Saru93
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/0/1/1/1

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:16 PM

View Postsaffie, on 21 October 2012 - 09:05 AM, said:

It would be cool if we gathered up and made some sort of a "strike". Rally as many people as possible may it be pvp or pvp players who are discontent with the game and how little they are trying, pick a certain date and advertise on forums, and in this certian date we all unsubscribe at least for a few days to make our point, you can resub later but it would be mostly to show how many people hate the game right now enough to do it.

It wouldn't work unfortunately, there are too many players afraid of not playing the game for a day, I mean I would join instantly but dno..

#22 Veev

Veev
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1928

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:38 PM

View Postkhuna, on 20 October 2012 - 09:59 PM, said:

@Ghostcrawler is it possible to make tab-targeting target the closest enemy in front of you instead of every totem, pet, critter and tree?
Expand
57m Greg Street Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler

@latteine Gotten that request a lot lately. We'll look at it. Could also do a mod-tab or something.

hunters?warriors?mage on tr?

hire anyone 2.2k+ rated he'll do a better job than you in 1 day

disgusting

I'm confused what this quote is about.  Is this all you're asking for?

Or you're complaining that a dev responded to something other than hunters/warriors/mages so they're doing a terrible job?

#23 hustla

hustla
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Balance 0/1/2/1/1/2
  • RBG: 1679

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:44 PM

View PostVeev, on 21 October 2012 - 07:38 PM, said:

I'm confused what this quote is about.  Is this all you're asking for?

Or you're complaining that a dev responded to something other than hunters/warriors/mages so they're doing a terrible job?
Lord veex has spoken

#24 khuna

khuna
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Assassination 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1942

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:47 PM

This is implemented in game since ages and the lead dev doesnt even know it lol, and its a must have if you don't play with target arena 1 2 3

#25 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:24 PM

I am pretty sure that what the guy on twitter was requesting is for tab to ALWAYS target the closest target in front, not just cycle through random targets like guardians, pets and totems.

It has nothing at all to do with PvP.
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#26 khuna

khuna
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Assassination 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1942

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:31 PM

the closest enemy in front of you instead of every totem, pet, critter and tree

Target nearest enemy player

w/e they're still horrible at their job for not hotfixing stampede 48hours after  it hits live

#27 Raikufail

Raikufail
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Fire 1/2/0/1/1/.

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:05 PM

I honestly dont like the state of the game at all, but it's probably not going to change because they would have to remove a lot of spells to make the game balanced and blizzard wont do that because a lot of ppl think it's fun to see cool animations on new spells and try out high crits and shit.

But ofc it's still fun to play just not "AS" fun as it use to be. Skill cap seems rly low like it's hard to tell a difference between dps classes atleast. I am hoping for a more slow paced game but more consistent damage and way less bursty. Same goes with healing. Also should remove all the million interuppts /instant ccs.

pretty much off topic but some people were talking about "fun in arena" and imo this would make it funnier.

#28 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 2273
  • 3v3: 2634
  • 5v5: 2359
  • RBG: 2126

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:46 PM

I stilll don't understand why they dont split spells into PvP/PvE version. Makes balancing 300% easier, the technology is there. They say they don't want to do this because it confuses people? Are we retarded or something? I think it is sad that they think WoW players are so dumb that we can't handle having two versions of the same spell.

Edited by Regent, 22 October 2012 - 04:16 PM.

#29 Pawzz

Pawzz
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery
  • LocationAustria

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:15 AM

I still dont understand why they dont take 10 R1 players and get them to help them out for 1-2 hours each patch. Im sure most would do it for free.
Obviously you cant perfectly balance the game but you can do SOOOOO many easy things to make it more fun that it is now.
Most things are probably even hotfixable.

#30 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:33 AM

View PostThaya, on 21 October 2012 - 12:56 PM, said:

Problem is that the gameplay itself is boring now, moreso than ever before. There's even more random, instant, short effects that prevent you from acting, and on top of that targets are getting healed from 10 to 100 in a global from just normal casts, and every class has a ton of self heals/immunities. You just don't feel powerful or effective anymore unless you pop all your cooldowns at the same time and try to instagib something, or you just randomly gib something in a streak of crits. I sometimes literally alt tab when demon soul is down - nothing I do while its on cooldown will matter anyway, and it's boring to just sit there and feel useless.

TLDR balance is always shit, but right now its shit in a boring way.

PvP is shit, everything is instant, burst damage and healing are over the chart, you can't outplay people anymore on individual level and make big plays on your own, the only "outplay" situations are granted not by mixing 2 people in the equation, but 3 or more, because what you do yourself is almost completely irrelevant atm. Heck, even team outplays aren't as "holy shit those guys are good" as it used to be. I have no clue why dispel system is even in the game anymore, as most important buffs are undispellable, rest doesn't even matter - CC system is a mess, too. Damage dealing is not fluid anymore, instead it's highly unfun.

I thought Cataclysm was bad and unfun, but MoP has lowered the bar even more. Wasted money on MoP, shouldn't of even bothered to buy the game again and relevel just to try it out, some things just never change.

Edited by Lolflay, 22 October 2012 - 12:37 AM.

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#31 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:59 AM

View PostThaya, on 21 October 2012 - 10:24 PM, said:

I am pretty sure that what the guy on twitter was requesting is for tab to ALWAYS target the closest target in front, not just cycle through random targets like guardians, pets and totems.

It has nothing at all to do with PvP.

Blizzard broke tab targeting in TBC when they got butthurt that some mod was letting you tab target from 5000 yards away or so. They still haven't realized that they fucked up the order of targets when they broke that mod and I doubt they ever will.

View PostRegent, on 20 October 2012 - 10:15 PM, said:

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. We all know Blizzard does a terrible job balancing, by anyone's standards. For a while I said they are just a bit slow... but I am coming to the unfortunate conclusion that they are really just terrible at their job. Its a horrible thing to say, but we have to face facts.

If there was a game that offered WoW like Arena that was balanced, would people leave and play it instead? Blizzard needs to be taught a lesson, and it is a lesson that can only be taught by everyone working together.

The PVP community has been quitting since TBC. Every season gets worse and worse so less people play. Blizzard doesn't care because they only have interns developing WoW these days (anyone with a brain has left the company or is working on Titan).

They're still making money from their millions of keyboard turners that think "fun" = doing 98124891125 dailies, so they'll never care about the PVP in this game.

I loved Arenas for so long just like the rest of you. But once you realize that the old "mojo" is never going to come back, you'll find it a lot easier to stop playing. Personally I'll give ArenaNet a few more months to see if they get the backbone features implemented for competitive PVP, and if they don't.... well at least I'm not wasting $15/month on them.

Other than that, I don't know of another game that comes close to implementing Arenas the way they used to be. Not one that is popular, at least. And no real games on the horizon for it either.

Maybe Dota 2/Halo 4 will scratch that itch. Heart of the Swarm sure looks like it's going to be more of the same boring shit as current SC2, so that's out.

Edited by fant0m8, 22 October 2012 - 06:00 AM.

Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#32 Chillywillyx

Chillywillyx
  • Chillywilly
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Guardian 2/0/0/1/2/1
  • RBG: 960

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:44 AM

View PostDividium, on 20 October 2012 - 10:16 PM, said:

Queues on sylvanas dropped from 3k to 0 at peak times. People quitting because game is shitter than ever before I bet $100.

Besides the very few classes being out of control the game is the best It's been since TBC, just because BM hunter's are out of control doesn't make the game shit arena is balanced for the most point minus BM's and idiot warriors mongoloiding in the first 10 seconds of a game. Also the PvE from what I've heard is pretty good at this point, Tbh 90% of people QQing is because of nostalgia and not remembering how broken every other expansion was.
   Most of the problems people are having will be fixxed in a few weeks with 5.1 and the game will ALWAYS be imbalanced because of PvE and PvP being existent in the same game it won't be perfect but atm its the best its ever been.
Tswizzle4Lyf3

#33 Jidox

Jidox
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Barthilas
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/0/2/0/.

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:08 AM

View PostChillywillyx, on 22 October 2012 - 06:44 AM, said:

Besides the very few classes being out of control the game is the best It's been since TBC, just because BM hunter's are out of control doesn't make the game shit arena is balanced for the most point minus BM's and idiot warriors mongoloiding in the first 10 seconds of a game. Also the PvE from what I've heard is pretty good at this point, Tbh 90% of people QQing is because of nostalgia and not remembering how broken every other expansion was.
   Most of the problems people are having will be fixxed in a few weeks with 5.1 and the game will ALWAYS be imbalanced because of PvE and PvP being existent in the same game it won't be perfect but atm its the best its ever been.

no

#34 dudelolxd

dudelolxd
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sanguino
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Combat
  • RBG: 768

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:23 AM

Plz go Sleep.

#35 Snipin

Snipin
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/0/0/0/1/1

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:35 AM

The state of Hunter's and Warrior's is just making everything else fly under the radar... There is so much unpreventable damage and CC in the game it is ridiculous. I only played in the later half of Cata, and arena tournament realm, but I can promise you arena is NOT the best it's ever been.

You must be trolling, because the game is a piece of shit.

#36 Chizzey

Chizzey
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2160

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:01 PM

as soon hunters are nerfed and warriors are fixed you will see godcomp raise high

mld/mls/shatreeplay

#37 Saikx

Saikx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arcane 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 2137
  • 3v3: 2624
  • RBG: 2184

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:55 PM

View PostThaya, on 21 October 2012 - 12:56 PM, said:

I sometimes literally alt tab when demon soul is down - nothing I do while its on cooldown will matter anyway, and it's boring to just sit there and feel useless.

Kinda feel the same without deep/frostbomb, lol. Anyways the gameplay atm is retarded you do literally no dmg without CDs(people are topped in 1 heal), while 2 shotting people with CDs. Thats why BM Hunters are so strong right now, BM has like no CD and the dmg is so fucking easy to apply since pet moves at 34348954395% speed and isnt even kiteable.

Posted Image

Visit my stream: http://www.twitch.tv/saikx

#38 Jontex

Jontex
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1698
  • 3v3: 2620
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationSweden

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:58 PM

View PostSaikx, on 22 October 2012 - 01:55 PM, said:

Kinda feel the same without deep/frostbomb, lol. Anyways the gameplay atm is retarded you do literally no dmg without CDs(people are topped in 1 heal), while 2 shotting people with CDs. Thats why BM Hunters are so strong right now, BM has like no CD and the dmg is so fucking easy to apply since pet moves at 34348954395% speed and isnt even kiteable.
Yup, seems like you have a clue rofl. Enter game, oh its a bm hunter, WE CANT DO ANYTHING WE ARE DEAD OMFG SHIT IDIOT GAME.
Get a grip..
Posted Image

#39 Saikx

Saikx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arcane 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 2137
  • 3v3: 2624
  • RBG: 2184

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:04 PM

View PostJontex, on 22 October 2012 - 01:58 PM, said:

Yup, seems like you have a clue rofl. Enter game, oh its a bm hunter, WE CANT DO ANYTHING WE ARE DEAD OMFG SHIT IDIOT GAME.
Get a grip..

View PostJontex, on 22 October 2012 - 01:58 PM, said:

Get a grip..

What? Me saying that BM Hunters are strong atm because of their kit and CDs/State of the game, shows I have no clue? The butthurt is strong in your post and I am not dying vs BM/Warrior Teams, in fact I didnt lose a single game yet vs BM hunter teams in 3v3. I am just pointing out the obvious and explaining how the Game feels atm, no CDs = no dmg, CDs= instagib.

Alos the most obvious thing here to point out would be, that you are a retard. try again, next time use your brain

Edited by Saikx, 22 October 2012 - 02:05 PM.

Posted Image

Visit my stream: http://www.twitch.tv/saikx

#40 Jontex

Jontex
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1698
  • 3v3: 2620
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationSweden

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:20 PM

View PostSaikx, on 22 October 2012 - 01:55 PM, said:

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<