khuna
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Assassination 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1942

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:59 PM

@Ghostcrawler is it possible to make tab-targeting target the closest enemy in front of you instead of every totem, pet, critter and tree?
Expand
57m Greg Street Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler

@latteine Gotten that request a lot lately. We'll look at it. Could also do a mod-tab or something.

hunters?warriors?mage on tr?

hire anyone 2.2k+ rated he'll do a better job than you in 1 day

disgusting

#2 drakuru

drakuru
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:05 PM

Thought the same. It's incredible hard to find Teampartners for 3v3, all Ive done in Arenaz was helping a friend to 2,2k
Who wants to play with other classes than  Warrior/ Hunter/ Feral/ Enhancer.
Posted Image

#3 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Holy 2/1/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2151

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:15 PM

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. We all know Blizzard does a terrible job balancing, by anyone's standards. For a while I said they are just a bit slow... but I am coming to the unfortunate conclusion that they are really just terrible at their job. Its a horrible thing to say, but we have to face facts.

If there was a game that offered WoW like Arena that was balanced, would people leave and play it instead? Blizzard needs to be taught a lesson, and it is a lesson that can only be taught by everyone working together.

#4 Dividium

Dividium
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/2/1/1/1/1
  • RBG: 2036

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:16 PM

Queues on sylvanas dropped from 3k to 0 at peak times. People quitting because game is shitter than ever before I bet $100.

#5 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Holy 2/1/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2151

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:22 PM

View PostDividium, on 20 October 2012 - 10:16 PM, said:

Queues on sylvanas dropped from 3k to 0 at peak times. People quitting because game is shitter than ever before I bet $100.

That would be a safe bet.

#6 Tfgreenacre_3240035

Tfgreenacre_3240035
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Protection 2/1/2/0/1/2
  • RBG: 2411

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:26 PM

View Postdrakuru, on 20 October 2012 - 10:05 PM, said:

Thought the same. It's incredible hard to find Teampartners for 3v3, all Ive done in Arenaz was helping a friend to 2,2k
Who wants to play with other classes than  Warrior/ Hunter/ Feral/ Enhancer.

not sure if srs

there are tons of SP/mage/x teams around how could you possibly be struggling to find a team as an SP? i'm playing with one myself

#7 djp771133

djp771133
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1524

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:37 PM

There was probably ques because it was the beginning of an xpac and everyone was in a rush trying to level and now that most people have a 90.  It doesn't surprise me that there aren't ques not because they game sucks (which is debatable) but just because a lot of the hype/rush to level is gone.

#8 inhume

inhume
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Combat

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:19 PM

or you could just bind tab to target closest enemy player...?

#9 GLopez

GLopez
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Unholy 0/1/2/2/0/2

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:22 PM

I'm always optimistic when I play WOW, and I still think it's a great game. But whenever I play any other MMOs, I find it insane how bad WOW's balance is compared to everything else. Even Rift has always made sure every class has a viable PvP spec, and it doesn't even have ladders.

#10 Ensipid

Ensipid
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Affliction
  • RBG: 2561

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:23 AM

I really honestly couldn't think it could get worse ... but holy fucking shit it's gotten a lot worse.

#11 saffie

saffie
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2112

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:05 AM

It would be cool if we gathered up and made some sort of a "strike". Rally as many people as possible may it be pvp or pvp players who are discontent with the game and how little they are trying, pick a certain date and advertise on forums, and in this certian date we all unsubscribe at least for a few days to make our point, you can resub later but it would be mostly to show how many people hate the game right now enough to do it.

#12 Ensipid

Ensipid
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Affliction
  • RBG: 2561

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:06 AM

I just unsubbed again lol but if you want to organize that go ahead.

#13 Xxlegolasxxz

Xxlegolasxxz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:48 AM

Do you even know how miniscule the PVP population is in WoW? Its actually insane if you just think about it and toss some simple math around, its an almost negligible % of the overwall WoW community. You could get every single person that was ever registered on AJ to quit and Blizzard would still be just as bad at balancing arena.

For real though, balance isn't even the key to how viable a game is as an e-Sport and obviously its not the key to the longevity of a game, because according to every PVPer, Blizzard is the worst at balancing and yet here you all are, 12 seasons in, years later, still playing. Wanna know why?

Cause arena is fun, theres nothing quite like it, no matter how terrible the balance is, the mere core concepts of teamwork and fundamentals of arena will consistently make it addicting and enjoyable. In fact, thats how its always been, and its not even a concept that applies to arena or WoW exclusively, it applies to many competitive games at the highest echelon.

Typically I would say that should be good enough, arena is fun and thats why you all are still playing. Unfortunately, the way this game has evolved ( Not necessarily the balance, I suppose i'm lending this statement moreso towards how arena is played due to the overflux/influx of instant CC in the game ), the disdain for the gameplay is starting to outweigh the overall enjoyment of arena. I wouldn't say thats a balance issue necessarily though.

I have no idea where I was going with this. TLDR - You could get every PVPer to quit and Blizzard would still suck at balancing gg no re mi

#14 Nycto

Nycto
  • Junkies

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:16 AM

The fact that blizzard puts any amount of time into such a tiny tiny part of their game should have you people thanking blizzard, but nope gotta spend all their time on one of the smallest factors of the game!

#15 Klyftigt

Klyftigt
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety
  • LocationMalmö, Sweden

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:23 AM

View PostNycto, on 21 October 2012 - 10:16 AM, said:

The fact that blizzard puts any amount of time into such a tiny tiny part of their game should have you people thanking blizzard, but nope gotta spend all their time on one of the smallest factors of the game!

What? That doesn't even make any sense. Are you using google-translate or something?

Edited by Klyftigt, 21 October 2012 - 11:24 AM.

#16 Nycto

Nycto
  • Junkies

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:36 AM

View PostKlyftigt, on 21 October 2012 - 11:23 AM, said:

What? That doesn't even make any sense. Are you using google-translate or something?
You're a smart one!

#17 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:56 PM

Always been and always will be badly balanced, but this never made PvP less fun. Competitive arena balance is probably the smallest factor here.

Problem is that the gameplay itself is boring now, moreso than ever before. There's even more random, instant, short effects that prevent you from acting, and on top of that targets are getting healed from 10 to 100 in a global from just normal casts, and every class has a ton of self heals/immunities. You just don't feel powerful or effective anymore unless you pop all your cooldowns at the same time and try to instagib something, or you just randomly gib something in a streak of crits. I sometimes literally alt tab when demon soul is down - nothing I do while its on cooldown will matter anyway, and it's boring to just sit there and feel useless.

TLDR balance is always shit, but right now its shit in a boring way.

Also I think people are underestimating how much potential WoW PvP actually has. If they went out of their way to make it the most fun they can - and note that I don't mean just arena/competition - a lot more people would participate than you think.

Edited by Thaya, 21 October 2012 - 01:00 PM.

Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#18 Itsnel

Itsnel
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2469

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:05 PM

View PostGLopez, on 20 October 2012 - 11:22 PM, said:

I'm always optimistic when I play WOW, and I still think it's a great game. But whenever I play any other MMOs, I find it insane how bad WOW's balance is compared to everything else. Even Rift has always made sure every class has a viable PvP spec, and it doesn't even have ladders.

what? wow has a ladder?

#19 khuna

khuna
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Assassination 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1942

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:32 PM

I think WoW PvP has a great potential and i think it wouldnt even be that hard to balance atm just need few obvious changes, small portions of players or not they have people that should be working on it and seeing that the GC himlself doesnt even know that you can target ennemy players only with tab is just sad since its the game since 5+years

#20 Mirionx

Mirionx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 1/2/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2662

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:59 PM

Never been on a high pop server at release before? It's always like this, any major patch. People come back and try the game out if they like it they transfer to another server because of the long queues, people who don't like it stop playing. Eventually the queues are gone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<