Eiviyn
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/0/2/0

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:16 AM

Also, this is probably the last burst of Class Design work that I'm going to be doing for a while. I burned too much political capital getting Cataclysm through to remain viable in my position. Chaos Bolt will be getting a damage nerf to reduce its Arena viability soon and I will be focusing on other aspects of game design.

http://www.mmo-champ...=1#post18853308

Xelnath is a dev who posts on MMO-Champion and is/was responsible for lock design.

Wish they'd just un-ruin affliction.

#2 saffie

saffie
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2112

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:46 AM

yes pls nerf warlocks we are so op right now.

#3 Bonjourhihi

Bonjourhihi
  • Wèntworth
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/2/0/2/0
  • RBG: 583

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:50 AM

5.1 update : Banish now also works on Aberrations.

mean we will be able to use banish on warrior and hunter ? seems a pretty good buff for us.

Edited by Bonjourhihi, 24 October 2012 - 11:58 AM.

#4 Nitric

Nitric
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/1/2/1/1
  • RBG: 2436

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:17 PM

POPULAR

View PostBonjourhihi, on 24 October 2012 - 11:50 AM, said:

5.1 update : Banish now also works on Aberrations.

mean we will be able to use banish on warrior and hunter ? seems a pretty good buff for us.

It says Aberrations, not mongoloids.

#5 Frango

Frango
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Demonology 0/1/1/0/0/2
  • RBG: 192

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:26 PM

Bullshit. Fuck destro its only a RBG specc, anyone with half a brain wont let u get a CB of in arena. Fix UA nao!
Posted Image

#6 Regent

Regent

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:34 PM

View Postsaffie, on 24 October 2012 - 11:46 AM, said:

yes pls nerf warlocks we are so op right now.

No matter how bad a class you are, hitting people for 200k in literally one spell is never okay.

#7 Eiviyn

Eiviyn
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:43 PM

View PostRegent, on 24 October 2012 - 12:34 PM, said:

No matter how bad a class you are, hitting people for 200k in literally one spell is never okay.

170k. Requires a dispellable 2min cooldown. Warlock glows bright red then casts for 2-3 sec.

Dispel.
Use a cooldown.
Interrupt.

You're welcome.

#8 Nycto

Nycto
  • Junkies

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:13 PM

View PostEiviyn, on 24 October 2012 - 12:43 PM, said:

170k. Requires a dispellable 2min cooldown. Warlock glows bright red then casts for 2-3 sec.

Dispel.
Use a cooldown.
Interrupt.

You're welcome.

170k? I literally don't go over 140k with cd's, i've had a 170k before but it was very situational, and i assume it was through mistake. None of this is including if the enemy doesn't use defensives/any form of interupt lol.

#9 Eiviyn

Eiviyn
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:42 PM

View PostNycto, on 24 October 2012 - 01:13 PM, said:

170k? I literally don't go over 140k with cd's, i've had a 170k before but it was very situational, and i assume it was through mistake. None of this is including if the enemy doesn't use defensives/any form of interupt lol.

Do you use the PvP on-use trinket with Dark Soul? I know that's stating the obvious, but my CBs are pretty reliably 170k (180k on bad geared).

Then a few of these happen every now and again;

Posted Image

#10 Regent

Regent

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:02 PM

View PostEiviyn, on 24 October 2012 - 12:43 PM, said:

Dispel.
Use a cooldown.
Interrupt.

You're welcome.

Apparently you aren't very bright, if you read what I said you would see that hitting 60%+ in one spell is never okay. I don't care if it took 4 minutes to cast. It is bad for the game, and has no place. The last time destro could hit that hard we had season 8...

#11 Smir

Smir
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/2/0/2/0
  • LocationAustria

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:26 PM

Posted Image

#12 Eiviyn

Eiviyn
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:28 PM

View PostRegent, on 24 October 2012 - 02:02 PM, said:

Apparently you aren't very bright, if you read what I said you would see that hitting 60%+ in one spell is never okay. I don't care if it took 4 minutes to cast. It is bad for the game, and has no place. The last time destro could hit that hard we had season 8...

Sorry captain pala/war/hunter, was just pointing out how to counter it.

#13 Regent

Regent

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:42 PM

View PostEiviyn, on 24 October 2012 - 02:28 PM, said:

Sorry captain pala/war/hunter, was just pointing out how to counter it.

No, you were justifying it. No one here has a problem countering it. I sure don't. That doesn't mean it isn't bad design.

#14 Smir

Smir
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • LocationAustria

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:48 PM

no1 is justifying (most dont even enjoy) bullshit like that
but they cant (and hopefully wont) nerf that befor changeing major stuff to make substained destro or afflidmg (more) viable in arena

this stupid choasbolts are the only reason in some setups to take a warlock
the reasons you took warlocks befor like good control and insane survability are way worse atm, and most other casters do better jobs in those regards

so as long as there wasnt anything else done it is for me ok that i can do one freakin chaosbolt in a 10 minute match vs a good team that nearly avoids every bolt and then i finally 3 shot some1 after i just try to survive and nearly do nothing beside stupid rof and felflame spam (and a few stupid instantfears now and then)

and as a little sidenote
if you get hit by 200k chaosbolt over and over again you should somehow change something in your gear or whatever, because so far i have never had a single 200k chaosbolt in an arenagame and my gear is pretty okish

peace out

Edited by Smir, 24 October 2012 - 02:48 PM.

#15 djp771133

djp771133
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1524

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:08 PM

Good change. Even if it is easy to avoid/counter.

#16 rob-hype

rob-hype
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Feral 2/2/2/1/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1974
  • 3v3: 2276
  • RBG: 1498
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:11 PM

Well needed, they need to fix aff for a bit more pressure and reduce Demo dmg now.
Http://lmgtfy.com/?q...ral+Tichondrius

Feral Always :)

That awkward moment when you're reading this comment, and can't stop reading because you are so intrigued by it, that you keep reading, and then you realize it says nothing important - AJ Signatures

#17 Smir

Smir
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • LocationAustria

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:30 PM

View Postrob-hype, on 24 October 2012 - 03:11 PM, said:

Well needed, they need to fix aff for a bit more pressure and reduce Demo dmg now.

first of all, there isnt a single specific change posted (or did i miss something) its just a thought at all

and even if they will release everything at the same time in my opinion its always the wrong way they do it (not talking about this specific thing now, its just general shitchat :) )

they should first solve the problem that avoids peole from playing the other speccs, and once they think, that they did a good job with that they HAVE TO downgrade and overwork the once broken specc many people are force to play at the moment

e.g. hunters (Even i think it will be way better if the pets would for christ sake finnaly get fixed) they should first see how they could make the other speccs viable in a better way, and after they did that they shall take a look at how to change around bm specc

if they dont stop the way they act now and did since ages in pvp it will still be (and the game got worse and worse, so changing stuff like they did got worse and worse too) it will never stop to
class op -> change -> freakin bad
class bad -> change -> freakin op

cause i already predict, if they do it like in sc2 (where they look at the ladders to see what needs balancing and what not) they will see a ton of hunter and wars, and the least classes/speccs they see is healpriest and rogues
so they will totally forget about mages (and with the dispel change in panda i see a big problem in the magecontrol, not even talking about dmg, its just the control a mage has since the dispelchange)

so they will nerf wars and hunter to the ground, some teams will then just sit out their raiting and dont risk to drop again
they will fuck up at buffing rogues and priests at the wrong place and most likely forget about mages (as ther are not that many in the top20/40 on most bgs)
and if they do it like they always did it, suddenly rmp will become an op setup again

long story short (if you cba to read all the bullshit i wrote befor)
thats a big wow problem, they start on the wong places, befor you change the current problem, get a backup first and then adjust the problem
but thats only for nerfing, for buffing i actually dont know how they could make it better, beside us
if the community gives more constructive feedback and dont just whine and cry there (like here "I ALLWAYS GET 200K BOLTS NERF PLS") it will hopefully help

if you are annoyed by my typos, i am sorry, but i cba to read over it again ;)

#18 lockzworth

lockzworth
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/2/1/2/1
  • RBG: 768

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:24 PM

Maybe I'm not informed, but to me, nerfing chaos bolt (long cast time, easily preventable) definitely takes precedence over nerfing wars and bms insane burst that is completely unavoidable from a casters and really anyone's perspective (dragons roar, CD stacking, "let me trinket this cheap shot so I can hit stampede and my pets kill the rogue while I'm in a kidney").

Either way, doing that much dmg in one ability is bad for the competition and bad for participation levels.  I saw Hilde's thread that showed ladder composition at the high end of the bracket. I'm curious what those numbers would look like if you said top teams over 2.2k, because I would assume it would be more skewed.

Constructive suggestion- lower cast time and lower dmg. What's a fair number? Dmg comparable to frost bomb probably, but bring both down. Cast time slightly longer than incinerate, but not much since chaos bolt already requires a resource and is the focus of everyone's interupts (or should be in lock team situations).

Edited by lockzworth, 24 October 2012 - 05:02 PM.

#19 Eiviyn

Eiviyn
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:02 PM

View Postlockzworth, on 24 October 2012 - 04:24 PM, said:

"let me trinket this cheap shot so I can hit stampede and my pets kill the rogue while I'm in a kidney"

Informative post +1

#20 towst

towst
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Executus
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Affliction 2/2/2/2/0/0

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:18 PM

Idk... if an entire team manages to fail interrupting or stopping a dark soul chaos bolt cast with the thousands of ways to stop it there are, that team deserves to lose imo.  That being said chaos bolt does hit too hard but if it didn't destro wouldn't be playable at all.  Maybe if they made getting embers back a little faster and lowered the mana cost on fel flame, lowering the damage on chaos bolt wouldn't be so bad but the way the spec works right now if those miracle dark soul bolts didn't do the damage they do i don't see how destro could compete at all in arena.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<