PM

View PostWildeHilde, on 02 November 2012 - 02:35 PM, said:

Well last season everyone complained about inactive ladders, now everyone whines as there are incentives to play. This very community gave the clear feedback that we want reasons to continue playing and not sit on rating.

I like giving people incentives to continue playing, but I am not sure if this is a step in the right direction as it seems like this forces people to keep playing. Guess we won't know for sure until it goes live, but on paper, I'm not a huge fan of this initially. Also, S11 was a bit of an aberration since it lasted so long, which contributed to the inactivity issue.

An alternative is just have shorter seasons. Keep the gear the same, but make seasons last 20-22 weeks (as a point of reference, according to WoW Wiki, every season was between 17-29 weeks except S8, 37 weeks, and S11, 38 weeks).

But this might not be possible b/c that means that PvE content would have to come out faster and Blizzard might not have the resources to be able to do that.

#50 Kettu

Kettu
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Dunemaul
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/2/0/2/0
  • RBG: 960
  • LocationKuwait

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:02 PM

View PostWildeHilde, on 02 November 2012 - 02:35 PM, said:

Well last season everyone complained about inactive ladders, now everyone whines as there are incentives to play. This very community gave the clear feedback that we want reasons to continue playing and not sit on rating.
How exactly is this supposed to make the ladders more active? (rating inflation+gear change)

-This will just make the ladders even more inactive, as there won't be any point in trying to get high ratings before the last 2 weeks of season because of rating inflation.
-People tend to get their cap from RBGs / 2v2. Having to play those 2 more will lead to less time available for 3v3 -> less activity in 3v3.

The solution to making the ladders more active is to merge the battlegroups and fix the queue system. Simple as that. If there are not many teams playing, how is a change on the rating system supposed to increase activity?

People tend to play arenas for fun. Not because they want to get the best possible gear and then stop. If the change goes live, you'll get the best possible gear maybe 1-2weeks before the season ends. How dumb is that? How can you even defend this change? If someone decides to sit on high rating, it's his own choice. They've propably played well to get that high, they have the right to hang around on that rating if they want to. They have the choice of camping for a title or the choice of playing for fun. It's their decision. Who are you to judge what they are supposed to do? From what I've heard, you've only got experience from the spectator side of arena. Sure, as a spectator you might think that this change brings more competition and action into arena. But it simply doesn't.

And what comes to boosting. The same people who bought the 2.2k boosts will just end up buying 2.4k 2.7k 3k 3.3k 3.6k 3.9k boosts etc. You really think this change will stop people from buying boosts?

Changing the rating system midseason would be dumb. Changing the rating system without testing the new system properly beforehand is even more dumb. The rating system has been changed a few times before, and every single time there were plenty of bugs and problems.

TLDR: The change would:
-lower overall arena activity
-remove competition from arena apart from last 2 weeks of season
-increase gear differences between players (There should be no gear differences in pvp expect for visual differences)
-make it mandatory to play RBGs if you don't want to fall too far from others on gear
-make gearing more than 1 alt pretty much impossible for normal people
-fuck up arena statistics (inbefore lolwhocares) Skilled 3.9k exp'd warrior LF team!11! etc. (atm it's pretty easy to check if people are terrible or not just by glancing through their achis / statistics / gems / enchants / reforges
-Won't affect the boosting business much of at all
-Current rating system is shit, but the change would make it even more shit.
-You are an idiot.

Edited by Kettu, 02 November 2012 - 07:08 PM.

#51 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 2273
  • 3v3: 2634
  • 5v5: 2359
  • RBG: 2126

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:05 PM

View PostKettu, on 02 November 2012 - 07:02 PM, said:

How exactly is this supposed to make the ladders more active?

This was probably the best post I have ever read. Sad I am out of votes for today.

Edit: Awww, why did you edit it all out, you hit every point spot on.

Edit2: Nvm, you put it back =D

Edited by Regent, 02 November 2012 - 07:14 PM.

#52 Bloobungle

Bloobungle
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Fire 1/1/0/2/1/2
  • RBG: 1785

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:43 PM

The difference is progression. It's as simple as that.

Do you continue to queue when you know there is absolutely no chance of gaining points? Do you continue to farm Blackrock Spire at level 90? It's the same idea. People want to see improvement or be rewarded for what they work at. If not, you are some special breed.

You are all making it sound awful that we have a reason to PvP every week. I don't understand. Would you rather just log in with a full set of gear, raise a team to 2700, quit for 8 months, then do it again? Why pay for the game? Stencil in 'gladiator' next to your name-tag at work if titles mean so much to you.

These changes are great. Ladders will shift around and it will be exciting to have that glimpse of being the #1 team. That's something to brag about! That's something to be proud of! That's something that will get people to play!

#53 Domesauce

Domesauce
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2098

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:00 PM

View PostBloobungle, on 02 November 2012 - 07:43 PM, said:

Do you continue to queue when you know there is absolutely no chance of gaining points?

I'm gonna go ahead and rank Conquest points on the very fucking bottom of the reasons why I queue.

#54 Zub

Zub
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/1

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:13 PM

I think point caps from arenas and RBGs need to be equalized or this won't do anything to increase arena activity, and I feel like this change does more harm than good because it increases the gear gap when we should be striving for a more balanced and level playing field instead. It also hurts people who multi-class because I know for myself I'm not going to sit around putting together RBGs on my alts just to get an extra 4-8 ilvls in arena, so I guess I'll just have to deal with having slightly worse gear. I think there are better ways they can go about fixing the ladder to promote activity, but everything so far seems like a push to promote activity in RBGs - which are enjoyable at times, but have the added hassle of logistics and a largely different playstyle.

View PostDomesauce, on 02 November 2012 - 08:00 PM, said:

I'm gonna go ahead and rank Conquest points on the very fucking bottom of the reasons why I queue.

pretty much this^

Edited by Zub, 02 November 2012 - 08:14 PM.

#55 phishy

phishy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Laughing Skull
  • Vindication

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:20 PM

View PostBloobungle, on 02 November 2012 - 07:43 PM, said:

The difference is progression. It's as simple as that.

Do you continue to queue when you know there is absolutely no chance of gaining points? Do you continue to farm Blackrock Spire at level 90? It's the same idea. People want to see improvement or be rewarded for what they work at. If not, you are some special breed.

You are all making it sound awful that we have a reason to PvP every week. I don't understand. Would you rather just log in with a full set of gear, raise a team to 2700, quit for 8 months, then do it again? Why pay for the game? Stencil in 'gladiator' next to your name-tag at work if titles mean so much to you.

These changes are great. Ladders will shift around and it will be exciting to have that glimpse of being the #1 team. That's something to brag about! That's something to be proud of! That's something that will get people to play!

rbgs

#56 Synkz

Synkz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/0/2/.

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:31 PM

i hate rbgs

#57 djp771133

djp771133
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1524

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:43 PM

View PostKettu, on 02 November 2012 - 07:02 PM, said:

How exactly is this supposed to make the ladders more active? (rating inflation+gear change)

Exactly.  I was trying to get at it in my post, but I couldn't find the right words.  I agree with basically everything kettu said.

#58 Stigz

Stigz
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration 0/0/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1666
  • LocationFinland

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:02 PM

The best possible fix for the whole arena: Fix the que times, seriously...

Make people able to que vs anyone and make the ques as fast as they are on AT.

And remove the horrible ability delays on retail, AT is so much more fluid than retail.
Right now, if you have really good reflexes you can juke a Mind Freeze AFTER you see the Mind Freeze spell effect.
Posted Image
63% Resilience, Destro is hard?

#59 Gekz

Gekz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 2342
  • 3v3: 2761
  • RBG: 2232

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:08 PM

this better be a hell of a long season...

#60 Gabbit

Gabbit
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:19 PM

Wow this is dumb i want ret gear :mad:
Gabbitnerdo ----- League of legends.

0 user(s) are reading this topic