Bloobungle
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Fire 1/1/0/2/1/2
  • RBG: 1785

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:25 PM

What ever happened to the players that want to compete and prove that they deserve to be considered the best? Where did the love for epic competition go? Does having a title next to your name really mean anything?

This season is barely kicking off and it already feels like people are simply participating in RBG's more or less as a chore.

Why should I invite your alt? Why do you join the group to complain? Why are you afraid to queue after reaching 2200?

Don't sign up simply to decorate your character. Don't participate because there's nothing better to do. You want points? I don't care. Appreciate the strategic team-based objective PvP and make a name for your group. Because you know what? I don't think there are 80,000 posts every day about RBG's being poorly balanced.

#2 mackazar

mackazar
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1888
  • 3v3: 2381
  • 5v5: 2409
  • RBG: 384

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:28 PM

Why do people care about or even play Arby's Cheese? They are boring...I would rather fuck around in a random BG with friends

#3 Hendie

Hendie
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:49 PM

There is no point to try and be the best when any retard can just one shot atm.
www.twitch.tv/Hendiee

#4 Bloobungle

Bloobungle
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:50 PM

Mackazar,
Your definition of boring is quite astounding. Would you mind expanding on that idea? What exactly do you look for when you play?

Hendie,
You'd be surprised how differently things play out when the main objective is not to kill the opposing team. Again, dig through the complaints all over the wow community and compare the levels between RBG's and arenas.

Edited by Bloobungle, 26 October 2012 - 05:55 PM.

#5 Hyrmine

Hyrmine
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:57 PM

I can see where you are coming from and the time when people took this game serious is simply just over. Back then people used to rage and hate on each other pretending to be some kind of god but nobody cares anymore. People either just wanna make money of WoW, get subs and views. People just grew up I guess and saw that WoW isnt real.

I remember back then in tbc seeing this screenshot of icematik and sonny outside IF and one of them was flaming the other saying he was some basement nerd or whatever but they were way younger than. Nobody cares about being a better player or.. best of each class per realm (which people talked about 24/7 in tbc).

You can argue whether the skill level was higher back then but idk having every kfc getting t2 rating with brain damaged players doesnt seem to be too skill based. Kinda reminds me of s5, just with warriors instead of dks.

#6 Bloobungle

Bloobungle
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:00 PM

I've been suckered in already.

View PostBloobungle, on 26 October 2012 - 05:25 PM, said:

Why should I invite your alt? Why do you join the group to complain? Why are you afraid to queue after reaching 2200?

Just stop it. Be constructive or flag me as a moron and move on.

#7 Bloobungle

Bloobungle
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:05 PM

View PostHyrmine, on 26 October 2012 - 05:57 PM, said:

I can see where you are coming from and the time when people took this game serious is simply just over. Back then people used to rage and hate on each other pretending to be some kind of god but nobody cares anymore. People either just wanna make money of WoW, get subs and views. People just grew up I guess and saw that WoW isnt real.

I remember back then in tbc seeing this screenshot of icematik and sonny outside IF and one of them was flaming the other saying he was some basement nerd or whatever but they were way younger than. Nobody cares about being a better player or.. best of each class per realm (which people talked about 24/7 in tbc).

You can argue whether the skill level was higher back then but idk having every kfc getting t2 rating with brain damaged players doesnt seem to be too skill based. Kinda reminds me of s5, just with warriors instead of dks.

Thanks for actually putting together a thoughtful response.
Do you simply think the poor game designs have created enough of an uproar that our entire community continues to play out of pure hatred for balance? Are we all psychologically impaired?

The examples we are setting for the up and coming PvPrs is awful. Would you pick up the game and say" hey, these guys make things sound fun. I'm going to learn how to pvp."

#8 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 2273
  • 3v3: 2634
  • 5v5: 2359
  • RBG: 2126

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:24 PM

Terrible maps. Terrible class balance. Horribly boring.

#9 Hyrmine

Hyrmine
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:55 PM

View PostBloobungle, on 26 October 2012 - 06:05 PM, said:

Thanks for actually putting together a thoughtful response.
Do you simply think the poor game designs have created enough of an uproar that our entire community continues to play out of pure hatred for balance? Are we all psychologically impaired?

The examples we are setting for the up and coming PvPrs is awful. Would you pick up the game and say" hey, these guys make things sound fun. I'm going to learn how to pvp."
people don't play because of their hate but we can argue whether we actually are impaired since it is piss easy to find people in the pvp community to bash the game and find things to complain about but still nobody quits.
People tell each other that they would love to quit WoW for another game if there was any good alternative but the sad truth is nobody actually bothers trying any other game and just sticks to playing WoW simply because they are used to it.
MMORPGs are in a completely different kind of market. Usually consumers stop paying for stuff they don't like and buy from companies who make items they like. That way always the best product will have the best sales. WoW is different since it involves an addiction element. Even if right now, a MMORPG came out that was better than WoW, it wouldn't "kill" WoW simply because WoW players are too much into this game. Literally nobody here will agree that they are addicted and not many are addicted in a common way but everyone is too used to playing the character they have played for years that they start complaining the second they log on any other MMORPG.
It's a bit funny that players actually laugh at other MMORPGs and call them WoW clones but the sad fact is, unless another MMORPG is a clonse, NOBODY will play it.Why is that so?
Because WoW players in general are too stupid to adapt. Back then in TBC you had to go queue in a city if you wanted BG/Arena but now you can queue anywhere. Let's say there is a new MMORPG where you had to run to the city every single time you wanted to go BG or if one of your team has to sit there queuing at NPC. What would people do? They would Alt+F4 and go cry right here that X game is trash because you can't queue anywhere and add a typical "fuck that" to their post.
People always assume that WoW invented the whole genre but nobody seems to know that the reason WoW became the MMORPG king is only that they copied from every single MMORPG that existed back then and merged all good ideas together. This together with the fact that it was a Warcraft game made it easy for them to rule the market. Back then Blizzard was gold. WC3, D2 and SC were the most popular games around and even I spent many hours playing WC3 online that was filled with active players. Then WoW came out  and all Blizzard players rushed to play it, even if they never played any MMORPG before. I still remember many people in the clan I was in quitting just to play WoW. None of them ever played Everquest or other MMORPGs which is why nobody complained about WoW being a copy but now where everyone plays this game people all gladly call all other games cheap copies.
Even though the only way to really take the market from WoW is to copy it and improve upon it. This together with hype would beat WoW but even then fanboys, which is nearly every WoW player, would run around flaming the other game and this is why we all still play WoW and this is why there are no better MMORPGs. Not because it is so hard to beat this game, nor are all the companies too shit. It's only because their marketing departments know that WoW players will never give any other game a try, no matter how good it is. On a side note, don't bother arguing with this telling me that you are 'so' different and would gladly switch since even if the whole AJ community would switch MMORPG, it'd still not be enough. We need to get the dumb playerbase to switch too, which is the hardest task.

And no nobody here is setting a good example for PvPers. The only time anyone will look up to you is when you do something that he can't. There needs to be something in the game that makes other people say "Wow thats impressive! Tips? :D" but nobody these days will do that since the game is so faceroll right now and will always be from now on. Every time people see a rogue R1 player they go and flame him for playing "op comp" RMP. Every time people see a warrior R1 they will flame him for facerolling here and there. High rated players were way more rare in TBC which is why it was different then but it all changed and it won't come back. That's just ignoring that every 'newbie' who takes a look at AJ or anything PvP would be scared off since it's all about insulting each other, complaining and whining or having YT channels where you put the dumbest shit there is, just to entertain people, instead of getting subs because of how good you are.

#10 Gabbit

Gabbit
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:09 AM

ya right im not reading that
Gabbitnerdo ----- League of legends.

#11 GrieverZ

GrieverZ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/1/2/1/1
  • RBG: 1910

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:35 AM

People are just forcing people that have no interest in doing rbgs to do them because of how much faster it makes gearing. I totally get what you mean and i miss it too since i love doing RBGs but its near impossible to play with "serious" people anymore. Since nobody do them on my server im stuck pugging only to get in groups of braindamaged raging egotistical (all based off flawed statistical numbers that varied so much across seasons that they are meaningless) idiots that it just kills my desire to do them.

I remember at one point playing for fun and actually enjoying working to improve my play and enjoy the ride, now all people care about is gear and titles that loses a little bit more of their value as ironically people get more desperate to get them (DDosing, wintrading etc...).

#12 Asmodean

Asmodean
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Eredar
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Discipline 1/2/1/1/0/1
  • RBG: 2427

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:41 AM

View PostHyrmine, on 26 October 2012 - 06:55 PM, said:

People tell each other that they would love to quit WoW for another game if there was any good alternative but the sad truth is nobody actually bothers trying any other game and just sticks to playing WoW simply because they are used to it....

I guess you are generally right about the addicition part. But I would like to add that from my perspective there currently is no other MMO that provides something that really compares to arenas. Many of the players I know (friends, efriends etc) tried out numerous other MMOs - but none of them really lived up to the expectations. (Has of course also to do with being so accustomed to WoW)

With all that in mind, it is really sad what kind of potential is being (or has been as it stands now) wasted by Blizzards ignorance/indifference towards PvP balancing. In TBC, there was a huge PvP community shaping up. Even though there have been some major balance flaws, players were optimisic and gave Blizz the benefit of doubt and counted on future changes to balance the game. From then on, with each expansion in particular, one dissapointment was followed by another.  Actually, when looking back now, one could get the impression that Blizzard just tried to gradually abolish arenas (by doing nothing or not enough regarding their balance) in favor of new concepts that are easier for them to handle - such as RBGs.

Interestingly, for Cata and even for MOP many PvPers came back (such as me and some friends) to check whether something changed for good. Guess here we are at the addiction part ;). But neither I nor most in my F-list/guild ever played as intensely as in TBC or even as in some part of WOTLK (s6 and s7). The numbers of active PvPers underlines this. All in all there has been a constant decline from S4 (guess that was the peak) to now - the slow death of WoW PvP.

Bottom line might be that maybe soon the time is ripe for another MMO to be successful with PvP content and to animate parts of the disillusioned WoW PvP community to migrate. GW2 certainly tries this, but it does not look too good up to now, does it?
Posted Image

#13 droolingmoron

droolingmoron
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:49 AM

View PostHyrmine, on 26 October 2012 - 06:55 PM, said:

People tell each other that they would love to quit WoW for another game if there was any good alternative but the sad truth is nobody actually bothers trying any other game and just sticks to playing WoW simply because they are used to it.
MMORPGs are in a completely different kind of market. Usually consumers stop paying for stuff they don't like and buy from companies who make items they like. That way always the best product will have the best sales. WoW is different since it involves an addiction element. Even if right now, a MMORPG came out that was better than WoW, it wouldn't "kill" WoW simply because WoW players are too much into this game. Literally nobody here will agree that they are addicted and not many are addicted in a common way but everyone is too used to playing the character they have played for years that they start complaining the second they log on any other MMORPG.
usually people that played this game for a long time and pvpd a lot have way more than one character. actually when leveling got easier i started to level a new character every season and made that char my new main because the game was so fucking boring. this is only true for pvp players though, since when you're into hardcore pve you can't just start from 0 when new content is released.
also if you can't stop playing the game even if you don't like it anymore i pity you. if you're still playing then there must be something you like  a lot about it, so don't kid yourself. quitting the game isn't "hard", i've done it a lot and last time i quit was nearly a year ago and i still don't feel any need to come back.

Edited by droolingmoron, 29 October 2012 - 10:50 AM.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen.

L.W.

#14 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:38 PM

View PostGrieverZ, on 27 October 2012 - 03:35 AM, said:

People are just forcing people that have no interest in doing rbgs to do them because of how much faster it makes gearing.

1900 rbg gives more than a 2400 3's team. MAKES SENSE.

Edited by Regent, 29 October 2012 - 12:39 PM.

#15 Mirionx

Mirionx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 1/2/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2662

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:33 PM

View PostRegent, on 29 October 2012 - 12:38 PM, said:

1900 rbg gives more than a 2400 3's team. MAKES SENSE.

no

#16 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:10 PM

View PostMirionx, on 29 October 2012 - 03:33 PM, said:

no

Okay, it was slightly exaggerated. But 1970 CR gives more cap than 2400 in 3s does. That is stupid, considering I played like 7 rbgs this entire season...

#17 Mirionx

Mirionx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 1/2/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2662

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:33 PM

View PostRegent, on 29 October 2012 - 04:10 PM, said:

Okay, it was slightly exaggerated. But 1970 CR gives more cap than 2400 in 3s does. That is stupid, considering I played like 7 rbgs this entire season...
well that's your fault isn't it, play 12 rbgs yourself and get 2200 for a 3k cap

#18 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:52 PM

View PostMirionx, on 29 October 2012 - 04:33 PM, said:

well that's your fault isn't it, play 12 rbgs yourself and get 2200 for a 3k cap

I'm just saying, in general, it shouldn't be like that.

#19 Canadianpimp_613638

Canadianpimp_613638
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Discipline 2/2/1/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1822

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:53 PM

At least RBGs this season are more about which team has more Cunnings and wizards.

#20 Saru93

Saru93
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/0/1/1/1

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:56 PM

please guys please get a fucking tldr version of your wall of text

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<