[Warrior] Safeguard or Mass Spell Reflect?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Chewee71

Chewee71
  • Members

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:33 AM

As topic says, Safeguard or Mass Spell Reflect, specifically in KFC with a druid. Mass spell reflect just seems to be very useful, but i see almost all warriors with safeguard? any specific reason as to why one would be better than the other?

Thanks

#2 Draax

Draax
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/1/1/1/0
  • RBG: 768

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:53 PM

View PostChewee71, on 23 October 2012 - 01:33 AM, said:

As topic says, Safeguard or Mass Spell Reflect, specifically in KFC with a druid. Mass spell reflect just seems to be very useful, but i see almost all warriors with safeguard? any specific reason as to why one would be better than the other?

Thanks

It is situational I suppose but I prefer safeguard over spell reflect mainly because it has more utility. For instance you can use it as a defensive cooldown to give your team members 20% damage reduction every 30 seconds or you could use it as a root breaker if your healer needs to dispell something else (either by safeguarding back towards a party member or safeguarding a banner to remove a root and close the gap). Also I find that the range on mass spell reflect is very short, as a warrior when we play against caster teams I rarely find myself stacked with my healer.

All depends on your playstyle and what teams you are matched against (as you can change glyphs in the prep area)
"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."

-Draaxx

twitch.tv/draaxx
youtube.com/draaxxtv

#3 Vexxius

Vexxius
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Arms 0/2/1/1/1/2/.
  • 2v2: 2023
  • 3v3: 2957
  • 5v5: 2606
  • RBG: 2373
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:40 PM

I agree with Draaxx - Safeguard is generally better against most comps. A lot of comps bring root effects, and Safeguard is amazing for getting out during those clutch moments where you need to get to your target. Giving your partners 20% damage reduction is also amazing utility.

Mass Spell Reflect has a 45 second cooldown and can be eaten by things like Water Elemental's Waterbolt; thus, if you don't time it correctly, it can be a huge waste. Perhaps, if Mass Spell Reflect had a shorter cooldown, it would be more appealing.

#4 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/0

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:42 AM

just a side note,i have found that mass spell reflect is really good when facing hunter teams for mass reflecting traps on healers, and can definitely be more reliable than eating them if a hunter does say a web trap.

#5 Covlol

Covlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Fury 0/1/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1924
  • 3v3: 2468
  • 5v5: 2282
  • RBG: 1787

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:51 PM

View Posthairpiece, on 28 October 2012 - 03:42 AM, said:

just a side note,i have found that mass spell reflect is really good when facing hunter teams for mass reflecting traps on healers, and can definitely be more reliable than eating them if a hunter does say a web trap.

safeguard can get you out of the web to eat the trap, plus the dmg reduction and shorter cd.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Lvl 1 Dk Legend Covlol

#6 Jækop

Jækop
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2182

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:35 AM

View PostVexxius, on 24 October 2012 - 10:40 PM, said:

Mass Spell Reflect has a 45 second cooldown and can be eaten by things like Water Elemental's Waterbolt; thus, if you don't time it correctly, it can be a huge waste. Perhaps, if Mass Spell Reflect had a shorter cooldown, it would be more appealing.
1 minute cooldown actually =), but i actually find it very usefull in many situations, as of most casters arent really expecting the mass reflect coming, and therefore you can stop a big cc chain, or entirely prevent a big swap. then again, as draaxx said, it is very situational.

Edited by Jækop, 31 October 2012 - 12:36 AM.

Posted Image

#7 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/0

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:53 AM

View PostCovlol, on 30 October 2012 - 10:51 PM, said:

safeguard can get you out of the web to eat the trap, plus the dmg reduction and shorter cd.

im referring to a web trap on the person they're trapping, similar to monkey blind trap last season, they are more rng to eat as they're is no pathing that the healer is wondering around in the scatter shot.

#8 Covlol

Covlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Fury 0/1/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1924
  • 3v3: 2468
  • 5v5: 2282
  • RBG: 1787

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:36 AM

View Posthairpiece, on 31 October 2012 - 03:53 AM, said:

im referring to a web trap on the person they're trapping, similar to monkey blind trap last season, they are more rng to eat as they're is no pathing that the healer is wondering around in the scatter shot.

OoO, my fault. But even in those situations i feel safeguard is better overall.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Lvl 1 Dk Legend Covlol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<