Chaos Bolt nerf in 5.1

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#41 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:39 AM

Xelnath argued with the rest of the dev team about the new Cataclysm spell and got himself fired: http://www.mmo-champ...o-the-Community

This is actually a shame because I like the lock design if we ignore the existence of PvP, where the issues are much more global than warlocks anyway. We actually have very few issues currently, to make warlocks fun again they'd only need to fix the following:
1) Dispel protection. Make UA dispel actually deal damage, and/or make it give us a shard back. Make Haunt undispellable if needed
2) Shift some damage from Malefic Grasp to DoTs, and some from Chaos Bolt into Incinerate/Immolate
3) Balance the rest of the game. This is the other half of the reason affliction sucks - the way it delivers damage is just useless with current damage vs healing ratios.

P.S.
What the fuck is up with Blizzard and "Cataclysm"? Every time you see them using the word, it's something bad.

Edited by Thaya, 25 October 2012 - 07:51 AM.

Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#42 Bonjourhihi

Bonjourhihi
  • Wèntworth
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/2/0/2/0
  • RBG: 583

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:48 AM

how to fix destro :

Change the ember tap system, this is fucking dumb and make us tank. If conflagrate generate shard next patch, we gonna be arena tank.
Delete rain of fire, spamming this shit make the gameplay so boring
Doesn't nerf chaos bolt damage but nerf destro demon soul, that's why chaos bolt hit so much.
Reduce chaos bolt cast time, so it can be viable for arena.
Increase for 5% conflagrate and incinerate damage.

And for affliction, my guess is, they need to delete sould shard + soul swap, this is just dumb and increase damage of every spells

Edited by Bonjourhihi, 25 October 2012 - 08:09 AM.

#43 towst

towst
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Executus
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Affliction 2/2/2/2/0/0

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:02 PM

View Postsaffie, on 24 October 2012 - 10:25 PM, said:

think we would be okay with this.

and it is not the same thing ccing stampede and interrupting chaos bolt, chaos bolt can be interrupted by many things that every single class have, such as interrupts, ccs, stuns what have you, it can be interrupted by grounding totems, reflects and simply moving behind the pillar, its like being hit by a mage casting pyro. If you are hit by a chaos bolt in a game you probably have made a mistake.

stampede can be feared, stunned etc by certain classes, and even then the duration is 20 seconds so they will have enough uptime to kill you afterwards.

another thing is to get chaos bolt out you need embers, you need to position well and you need to really read the game, to get a stampede out you just click it and go afk.

I don't really want to flame some us paladin with no titles whatsoever on warlock forums for no reason but when you compare chaos bolt to stampede you kinda ask for it.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

#44 Eiviyn

Eiviyn
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/0/2/0

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:17 PM

View Postsaffie, on 25 October 2012 - 02:56 AM, said:

how the fuck did conflag crit you almost 80k? mine crits top 50k there is no way you had that much resilience or at least there were other factors somehow.

Human, 2x trinkets, +3k spellpower and 1k PvP power more than you because FUN

#45 Eiviyn

Eiviyn
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:47 AM

Posted Image

CB now applies a 3 sec DoT for 25% of total damage instead of +25% damage when used with Sacrifice. Debuff is dispellable.

Stolen from MMO-Champion.

#46 Wallirik

Wallirik
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2612
  • 3v3: 3261
  • 5v5: 2737
  • RBG: 2654

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:44 PM

what a stupid change lol.

should've just decreased chaos bolt dmg and buffed other spells, like incinerate and immolate.

Edited by Wallirik, 27 October 2012 - 04:44 PM.

#47 Canadianpimp_613638

Canadianpimp_613638
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Discipline 2/2/1/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1822

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:25 PM

View PostEiviyn, on 27 October 2012 - 11:47 AM, said:

Posted Image

CB now applies a 3 sec DoT for 25% of total damage instead of +25% damage when used with Sacrifice. Debuff is dispellable.

Stolen from MMO-Champion.

Can you post the thread?

EDIT: Found it.

http://www.mmo-champ...-changes/page42

Also looks like Demon Soul/Dark Soul is a buff curse now, so it can't be spellstolen/purged.

Edited by Canadianpimp_613638, 27 October 2012 - 05:41 PM.

#48 saffie

saffie
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2112

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:26 PM

Overnerf as usual, %25 less AND  a dot with no compensation but some shitty spell called cataclysm xD

#49 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 2273
  • 3v3: 2634
  • 5v5: 2359
  • RBG: 2126

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:05 PM

Good change.

#50 saffie

saffie
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:07 PM

^this guy is playing KFC and lurking warlock forums because he met a destro warlock once in arena and got owned because he is too shit to see the chaos bolt coming, now all he does is run around and whine about one of the lowest tier classes on their forums and flex that he managed to get high rating with the cheesiest comp where they more or less bring the healer as an accessory even though the best he has managed so far is duelist.

+rep if you agree.

#51 Eiviyn

Eiviyn
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:17 PM

View Postsaffie, on 27 October 2012 - 07:07 PM, said:

^this guy is playing KFC and lurking warlock forums because he met a destro warlock once in arena and got owned because he is too shit to see the chaos bolt coming, now all he does is run around and whine about one of the lowest tier classes on their forums and flex that he managed to get high rating with the cheesiest comp where they more or less bring the healer as an accessory even though the best he has managed so far is duelist.

+rep if you agree.

Just ignore him. He just posts whines in every thread like it's some kind of life goal.

#52 slantsix

slantsix
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction 0/0/0/0/2/2
  • RBG: 2421

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:02 PM

Posted Image
Chaos Bolt seems to be in a perfectly fine position to me.

#53 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:17 PM

View Postsaffie, on 27 October 2012 - 07:07 PM, said:

+rep if you agree.

I'm sorry we can't all be s11 RLS heroes.

#54 Wallirik

Wallirik
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2612
  • 3v3: 3261
  • 5v5: 2737
  • RBG: 2654

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:27 PM

View PostRegent, on 29 October 2012 - 01:17 PM, said:

ya, instead you can be a s12 KFC hero =)

#55 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:30 PM

View PostWallirik, on 29 October 2012 - 01:27 PM, said:

ya, instead you can be a s12 KFC hero =)

After a whole expansion of pallies of being subpar, I'll take whatever I can get...

Edited by Regent, 29 October 2012 - 01:30 PM.

#56 Eiviyn

Eiviyn
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:33 PM

View Postslantsix, on 29 October 2012 - 01:02 PM, said:

Posted Image
Chaos Bolt seems to be in a perfectly fine position to me.

Nerfing human racial would shave 20k off that.

#57 saffie

saffie
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:03 PM

View PostRegent, on 29 October 2012 - 01:17 PM, said:

nice try, like I would ever get in a pissing contest with you :D

I sometimes check other forums as well and you litter all of them for some reason, how much time do you have in your hands that you go to hunter, warlock etc forums to spew mindless opinions like what you think about their class matters? Did you just get your aj access and excited about it?

Edited by saffie, 29 October 2012 - 02:39 PM.

#58 Tsx

Tsx
  • Junkies

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:22 PM

View PostRegent, on 29 October 2012 - 01:30 PM, said:

After a whole expansion of pallies of being subpar, I'll take whatever I can get...
cuz ur too shit to get rating when the comps u could roll were decent instead of faceroll.

#59 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:16 PM

View PostYarmyxx, on 29 October 2012 - 03:22 PM, said:

cuz ur too shit to get rating when the comps u could roll were decent instead of faceroll.

Actually, I was higher rating last season, and the season before that.

View Postsaffie, on 29 October 2012 - 02:03 PM, said:

nice try, like I would ever get in a pissing contest with you :D

I sometimes check other forums as well and you litter all of them for some reason, how much time do you have in your hands that you go to hunter, warlock etc forums to spew mindless opinions like what you think about their class matters? Did you just get your aj access and excited about it?

Pretending like any of these posts are useful? Half of them are warlocks QQ'ing that they have to do more than spam fears to get gladiator, and then the other half are laughing at how fun it is to two shot people. Warlocks are one of the only classes that has been extremely good every season (minus 5 and 9), and for once they are just "good" and people flip a shit. We get it, hunters and warriors are getting nerfed, and then you will be able to play shatterplay and everything will be alright.

I go on the hunter forums because I play with one, I go on warrior forums because I play with one, and I go on warlock forums because I feed on the QQ. WoW is all about what is currently strong. One season someone is 2200, the next they could be 2600, then back to 2200. Since you are apparently such a vet, I would think you'd understand that, but...you don't seem to bright.

Edited by Regent, 29 October 2012 - 04:22 PM.

#60 saffie

saffie
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:16 PM

View PostRegent, on 29 October 2012 - 04:16 PM, said:

Actually, I was higher rating last season, and the season before that.

Pretending like any of these posts are useful? Half of them are warlocks QQ'ing that they have to do more than spam fears to get gladiator, and then the other half are laughing at how fun it is to two shot people. Warlocks are one of the only classes that has been extremely good every season (minus 5 and 9), and for once they are just "good" and people flip a shit. We get it, hunters and warriors are getting nerfed, and then you will be able to play shatterplay and everything will be alright.

I go on the hunter forums because I play with one, I go on warrior forums because I play with one, and I go on warlock forums because I feed on the QQ. WoW is all about what is currently strong. One season someone is 2200, the next they could be 2600, then back to 2200. Since you are apparently such a vet, I would think you'd understand that, but...you don't seem to bright.

Pretty sure coming to warlock forums and suggesting it is good that we are getting nerfed is not feeding on the qq its just being a douchebag, if you are such a cool guy and you are trolling all of us then why are you trying to explain your reasoning right now? As far as I know people who try to "feed on the qq" don't try to justify what they do.

If you are trying to be a troll you are failing miserably at it. You rarely see someone who is not a warlock posting on warlock forums so much, or someone who is not a warrior expressing their opinions on warrior forums so much, you just come off as butthurt and a tryhard who has a lot of spare time in his hands.

PS: I can't play shatterplay because I'm a warlock, shatterplay consists of a mage and a shadowpriest, if you meant shadowplay warriors being nerfed (haven't seen proper nerf to hunters yet) is a good step but warlock design is so fucked up right now that I'd rather watch paint dry than to play affliction, which is also getting nerfed for some reason. Yes we might qq that our class is boring to play and at the bottom of the arena pool among monks and rogues but we discuss abilities and comps too, justifying this by saying we have been good for a long time is the most retarded thing and counterproductive to the game being balanced and makes you look even more butthurt.

A piece of advise is to stop trying to troll so much as you might end up losing your AJ access that you have recently gained. That would be a shame for the community.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<