• Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:38 AM

The ilvl upgrade is now live on PTR. You can upgrade Conquest gear for 750 points for 4ilvl. Works two times per item.

Source: http://www.mmo-champ...osts-MMO-Report

#2 Eissi

Eissi
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2228

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:48 AM

Does it work for all items or just set items?

#3 Itsnel

Itsnel
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2469

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:53 AM

yeaaaaaa forced into even more rbgs.....

#4 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:12 AM

Will keep the ladders active, which is a good thing in my opinion, although I hate grinds. Will at least introduce the meta game of new items vs. upgrading existing ones and make sure that PvP gear stays better than PvE.

#5 Jacquelol

Jacquelol
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1053
  • 3v3: 192
  • LocationNORSWE

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:30 AM

=( now I have to play even more =(
Jacquel "The Druid" is currently not playing wow.

Shout out too Lunor for being the most amazing friend one can have.

Shout out too Hyuru the most amazing, friendly and nice person ive met on AJ
Shout out too Ardnut the second most amazing and friendly person ive met on AJ
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#6 Draax

Draax
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/1/1/1/0
  • RBG: 768

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:47 AM

Do you have to get new gems and enchants for each item too?
"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."

-Draaxx

twitch.tv/draaxx
youtube.com/draaxxtv

#7 Shadowtwist

Shadowtwist
  • LocationRiyadh, Saudi Arabia

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:55 AM

View PostWildeHilde, on 02 November 2012 - 11:12 AM, said:

Will keep the ladders active, which is a good thing in my opinion, although I hate grinds. Will at least introduce the meta game of new items vs. upgrading existing ones and make sure that PvP gear stays better than PvE.

No if anything it would make it worse for players who don't want to play for 8 months and discourages anybody who comes mid season besides you can camp and grind ur gear from rbgs

They should revert this change IMO
Posted Image

#8 Pawzz

Pawzz
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery
  • LocationAustria

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:14 PM

This sucks imo, wanted to get holy gear asap and then ret gear, now im stuck getting holy gear the whole season, because I have to upgrade it all?

#9 spaceship

spaceship
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/2/0
  • RBG: 2389
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:25 PM

View PostPawzz, on 02 November 2012 - 12:14 PM, said:

This sucks imo, wanted to get holy gear asap and then ret gear, now im stuck getting holy gear the whole season, because I have to upgrade it all?

I hope this isn't the case.

#10 Top

• Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:29 PM

View PostWildeHilde, on 02 November 2012 - 11:12 AM, said:

When you put it that way it does sound pretty logical but I am not looking forward to the extra 22500ish points we need to earn.

Also, making sure pvp gear stays better than pve, except pve can upgrade their gear the same way?

cy@ anyone thinking about rerolling (hunters rofl)

#11 djp771133

djp771133
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1524

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:14 PM

now I'll have to wait to get my transmog boots, because conveniently the best boots for warriors looks like dk gear.  Now I have to upgrade everything now >.>

#12 Regent

Regent

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:17 PM

This is so dumb, Blizzard is moving the wrong way. Gear should be easier to get, not harder. Give aesthetic rewards, transmog, mounts, pets, cool novelty items for playing arena.

#13 Domesauce

Domesauce
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2098

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:30 PM

2 more months of gearing @ 3000 points a week. So total about 4 and a half months to gear, at least 5 months with arena caps.

So if you missed some points, you get a solid couple weeks to play with equal gear before season ends. Boy is this awesome.

#14 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:32 PM

With the added rating inflation mechanic this also f***s boosters, as everyone and his mother will have 2.2k and glad boosts are nearly undoable due to the gear requirement and the rating advantage of playing constantly. The longer I think about it the more I like it. By the way f*** boosters.

#15 snackbacon

snackbacon
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2437

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:33 PM

This won't encourage people to remain active. This will encourage more 2s/rbgs.

#16 djp771133

djp771133
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1524

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:37 PM

View PostWildeHilde, on 02 November 2012 - 01:32 PM, said:

With the added rating inflation mechanic this also f***s boosters, as everyone and his mother will have 2.2k and glad boosts are nearly undoable due to the gear requirement and the rating advantage of playing constantly. The longer I think about it the more I like it. By the way f*** boosters.

does anyone know when the inflation mechanic will go through?  You think it'l be this season or will they implement it at the start of next.

#17 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:38 PM

View Postdjp771133, on 02 November 2012 - 01:37 PM, said:

does anyone know when the inflation mechanic will go through?  You think it'l be this season or will they implement it at the start of next.

5.1 as far as I remember.

#18 Smir

Smir
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/2/0/2/0
  • LocationAustria

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:27 PM

to be honest so many good players have soo less time atm, ans this keeps the interest even less
back then when i had time and also did pve i was used to the never ending farming and i was ok with it, but now as i reduced my time to a minimum and just want to play on a equal gear base this is more pissing me off than i am happy about it

wow is already a game where you are forced to play a lost (if you compare it with cs or sc where you can just log in for 30 mins and still have fun) but now this is again once more part that force you to make the game to an addiction

there should be other ways to keep stuff active and this wont foce people to play more arena, this just make them to play more rbg so they get more points

[edit]
oh missed this:

View PostDomesauce, on 02 November 2012 - 01:30 PM, said:

2 more months of gearing @ 3000 points a week. So total about 4 and a half months to gear, at least 5 months with arena caps.

So if you missed some points, you get a solid couple weeks to play with equal gear before season ends. Boy is this awesome.
pretty much agree 100%

i want the same gear the whole season for every1, i dont like to win cause i outgear them :) (but thats a whole diffrent storry)

Edited by Smir, 02 November 2012 - 02:29 PM.

#19 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:35 PM

Well last season everyone complained about inactive ladders, now everyone whines as there are incentives to play. This very community gave the clear feedback that we want reasons to continue playing and not sit on rating.

#20 Regent

Regent

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:37 PM

Gearing, at most should take 2-3 months. It shouldn't take you more than half the season to get gear. This will make the gear difference even larger, and make even less people PvP. This is easily one of the least thought-out updates ever. It does the EXACT opposite of what they intend. This just forces people into more RBGs...

View PostWildeHilde, on 02 November 2012 - 02:35 PM, said:

Well last season everyone complained about inactive ladders, now everyone whines as there are incentives to play. This very community gave the clear feedback that we want reasons to continue playing and not sit on rating.

More gear isn't an incentive. The reason why the brackets were dead is a broken mmr system, and the fact that there is still separate bg groups.

The mmr system lets everyone have a base of mmr, and then the mmr shifts between players. At the start of the season, people all play and the mmr shifts around a lot and the ratings go really high. Then Blizzard decided to punish people for team hopping by literally deleting mmr, this, in conjunction with top teams not queueing because no one at their mmr is queueing causes the brackets to get more and more dead. By the end of last season I couldn't push glad, even though I had been the req rating 3 times throughout the season since when I got my new partners our mmr tanked and we literally faced 2 teams over 2300 in 2 weeks of queueing. MMR can't just disappear.

Edited by Regent, 02 November 2012 - 02:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<