Help

PvP Gear upgrades for conquest points on PTR

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#101 Nycto

Nycto
  • Junkies

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:59 PM

On the contrary to what some people are saying, this change literally is making me only want to play other peoples accounts, for boosts or whatever, i don't want to have to spend a stupid amount of time gearing my main and any possible alts i may want to play, this change is just stupid.

Rating decay idea was stupid, but this is even worse.

#102 Justwoo

Justwoo
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline 2/2/1/1/2/2

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:59 PM

meowww meow
Posted Image

#103 kea

kea
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:11 PM

Seems like (not all of it...) much of the stink about these changes has to do with time spent doing RBGs. If we believe GC and his crew read what the players had to say over the last while about their MMR system then maybe we should make a big stink about how RBGs and 3s should give the same amount of Conq points every week. I know I would support a thread on the WoW forums if there was one created by a prominent Arena player (One that was well written and not exaggerated lol..)

#104 Vexxius

Vexxius
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1692
  • 3v3: 2432
  • RBG: 383
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:47 PM

TLDR for thread:

Posted Image

and

Posted Image

#105 Itsnel

Itsnel
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2469

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:57 PM

just merge bgs already and keep the rating system as it is?

Edited by Itsnel, 05 November 2012 - 09:23 PM.

#106 Ctuhlu

Ctuhlu
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:30 PM

View PostRegent, on 05 November 2012 - 01:35 PM, said:

Very good ideas, I really want to be able to have multiple teams, but that would require a complete overhaul of the rating system since it could potentially lead to certain people holding all the glad spots, mmr gouging, insane inflation, etc.

Simple solution: you can only "represent" one team. Think like being in multiple guilds in Guild Wars 2. There is a button in the UI that lets you choose which team you represent, and you only get rewards from that team, but you can switch your representation at any time.

Fourreur said:

we have to switch to them making the decision to pop reck or not to pop reck

#107 Smir

Smir
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/2/0/2/0
  • LocationAustria

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:59 PM

as said several times befor, improvements for pvp players that will not go threw as blizzard would loose money cause there is no more reason to transfer :D  :
-- merge bgs
-- keep ratingsys (probably bonuspool, as following up some ideas are working sc2 gimmiks)
-- make it like sc that you are able to be in many teams and the best counts for ranking, rating
------ therefor you probably have to remove the r1 stuff (realy whoever still cares about this r1 stuff is playing the wrong game imo), and make it like rbg that the best few % get special titles
-- realid arena (like it works in bg)

i know that this are just utopic wishes, but better set the scale high and be happy about whatever goes threw :) (Even if it is nothing :P )

oh and sorry, actually this is going a bit offtopic the general topic of conquest point pvp upgrades fell a bit behind, maybe for stuff like this we should make a new thread or go to an existing :)

Edited by Smir, 05 November 2012 - 11:01 PM.

#108 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:40 PM

It's really good news.
I am pretty sure people who were forced to play/gear for another spec because their main spec is not arena viable are thrilled with this change.

#109 Itsming

Itsming
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Guardian 2/1/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 2096
  • 3v3: 2133
  • RBG: 2236
  • LocationSweden

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:02 PM

Me and my team are getting t1 weapons tomorrow due to being "busy" irl or even taking irl before wow. I feel super far behind trying to compete to t2 geared players and IF this change comes live I'll prolly never catch up gear wise lol. So this change will only make people who doesn't have 10 hours per day to play not being able to compete at all just cause they can't counter the other teams high stats, legit change indeed.

#110 Sorex

Sorex
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2225

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:15 PM

View PostItsming, on 06 November 2012 - 05:02 PM, said:

Me and my team are getting t1 weapons tomorrow due to being "busy" irl or even taking irl before wow. I feel super far behind trying to compete to t2 geared players and IF this change comes live I'll prolly never catch up gear wise lol. So this change will only make people who doesn't have 10 hours per day to play not being able to compete at all just cause they can't counter the other teams high stats, legit change indeed.

I play rbgs a total of 4 hours a week. Getting a decently high rbg is all that takes time, once it is there, you maintain it and you keep your high cap.

#111 Bonjourhihi

Bonjourhihi
  • Wèntworth
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/2/0/2/0
  • RBG: 583

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:44 PM

I was wondering, there is a item lvl limit when you upgrade ? Otherwise it is fucking dumb, that does mean, if you don't play whole season every weeks, you wouldn't have top gear for your char ?

worst idea ever

Edited by Bonjourhihi, 07 November 2012 - 07:45 PM.

#112 Smir

Smir
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/2/0/2/0
  • LocationAustria

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:08 PM

View PostBonjourhihi, on 07 November 2012 - 07:44 PM, said:

I was wondering, there is a item lvl limit when you upgrade ? Otherwise it is fucking dumb, that does mean, if you don't play whole season every weeks, you wouldn't have top gear for your char ?

worst idea ever

if i am not wrong i saw somewhere that you can upgrade pvp gear 2 times (4 ilvl each) and pve only one time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<