Ballzbandit
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Demon Soul
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/2/0
  • RBG: 576

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:42 PM

I started playing resto druid this expansion and so far I'm terrible.

I can't seem to keep my partners up through burst. Warrior/Hunter burst is ridiculous at the moment however, I feel like they shouldn't die with full hots rolling and me in treeform spamming regrowth.

Am I doing something wrong?

My armory link is at the bottom, but here is what I've done with my gear:
After reforging for 9.95% haste (extra lifebloom tick) I reforged all my secondary stats (including spirit) into mastery. I don't feel like I need too much spirit as I have yet to go oom in an arena match.
I have almost all pvp gear with the exception of a trinket, which I swap out every few games just to try something different. I flip flop between the on-use pvp trinket and the ilvl263 pve trinket that has int on it.

Help!

Armory: Won't let me post a url so... Badnit - Demon Soul - US
"Whoops, sorry guy, I've been muted the last few games." -Me
"I thought it was my birthday." -2s partner

#2 Top

• Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:51 PM

I've been kind of saying the same thing so far.  Here are some random thoughts about it.

Your gear will get better and healing output will increase, however, dps will also increase.

On beta, my regrowth crit for 80k average (pvp power 100% instead of 50% now) in full malevolent without full gems/enchants.

Currently on live it's average 71k with full enchants, and using int + int/resil + int/spirit gems.

GC mentioned nerfing shaman and paladin healing output for pvp, did not mention anything about resto druid.  This bodes well.

Druid belong in a CC oriented comp.  Paladins excel in cleave comps.  Shaman are just good at everything.

I found KFC easy to play against as god comp.  Lots of ways to survive the burst.

I have been playing war/bm/rdruid lately and do not like it.  Once someone gets low, it's hard to pick them back up and once the druid is forced to spam heal instead of throw up hots and CC, it's a losing battle.

tldr:  play a cc heavy comp that can help mitigate damage through CC/offheals and let the hots do their job

#3 spaceship

spaceship
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/2/0
  • RBG: 2389
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:14 PM

Don't forget to use Ironbark. It's an extremely short cooldown with 4-piece so you should try to have it up before the burst/CC comes in.

#4 thrudgel

thrudgel
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Balance 1/2/2/0/2/2
  • RBG: 2207

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:55 PM

View Postspaceship, on 02 November 2012 - 07:14 PM, said:

Don't forget to use Ironbark. It's an extremely short cooldown with 4-piece so you should try to have it up before the burst/CC comes in.

yep remember ironbark and natur's vigil are off the gcd so u can either add them to macros or use them inbetween casts/hots
Also against stuff like kfc, deciding to roll a hot instead of regrowth can cost u games. 15sec lifebloom is also the superior spec and refreshing it with ironbark is the better option than letting it bloom

#5 thrudgel

thrudgel
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Balance 1/2/2/0/2/2
  • RBG: 2207

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:57 PM

Also, restodruid has a glitch right now vs dispels, a lot of times it goes to 3 stacks from purge spam it's very amusing because the dispelling players think you're just refreshing them faster than they can remove them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<