• EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1053
  • 3v3: 192
  • LocationNORSWE

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:38 PM

View PostWildeHilde, on 02 November 2012 - 02:35 PM, said:

Well last season everyone complained about inactive ladders, now everyone whines as there are incentives to play. This very community gave the clear feedback that we want reasons to continue playing and not sit on rating.

lets be clear rite? this does not make me want to que more 3v3, the gearing part just forces me to play RBG.

also its quite an absurd amount of time I have to invest to obtain full (of the best) gear inorder to keep being able to compete on a somewhat equal level.

1500 more conquest per item is alot!

Edited by Jacquelol, 02 November 2012 - 02:41 PM.

Jacquel "The Druid" is currently not playing wow.

Shout out too Lunor for being the most amazing friend one can have.

Shout out too Hyuru the most amazing, friendly and nice person ive met on AJ
Shout out too Ardnut the second most amazing and friendly person ive met on AJ
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#22 Smir

Smir
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/2/0/2/0
  • LocationAustria

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:45 PM

Well last season everyone complained about inactive ladders, now everyone whines as there are incentives to play. This very community gave the clear feedback that we want reasons to continue playing and not sit on rating.
as stated befor, i dont play arena to get gear, i play arena to have fun and see how good me and my team can be in comparison to others

this change wont make me play more arena, this change makes me play more rbg
also i cant say anything about last seasons, but i dont think this will keep the arenaladder more active

the only thing i can see that keep ladder active is when they remove realmpools, let us play the whole time vs every1 in our zone (like rbg, the 4 min wait time is too much)

#23 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:45 PM

Edit: @Smir: Couldn't agree more, but the playing for fun concept does not work, see S11. People camp rating to get titles most of the time. This way there is chance to play up in later season.

You forgot about the team rating boost by playing constantly. It is probably possible to reach 3.5-4k rating in arena over the course of the season. This means top-rated 3v3 will cap conquest point gains by doing arena.

However, we took a hard look at the way we measure Team Rating, and came to the conclusion that our formula doesn’t do a good enough job of measuring the potential for improvement over the course of a season. While your skill may not necessarily improve over the course of a season, your gear definitely does, and that should have an effect on the relative power of your team. We’re currently working on a change to allow Team Ratings to grow faster over time, as long as you keep playing. We don’t have any specifics to share yet, but this correction will have the added benefit that players who continue playing will be capable of reaching higher Team Ratings, and therefore potential access to rewards, than someone who stops playing and sits on their rating.
As a potential example let’s say the Fatty Goat Steaks have a Team Rating of 2700 and the Mushan Tongues have a Team Rating of 2500. The Fatty Goat Steaks decide their Team Rating is high enough that they’re going to sit out the rest of the season. The Mushan Tongues keep playing each week, their gear gradually improves, and they continue to win many of their matches. Because of the new inflation component, their Team Rating rises, let’s say, 300 additional points to 2800. They are now higher ranked than the Fatty Goat Steaks. If the Fatty Goat Steaks decide to jump back into Arena matches, they can benefit from the inflation as well, but they’re going to have to play and win to catch up. It’s not going to be a system where you have to play every day just to defend your rating, but certainly one where you can’t sit at the top doing nothing and collect your rewards at the end. We’ll have more details on exactly how this system will work as we get closer to its implementation.

#24 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 2273
  • 3v3: 2634
  • 5v5: 2359
  • RBG: 2126

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:49 PM

View PostWildeHilde, on 02 November 2012 - 02:45 PM, said:

Edit: @Smir: Couldn't agree more, but the playing for fun concept does not work, see S11. People camp rating to get titles most of the time. This way there is way to play up in later season.

You forgot about the team rating boost by playing constantly. It is probably possible to reach 3.5-4k rating in arena over the course of the season. This means top-rated 3v3 will cap conquest point gains by doing arena.

But that inflation is only supposed to be towards the end of the season, and by that point you would already be almost done with your gear anyways.

#25 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:51 PM

This is why the conquest upgrades plus the rating inflation combined make it work. Maybe there are flaws in the system but it goes in the right direction. It will definitely increase arena and RBG participation.

#26 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:55 PM

View PostWildeHilde, on 02 November 2012 - 02:51 PM, said:

It will definitely increase arena and RBG participation.

We will see.

#27 Mirionx

Mirionx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 1/2/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2662

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:02 PM

View PostWildeHilde, on 02 November 2012 - 02:51 PM, said:

It will definitely increase RBG participation.

Not because people want to do it but because they're forced to do like in early season..

Forcing people to do something they don't want to do is great.

Edited by Mirionx, 02 November 2012 - 03:03 PM.

#28 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:07 PM

As said before I'd love a game where people would play purely for fun without a hamster wheel needed. This is the concept GuildWars 2 has. World of Warcraft however always worked with the hamster wheel. I mean look how many people are dumb enough to pay for boosts. The carrot on a stick seems to be the only thing that gets people to play. How many people would do Challenge Modes or Arenas if they didn't give rewards? A lot less for sure. This mechanic at least encourages participation and makes sure glads won't be based on Stampede this season.

#29 djp771133

djp771133
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1524

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:07 PM

View PostWildeHilde, on 02 November 2012 - 02:45 PM, said:

Edit: @Smir: Couldn't agree more, but the playing for fun concept does not work, see S11. People camp rating to get titles most of the time. This way there is chance to play up in later season.

If that is the case it will be weird to see people at 3.5k-4k rating.  I also see problems if they implement the rating change mid-season as some teams are sitting and others are playing all the time.  Would the sitting teams be punished when the patch hits?

Atm, there is not reason to que if you are like 2300+ because you get 10 min ques against 2k morons.  If the patch hits and They get boost for playing all the time the way it is looking they could get rewarded for going 300-300 win/loss and pass a high rated team easily.  I think putting a new system like this could be good, but not mid-season.

Also, if the mmr is going to get that high, almost all arena achieves will be pointless, it will be harder to tell good from bad.

Edited by djp771133, 02 November 2012 - 03:15 PM.

#30 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:11 PM

View Postdjp771133, on 02 November 2012 - 03:07 PM, said:

Would the sitting teams be punished when the patch hits?

The would not keep their rank but retain their rating.

#31 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:13 PM

View PostWildeHilde, on 02 November 2012 - 03:07 PM, said:

How many people would do Challenge Modes or Arenas if they didn't give rewards? A lot less for sure.

Challenge modes give transmog gear, which is what Arena should do. Give other rewards, not some stupid gear treadmill.

Missing a week or two of high cap will put you far behind for most of the season. Being competitive on alts is now impossible. Being forced to grind RBGs for the first half of every season. This is a BAD idea. Very bad.

#32 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:19 PM

Transmog gear would mean that people do it in 2v2 or 5v5 and keep their titles. I agree that one battlegroup per time-zone and regular tournaments would be a way better thing to do. But nothing is worse than 95% of the top teams camping rating and boosting other players up to glad range in a single day.

These changes introduce the gear treadmill to arenas but on the other hand encourage participation and make boosting less effective as 2.2k will be easily obtainable and glad range cannot be done within a single ID and will therefore need way more time to do. I like the MoP version better than the Cata one.

#33 Saikx

Saikx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arcane 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 2137
  • 3v3: 2624
  • RBG: 2184

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:21 PM

so you will need 24000 CP just to upgrade all the gear you got from spending 20k+ CP before, great idea

rofl..

edit: not like rbg is fucking annoying and bullshit already they force us to play even more of this shit

Edited by Saikx, 02 November 2012 - 03:23 PM.

Posted Image

Visit my stream: http://www.twitch.tv/saikx

#34 Domesauce

Domesauce
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2098

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:25 PM

Active ladders are great but that doesn't automatically make 5 months of gear farming a viable solution. They've already fixed the sitting on rating issue elsewhere anyways.

I'm all for incentives. Incentives are great. But I just hit 90 on one of my alts last week, which means I will never have equal gear on it until next season. In that case I'm discouraged from playing. This is simply NOT A VIABLE SOLUTION, no matter how nice it would be to have more active ladders.

#35 Baksteen

Baksteen
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Protection
  • RBG: 576
  • Locationup and down in and out

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:25 PM

Rating decay system should provide this, not an endless conquest point grind.

#36 Jacquelol

Jacquelol
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1053
  • 3v3: 192
  • LocationNORSWE

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:28 PM

View PostWildeHilde, on 02 November 2012 - 03:19 PM, said:

These changes introduce the gear treadmill to arenas but on the other hand encourage participation and make boosting less effective as 2.2k will be easily obtainable and glad range cannot be done within a single ID and will therefore need way more time to do. I like the MoP version better than the Cata one.

but you have absolutley no clue how it will turn out, so dont jump the stick that things will be fixed after patch.
Jacquel "The Druid" is currently not playing wow.

Shout out too Lunor for being the most amazing friend one can have.

Shout out too Hyuru the most amazing, friendly and nice person ive met on AJ
Shout out too Ardnut the second most amazing and friendly person ive met on AJ
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#37 Domesauce

Domesauce
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2098

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:29 PM

This won't even increase 3's participation, just RBGs, that's how you get points. What the fuck

#38 Wallirik

Wallirik
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2567
  • 3v3: 3226
  • 5v5: 2495
  • RBG: 2592

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:50 PM

a lot of people here with the ability to look into the future.

lol

#39 Ermurazorqt

Ermurazorqt
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 768

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:09 PM

This change is aids personally, RBG's is pretty boring personally compared to arena and it's a lot more time consuming putting together, especially on a low populated server. PvE gear in arena got removed because people disliked gear advantages and now we might have to face it again?

Also I can't be the only one who has more than one character to cap each week and it's allready a pain where 2's has to come in hand a lot. Now having more than one character up to date gear-wise will be harder which I personally disliked.

If they wanted to improve activity in arena, there are other ways to do it. Merging battlegroups is a good start for example which would improve queue times. Some kind of rating decay system is better as well.

I can't stress enough how much this change is shit.

#40 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:13 PM

I just told my brother, who hasn't played PvP for a few seasons, "So, today Blizzard announced that PvP gear..."

He cuts me off and says, "...is FINALLY easier to obtain? It was so retarded that you had to play so long before you were even on an even playing field."

Me: "No, they are making it take even longer to get max PvP gear, no more alts, having to do RBGs..."

Him: "Retards, thank god I don't play that shit anymore."

Even someone who hasn't played in 3 seasons understands this is retarded.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<